Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo
- - - - -

Hasbro's SDCC Teaser - Optimus with Axe

52 replies to this topic

#41 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1695 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:02 AM

Yeah we were explicitly told that if Wheeljack happens, he'll look exactly like he did in the first scene of the cartoon.

#42 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27842 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:02 AM

That Optimus looks like he'd like to axe us a question.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#43 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25849 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

I'm sure the question has nothing to do with faces, because he just takes them without asking.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#44 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 13566 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:37 AM

Image2.jpg

#45 unluckiness

unluckiness

THE HUGGING STRONG in color

• Citizen
  • 18776 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:23 AM

its a jigglypuff seen from above

xOyvpt9.png

#46 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 483 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:38 AM

I'm going to be kind of disappointed if Optimus' new figure every year is just G1 1984 Optimus' robot mode in the most complete literal sense every damn time.  Like... you guys can change up the body.  Seriously, we'll still know who he is just by the helmet.

Hasbro had something about moving to the aesthetic the whole world likes. I forget the wording. But I assumed they meant the movie look, somehow adapted to tetrajets. Instead this looks like Sunbow G1.

Did we just completely forget that the Transformers franchise has been run by the seemingly 80s-obsessed transplanted G.I. Joe crew for nearly 4 years now?

I'd love something truly fresh, but then, I'd also love western releases of the Beast Wars Masterpiece line, and as long as John Warden and Co. are in charge, I doubt either are gonna happen...

The same GIJoe crew that ran the franchise into the ground with endless rehashes of Real American Hero, who refused to innovate or experiment?

Gee, that sounds awfully familiar.

#47 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:47 AM

And we'll have Optimus having basically the same varying-levels-of-entire-G1-body silhouette across three different lines, which is... yeah.

Save me, movie toys.  Save me.

But if it's a PotP Optimus reshelled to have a Cybertronian mode I'd be a little more likely to buy it. If just for a non-Earth mode for Orion Pax.

I think that's probably the only way they'd get me to buy another through-and-through, not-really-updated-in-any-meaningful-way G1 Prime again.  At least have him turn into something different looking.

Third, that is G1 truck man Optimus Prime, and I thought this was on Cybertron. Are they going back to the days before Dreamwave, when sci fi vehicles turned into robots very obviously made of 1980s earth stuff? I am surprised. I guess it gets around licensing the vehicles.

Their tease was Floating Shoebox Wheeljack, so I expect that to be exactly it.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#48 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22054 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:29 AM

I'm going to be kind of disappointed if Optimus' new figure every year is just G1 1984 Optimus' robot mode in the most complete literal sense every damn time.  Like... you guys can change up the body.  Seriously, we'll still know who he is just by the helmet.

Hasbro had something about moving to the aesthetic the whole world likes. I forget the wording. But I assumed they meant the movie look, somehow adapted to tetrajets. Instead this looks like Sunbow G1.

Did we just completely forget that the Transformers franchise has been run by the seemingly 80s-obsessed transplanted G.I. Joe crew for nearly 4 years now?

I'd love something truly fresh, but then, I'd also love western releases of the Beast Wars Masterpiece line, and as long as John Warden and Co. are in charge, I doubt either are gonna happen...

The same GIJoe crew that ran the franchise into the ground with endless rehashes of Real American Hero, who refused to innovate or experiment?

Gee, that sounds awfully familiar.

This seems worth mentioning here:

Warden's tenure on GI Joe was probably the least nostalgia wankfest its had since before the 25th line started. He oversaw Pursuit of Cobra and the 30th stuff that sought to modernize and re-envision a lot of its characters. While adding new ones. 

I wasn't alwys a fan of how he did it or his choices for some of the characters, but that was a step in the right direction... and then they took like twenty steps back.

Also, are you suggesting that kids decided not to buy something entirely because it looked like something from decades past they might not even recognize anyway? Would making someone look different have totally saved the brand regardless of how all the recent media versions ended up mismanaged or less than popular and that army men with cumbersome amounts of tiny accessories might not be the most kid-friendly play experience?

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 12 July 2018 - 09:33 AM.

#49 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

You're kind of missing the issue (as did Nightviper in that original Joe post) that it's less about "that kids decided not to buy something entirely because it looked like something from decades past" than it is putting that nigh-identical form on the shelves ten times in a row.  Much like Bumbleglut under Archer and the 200X He-Man line, a load of Bumblebees and Optimuses and whoever else packaged in robot mode with nearly the same silhouette every single time causes consumer apathy because most don't see the difference between "Urban Combat Fancy Jacket Duke" and "Olive Drab Camo Jacket Duke".

It leads to the dreaded parental, "You've already got a Snake Eyes.  Let's go."

#50 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7857 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:15 PM

but this snake-eyes has a SWORD!!!

i saw a TON of snake-eyes, dukes and cobra commanders clogging the shelves here. the new figures always sold quickly, but not those

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#51 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42175 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

That's kind of a Marketing decision. They pick the types of characters then the designers narrow it down.

So if Marketing wants an Autobot Construction Vehicle, the designers can make it Scoop. If Marketing want a new bad guy, the designers can make Tombstone.

If Marketing want more core brand characters... the designers have to figure out what kind of new coat Snake-Eyes is wearing.

There is a five and take as designers pitch ideas to Marketing, but those are usually new things which is why they need to be pitched as a proposal.

#52 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22054 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

You're kind of missing the issue (as did Nightviper in that original Joe post) that it's less about "that kids decided not to buy something entirely because it looked like something from decades past" than it is putting that nigh-identical form on the shelves ten times in a row.  Much like Bumbleglut under Archer and the 200X He-Man line, a load of Bumblebees and Optimuses and whoever else packaged in robot mode with nearly the same silhouette every single time causes consumer apathy because most don't see the difference between "Urban Combat Fancy Jacket Duke" and "Olive Drab Camo Jacket Duke".

It leads to the dreaded parental, "You've already got a Snake Eyes.  Let's go."

All of that has far more to do with what was out recently rather than the question of whether or not anything resembles the '80s, though. Like, Bumblebee overproduction happened mostly independent of any initiative to make him look more G1.

Nearly every time this complaint happens always emphasizes looking like the '80s rather than glut in general. Your post might be the first I've seen to consider it a similar problem as live-action Bumbleglut. SG Roadbuster's doesn't since it's specifically complaining about the TF team of recent years.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 12 July 2018 - 05:01 PM.

#53 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:11 PM

They're pretty closely tied together, since, like I said, we're going to have at least three Optimus Primes on the shelves at the same time that that all have the same silhouette because the current team is trying to go for a nostalgia hit instead of getting adventurous.  I also kind of blame this burnout on packaging everything in robot mode, which makes them blend in on the action figure aisle, but that's held through two teams and probably isn't going to change.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users