Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 06:31 PM)

I stopped reading it.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 06:04 PM)

If talking about it here is all it takes to get you, why hasn't the oreo thread killed you yet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. Of your stomach.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

Hey man, how you deal with yo problems is yo bidness.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 04:08 PM)

I did no such thing! I am innocent of the pop tart corruption!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 02:57 PM)

You guys made me buy cinnamon roll Pop Tarts today.

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:38 PM)

@D Immortalis Just fill the bag with air first and pop that? XP Oh, and you won't like that I grew up microwaving them more often than actually toasting. ;)

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:37 PM)

@MEDdMI Yeah, the even more artificial flavors like S'more are the ones that usually taste good cold. There exceptions... I think it was Sugar Cookie that needed to be toasted...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 02:19 PM)

And.. Amazon is borked.

@  Donocropolis : (16 July 2018 - 05:55 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw - Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered him and P/CP

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Repugnus up

@  Paladin : (15 July 2018 - 07:41 PM)

or add peanut butter.

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 07:33 PM)

Nuke them enough in the microwave....?

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 06:43 PM)

if po tarts dont POP then they become a lie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 05:10 PM)

I typically just went for the traditional flavours... I think mostly Rasberry or Strawberry. I'll have to pick up a box next time I'm out

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

@Otaku I've tried that too with a few of them. I liked the soda flavored ones they had. Too bad they were limited. :(

@  Otaku : (15 July 2018 - 03:48 PM)

@D Immortalis Most Pop-Tarts I like are better eaten frozen... and the only reason I started doing that is because Pop-Tarts commercials told me to try them that way. XD

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 03:03 PM)

woohoo, just got my tickets to see From Ashes To New and Hollywood Undead on the 26th!

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 10:07 AM)

oh wow Jazz has heel spurs.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 July 2018 - 06:32 AM)

That's basically what happened to me. I was on that aisle for completely other reasons, caught sight of them in my peripheral, and then... just couldn't stop thinking about them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 02:47 AM)

Hungry for pop tarts now - haven't had those in years

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

anyone that doesnt put theit pop tarts in a toaster is a heretic.

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

Do they still make the cinnamon-brown sugar ones?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:03 PM)

Yup. And?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 08:29 PM)

Aren't Pop Tarts like, totally junk for you by the definition of the word?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Four IS standard... but it's been so long I had forgotten.

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 July 2018 - 07:29 PM)

Bah, wonko, I remember when 4 was STANDARD

@  Paladin : (14 July 2018 - 04:10 PM)

https://twitter.com/NickRoche/status/1018234094310879234 people suck...

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 01:10 PM)

Me: opening a box of pop tarts. "Oh my god! There's FOUR in here?!?! Score!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Well, some people are into shopping, anyway.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Taiwanese Costco also has lots of things that shoppers would want!

@  unluckiness : (14 July 2018 - 10:18 AM)

The Taiwan Costco I visited once was nice but I have to question why our guide thought it'd be a good place to bring tourists.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:40 AM)

Lower prices, lower taxes, bigger selection... yeah, I can see that happening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Didn't a Washington Costco make the news a couple years ago for being sheerly flooded with customers from British Columbia?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 July 2018 - 01:25 AM)

That's cool. There's a Sam's Club in Niagara Falls, where I tend to cross the border, but I've never been in. I'm a Costco member, but not Sam's Club; and unfortunately Costco makes sure there aren't any locations in the US too near the Canadian border

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Nope, not the battle damaged version. He got it from his cousin, whose family has a camping ground in... I wanna say new york state, but I'm probably wrong. Just across the border anyway.

@  Nevermore : (13 July 2018 - 06:36 PM)

Sam's Club exclusive was the battle damaged version, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 July 2018 - 06:34 PM)

He's got friends on the other side.

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 July 2018 - 06:08 PM)

where'd your nephew get a US retailer exclusive

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:39 PM)

Alright, I managed to identify him. The 2007 voyager class that was apparently exclusive to sam's club.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Well, that was a nice surprise. Me nephew (the 10 year old.) just gave me an optimus prime that's minorly older than he is.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 10:25 AM)

Nah, even better. He'll be a memory of the mission briefing. Just a voice over. Four different figures in the toyline, but not actually in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (13 July 2018 - 10:06 AM)

I am 110% sure that Optimus will show up, even as a transmission or something. At least maybe we can get a cybertronian form this time.

