Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (18 April 2019 - 06:27 PM)

while I don't have weekends consistently off, working 2nd shift isn't so bad. I'm more likely to do stuff before work than after (when I'm already tired). Plus no rush hour traffic

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 April 2019 - 05:03 PM)

Switching shifts constantly is never good for one's health. There was a time when I worked overnights steady for about 2 years; did wonders for my health, as well

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Don't miss early shift (and especially switching back and forth every two weeks) a bit.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Man, permanent late shift really has done wonders for my overal well-being. Never having to get up early for work, staying up late, weekends off... a ot of my coworkers think I'm crazy, but late shift is really my preferred shift.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:33 PM)

(My total lack of sleep on that day might have contributed, though.)

At noon, it was warm.

On Monday, we went on strike early in the morning, I was also wearing to jackets and gloves and my toes and fingers were freezing.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 April 2019 - 04:31 PM)

Nope, right now my days are doing that. Frigid at night (Well, just below zero, but still.) and warm enough to be always be ill prepared during the day.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:28 PM)

Today it's so warm I had to take a shower to wash off the sweat after a lengthy bike trip.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

This past Friday I was wearing two jackets and winter gloves outside and took a hot bath when I returned home.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

Is "April weather" an issue in other countries as well, or is that specifically a German phenomenon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Well, when you understand the history of the area it make sense. It's basically a series of countries buying the place, moving in, saying "we rule you people now", and the locals shrugging and responding, "okay, you have fun with that".

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2019 - 07:58 AM)

When did we all turn into Henry Higgins?

@  unluckiness : (16 April 2019 - 03:16 AM)

To be fair, most Americans can't get the hang of English, so I can understand why.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:15 AM)

(And yeah, Calliope is a Greek muse, not French, but the street was named BY the French when they took over.)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:10 AM)

In New Orleans there's a bunch of streets with French names that are pronounced by locals with a more English emphasis, for example "Calliope Street" is pronounced "CAL-lee-ope".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 11:56 PM)

I figured as much for Canadians.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 11:37 PM)

hm; whenever I've heard people talk about the school they said it the same way as the cathedral...but I guess that's in Canada, so they're probably more familiar with the cathedral than the school

@  Dracula : (15 April 2019 - 11:11 PM)

There's plenty of place names in the US like that. Around here we have an "el doh-RAY-doh," and up north there's a Cairo that's pronounced "kay-roh"

@  RichardT1977 : (15 April 2019 - 09:56 PM)

Yeah, the common pronunciation of the University is probably the reason most Americans don't pronounce the Cathedral name correctly.

@  Arazyr : (15 April 2019 - 08:03 PM)

That's my understanding of how the two are supposed to be pronounced as well.

@  Echowarrior : (15 April 2019 - 07:42 PM)

When I'm talking about the cathedral, I say "noh-treh dahme". When I talk about the university, I say "noh-ter dayme". I don't see a problem with that.

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 06:26 PM)

guessing "Hunchback" just got bumped WAY down the list for Disney's live-action remakes...

@  Patch : (15 April 2019 - 05:56 PM)

We all pronounce it wrong, so no one knows enough to care.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 05:40 PM)

It'd be odd for most Americans not to know how to pronounce Notre Dame, considering they have a University with the same name that's the subject of a relatively popular film based around a sport most Americans love

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Three or four more hours will be needed to contain the fire.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Update from France 24: the Paris Fire Brigade says two towers and the main structure of the cathedral have been saved from complete destruction.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:57 PM)

One does not have to speak French to know that rhyming with "voter name" is off the mark.

@  Locoman : (15 April 2019 - 03:51 PM)

Really? It's an international tragedy and you're zeroing in on the people who maybe don't speak French?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:44 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw I just read on BBC News that the cause is not yet clear, but officials suspect the fire could be linked to renovation work.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:42 PM)

Oh boy, here we go with the U.S.-American newscasters who can't pronounce "Notre Dame" correctly.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 April 2019 - 03:38 PM)

Too soon to say.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 April 2019 - 03:20 PM)

Do we know if it was an attack? Arson? Or just bad wiring?

