Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

I don't think we even really need to see Krypton. I'd start with Clark growing up in Kansas, thinking he's normal, and follow him through the development of his powers. There've been enough alternate takes on Krypton that it could actually work as a mystery; is this the pre-Crisis utopia, the sterile science world, or the relic of a fallen empire? Brainiac was there, and he tempts Clark with the knowledge of what he really is.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:12 AM)

First, a Krypton film, ending with baby Kal-El being found on Earth.  Then Supe's early career film, establishing his values... and if Jonothan Kent needs to die, it happens because of something like a heart attack while Clark is savnig folks on the other side of the world.  After we know Clark minimizes property damage and never kills, have Zod & Company show up and force him to make tough choices.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:07 AM)

Man of Steel seems like someone came up with a Superman trilogy and then the execs said "We've got to catch up to Marvel, make it one film!".  I don't mean that based on the film's actual pacing, but because various story beats make more sense to me if they weren't all squished together.

@  Cybersnark : (03 December 2019 - 07:44 PM)

I've been wanting to write a Superman movie trilogy for years; "Man of Steel" (featuring a Terminator-like Brainiac) was going to be first, with "Last Son of Krypton" (featuring the Eradicator) as the sequel and "Man of Tomorrow" (in which Luthor makes his face-heel turn) as the conclusion. Thanks to Snyder I have to re-arrange my titles.

Photo

The Allspark Presents: The Unofficial Hasbro Heroes Sourcebook Extended - ISSUE #2 out now!

Allspark Transformers Hasbro Universe Fanfiction

101 replies to this topic

#61 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5210 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:05 AM

Side Burn

Legal Status: Citizen of Velocitron
Place of Birth: Velocitron
Marital Status: Single (call him, ladies)
Known Relatives: X-Brawn (brother), Mach Alert (sister)
Group Affiliation: None
Current Base of Operations: Navitas, Velocitron
First Appearance: "Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2001)", episode 1, "Battle Protocol"

History: The Velocitronian known as Speedbreaker Side Burn was born from a rare triple branched spark born from the hot spot carried by the Titan, Navitas. Both he and his two siblings, X-Brawn and Mach Alert, were brought on-line at different points in time, however, with Side Burn being activated last. As the "younger" sister sibling, he was constantly chasing after his two siblings; Mach Alert was the fastest of the trio, and X-Brawn the most technically inclined, which left Side Burn constantly feeling as though he was in their shadow.

I'm half asleep so I really shouldn't be trying to do editing, but those are the things that jumped out at me on my first pass. Looks good. I'll read it again later when I'm fully awake to make sure I didn't miss anything, unless Broadside or Daniel beat me to it.

--SoS

#62 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35134 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:11 AM

This is why I shouldn't try to edit after midnight x_x

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#63 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9955 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

He eventually learned of Apeface’s death at the hands of the Autobot combiner Superion. Vowing revenge for his friend’s death he promised to continue fighting for the Decepticons no matter what may happen.  After Megatron’s defection to the Autobots and the disbanding of the Decepticons, Snapdragon joined a splinter group headed by Hun-Gurrr and Snaptrap. He later took part in the occupation of the Temptorian capital Sensensica with the same group. During this occupation, Snapdragon was beaten by the Autobot forces of the Lost Light and imprisoned aboard the ship until its return to Cybertron. Snapdragon broke out alongside the other imprisoned decepticons, taking part in a raid on Megatron’s trial and once again, was relegated to an Autobot punching bag and subsequently reincarnated.

Snapdragon learned about Megatron's defection.....before Snapdragon returned to Cybertron whereupon Megatron defected?

Also, the Decepticon uprising on Cybertron took place in roughly the same numbered issues as the liberation of Temptoria. How could Snapdragon have gotten offworld all the way to Temptoria that fast?

