Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM)

Well then they need to re-release Vector Prime. :D Of course I would accept Vector Prime Headmaster with Alpha Trion as the head.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

That said, the bendy sword is ridiculous.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

I dunno, the old one is still pretty good by modern standards and the clunkiness is somewhat in-character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

We need a new vector prime

@  Paladin : (17 August 2019 - 03:59 PM)

just don't leave Cybertron Vector Prime out in the sun or his wings will melt.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 August 2019 - 03:17 PM)

@Nevermore Duly noted.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 02:12 PM)

I have three Cybertron Vector Primes, wouldn't throw them around though. I love that design too much,

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

I'm just picturing someone throwing a pile of Vector Prime toys around. I don't know why.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 01:42 PM)

Multi Vector Assault mode is what they go into when they think anyone's even slightly infringing on their IP.

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

@  Tieria Prime : (17 August 2019 - 02:11 AM)

Hi friends

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:05 AM)

So only if Viacom/Paramount has actively trademarked the term "multi-vector assault mode", offered goods or services under that name and has been offering those goods and services in recent years, Hasbro cannot offer goods or services under that name in the same category.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:04 AM)

And they need to be consistently used on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM)

Even if they are trademarked.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Words and terms used in dialogue shouldn't be affected.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Also, the trademarks only apply in commerce. You use them to identify goods and services.

@  Ashley : (16 August 2019 - 11:55 PM)

Yeah, you also need to apply for it. They might've never bothered to trademark that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

Trademark affects titles and product names, not every word in writing. For example, DC called their character "Captain Marvel" as recently as 2014.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM)

You missed my point. I was addressing the usage of the phrase in dialogue. Hence the quotation marks.

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Well, they can anyway, they might just not be able to call it that...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:54 PM)

It would be awesome for Transformers to have the likes of Overlord and Sky Lynx "engage multi-vector assault mode!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM)

It is a shame that "multi-vector assault mode" is probably trademarked for Star Trek.

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM)

Only if they manage to boomer-proof it

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

(and would that really be a bad thing?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Wouldn't a cybernetic singularity actually remove one or more of the top levels of Maslow's hierarchy?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM)

Tomy made some strange selections on their first wave of Tomica releases for the US

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM)

Resistance is futile.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 06:20 PM)

I would be down for a nice cybernetic singularity if it meant we could actually reach the top of maslow's hierarchy.

@  Ashley : (15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM)

I'm pretty sure the origin of the villains in GaoGaiGar was a computer being told to reduce the stress of the population and it's answer was to assimilate everyone.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Executions then followed by nano reanimation then cryonic suspension until everyone you know is deactivated for good so you can build happiness in a future society.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 01:47 PM)

As opposed to the ones that lie already? As a civilization: we're emotional and socially broken. Might as well have the society that at least wants us to be "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 11:48 AM)

Or you'd have a lot of people lying about their emotional state to avoid being executed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 11:18 AM)

That would actually be a massive step up: since there's a LOT of stuff needed to quantify happiness, and it could only be an improvement over the existing governments which actually don't care if you live or die, never mind if you're "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 10:02 AM)

Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Failure to be happy is treason. Have a nice daycycle!

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 01:46 AM)

Maslow's hierarchy of needs

@  MrBlud : (14 August 2019 - 09:46 PM)

Humanity is pretty forgiving if you take care of its basic needs. "Freedom" and "Privacy" don't have much hold when you can't afford food, shelter, or medicine.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 03:29 PM)

Something something peace through tyranny.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:43 PM)

You probably will have a house, AI overseers will crack down on stress, poverty, homelessness and human administration.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:36 PM)

The bad news is they'll probab;y be made and operated by Amazon so will record every single thing you do and transmit it to their datacenters so theycan have human operators sift through it and laugh at footage of you dancing in your socks or having intercourse.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

What if I don't have a house by then?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

If the robot will do the cleaning, I don't care if it's mandatory. I'm sick of moping floors.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:05 PM)

humanoid service robots, one for every house in the west. ETA: 2050. household robots will be mandatory.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

All I know is it'd be tragic if those evil robots win. I know she can beat them.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Big ones? Small ones? Ones as big as your head?

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 12:22 PM)

The robots are pink. Someone call Yoshimi!

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Yeah, could you maybe be more specific? Are they good robots? Bad ones? Do they just want to take our jobs? We need more information to work out how we feel about them.

