Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done Pokéball red and white, but I don't know about specific Pokédex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo

The Obligatory "Who Won E3" Thread 2018 Edition!

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Who Won E3 2018?

Who Won E3 2018?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38367 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

So E3 has come and all the big press conferences are done. So now we have the annual thread where we get to vote on which company impressed us the most! Although you can easily say that we the gamers are the winners of E3, as we have all this gaming goodness coming to us, this thread isn't about that. We are just asking who had the best showing this year. So cast your vote! Who won E3 2018!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#2 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Not stupid. Advanced.

• Retired Staff
  • 18328 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

I give it to MS this year, good pacing, good games, some pretty cool surprises. 

Sony and Nintendo both had awful pacing.

Ubisoft was good but unspectacular, same with Bethesda (I'm not going to get excited for a pair of logos that are probably 2-3+ years out at least)

PC show I only perused but seemed solid, but I'm not really huge into PC gaming at the moment.

EA was EA.

#3 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Kaze ni na HONK

• Citizen
  • 22124 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

Nintendo won with Ridley and having more FFVII than Sony, Microsoft and Square Enixs Conferences combined.

#4 Caldwin

Caldwin

There can be only one!

• Supporter
  • 22984 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

Nintendo had interesting games out this year. Sony had a lot of news I was waiting for and quite a few games that piqued my interest, but probably could have been paced better. Bethesda and Ubisoft were decent. Square Enix had some interesting stuff but totally dropped the ball on even a mention of FF VII, which after how many years and they haven't told us a whole hell of a lot? They need to get on that! Microsoft had only one first-party game out this year. Everything else was either next year or third-party non-exclusives. I just can't let them get by with that.

So I'm going to have to go with Nintendo.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#5 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10592 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

MS had the best conference.

But i feel Nintendo won on ONE thing. The now factor.

Paladins, fortnight, Hallow Knight, Octo Expansion and XenobladE DLC all dropping during the E3 week

#6 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43949 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

Square Enix had some interesting stuff but totally dropped the ball on even a mention of FF VII, which after how many years and they haven't told us a whole hell of a lot? They need to get on that!

At this point, it's safe to say FFVII is never coming, and the entire promise was a hollow lie to move units.

FFVII has become the new Duke Nukem Forever.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#7 tec

tec

Its a Gunda..oh its a Samus

• Supporter
  • 28492 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Microsoft shockingly they basically shut up and showed games

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#8 Daith

Daith

You must Unlearn what you have Learned

• Supporter
  • 8538 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

I was swinging towards MS, but Silverclaw nailed it. Nintendo with them showing more stuff coming up in the now and near future does feel better than everything nearly being three quarters or more out that could be delayed again and again. Having some good surprise drops like they did made up for a somewhat lacking in Metroid Prime 4 showing.

Sony May have some fine looking games but damn what was that with the music?! And really little exclusive announcements of anything that we didn’t already know about.

Ubisoft did good and their collaborations with Nintendo is cool. But I’ve never been big into their franchises.

EA..... well they used Battlefront 2 as a learning experience, but other than Anthem looking cool, was EA.

Bethesda has a good slate of things to look forward to but not anything really for me.

#9 2018

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

Square Enix had some interesting stuff but totally dropped the ball on even a mention of FF VII, which after how many years and they haven't told us a whole hell of a lot? They need to get on that!

At this point, it's safe to say FFVII is never coming, and the entire promise was a hollow lie to move units.

I think it's coming, but expect more after KH3 is out and Nomura's done with that project. I mean, I spectacularly do not care about FF7 so it's not a big deal for me.

Anyway I enjoyed Nintendo's the most but Microsoft definitely showed off the coolest new PS4 games.

All in all, a pretty quiet E3. Good for my wallet.

PM me if you're bored!

#10 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38367 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

I went with Bethesda.

All the new games that are coming out this year:

Rage 2,  Prey Mooncrash, Fallout 76, and a New Mobile, PC, VR, Console Cross play Elder Scrolls game! Rage 2 looks like a great solid FPS game that wasn't on my radar until I saw it at the conference. The Mooncrash dlc sounds like a really fun game mode to play, so much that I want to get the game just for it! Fallout 76 is my game of the show. An awesome Fallout game that I can play co-op with my brother sounds like an epic game to me! I will upgrade my PC to play this game! I like the ambitious idea of the Mobile cross play Elder scrolls game. I want to see how well that works, especially for a F2P game.

and Next year:

Doom Eternal looks like a excellent sequel to a great FPS game! I can't wait to see more this fall. Wolfenstein Youngblood, a Co-op FPS game based in the 80s of this alt world, sign me up!

And the games for the year after that:

New IP called Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6!