@  Pennpenn : (13 July 2018 - 09:55 AM)

At least one Optimus sodding Prime.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 06:57 AM)

Same way as always: completely unrelated figures and models that weren't even in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (12 July 2018 - 11:47 PM)

I think that's a given, though, given the small number of transformers in Bee Movie, I wonder how they'll fill the toyline

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 July 2018 - 02:07 PM)

Yeah. I'm hoping with the new film, we might get something closer to the deluxe range

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 July 2018 - 01:20 PM)

Isn't the Masterpiece the only recent VW G1-looking Bee?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:02 AM)

Especially when they are questioned directly and respond by dodging the question.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:01 AM)

Watching hypocrites parade their high ground is equally amusing and cringeworthy.

Photo

Lost Light #19 Discussion

51 replies to this topic

#1 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8998 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Discuss the issue here!

#2 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 5756 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:26 AM

Well I didn't think much of that. It's all just slightly too long a stretch of "just believe Roberts and take everything at face value" and that's just kind of exhausting. I need another shoe but it's still too high to reach.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8998 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:50 AM

It felt very much like a "plot mechanics" sort of issue, shuffling pieces around the board so that the finale story can properly begin next time.

It didn't thrill me, but some of the mytharc plot movement was interesting and nothing actively disappointed me, and at this point I'm counting that as a win with Lost Light.

#4 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12292 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:42 AM

It felt very much like a "plot mechanics" sort of issue, shuffling pieces around the board so that the finale story can properly begin next time.

It didn't thrill me, but some of the mytharc plot movement was interesting and nothing actively disappointed me, and at this point I'm counting that as a win with Lost Light.

Pretty much this. It's obviously a set-up issue, necessitated by cutting everything short. Some interesting things happen, but often without the room to breathe they needed.

#5 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10331 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

Infodumps (the lampshading isn't cute after the first fifty times, Jim), Megatronwank (turns out that what Rodimus needed to do to grow up was emulate a genocidal monster who later felt bad about it!), and C-list fan faves being casually offed to add Stakes (bye, Bluestreak, Roberts wasn't using you so your death gets to be set dressing!).

Not a fan.

Edited by Broadside, 04 July 2018 - 04:30 AM.

#6 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2403 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:04 AM

Yeaaaaah, I wasn't really feeling this either.  Also, EJ's art seemed a tad rushed in places.  I did like Swerve and Misfire connecting though.

C-list fan faves being casually offed to add Stakes (bye, Bluestreak, Roberts wasn't using you so your death gets to be set dressing!).

Not only was he killed, but he was just killed to set up Ratchet snark.  I don't know... I think Roberts has a reverse on this Sparkeater thing.  I hope so, because if no one else, Perceptor at least certainly deserves better.

#7 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12292 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

I'm finding it hard to get upset about offing characters when IDW is going to off everyone in the entire continuity shortly tbh.

Agree Su's artwork seemed rushed, but there's definitely some good there - the shuttle approaching the Lost Light gives a sense of scale that the descent to Mederi didn't last issue.

#8 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21848 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

Its a damn shame Su was used on this book and not Optimus Prime.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#9 Tailgreat

Tailgreat
  • Citizen
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

What did you do with the baby?

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Okay, I laughed, but this issue is seriously a nothingburger.

Side characters getting massacred for a joke, a joke! You're better than this, Roberts.

Oh boy Rodimus is drawing on his inner Megatron fanboy to sort out his issues.

Okay phew, the small Cygate bit was good.

Who's the guy at the end with Getaway? Scorponok?

#10 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10331 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

Side characters getting massacred for a joke, a joke! You're better than this, Roberts.

tenor.gif?itemid=11411653

#11 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 5756 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

Its a damn shame Su was used on this book and not Optimus Prime.

Well Optimus Prime never hands his pages in on time.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#12 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 489 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

Roberts posted on Twitter that Bluestreak at least wasnt dead which is good I guess but if you have to keep going on twitter to assure readers that characters that pretty clearly died on panel arent really dead maybe you should stop giving characters fake shock deaths all the time.

