Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars General Discussion - What will the future of the franchise look like?

1084 replies to this topic

#81 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17106 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

https://www.hollywoo..._source=twitter

Reporter: Many believe Disney should pump the breaks and not put out a Star Wars movie each year.

Bob Iger: I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made I take the blame was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.

Goodbye, Obi-Fett movies. You won't be missed.

#82 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34891 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:58 AM

I been doing a little thinking in regards to Order 66, what I know is, the Clones all had chips implanted into them at a very early stage and they were desgined (the clones) to obey orders, but the thing that kind of bugs me is how the chips work, first off, the Clone Army is spread across the galaxy and yet Clone Wars shows a means of contact in real time, yet the chips are inside of the Clones heads, exactly how does it work? I mean in the Revenge of the sith, we see the Emperor order Cody directly via hologram to carry out the order and Cody orders a nearby cannon to shoot at Obi Wan, so how does the command reach the basic soldier whose name is unlike to be unknown by those in power? Anyone know how this works?

I presume that they just need to hear "Order 66".  The basic soldier has a radio in his helmet.

#83 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11706 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, I'd guess emergency Holonet communiques go out to everyone on audio (or maybe even text, if they were running silent for whatever reason). Commanders (and other officer-level personnel) would be the only ones who'd be expected to check the visual side of the feed in case there was any supplementary data coming through.

#84 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67279 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:48 PM

https://www.hollywoo...e-years-1147653

ACItEK8.png

#85 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 03:17 AM

#86 Zillatron

Zillatron

Lord of the Energon Harvest

• Citizen
  • 6375 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:09 AM

Ah, the sweet and salty Fanboy tears - truly, the nectar of the Gods!

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#87 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:50 AM

I just think Kennedy is crap at her job. She doesn't get Star Wars or what makes it fun.

And that has nothing to do with prominence of female characters. Filoni took Ahsoka, a fanfic tier kid appeal retcon character, and made her into one of my favourites. And that includes a lot of how she proves wiser than Anakin.

#88 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

This should at least teach people a lesson about believing in rumors and thinking they're legitimate just because someone has a YouTube channel and a voice, which were peddled even here.

This is a good video on the subject.

Edited by Tyranno, 29 September 2018 - 12:16 PM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#89 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

The head of Disney did say they're slowing down the number of movies.

So clearly critics were at least right that the Disney era was overloaded.

#90 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

I'm not talking about critics. I'm talking about the stuff that people were touting about her being fired and whatnot, which were being treated as all but confirmed because Solo didn't do well. Which is frankly as ludicrous as saying that Kevin Feige is about to be fired because Ant-Man under-performed.

Stop giving these people legitimacy. It's obvious what their motives are and where their "sources" come from. All that kind of stuff is is a platform to garner attention and manipulate public opinion.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#91 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:30 PM

Again, we're a forum that thrives on leaks and rumours.

Yes, people should be careful what they buy into. But it's not exactly uncommon for a rumour online to prove true these days. It's not like when we were kids and rumour was some kid you know making stuff up to get attention. Online rumours usually prove true 9 times out of 10.

#92 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

I think you're grossly exaggerating that number. I've seen dozens and dozens of rumors about the upcoming Smash Bros. game being touted as fact and then being proven wrong by official reveals since E3 earlier this year, and in both the lead up to Infinity War and The Last Jedi there were multiple "reliable" reports about the plots of both movies that came and went without proving true.

But most importantly, consider the source. Just because the end result aligns with your preferences doesn't mean they have legitimacy. You don't dislike these movies because a woman runs Star Wars and they push female and minority characters, but I'd wager that's the motive of a good portion of the people on YouTube and reddit and 4chan "reporting" this.

#93 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47879 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

The head of Disney did say they're slowing down the number of movies.

So clearly critics were at least right that the Disney era was overloaded.

Or it's less about quantity and more about supply and demand. Scale back the movies' availability and you increase the demand for said movies. Solo's problem was the hype (and yes, I count vigorous online debate as "hype") around Episode VIII hadn't died down prior to its release. Nobody was talking about Solo, nobody wants to talk about Solo. Meanwhile, The Last Jedi continues to be the central focus on fan attention.

So it makes sense that if the new movies are going to continue to bring that level of engagement from fans, there's little reason to have so robust a release schedule. The Last Jedi has been a gold mine in terms of Star Wars' long term profitability.

#94 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

I think you're grossly exaggerating that number. I've seen dozens and dozens of rumors about the upcoming Smash Bros. game being touted as fact and then being proven wrong by official reveals since E3 earlier this year, and in both the lead up to Infinity War and The Last Jedi there were multiple "reliable" reports about the plots of both movies that came and went without proving true.

But most importantly, consider the source. Just because the end result aligns with your preferences doesn't mean they have legitimacy. You don't dislike these movies because a woman runs Star Wars and they push female and minority characters, but I'd wager that's the motive of a good portion of the people on YouTube and reddit and 4chan "reporting" this.

Who takes 4chan rumours seriously? It's literally just right wing cowards hiding behind the web and bitching about everything because they have no talent to create anything.

#95 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

I'm not exactly sure what makes the other two more credible.

#96 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:52 PM

I don't read reddit.

Not have I ever cited the kind of YouTube channels you're referring to.

#97 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

Well either way, the stuff about Kennedy being fired was posted here, and that was primarily where it was coming from, so. I dunno what I'm supposed to think.

#98 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3358 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

I'm glad they are cutting back on doing a movie a year that would have led to burnout on Star Wars rather fast.

#99 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

Well either way, the stuff about Kennedy being fired was posted here, and that was primarily where it was coming from, so. I dunno what I'm supposed to think.

You listed YouTube in a list of "ludicrous" and "unreliable" sources, and yet you used a YouTube video on the same forum page, so...what is your message?

#100 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

You listed YouTube in a list of "ludicrous" and "unreliable" sources, and yet you used a YouTube video on the same forum page, so...what is your message?

... Well for one, it wasn’t a video about dispensing alleged information about mysterious insider information, it was an editorial video about the subject about the fandom’s history with this stuff and the current state of affairs regarding information already revealed in a major news outlet. Did you actually listen to the video’s content?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users