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#64 Dillpickle

Dillpickle
  • Protoform
  • 7 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

He eventually learned of Apeface’s death at the hands of the Autobot combiner Superion. Vowing revenge for his friend’s death he promised to continue fighting for the Decepticons no matter what may happen.  After Megatron’s defection to the Autobots and the disbanding of the Decepticons, Snapdragon joined a splinter group headed by Hun-Gurrr and Snaptrap. He later took part in the occupation of the Temptorian capital Sensensica with the same group. During this occupation, Snapdragon was beaten by the Autobot forces of the Lost Light and imprisoned aboard the ship until its return to Cybertron. Snapdragon broke out alongside the other imprisoned decepticons, taking part in a raid on Megatron’s trial and once again, was relegated to an Autobot punching bag and subsequently reincarnated.

Snapdragon learned about Megatron's defection.....before Snapdragon returned to Cybertron whereupon Megatron defected?

Also, the Decepticon uprising on Cybertron took place in roughly the same numbered issues as the liberation of Temptoria. How could Snapdragon have gotten offworld all the way to Temptoria that fast?

Wow, those are some terrible errors on my part. Thanks for pointing those out.

#65 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9955 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:40 AM

Wow, those are some terrible errors on my part. Thanks for pointing those out.

Glad to provide assistance. I look forward to your next version.

• SoS likes this
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#66 Dillpickle

Dillpickle
  • Protoform
  • 7 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:26 PM

Updated Version, gave the history section a major overhaul.

Snapdragon

Legal status: Citizen of Cybertron with a criminal record

Place of birth: Unknown region of Cybertron

Marital status: Single

Known relatives: None

Group Affiliation: Decepticons

Current base of operations: Unknown prison on Cybertron

First appearance (historical): The Transformers episode “The Rebirth Part 1

First appearance (this continuity): The Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #12

History: Snapdragon joined the Decepticons after a long stint of bad luck. He had fallen upon hard times after and desperately needed some shanix to keep himself afloat. His close friend Apeface persuaded him to be a test subject in an experiment held by a group of scientists examining the limitations of organic alt-mode scanning. Unbeknownst to Snapdragon the test was completely illegal and in reality there was no pay as well as a lack proper safety precautions. The experiment went awry, one of the creatures broke loose from its bonds and attacked Snapdragon in the midst of the scan. He and the creature were merged together, permanently granting Snapdragon a third bestial form. The scientists fled from the laboratory leaving Snapdragon and the other subjects behind.

Snapdragon was left with no money and an outcast from Functionalist society, his dragon mode viewed as completely pointless. Despite this, his strength and size led to him being hired as a personal bodyguard the infamous crime boss Thunderhoof. He served in this position for many years until Thunderhoof's compound was raided by Cybertronian law forces. Snapdragon managed to escape with his life and freedom. Around this time, the Decepticon movement was gaining considerable traction and seeing an opportunity, Snapdragon decided to join the Decepticon cause alongside many others.

Snapdragon was placed under Scorponok’s command for most of the Great War. Over time the other Decepticons learned that fighting alongside Snapdragon was was not as pleasant as they assumed. Despite his considerable strength and intellect, Snapdragon is hindered by that fact that he is the most lazy and unmotivated being in the entire universe, causing him to be extremely ineffective in battle and putting himself and his fellow Decepticons into dangerous situations. The last straw was during the Third Vorsk Offensive, when he failed to report to his post during a crucial defense of a weapons depot. The depot was evacuated and Snapdragon was left behind. Snapdragon somehow managed to stay alive, his mind slowly succumbing to the rage and primal instincts of the creature he took the form of. He was eventually found by a Decepticon search team but by then, the damage had already been done.

Snapdragon later joined a splinter group headed by Hun-Gurrr and Snaptrap. He took part in the occupation of the Temptorian capital Sensensica with the same group. During this occupation, Snapdragon was beaten by the Autobot forces of the Lost Light and imprisoned aboard the ship until its return to Cybertron. Upon returning, Snapdragon broke out along with the other imprisoned Decepticons, taking part in an attempted rescue mission of Megatron during his trial. The rescue failed, and he was re-incarcerated.

Height: 35’

Weight: 18 tons

Eyes: Red

Hair: None

Strength level: While Snapdragon possess immense strength for a Cybertronian of average size, he is simply not motivated enough to use it.

Unusual power: Snapdragon possesses the normal Cybertronian ability to change from “robot” and “alt-mode”. However, Snapdragon is a triple-changer and thusly possesses two-alt modes instead of one. His modes are a mechanoid dragon and a stealth jet.