@  Nevermore : (15 April 2019 - 02:10 PM)

Religion is dead?

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 02:01 PM)

major cathedral burning down on Holy Week is some kind of metaphor.

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Hard to believe a wonder of the world could just be wiped out so easily. Hopefully they can still save it

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Well, Notre Dame is burning down

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 10:05 AM)

yikes I thought the site was going to be down for a while

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:07 PM)

So, time for another strike. No sleep for me tonight. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:04 PM)

Think Game of Thrones "light" meets Cabaret and you get the idea.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:03 PM)

Kinda sorta, just with more intrigue, conspiracy, depravity, crime and violence.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 April 2019 - 06:37 PM)

So it's like a prequel to Cabaret?

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 04:02 PM)

And man, characters are smoking literally EVERYWHERE.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:27 PM)

Also, full frontal male nudity. (There's been quite a bit of female nudity since episode 1.)

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:26 PM)

Episode 6, and Hitler is randomly name-checked.

@  Xellos : (14 April 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Runa runa!

@  Sabrblade : (14 April 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Wocka wocka!

@  The Doctor Who : (14 April 2019 - 06:59 AM)

Lewd

@  Paladin : (14 April 2019 - 06:57 AM)

troutstick.

@  MEDdMI : (14 April 2019 - 06:34 AM)

With a trout.

Photo

Resident Evil 2 remake coming Jan 2019

30 replies to this topic

#1 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 251 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

Anyone saw footage and trailers to the new remake of the classic game? i've been a RE fan since i got my PS1 22 years ago and loved 2 since i first bought it with a coupon and some high school janitorial work money i made and it was worth it,

#2 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6187 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

I am divided.

It looks great, showing off detail you wouldn't expect until next gen such as body wounds, but the background music and voice acting detracts from the experience. Also IMO gore doesn't really work in games, horror comes best from the sound and RE2 had a few ominous tunes in it's early areas.

It also opts for the RE6/Revelations look rather than REmake despite being made on the same engine that powers RE7, I recall Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares having a fixed camera mode where you check the front door to the mansion three times to get it and it worked great. I have no clue if this game will have the same as a easter egg or three modes (fixed, over the shoulder, first person) but it's questionable about where the developers intend to go with this game. You could probably pick up Revelations 1 and 2 right now and have the same experience this demo shows.

I honestly hoped RE2make would be more faithful to the original and follow the style of the recent remasterings of REmake and RE0,

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#3 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4523 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

I loved RE2 back in the day. I had the Playstation version, and later on got my hands on the N64 version. It's probably my favorite in the series, and I'm looking forward to diving into this remake. I really like how it looks so far.

#4 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

I loved RE2 back in the day. I had the Playstation version, and later on got my hands on the N64 version. It's probably my favorite in the series, and I'm looking forward to diving into this remake. I really like how it looks so far.

Me too my favorite with the remake, 3, 4 and 7 and revaltions 2.

#5 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1346 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

E3 was very 'meh' to me until this was revealed.

I've watched most of the live broadcasts on facebook and the videos like above.

It's different but I think it's going to be great

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#6 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

Looks as scary as RE 7 eh?

#7 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6187 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

I wonder if they'll do a FPS mode.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#8 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16302 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

Disappointed there's no vr mode

#9 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5010 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

Disappointed there's no vr mode

It's not really designed for that. I know some third person VR games are out there, but I don't think the RE series is a good fit for anything but first person VR.

Honestly my only gripe so far is why does the demo have a timer? This reminds me heavily of the 3DS demos Nintendo put out that was like: "Okay here is the demo but you can only play it like ten times"

Why? Why is this a thing? Do the developers HONESTLY think someone is going to buy the demo and say: "Yeah this is all I need. Screw paying for the full game"

Like seriously STOP DOING THIS.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#10 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

I preordered my copy at one of my city's local game stores

#11 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5010 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

Well a bit of a disappointment. I'm hearing the giant spiders were taken out of the game.