@  Benbot : (14 August 2019 - 11:03 AM)

which ones?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

Robots are coming....

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2019 - 07:14 PM)

my nephew showed me the cuphead rap, and now it's stuck in my head...

@  Hg Dragon : (12 August 2019 - 07:07 PM)

Hershey squirts. AKA diarrhea

Photo

The Allspark Presents: The Unofficial Hasbro Heroes Sourcebook Extended - ISSUE #2 out now!

Allspark Transformers Hasbro Universe Fanfiction

101 replies to this topic

#81 Scotty P

Scotty P
  • Protoform
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:49 PM

I'm well past the deadline having just thought of this moments ago, but if there's more down the line I wouldn't mind doing one of these for MP3. Maybe a second catch-all entry for the rest of Admin Force as well, like the Solstar Order page in the official Sourcebooks.

#82 Broadside

Broadside

Crack Calibre Laser-Blazer Broadside

• Staff
  • 10964 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

There definitely will be more, so feel free to keep submitting profiles even if you've missed the current deadline!

3nAcIwa.png

#83 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5175 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:47 PM

Alright you artists out there, here are some characters that need some artwork.

• General Hawk (we have the art, just need an inker and colorist for this)
  • Steel Raven (GI Joe Extreme character - reference her toy https://www.yojoe.co...teelraven.shtml )
  • Matt Trakker Sr. (MASK character intended to be "truer" to the original - no real reference material, you'd have to come up with it yourself based on some guidelines)
  • Side Burn (Transformers - mostly based on the RID guy, but feel free to take artistic liberties)

--SoS

#84 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4796 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

I mentioned wanting to do art this on Facebook, just now getting a real chance to look at the list.  I think I'll start with one and go from there.  If no one's claimed art duties on Gunrunner, I'd like to take a crack at him.

#85 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5175 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:23 PM

He's all yours.

--SoS

#86 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3944 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

Gonna grab Lockdown, I dunno if anyone's interested on art duties for that....

#87 Ikkad

Ikkad

Discord Exclusive

• Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:40 AM

Gonna grab Lockdown, I dunno if anyone's interested on art duties for that....

I would love to try my hand at the bounty hunter.

Got a scanner and some POTP cards? I'm collecting scans! Check out my progress and upload what you have.

#88 Broadside

Broadside

• Staff
  • 10964 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:09 PM

hhse2_cover.png

ISSUE #2 IS OUT NOW!

From the Action Man Programme to Verity Carlo, feast your eyes on a host of new character profiles with art and writing from YOU, the Allspark community!

3nAcIwa.png

#89 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22890 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:19 PM

eyyyyy

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#90 KillMasterC

KillMasterC

Moongun patent holder

• Protoform
  • 21 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

Although the correct url is displayed, the actual link to the cbz of #1 is wrong.

#91 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5175 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:36 PM

Link to the CBZ file should be fixed now.

--SoS

#92 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3944 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

That Insecticon artwork is fantastic. Big round of applause for everyone who helped out!

#93 Dillpickle

Dillpickle
  • Protoform
  • 7 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:33 PM

This is so great. Just wanted to point out a little typo in Snapdragon's history "as a lack proper safety precautions." Cheers!

Edited by Dillpickle, 22 August 2018 - 11:38 PM.

#94 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knights Final Fantasy!

• Staff
  • 13207 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:43 AM

This has been a blast!

fslookup.jpg

#95 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1836 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

That Insecticon artwork is fantastic. Big round of applause for everyone who helped out!

Seconding this. I really love all the varying designs. The mantis, the caterpillar, the cockroach, Beet-Papil. Even the silhouettes show some great options.

There's some really great stories in the profiles as well, I've got especial fondness for Q'b, the Tape Bros, and the Street Action Minicon Team.

But I feel I should point out a minor typo: In the Insecticons' profile, you've got me down as Edward by mistake.

#96 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5175 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

But I feel I should point out a minor typo: In the Insecticons' profile, you've got me down as Edward by mistake.

D'oh! I blame that on me watching FMA: Brotherhood late at night when putting most of these profiles together. :)

I'll fix and update the PDF and CBZ files when I get back home. Thank you and my apologies, Edan.

