Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 03:00 PM)

I'm not. I'm listening to his own contradictory statements.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Most people don't, but it's still making enough ratings to continue, apparently.

@  Bass X0 : (22 March 2020 - 11:45 AM)

I’m not finding modern episodes of The Simpson’s at all funny.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (22 March 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Trump HAS been working on this, stop listening to those idiot "news" outlets that just spin everything against him out of bias.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 08:52 AM)

At the least, they could keep it off of Twitter.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 March 2020 - 08:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure the capuchin from "outbreak" would have done a better job than trump.

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM)

Isn't it sad that President Schwarzenegger would have been the better alternative in retrospect?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 March 2020 - 03:38 AM)

It was President Schwarzenegger, not Wolfcastle.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 March 2020 - 02:51 AM)

He put that in a speech in Springfields 'Do as we say' festival in 2005 too.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2020 - 09:05 AM)

"I came here to LEAD not to read" -President Wolfcastle

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 March 2020 - 02:30 AM)

Be a leader not a reader

@  Telly : (20 March 2020 - 09:15 PM)

then start one? :p

@  Benbot : (20 March 2020 - 08:14 PM)

I can't believe there isn't an Animal Crossing thread

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars General Discussion - What will the future of the franchise look like?

904 replies to this topic

#21 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17609 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Force Awakens was awesome.

Rogue One was good.

Last Jedi was pretty close to the best Star Wars film ever.

Solo was lots of fun.

Star Wars is fine.

-ZacWilliam, and will likely continue to be so.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#22 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

Well, it was Kennedy's distaste for what Miller and Lord were doing that led to Solo ending up as the most expensive Star Wars film ever, so... IF true, I don't think she's necessarily the WORST person to blame.
But then I don't like Kennedy much anyway because she's supposedly responsible for Nothing But White Female Leads.

does that come from any legitimate source or is it just speculation based on her appearance? Because I've only seen that in the context that people are constantly accusing her of trying to self insert herself.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#23 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2917 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

Star Wars is fine.

c4jt321.png

#24 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28976 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:46 AM

Force Awakens was awesome.

Rogue One was good.

Last Jedi was pretty close to the best Star Wars film ever.

Solo was lots of fun.

Star Wars is fine.

-ZacWilliam, and will likely continue to be so.

Zac, you do know other people have different opinions, right?

Because sometimes I'm really not sure.

#25 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Citizen
  • 22831 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:07 AM

I think it's a bit too early to panic or cry victory or whatever, but don't let me harsh your buzz.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#26 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28976 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

Claim victory on what?

For my part the Disney era has been a lot of meh. Be it the movies or Rebels none of it has really spoken to me and that's not for lack of trying. I gave TFA, RO and TLJ generally positive reviews.

At the same time I know there are people who adore the Disney era and they're not wrong to do so. Variety is what makes life worth living.

I do however chafe at sweeping gushing or negative comments where someone acts like their personal opinion is the deciding one.

#27 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17027 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

It is overly generous to even call it a "rumor" that Disney could possibly be considering firing Kathleen Kennedy, or that Disney, one of the most powerful brands in the world with name recognition higher than "water", would ever value fanboy sniveling more than $1.3 billion.

Solo is the first SW film to underperform. That is the only thing Disney could possibly be concerned about, assuming they even are. The complaints about TLJ do not exist in their world. They barely exist at all.

Edited by Thylacine 2000, 21 July 2018 - 03:41 PM.

#28 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3053 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:15 AM

It is overly generous to even call it a "rumor" that Disney could possibly be considering firing Kathleen Kennedy, or that Disney, one of the most powerful brands in the world with name recognition higher than "water", would ever value fanboy sniveling more than $1.3 billion.

Solo is the first SW film to underperform. That is the only thing Disney could possibly be concerned about, assuming they even are. The complaints about TLJ do not exist in their world. They barely exist at all.

No. Solo is the first Star Wars movie to lose money in its theatrical run.

The Last Jedi was the first Star Wars to underperform. (Well, the first Disney Star Wars. I'd have to refresh my memory on the box office for the prequels to be sure on them.)

Underperforming isn't flopping, after all. It just means the studio was working under the assumption they'd wind up with dollar value X when all's said and done, but they got less than X instead. And the Last Jedi wound up taking in a lot less money than early estimates suggested, primarily due to weak legs.

Beyond that, though, Disney didn't just buy Star Wars for movies, and the non-movie merch has been taking some pretty big hits too. 

I'm not saying the rumors Kennedy's out are anything beyond fanboy wishful thinking right now, but the ship is not sailing well. Production on every film except the Last Jedi was a mess, and they've fired about as many directors as have finished films. 