My brother who loves spiders was really looking forward to them, and I'll admit I was curious as to how they'd look with the new style.

Course game isn't out yet, so who knows.

Spoiler

#12 bigbot69

bigbot69

• Citizen
  • 1346 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Well a bit of a disappointment. I'm hearing the giant spiders were taken out of the game.

My brother who loves spiders was really looking forward to them, and I'll admit I was curious as to how they'd look with the new style.

Course game isn't out yet, so who knows.

spoilers to validity:

Spoiler

#13 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4661 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

https://twitter.com/...768445787893760

4th Survivor trailer

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#14 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5010 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:30 AM

First Impressions:

Gotta say it's nice to just play the game and not have a timer hovering over me. >_>

Enjoying it of course, like most have said it's fun.

Me being me though, a couple of things I was worried about/ aren't a big fan of:

I was worried the combat knife being something that wears out and break would be annoying. I'm pleased to find it does last you a good long while, though in that same sense I question why have the knife break at all? I don't really find mechanics like that to 'add to the tension or horror' it always comes off as an annoyance instead.

Second, I get in RE2 the original you couldn't stomp on enemies heads, but since then we've had a good handful of games that DO allow you to do that. I personally think it's a misstep that you can't here. I guess it gives you a use for the knife, but that just plays into the mechanic I don't want in the game in the first place. I'm hoping you can get an unbreakable knife as an unlock.

Lastly holy hell Capcom, zombies, normal zombies, should NOT take this many bullets to take down.

Now I know I seem to make a big deal out of small fry a lot, and just to be clear, these things don't hurt the game for me. They are just minor little nitpicks I wish were tweaked a bit, but I can easily get past them.

Spoiler

#15 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10849 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Not just the amount of bullets it takes to put down a zombie, but the AMOUNT of zombies is little excessive for a game where you're supposed to be running around and saving ammo.

#16 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4392 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

From the playthroughs I've been following...I think the zombie numbers are about right except for the fact Capcom's turned them into bullet sponges.  I mean, I get not making Headshots instant kills all the time...but given the extreme details that AAA developers are embracing, it feels like some area specific damage would have worked well.  Or perhaps integrate a "stress" system that would impact your accuracy and speed.

But yeah, saw one YouTube vid where the guy put EIGHT rounds into the head of a zombie before it went down.  That's a bit extreme even with the integration of the crafting mechanic from RE7

#17 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10849 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:02 AM

From the playthroughs I've been following...I think the zombie numbers are about right except for the fact Capcom's turned them into bullet sponges.  I mean, I get not making Headshots instant kills all the time...but given the extreme details that AAA developers are embracing, it feels like some area specific damage would have worked well.  Or perhaps integrate a "stress" system that would impact your accuracy and speed.

But yeah, saw one YouTube vid where the guy put EIGHT rounds into the head of a zombie before it went down.  That's a bit extreme even with the integration of the crafting mechanic from RE7

Well the amount wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't excessive to kill them.

I mean I got it, they'd rather you run than fight.. But now you can't even do that since they'll constantly come in through windows and break into rooms you're in.

#18 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5010 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, best strategy I have is shoot them in the head, if they go "down" run up and slash the ever loving bleep out of them until they die. Basically not letting them stand back up.

I've also been slashing every "corpse" I come across because frankly I don't trust this game, and more then once I've been proven right.

Sadly the last tip I have isn't something everyone can do. Since I pre-ordered I got the Samurai Edge. The Albert model was in my item box, and it seems to have a higher chance of actually blowing a head off.

Spoiler

#19 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4661 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

https://gematsu.com/...-on-february-15

Free update with more characters.

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#20 bigbot69

bigbot69

• Citizen
  • 1346 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

I also can't stress this enough: board up ALL the windows on the West passage. You do that and you'll have a hell over an easier time passing through.

I've sunk a fair few hours into this now. I'm loving it. The Zombies are bullet sponges, but I don't care, it makes it challenging. I've had a fair few headshots with exploding craniums now but, getting that is also difficult to do.

The difficulty is set so well. and that's before the Big guy turns up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users