Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars: The Clone Wars revival

211 replies to this topic

#201 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4904 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 May 2020 - 10:51 AM

Disney's given us 3 absolutely Great films, two decent ones, one spectacular cartoon, some other fun side toons, a perfect end for Clone Wars, and a spectacularly successful live action show.

Plus a massive theme park expansion on both coasts

Considering all that has pretty much been in the span of 6 years, I think there DOES exist an argument that maybe Disney has gone to the well too much and audiences are overwhelmed/exhausted by the franchise a bit.  Especially when every single film was harked as THE event...every single year.

But at least they seem to be pulling back and I think the franchise will be better for it.

#202 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40069 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:44 AM

Come on guys. The Sequel films were a mess. Last Jedi really ticked off the fandom, and the two films that followed it suffered greatly because if it. Going back to well has nothing to do with it, as the MCU has shown that you can release 3 good movies in a year and people will go see them. These films just weren't that good. They weren't bad, but the story was extremely lacking, there was no overall plot between the three films, a ton of ship reuse(Xyston class, I am looking at you), and the whole rushed ending just makes me glad that we get stuff like the Mandalorian and Clone Wars to tide us over. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#203 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29165 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 12:30 PM

I don't think the situation is completely black and white but I am absolutely sick of the fandoms hypocrisy and the claims if you don't like the Disney movies you're looking to hate them and Star Wars is 'no longer for you'.

#204 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6344 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:28 PM

I like elements of the prequels. I don't like other elements. I like elements of the sequels. I don't like other elements. I don't think George was perfect and Kathleen is terrible. I don't think George was terrible and Kathleen is perfect. I think every Star Wars project has its good and bad points, and I'm happy to judge them by themselves versus whoever was in charge of the company at the time they were made. Any opinion that allows for other people to have their own opinions is a fine one to have and to argue for, whether I agree or disagree with it.

What I can't stand is the position that one's own opinion is the right one, it's obviously and unassailably the right one, everyone sensible agrees that it's the right one, and there's clearly something wrong with your fan-ness if you disagree.

Statements like "Compare to the movies where Kennedy is actively trying to snub everything that predates her tenure and clearly doesn't grasp why people love Star Wars" feel a whole lot like they fall into that basket. It's saying that if I like anything produced under Kennedy, then I don't love Star Wars the right way. It makes me feel insulted.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#205 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29165 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:20 PM

Then disagree with it. You absolutely have that right. But by contrast, I don't need anyone telling me the current movies are flawless, that I'm just looking to ruin everyone else's fun and just need to shut up and 'accept' something I'm a huge fan of is no longer for me like I'm some regressive. That's the worst kind of gate keeping.

Again, there's too much of a double standard from the people who want to write off everything from 1997 to the buyout and insist because they're now enjoying Star Wars again it being good is unarguable fact.

#206 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6344 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:38 PM

Who are those people? Who here has said that *anything* is flawless, let alone the new movies specifically?

And heck, since you mentioned it, why *do* people love Star Wars, in your opinion?

(Or anyone's. Let's turn this into a productive discussion.)
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#207 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 40069 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 10:06 PM

Its a pretty awesome Space Western that incorporates a great hero rises story line to form the main backbone of the universe. 

#208 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7799 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:52 AM

I still wish we could get either a Republic Commando or an ARC Trooper series.  

#209 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17805 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:11 AM

It's a fun fantasy fairytale set in space.

It's the classic young Hero Joseph Campbell stuff mixed with Space Opera and Westerns.

It has a strong sense of cool visual design and strong sense of humor, mixed when at its best with charismatic actors who seem to be having genuine fun playing characters you like and want to spend time with, who are having heroic swashbuckling adventures in a strange world/s. Fast-paced all-ages fun good vs evil stories.

-ZacWilliam, The reason the old expanded universe lost me after its first push was I realized that none of those books I read actually felt anything like Star Wars to me. It was the pieces of the universe, but without any of the Mythic Fantasy resonance and meaning, largely without fun humor and lightness and jokes, and without the exciting pulp space opera pacing. The old Expanded Universe was Star Wars wallpaper on regular old Sci-fi and that's not a Star Wars I'm interested in.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 11 May 2020 - 10:06 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#210 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19651 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:08 PM

Finally got to sit down and watch the final two episodes and man those were intense.

I'm blown away by how much tension they were able to build for something for which we've known the basic outcome for fifteen years and even some specifics for five. A metric tonne of credit goes to the score which was mind blowing, but just such a great job all around.

This show deserves an Emmy nomination at least - and not just for best animated or something.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#211 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 40069 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, that tension as they walk Maul down the ship was nuts. You are just waiting for Order 66 to go off. 

#212 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19651 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:11 AM

I had goosebumps for like what felt like ten minutes straight.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users