Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Liege : (20 September 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Any sightings of Ratchet at U.S. Walgreens yet? A couple of stores around me have recently restocked their toy aisles but no Ratchets yet at those ones.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:54 AM)

You don't even hear a hint of an accent, and she only very rarely chooses some odd wording where she probably wasn't familiar with the more appropriate alternative due to its relative obscurity.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:41 AM)

Just watched what's possibly the most relaxed interview ever of a German Youtuber interviewing Zazie while walking around Berlin. Turns out she was born in Berlin and spent quite some time in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:39 AM)

Actors and actresses I had no idea speak fluent German, part 4.231: Zazie Beetz from Deadpool 2.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:14 PM)

It's too bad it's like this because some of what they're doing with tiny cars is pretty cool, but I'm not willing to sign up for that f-ing hassle.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:13 PM)

At this point I'm trying to decide how much of a markup I'm willing to pay some scalper scum or if I should just say to hell with it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 September 2019 - 02:11 PM)

That is pretty much the constant story with Hot Wheels. Anything you might actually want has most likely been picked clean and marked up.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM)

I've been watching some Youtube Hot Wheels videos out of boredom and discovered there exists a new car that just came out maybe a month ago that looks just like one I had when I was little, and I've been looking around hoping to get it. Slim picking everywhere, but online there are a slew of sellers asking for 3 and 4x the retail price, plus a hefty shipping markup.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Oh, that explains the problem I've encountered with finding one little car

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Oh boy. I work at Target, and literally every single morning, there are two or three guys outside who make a beeline straight to the Hot Wheels.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 September 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Hot Wheels

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 12:25 PM)

Which collecting community has the worst scalpers?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 September 2019 - 09:55 PM)

I've never read the source material and don't know much about it, but I enjoyed the first film quite a bit, and found the second alright

@  Sabrblade : (17 September 2019 - 09:49 PM)

The first movie was definitely not for me. I flat out hated it. Didn't even bother with the sequel.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2019 - 05:02 PM)

I liked the first movie a lot and enjoyed the original volume of the book, and the way they were developed in parallel was really interesting. It all got super extra unpleasant as soon as they went back though. I don't remember really whether the initial sequels are "good" or not, but either way both the second movie and the second run of the book quickly demonstrated that the property sure wasn't for me.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i have a real hard time offering praise of anything connected to an utter shitstain like Mark Millar.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2019 - 01:23 PM)

Kick Ass 2 was okay for what it was, a sequel to a film that was okay, just okay. It had a good performance from Nic Cage while the sequel had Jim Carrey who decided he didn't want to promote it after one of america's regularly scheduled massacres.

@  Benbot : (17 September 2019 - 12:20 PM)

Was Kick Ass 2 really that bad? I never got around to seeing it, but after watching the first movie again the other day, I'm thinking about it.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

Photo

Aquaman - Movie discussion

46 replies to this topic

#21 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17817 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:17 PM

Maybe a little TOO much color on Mera's hair, there.

a redhead can never be too redheaded

I think more to the point, I was under the impression that Mera is specifically supposed to be red as opposed to being auburn or carrot topped.
Spoiler

#22 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8535 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:56 PM

Since when were Aquaman movie toys out?

I want this dang giant talking shark! Raaaaaawr!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#23 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8535 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:08 AM

I'll be watching it tomorrow and supposedly we'd have Momoa, Wan and Heard in a live video, greeting us.

I'll be wearing orange and green. Don't have a good Aquaman suit.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#24 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 8054 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:49 AM

neither does aquaman  :p

Edited by Telly, 10 December 2018 - 11:53 AM.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#25 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8535 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:16 PM

neither does aquaman  :p

Boo!

Haha

https://www.instagra...id=mq25e2h4e1rg

So I saw it. It's more of an adventure than a superhero movie. Lots of special effects. The places looked spectacular! Made me think of Wakanda as their peg.

I would have liked more family ties stuff to deepen the story. They had so much time for it. Like, Arthur did something I hated at the start but I guess there's a point later.

Mid credits extra scene!

Edit - this is Jason Momoa, Amber Heard and James Wan visiting us in the Philippines. It's not edited so it's mostly screaming. You can see Jason's head at 4:27.

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 12 December 2018 - 12:58 PM.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#26 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16313 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

It's pretty much black panther underwater. I liked it though

#27 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25967 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:52 PM

Love that it had the feel of an old-school pulp adventure film. Don't know if it was a great movie, but I definitely had a great deal of fun, despite its bloated runtime.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#28 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14116 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:30 AM

I may have been preemptively conditioned against this movie by an incredibly effusive """"review"""" that mainly got off (seriously, that felt like the tone) on Easter eggs and visual spectacle and other buzzwords that are no substitute for quality. Easter eggs are pointless as quality indicators -- hello, Daredevil (2003) -- because a good movie has to be good for people whether they recognize the little nod bits or not. 

I liked it well enough, and wanted to like it more, but it wouldn't let me. The flaws and seams were just too noticeable for me to really get into it. Jason Momoa and Amber Heard, and Willem Dafoe, are good and fun performers who did what they could with the material they had. It was nice enough material, and I wish it were better.