--SoS

#97 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22890 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:33 AM

I thought I recognized Noideaforaname's art from somewhere-turns out he drew all of Visser Three's morphs from Animorphs.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#98 Broadside

Broadside

• Staff
  • 10964 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

With the IDW Universe having officially drawn to a close, the Allspark is asking for new profile submissions for a third issue of the Hasbro Heroes Sourcebook Extended! From colonist cameos to GI Joe troopers to magical knights, there's a wealth of characters to let your imagination run wild with, so post your character claims here!

3nAcIwa.png

#99 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22890 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:11 PM

Doctor Doom.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#100 Rodimus Supreme

Rodimus Supreme
  • Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:49 PM

Geez, so many I have in mind, mainly for a story I thought would have been an interesting future, if the current IDW continuity wasn't ending. It's basically a blend of G2's and Machine Wars' stories. Like, here's what I'd want to do and which character's I'd want to use:

A rogue group of Decepticons, turning out to be the remnants of the Predators, arrives on Earth and threatens humans. The Predators will still have Skyquake's body, as they hoped to reanimated him so they wouldn't have to stay under Overlord's rule...or something like that. Some details are still not quite worked out yet. Optimus Prime and his forces on Earth dispatch to take on these rogues, and win. They arrest them and take them in, holding them at their headquarters. The Lost Light arrives on Earth (for a reason I haven't worked out yet), and most everyone is shocked to see Megatron. At first there's panic and Megatron is almost shot, but all of the Autobots defend him, claiming he's reformed. The humans find it hard to believe, but they begrudgingly work alongside Megatron as the crew of the Lost Light help the Autobots. Megatron visits his former allies in their holding cells and at first they are excited, thinking he's there to break them out and kill all the humans and Optimus Prime. But they are shocked to find out that Megatron is not here to help them. He's here to help the Autobots, and is attempting to turn over a new leaf. They're angry, calling him a traitor to his own cause, but it's nothing he hasn't heard before. He then uses his influence and reputation to force them into helping the Autobots here on Earth with their current mission (also haven't figured this plot detail out yet). Megatron is truly attempting to earn the trust of Earth-bound Autobots and humans, but as we see over the course of the story, no matter what he does, very few actually trust him, and most of those who do are only willing to give him a surface-level amount of trust, as long as the job their doing is done. Megatron sees this, and becomes disheartened, wondering if he could ever be truly redeemed.

Meanwhile on Cybertron, Starscream is assassinated. We think he's dead at first, but it quickly becomes apparent to both the reader and Starscream that he really isn't dead, he's become a ghost! He can't interact with anybody or anything. He can't do anything. All he can do is watch his former seat of power be taken by the next ruler (whoever that is). He's of course angry at these developments, so he makes his way to the next ship leaving that's headed to/near Earth, and hops aboard, hoping someone on Earth can help him, as he believes the scientific society of Cybertron more than likely isn't going to be helpful to a ghost...

Back on Earth, another mission, comes up, and some of the Lost Light crew heads out to assist Optimus Prime. During this fight, human soldiers, because of their beliefs about Decepticons, believes one of them is attacking, and shoots him dead. Megatron sees this, and runs to his fallen soldier. He's grieved, as this loss of life was senseless, and becomes angry. Optimus talks him down enough so that they can all head back to their headquarters. Back there, this fallen Decepticon is placed with SKyquakes corpse, and everyone mostly goes back to their usual business, except Megatron, who's sulking is his quarters onboard the Lost Light. No one can talk him into coming out and helping, so they just leave him. As he continues to stay in there and think about the events that just recently transpired, he becomes more and more bitter, thinking about how the humans hate him enough that they make judgement calls based on old feelings that have been proven to not reflect the current reality. He understands why they hate him, but he can't help but be angry that they would just shoot a soldier dead just because of what they ​thought​ they saw. During that time, Starscream arrives on Earth, and searches out help in this human/Autobot base, but finds no one their can hear or see him either, although he does figure out how to interact with object enough to knock things over and move some things slightly, and just scares some soldiers. He comes across the room where SKyquake and the other dead Decepticon are being kept. He looks over their bodies and has an idea: perhaps he can possess one of them, and technically come back to life! After looking them over, he chooses Skyquake to possess...and it works. He makes his way around, stumbling into the Lost Light, freaking out a couple soldiers who saw Skyquake's dead body just walk inside the Lost Light, but they leave and don't tell anybody, thinking they could be seeing things and going crazy.

