Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

Photo
- - - - -

BotCon Historical videos!

BotCon Videos 3H

29 replies to this topic

#21 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17208 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

Sorry to double post, but no one's talking about these. At about 1 Hour 36 minutes into the main Botcon 96 video, we get a clear view of an Action Master Arcee prototype. So, is this the one the Men in Black were going to make, or the one Takara was going to make? It's situated in the same display as the Unicron prototype and the Double Prentenders.

unknown.png

That's the MIB thing, yeah. I don't think it was ever associated with HasTak as they said they hadn't even negotiated.

https://tfwiki.net/w...gramAMArcee.jpg

Edited by Thylacine 2000, 26 July 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#22 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31071 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#23 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31071 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#24 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12957 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:35 PM

Sorry to double post, but no one's talking about these. At about 1 Hour 36 minutes into the main Botcon 96 video, we get a clear view of an Action Master Arcee prototype. So, is this the one the Men in Black were going to make, or the one Takara was going to make? It's situated in the same display as the Unicron prototype and the Double Prentenders.

unknown.png

I know nothing of the behind-the-scenes discussions, but the arms and legs (and the hip construction, quite bluntly) seem to me off-model from that of existing Action Masters. That said, I suppose the differences could be chalked up to "she's a girl."

Still, if I had to guess, I'd say non-Hasbro (Takara didn't do Action Masters, New Year's Convoy notwithstanding).

EDIT: Oh, sorry. Missed Thy's response. I'd forgotten that I'd even seen that ad.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 26 July 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#25 Buster Darkwings

Buster Darkwings
  • Citizen
  • 3447 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:20 PM

Hmm, the version of The Touch that plays starting at about 52 minutes sounds somewhat different, is that the version on Call to Action?

#26 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31071 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:34 PM

Hmm, the version of The Touch that plays starting at about 52 minutes sounds somewhat different, is that the version on Call to Action?

Most likely.

#27 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17208 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=Z5QZb_Aie6c

https://www.youtube....h?v=rmu1XnNGMbE

So the "Super Hybrid Models all melted in the warehouse" story goes back to at least Tony Preto's talk at BC94.

#28 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:48 AM

HUH

I'm back on the BotCon videos and Bob Forward opens his 1997 panel by holding a video tape that he says is 10 minutes of cut content.

He says it isn't a blooper reel but, 10 minutes of "stuff that didn't exactly work out."

Is this a known thing? Have we ever seen or heard of this tape?

#29 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31071 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:05 AM

#30 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

I am very slowly catching up with these. I haven't even gotten to my first BotCon yet, 1998, but it just feels like going home. I had never seen these videos of the earlier conventions and it's so great to see some of what I had always heard about.

There's stuff in these Hasbro panels I had never heard about! I think the only big reveal in the G2 panel was that they were working on combiners with modern articulation; I wonder how much work had been done on that.

I had always heard about the 1997 Kenner panel where we were promised new vehicle toys, but that's only part of it. They were going to repackage some G2 toys alongside these all new toys, and give this relaunch a separate TV show in a different time period in the same universe as Beast Wars. They were clear that they felt the G2 approach of just putting out toys was a mistake, and that they wanted to build a larger sci fi world. They also say that with the new toys, playsets will be integral to the figures, and I don't know what that even means. Also they were in negotiations with Dark Horse to do comics, and hoped there would be novels too.

So glad we have these.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users