It's not a BAD movie, and assessments that it's the second best current DC movie next to WW are accurate. But that's as accurate and as limited as saing Bumblebee is the best live-action Transformers film (since, for some, the first one), because dem bars are mighty low.

Coherent plot, decent characters, some heart, fascinating concepts and designs that more than justify an art book. I'm really into the tribes and design aesthetic that they incorporated here, and it's so much fun considering Thor and Black Panther didn't really showcase theirs all that much. 

But...

Spoiler

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#29 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8535 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

It's pretty much black panther underwater. I liked it though

Gets mentioned in a quick thoughts review, right after seeing it, hehe

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#30 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65630 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Saw this today. I enjoyed it. :)

ACItEK8.png

#31 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21128 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

I have just watched Aquaman.

That, was the MOST, Insane film Ive ever seen. It makes Michael Bay look coherent.

And yet, I cannot say I disliked it because despite its proudly aggressive stupidity and its complete sacrifice of plot for action scenes, it had everything I want from film. In fact, it smacks you in the face with everything you want from film.

Look, the final battle involved an army of people and mermen riding sharks and seahorses with spaceships and robot jellyfish fighting an army of crab people with crab mechs and lava trebuchets and then a Kaiju riding Superhero with a water bender sidekick and an army consisting of every fish and actual Lovecraftian Deep Ones.

And the hell of it is Im not exaggerating a single word of that.

I think my brain melted.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#32 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

I was really hoping Adrian Grenier had a cameo at some point, but sadly.

#33 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8535 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

I was really hoping Adrian Grenier had a cameo at some point, but sadly.

Hahaha!

Was it ever brought up anywhere? Like did the studio try to reach out or fans made a petition or whichever? Would have been funny :)

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#34 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3749 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

yeah, we saw it last weekend...it was visually gorgeous...aaannnd that was about it.

Right around the part where Aquaman and Mera rise out of the ocean to a dance version of "Africa"...that was when my friends and i lost it and couldnt help but make every joke possible.

I also cannot understand any of the other soundtrack choices...like, what was up with the knockoff tron legacy stuff whenever they were in atlantis?

i have no, NO, idea where anything even remotly involving AQUAMAN was throughout this movie...but whatever...maybe theres still hope for Shazam.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#35 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28528 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

I finally got to see it this morning.

I've read all of the above complaints, and I can see where y'all are coming from, and I too noticed some issues like the amount of climaxes that felt a bit excessive, but...

...I

...I can't help but find this movie delightful. If it's not a legitimately good movie, then it certainly qualifies as a guilty pleasure movie.

If I'm gonna be truly honest, while it took a bit for me to really get invested in this movie, by the end of it all, it felt so much fun that I think I came out of it enjoying it even more than Wonder Woman. I certainly won't call it the better movie of the two, objectively, but from a subjective perspective, it felt the more "pure unadulterated awesome" of the two to me.

Edited by Sabrblade, 29 January 2019 - 10:36 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#36 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9743 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

Honest trailer:

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#37 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28528 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:25 AM

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#38 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3388 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:29 PM

Watched the movie for the first time the other evening, not a bad film, I guess, thou I'm not sure if it wants to be a follow on to Justice League or a stand alone movie with no connections to the rest of the DC Universe. While I enjoyed the movie in some ways, its not the best movie I seen, while visually good, a couple of moments were just kind of flat, the golden armour looked terrible on the lead actor and that fight at the end was, well short and kind of all over the place in terms of the camera angles, so that wasn't a good fight and honestly, it was becoming rather boring by that point, the large CGI battle was just plain soulless with no real stakes to the main character, at least until he just shows up but then it was rather lacking as the size of the battle was just plain silly.

About the biggest beef I have with the Altantians is their lack of use of doors and the shoot first, ask questions later policy, it seemed rather over the top and silly, for example, in the attack on the Light house, one of the attackers blows a hole in the wall and enters, yet not five feet away is a prefectly desent door and I am thinking "WTF?" Then again, the whole attack on the Light house was just over the top, the king wants his bride back, he finds out where she been for two years or so and instead of sending a messanger to give her warning that she needs to return, he sends in a bunch of soldiers with a shoot first and ask questions later policy. If anything, the only one with a desent motivation in the whole movie is Black Manta and that is just plain and simple revenge on Aquaman for leaving his father to die.

On the whole, if DC play their cards right, I can see Black Manta returning in the future along with Aquaman's brother as villians for some future DC threat. As I watched this movie, I pretty much concluded that the film title should of been changed from Aquaman to Water Wars, for some reason, some of it gave me old Star Wars feels as if it just one bit of a much larger world.

Overall, I think the story begins to drag towards the end, mainly that large scale battle, as I said, feels rather soulless as a confict, who are the other side, what are they fighting for exactly?

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#39 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16815 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:25 AM

Worst superhero film I've ever seen.

#40 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17208 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:42 AM

Worst superhero film I've ever seen.

My immediate thought is you need to watch more superhero films.

-ZacWilliam, not saying Aquaman was necessarily so great, just that there's about a billion out there so very very very much worse...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 14 April 2019 - 07:43 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users