Disney likes making money. Disney dislikes losing money. I don't know what they're doing, exactly, but there's no way there weren't a lot of numbers crunched and a lot of data gathered to try to figure out why Star Wars went from invincible to less successful than Ant Man.

#29 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:16 AM

The Last Jedi was the first Star Wars to underperform. (Well, the first Disney Star Wars. I'd have to refresh my memory on the box office for the prequels to be sure on them.)

Citation needed.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#30 ThunderWear

ThunderWear

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 1281 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:41 AM

And one thing to consider is that in corporate America making less money is only slightly better than not making money.  What's better than 1.3 billion?  1.4 billion.

Not that I think rumors of anyone getting the ax have any truth to them, it's just odd to see someone claim it can't be true because Disney is happy with making some money instead of all of the money.  This isn't your Aunt Beru and her garage sale, it's a bunch of suits who live to profit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#31 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3316 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

They should go back to doing a movie every three years and go back to putting out books and comics.  Let the franchise lie fallow for awhile.

#32 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1311 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:36 AM

They should go back to doing a movie every three years and go back to putting out books and comics.  Let the franchise lie fallow for awhile.

"Go back" to putting out books and comics?
LOOKDOWN.png

#33 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2917 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

I mean, they JUST announced a whole lot of new books and comics the other day.

kGIz2AA.jpg

Han meets Hondo!

2RJseMq.jpg

Vader tells scary stories about demon Ewoks!

tFl6DS7.jpg

Lando... stumbles into Dune?

#34 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11536 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

"If you're looking for Tatooine, it's thataway."

#35 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3316 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

I mean, they JUST announced a whole lot of new books and comics the other day.

kGIz2AA.jpg

Han meets Hondo!

2RJseMq.jpg

Vader tells scary stories about demon Ewoks!

tFl6DS7.jpg

I figured Vader would tell scary stories about sand.

#36 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11536 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

I mean, I can imagine Kylo Ren getting beaten up by Ewoks when he goes to recover Vader's helmet. . .

#37 Telly

Telly

Needs things explained to him sometimes...

• Retired Staff
  • 8472 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

Id love to see that one
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#38 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28976 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

*sniffle* "Hux, b-bring me my shuttle..."
"I will remind you that I am not your errand boy, Ren. And-...are you crying?"
*longer sniffle"N-no. It must be..be a bad line."
"You ARE crying! Aw, what's wrong? The ickle teddy bears too much for the Knight of Ren?"
"I SAID I'M NOT!"

#39 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

*sniffle* "Hux, b-bring me my shuttle..."
"I will remind you that I am not your errand boy, Ren. And-...are you crying?"
*longer sniffle"N-no. It must be..be a bad line."
"You ARE crying! Aw, what's wrong? The ickle teddy bears too much for the Knight of Ren?"
"I SAID I'M NOT!"

Ren sounds more like Hux here, to be honest.

#40 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6442 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

Indeed. Just based off the box office takes for the Post-Disney films, they've nearly doubled their investment. The four Disney era films combined cost about a billion to make. The international take home for those four films is around 4 billion. Heck, Solo was a $100 million success. That's not even bothering to look at merchandise speculations.

So I really don't understand the idea that Star Wars is somehow failing under Kennedy.

Every article I have seen on the internet says that the movie under-performance cost Disney $50 million. I see no mention of it making $100 Million. It reportedly cost Disney $250 million to make the film and it only made $212 Domestically. Internationally it made another $173, but international markets take a lot larger cut of the films than the domestic markets. Once the film hits home media, I am sure that Disney will get its money back but so far the film did take a loss theatrically.

Even if it did make that, you don't spend $4 billion buying a franchise so you can release films that profit $100 million. No one's expecting the side films to make as much as the main ones, but it's still a tentpole release that they expect to rake in gobs of cash cause it's Star Wars. $100 million profit on Star Wars is a failure any way you slice it. Rogue One did over a billion worldwide and what will this one make? $400 mil? Maybe $500 mil? R1 did more than that in NA alone.

I haven't seen Solo, but from the trailer it looked bland starring the blandiest bland guy as Solo. There's no substitute for Harrison Ford. What they should've done is just gone with a Lando movie. Free rein on the backstory, no offense to Billy Dee Williams but those ain't exactly big shoes to fill, and just based on only seeing him in one SNL skit Donald Glover actually seemed to be brimming with talent and charisma.

But maybe when I get around to seeing it I'll eat a plate full of crow and blame poor marketing.

Edited by Teufel, 22 July 2018 - 09:32 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users