Starscream wanders the halls of the Lost Light, and finds Megatron's quarters. He enters the room, where Megatron is still sulking, and freaks the former Decepticon leader out enough that he fires a shot at Starscream, only stopping when he hears Starscream's voice come out of Skyquake. He become extremely confused, and demands to know what's happening, still pointing his at cannon at Starscream. Starscream then explains what happened to him, how he got here, and how he possessed Skyquake's body. mEgatron finds this act of using a fallen soldiers corpse disgusting at first, and demands Starscream put that body back where he found it, and leave, only offering small condolences for his untimely demise. Starscream sees the anger in Megatron is fueled by something more, and prods his former Leader to explain what's got him so worked up. Megatron refuses to tell him anything at first, but after enough prodding, he finally breaks and tells Starscream everything that has happened since arriving on Earth and up until this very point. Starscream is disgusted at what the humans did, especially considering the work he also had been putting in as Leader of Cybertron. Both of them share grievances towards their unfortunate positions on life (or death, I Starscream's case), and come to a conclusion together: Since it's clear that humans have no intention on seeing the actual attempts at redemption made by them, they decide that there can never truly be any peace in this universe with that mindset. The only way to get true peace...is through tyranny. THe only way people will stop fighting, stop killing each other, is to rid the universe of said people. Thus, Megatron decides he's done with trying to change everyone's mind. If they want to see him as the villain, fine. If that's what it takes to bring about actual change, so be it. He and Starscream then depart the Lost Light, and Megatron then scans an Earth Tank Mode, immediately reconfiguring his body in a way that resembles his G2 body (just with regular green camo instead of lime green with purple camo splotches). They immediately round up the remaining Predators, all while confused Autobots and humans are watching, and make the announcement of war. They then fire on all humans and Autobots, and a battle ensues at this Earth-bound headquarters. Megatron and Optimus Prime come to blows, with Starscream actually backing up his leader for once. The two of the actually working together, combined with Starscream now having this much more powerful body, is almost too much for Optimus, and it seems the two Decepticons will overwhelm him. Luckily, the Lost Light crew arrive back froma  smaller mission to assist, and after some heated and dramatic words exchanged between Optimus, Rodimus, and Ultra Magnus and Megatron, the Decepticons are able to make a hasty retreat. The humans and Autobots and humans are left to pcik up whatever pieces of their base that is left, and head out. They can no longer stay at this location, now that Decepticons know about it. The exchnages between Optimus, Rodimus, Ultra Magnus,a nd the rest of the LL crew and the humans shows how disappointed the Autobots are in Megatron defection back to the Decepticon side, as well as the humans claiming they knew all along that he couldn't be trusted, with a fight almost breaking out between Rodimus and some humans after the humans bad-mouth Megatron.

Only other plot idea I have for this storyline involves some scientific cult that was created by Shockwave a long time ago finding CNA from a Decepticon soldier some how and cloning it into what they believe is meant to be the future ultimate ruler of the universe and the greatest leader the Decepticons will have ever seen, even greater than Megatron. THey name this new creation...Megaplex. Megaplex restarts the war on Cybertron, with new and old Decepticons. They eventually make their way to Earth, and not only encounter Optimus Prime, but also Megatron and his new Decepticon army. Megaplex even fights Megatron to a standstill, both fighter so evenly matched, it's not very clear as to who would win. Megaplex notices in his encounters with Megatron that he feels something towards this leader. A kind of...connection. Something like a higher connection to him than just being a Decepticon. But he doesn't know why. He later ends up walking in on a meeting between these cult members that created him, but is not seen by them. He eavesdrops when he hears that they're talking about him. He finds out then that he is actually a clone (as they wouldn't have created him knowing that he's a clone. They'd program fake memories into his cerebral cortex and make it look like he was a new Cybertronian that was birthed like any other Cybertronian is). He's shocked by this revelation, but is almost completely floored by what he hears next: that he was actually cloned from a sample of ​Megatron's​ CNA. He'd realize that that is exactly why he feels some kind of connection to Megatron, because, technically, he is​ Megatron. This infuriates him. He leaves, but revolts against his creators, joins up with Megatron, and they fight together to win this new war for the Decepticon's side.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Allspark, Transformers, Hasbro Universe, Fanfiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users