Weapons: Snapdragon uses a pair of hand held blasters that fire gyroscopic disruptor bolts. When not using these weapons, he can use his dragon mode’s carbon-steel teeth and claws to tear his enemies apart.

Please credit as Grant "Dillpickle" Dillon

Edited by Dillpickle, 13 July 2018 - 11:19 PM.

#67 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2756 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

I want to draw some stuff for this, though I don't know what on the reserved list is art dibs vs writing dibs.

(checking the thread, looks like the ones that really stood out to me got called regardless)

Can I claim Brainstorm? Dunno if we need to focus on that deadline or if this project's a bit more free-form.

#68 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1645 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

I want to draw some stuff for this, though I don't know what on the reserved list is art dibs vs writing dibs.
(checking the thread, looks like the ones that really stood out to me got called regardless)

Can I claim Brainstorm? Dunno if we need to focus on that deadline or if this project's a bit more free-form.

Well, if you only want to draw Brainstorm, you can go ahead and do so and we will keep it on file for when someone writes his profile.

The claimed characters are all referring to people writing their profiles. The priority characters that need art of course are the ones that have been claimed, so you can choose from there.

#69 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5210 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:54 PM

As Daniel mentioned, the claimed characters list is just for those who are writing the profiles (we should make that clear in the post). So you can pretty much claim whoever you want to draw from that list or any IDW character (ones that haven't been done in the original Sourcebook that is).

If you want to get do something for Issue #2, just let us know. We have a list of characters that have been selected for the issue that need some artwork. As for the project, it's pretty much free-form. That deadline of the 22nd is just for those that want to get make it in for Issue #2.

--SoS

#70 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2756 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:39 PM

I would like to contribute to this upcoming issue, so I'll take Rampage if he's still available (and Shokaract since that's an easy recolor).

#71 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5210 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

BW Rampage and Shockaract are available. No one has currently claimed/said they want to write their profiles yet, though. Unless you want to do both art and profile writing. :)

If you want to do art only for this upcoming issue, PM me and I can give you the list of Issue #2 characters that need art.

--SoS

#72 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4002 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

Gonna drop Steeljaw; probably a good thing I never got around to writing his profile before OP 20 threw it all out the window, but I'm gonna grab Solus Prime instead.

#73 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3976 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

BW Rampage and Shockaract are available. No one has currently claimed/said they want to write their profiles yet, though. Unless you want to do both art and profile writing. :)

If you want to do art only for this upcoming issue, PM me and I can give you the list of Issue #2 characters that need art.

--SoS

Those profiles have been claimed by me for a while now.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#74 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1645 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are delaying the second issue of Sourcebook for now, so entries for that issue are officially reopened! The new deadline will be August 5.

Also, if you are an artist who has expressed interest in contributing art for characters in the next issue, please contact me or one of the other editors through DMs to discuss potential characters for you to draw.

#75 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5210 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

--SoS

Clearly I was madly sleep deprived when I posted. :)

This works perfectly then. Noideaforaname is going to do the art for your profiles. :D

--SoS

#76 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3976 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

Sweet! I should probably touch base with Noid'.

I was always going to have Shokaract be associated with Unicron, but Depth Charge and Rampage appearing as Maximals has thrown a monkey wrench into my plans for them as Eukarians. I'm...still trying to wrap my head around how to proceed, especially with each issue of OP and Unicron throwing chaos into the little corner of the continuity I thought was safe to develop.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#77 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1879 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:49 AM

Those can be the other ones. Like Vanquish and Fireshot.

#78 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2756 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:21 PM

--SoS

Clearly I was madly sleep deprived when I posted. :)

This works perfectly then. Noideaforaname is going to do the art for your profiles. :D

--SoS

Hooray!

Time to figure out how Rampage's kibble works.

#79 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4002 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:51 PM

I'm throwing my hat back into the ring and grabbing Darkstorm.

#80 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11031 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Cool! I actually had a few of my own ideas for him - I'll send you a PM in case you might like to make use of them.

unknown.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users