Check out howtohero.tumblr.com where I discuss the finer points of superhero life. 

#13 Tailgreat

Tailgreat
  • Citizen
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

I mean it's not like the Overlord storyline would have been improved if Ratchet came across Pipes' mangled corpse, tread upon by Overlord, and quipped "eh, he was always a flat character anyway."

This just seems beneath him, but I guess with Roberts confirming Bluestreak is still alive, that it's meaningless to complain now.

Edited by Tailgreat, 04 July 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#14 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34299 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

I don't really go here anymore, but the whole "Killing these characters off isn't a big deal because the universe is ending soon" doesn't sit well with me because people kept saying "Just give Roberts time. He'll make these characters' actions make sense and flesh them out and justify their perspective" over and over, and now we're at the end, and... we've barely gotten that? The issue that was meant to do that had them getting treated like mind puppets and focused on Getaway becoming a cartoonish supervillain. And now they're being killed off ingloriously.

The fact Roberts ran out the clock doesn't really justify things.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#15 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Staff
  • 1582 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

Roberts posted on Twitter that Bluestreak at least wasnt dead which is good I guess but if you have to keep going on twitter to assure readers that characters that pretty clearly died on panel arent really dead maybe you should stop giving characters fake shock deaths all the time.

Yeah, sorry, I'll believe that when I see it. Remember his whole "Only 2-3 people died in issue 12" thing? And yet here we don't see any of the Protectobots. 

Man, remember when Barber spent an entire issue on showing the heartfelt emotions occurring around Sideswipe's death? And that was for freaking SIDESWIPE!

Edited by Daniel Adkins, 04 July 2018 - 08:35 PM.

#16 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 489 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

^No yeah Im totally with you here. If the only way people are supposed to know whether or not a character died is to quickly check the authors twitter after reading the issue maybe the authors not really doing the best job conveying whats going on in his mind.

Check out howtohero.tumblr.com where I discuss the finer points of superhero life. 

#17 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1480 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

I mean it's not like the Overlord storyline would have been improved if Ratchet came across Pipes' mangled corpse, tread upon by Overlord, and quipped "eh, he was always a flat character anyway."

Isn't that what the Tripodeca joke was? For both Pipes AND Rewind?

#18 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12292 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:21 AM

I don't really go here anymore, but the whole "Killing these characters off isn't a big deal because the universe is ending soon" doesn't sit well with me because people kept saying "Just give Roberts time. He'll make these characters' actions make sense and flesh them out and justify their perspective" over and over, and now we're at the end, and... we've barely gotten that? The issue that was meant to do that had them getting treated like mind puppets and focused on Getaway becoming a cartoonish supervillain. And now they're being killed off ingloriously.

The fact Roberts ran out the clock doesn't really justify things.

I certainly wouldn't have said that about side characters. Bluestreak is a red shirt, and always has been in this continuity.

The last thing this book needs is to try and flesh out more characters. It has 50% too many as it is.

#19 DocChloroplast

DocChloroplast

I think you underestimate the depths of my pettiness

• Citizen
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:56 AM

Bluestreak maybe, but Perceptor at least was a PRETTY major character in the first arc, and previous stories gave us decent insight into Hound and Blaster. To see them casually turned into nothing but fodder for a shocking "It's-the-'end of the world'-so-why-not" finale is trite, at best.

Also, it shoudln't matter that the continuity is wrapping up. With the exception of the Marvel Comics and some of their continuations (*coughRegenerationOnecough*), every other continuity managed to wrap up without needlessly exterminating half of its AutobotsTransformers.

dFdY.png

Magaroja on TFWiki | PSN: ghostscreamer

"Florida truly is the unprotected dick of the United States." - Dan Avidan

#20 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10331 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

Well, they said they were working on a cure, so I don't think the Sparkeatered ones are "dead". But the ones who got eviscerated - Mainframe, Jackpot, Bluestreak - are all fan-fave C-listers. It's a very Furman-y "I'm not using these guys so let's kill them off for the sake of Having Deaths!" attitude.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users