They had a lot of Anti Nazi stuff, great humor at Walmart leaking their big game, and some wonderful self-deprecating humor about them porting Skyrim to everything. Plus they had my Game of the show, Fallout 76! They just had a great E3 showing this year, while the Big Three kind of faltered.

Microsoft showed off a ton of multi-platform games while pushing all of their exclusives to next year releases, possibly for the Xbox Scarlett. 

Sony had weird music throughout their conference, but only showed us 8 or so games, that while neat, weren't that great. Although I do want to get that Resident Evil 2 remake. 

Nintendo really didn't bring anything this year so they spent twenty minutes talking about Smash Bros Ultimate and a new Mario Party to get friends upset at friends.

Ubisoft had a few good things, Starlink with Starfox, AC being a straight up brawler set in Ancient Greece, the Division 2 looking like they learned a lot from the first one, but another game to get next year.

EA spent way too much time on sports, but Unravel 2 being released the day of the conference was awesome and Anthem looks great to me so far. Definitely want to check that out next year too. 

Square Enix didn't bring much to the table but at least we got some more Dragon Quest 11 details! I would have loved to get some info on Dragon Quest Builders 2 or the FF7 remake.

So my order for this year's E3 Conference showings:

Bethesda

Microsoft

Sony

Ubisoft

EA

Nintendo

Square Enix

PC

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#11 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10592 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

I have to disagree. Bethesdia was good.. but again the same problem with a lot of others. It's "When?" 

#12 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24730 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

That's a hell of a mental image.

"ALWAYS bet on Cloud!"

Aeris gets ganked

"Dammit. Why they always go after the hot ones!?"
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#13 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1307 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

Capcom

They gave me a near finished version of a Resident Evil 2 remake

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#14 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5927 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

The Call of Cthulhu trailer gives me hope for Cyinide Studio getting it right:

Personally I don't care about CoC, but given their next project is a Paraoia RPG based video game, I'm glad they seem to get the tone right.

All Hail the Computer!
http://www.cyanide-s...been-authorized

Edited by Kevin S, 14 June 2018 - 04:22 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#15 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3521 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

IMHO, Nintendo won this hands down.  Even though some games were a no show (like Metroid Prime 4 and Yoshi), they did reveal some new games that got my interest, like Super Mario Party (which I am liking since it seems to be returning to the gameplay of Mario Party games we know and love) and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (come on, every character returning, plus Inkling, Ridley, and even Daisy?  This could be the Smash to end all Smashes).

#16 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10223 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:40 AM

I have to disagree. Bethesdia was good.. but again the same problem with a lot of others. It's "When?" 

The nice thing about Bethesda is they gave you the full gamet.  Stuff that was out now, stuff that was out later this year, stuff that's out next year or later, and stuff that's super far down the pipe but they know we know what they are so they're just going to announce them now.

Overall, Microsoft had a very good conference, but it was a lot of "third party stuff now, first party stuff coming soon"  Announcing the addition of 5 new studios is a huge step in the right direction for them, but it likely won't be until next generation until that pays off which is a shame, as their conference was otherwise easily the best of the big three.

Ubisoft, aside from a detour down the Tom Clancy "political intrigue game that 'isn't political'" rabbit hole, was a very fun conference.  It's a shame their big surprise leaked, and their other leak was a no show.  (Not their fault, but a bummer none the less)

Sony had some PHENOMENAL looking games, and a handful of interesting third party trialers, but their inexplicable choices for how they presented that stuff really detracted from what they were showing.  Also, their first party announcements for the past couple years have been kinda thin.  I guess that new console is coming in hot.

PC Gaming show put in some work this year.  I always only pay half attention to it, but they were pretty much showing indie game after indie game, so props to them.  (Also props to the host who basically had all of his belonging in his hotel thrown out / confiscated when they mistakenly though he had checked out.  You wouldn't notice in the slightest that all of his notes for the conference had been thrown out.)

Nintendo: Too focused on Smash.  The lack of big first party announcements was jarring, especially when they teased MP4 last year.  Handful of decent third party stuff, but man, if you're not into Smash, that direct was pretty barren.

Square-Enix was a waste of time really.  The handful of actual announcements probably would have been fine on their own or on one of the big two's stages.  Also would have saved us from sitting through a super-redundant Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer repeat.

EA was a total trashfire.  If it weren't for a brief bright spot with those EA originals, it would have been a complete write-off.  From the awkward Respawn announcement to the awkward sports stuff to the sad parading of the corpse of Command and Conquer to the bizarre way they decided to show off Anthem (they showed concept art on a loop! during that segment!  They couldn't even get enough concept art to fill time?)  Just a bad, bad conference.

Special Try-Hard Award for Devolver Digital for thinking the same joke was funny twice.  Just show Serious Sam 4 you hams!

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 28 June 2018 - 06:41 AM.

MSzBav1.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users