Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

Photo

X-Men What did I miss?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25923 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:21 AM

So I've been out of buying actual comics for a while. I bought X-men Gold for a while and then just dropped off.

But then Amazon suggest a comic whose description blew my mind. The wedding of Kitty and Peter! Now I ship these two hard. I ship them harder than I even shipped Scott and Jean. So of course I get it on Kindle.

And what do I see? A Wolverine that doesn't look like Old Man Logan, two separate Jean Greys...JUBILEE IS NO LONGER A VAMPIRE?!?!? Yeah, I immediately got the collection of Generation X that's supposed to have that story.

But what the heck? Barely anything happens in the time I read it. I come back a little more than a year later and...what the heck has been going on.

Spoiler

But seriously, Jubilee's no longer a vamp...AND she has her powers back? That's actually pretty awesome!
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:33 AM

Yeah I dont know why they keep having cold feet on the Pete/Kitty marriage/romance.

Apparently, Guggenheim wanted the marriage to happen but the Rogue/Gambit twist was already decided on at the last Marvel summit.

Its bullshit even though Im happy Rogue and Gamit finally got hitched.

Man, Marvel just really hugging hates marriages.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#3 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2585 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

So what your saying is...

KittyXRachel still has a shot?

#4 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

Not if Kurt has anything to say about it.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#5 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25923 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:51 PM

Kitty x Peter (eventually)

Kurt x Rachel

I guess Jubilee x Chamber is a thing now, though I still hold out hope for Jubilee x M

Is Storm still with Black Panther? Cause I was always hoping for a Wolverine x Storm
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#6 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

Im a 90s guy and still holding out hope for Storm x Bishop now that theyve un-hugged him somewhat.

#7 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9515 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:16 PM

Storm and Panther got divorced a while back but they seem to work together well enough still most times. Might see a bit more in X-Men Red since Jeans team seems to be bouncing around between other countries trying to set up her own version of a new Mutant State/Country/new Genosha..... Ya that always ends well.

But ya there's been quite a bit going on lately. Xavier is alive again in Astonishing X-men, We have too many Wolverines running around...Original, Old Man Logan, Daken, Ultimate Jimmy Hudson, X-23,Honey Badger the Mini X-23, even an actual wolverine pet of Honey Badger.

And the "Original" X-men in Blue have had some continuing drama with Beast almost being full on corrupted by an alternate Goblin Queen, finally reflipping the evil switch with Havok, and the reveal that they still do need to go back due to impostors taking their place in the old timestream.

Oh and I gotta say I loved the rehearsal dinner panel in the wedding issue with both Jean's and Rachel. That's something I have loved about Gold lately is the characters do feel like they are fun again. Sadly Blue and Gold will be ending in September.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#8 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

First Ive heard of Blue and Gold ending. Did they say why or what would be replacing them with?

Ive always felt that Gold would be Uncanny and Blue would be Adjectiveless.

#9 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3887 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:10 AM

when the heck does XMEN RED even take place? unless Nightcrawler shaves everytime he shows up somewhere else and then seemingly magically BAMFS a beard on, i cant reconcile that book wht the rest of the x-books.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#10 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:14 AM

Its a disappointing book so I dont count it as canon.

#11 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3887 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

yeah...the X-books right now are mostly unreadable...and they all have plot holes and continuity errors so big you could fly the blackbird through them.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#12 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25923 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:29 AM

Storm and Panther got divorced a while back but they seem to work together well enough still most times. Might see a bit more in X-Men Red since Jeans team seems to be bouncing around between other countries trying to set up her own version of a new Mutant State/Country/new Genosha..... Ya that always ends well.

But ya there's been quite a bit going on lately. Xavier is alive again in Astonishing X-men, We have too many Wolverines running around...Original, Old Man Logan, Daken, Ultimate Jimmy Hudson, X-23,Honey Badger the Mini X-23, even an actual wolverine pet of Honey Badger.

And the "Original" X-men in Blue have had some continuing drama with Beast almost being full on corrupted by an alternate Goblin Queen, finally reflipping the evil switch with Havok, and the reveal that they still do need to go back due to impostors taking their place in the old timestream.

Oh and I gotta say I loved the rehearsal dinner panel in the wedding issue with both Jean's and Rachel. That's something I have loved about Gold lately is the characters do feel like they are fun again. Sadly Blue and Gold will be ending in September.

Thanks for the rundown. It does seem like a lot's going on. Probably not a good jump-back-on point. But it was nice to see Kitty and Peter getting married...y'know...until they didn't. Stupid Marvel!

And yes, both Jeans and Rachel was just the perfect panel. Rachel will always be my favorite Grey...or is she still going by Summers at the moment? Well, she'd still by my favorite Summers anyway.
PSN = Caldwin

#13 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

I think shes stuck to Rachel Grey since rejoining the X-Men. Id think shed stick with it since Jean is her only family left, aside from Cable and Nate Grey.

#14 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25923 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

What the heck, Marvel? I just got X-Men Gold 31 on Kindle. It kinda took longer than I thought it would. But it was supposed to be dealing with the fallout of the not wedding. Again, that's what was teased.

Instead what we got was like 3 pages of Peter saying goodbye to Kitty...which probably didn't happen anyway because as we find out after a whole long sequence of Days of Future Past...it was all just an illusion put into Rachel's head.

Bait and switch again!

You know what, Marvel? Hug you! Until you can actually deliver what you promise, don't even bother me anymore.

And hug you to, Amazon, for putting them in my list of suggestions. Hugging Marvel!
PSN = Caldwin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users