Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -Wildstrike- : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -Wildstrike- : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:30 PM)

Well, my main point is that it will speed up the system migration so I have A) less system downtime because there are fewer files to transfer before the new system can be up and running and B) it reduces the risk of something going wrong during the system migration.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 May 2020 - 06:19 AM)

If your primary is getting cleaned up anyway cause you were backing stuff up, then yeah, no reason not to. But largely, it's not a necessary step.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 AM)

It's like you find out that there's a fire going to break out in the house you live in soon, so you find a new place, get your entire Transformers collection into safe storage, and now all that's left are the empty cabinets which you intend to move over to your new place soon. If the fire breaks out before then, sure, you'd need to get new cabinets, but your toys are already out of the danger zone.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:27 AM)

At this point, I'm in a "if the old system crashed before the new drive arrives, it will be slightly annoying, not a complete disaster" mood.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I've mostly just backed up my personal files and stuff on the external hard drive. The existing Windows installment is supposed to be directly cloned to the new drive once it arrives.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 May 2020 - 01:44 AM)

Who else has ever been so out of it that you've gotten into the shower with your glasses on?

@  Echowarrior : (20 May 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Nope. We've been forced to go with Eclipse. It sucks, and I will continue to call the people in charge of the website fascists until they give me reason to do otherwise.

@  CORVUS : (20 May 2020 - 10:20 PM)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new layout either. Fortunately you can stay with the old one though.

@  Liege : (20 May 2020 - 08:57 PM)

So now it matches 90% of the content.

Photo
- - - - -

Tokyo Toy Show 2018 & Golden Lagoon Exclusive Figures - 8/27 MP10 Golden Prime Photo Gallery

153 replies to this topic

#141 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18261 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:43 PM

I gotta say...I must have a very different mental image of what Sunstorm looks like from a lot of people.

Edited by LV!, 10 November 2018 - 04:43 PM.

#142 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2091 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:06 PM

'Yellow Starscream', I think is the base, the reason I decided to use this for it was it seemed to really glow.  As with all character repurposings, Starscream is in the eye of the beholder.

Edit: Plus it was actually the cheapest way to get the mold, weirdly.  Ghost Starscream is part of a big set, and SG Starscream for some reason seems to go for a mint, the only reason I have that one is I had a subscription.

Edit to edit: I think part of the common renaming is a lot of us expected by some 'hints' that came to nothing that Sunstorm was going to be the extra subscription figure, and that did seem to be the plan till Hasbro pulled the license.  As it was, we got SG Starscream, which I was fine with, making it my CW Skyfire, but I and a few others clearly wanted our combining yellow jet, it seems.

Edited by Platypus Prime, 10 November 2018 - 05:20 PM.

• LV! likes this

#143 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 18261 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:25 PM

I have moved past the point in my life where I neurotically care about what other people call their toys on their shelves, so if people want a Sunstorm and this gives them a Sunstorm, I'm all for it. I just can't see Sunstorm when I look at it. Maybe that's because I still mostly think of him as orange instead of yellow, despite the fact that there are many yellow Sunstorms and some of them are extremely attractive.

Or maybe it's just all the chrome, since all I can REALLY see when I look at him is a bowling trophy, Starscream or otherwise.

#144 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2091 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

Great...now you have me wanting to repurpose it as a trophy Galvatron has where he managed to kill Starscream for the FOURTH time, a new record, and has the cool award to prove it.

That could make a hilarious comic...

Or maybe it's something Starscream HIMSELF won in recognition of his one-millionth betrayal.  Right before he gets blasted again.

Edited by Platypus Prime, 10 November 2018 - 05:42 PM.

#145 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30026 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:53 PM

For me, GL Starscream will be repurposed as Sunstorm, while SG Starscream will remain as himself, but since he'll be in a world where there's already an evil Decepticon also named "Starscream" that everyone in this world knows better, SG Starscream will be given the heroic Autobot-sounding nickname of "Storm Jet" to differentiate him from his evil counterpart and to make his new heroic Autobot allies feel less uncomfortable about having a Starscream as a new friend (particularly those like Ironhide and Cliffjumper, who have a history of being very prejudiced towards any and all Decepticons).

While typing this, it just hit me that SG Starscream "Storm Jet" would likely get along the most with Skyfire, not just because of their similar color schemes but for Skyfire's own scientific history with the evil Starscream and Skyfire's own defection from the Decepticons. And for their both being scientists.

Edited by Sabrblade, 11 November 2018 - 12:50 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#146 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67135 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:02 PM

The Golden Autobot 3 Pack has shipped from TakaraTomy Mall.

ACItEK8.png

#147 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:46 PM

THE EAGLE HAS LEFT THE NEST

THE EAGLE HAS LEFT THE NEST

#148 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67135 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:28 AM

ACItEK8.png

#149 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30026 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#150 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

#151 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 18261 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:23 PM

hope she don't crash

#152 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67135 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:37 PM

With stats of all 10's, it kind of makes sense why Beachcomber could take out two Seekers barehanded.

ACItEK8.png

#153 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:05 AM

He's not barehanded!  His hands are covered in electrum!

#154 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 18261 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

And no matter how hard he scrubs it will never ever come off.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users