Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (28 February 2020 - 07:13 PM)

Alright then. If it's on PC: absolutely. Learn how to mod it and go to town, totally worth the price. On PS4 or Xbox, sure; get it on sale and make use of the mod menu to change up the game. On the Switch: I hope you got the game on VERY deep discount, but still fun.

@  Jet : (28 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

I'd say it is. I don't play on PC, tho; I play on my Switch.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 February 2020 - 10:37 AM)

Console or PC?

@  Benbot : (28 February 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Is Skyrim worth playing in 2020?

@  Paladin : (28 February 2020 - 07:45 AM)

when you use the character as a header image for a frontpage story, i think you lose the right to complain about anyone else "spoiling things."

@  Nevermore : (28 February 2020 - 04:45 AM)

Did I say that? I must have been joking.

@  Sabrblade : (27 February 2020 - 11:46 PM)

And you say you have no sense of humor, Nevermore. ;)

@  Nevermore : (27 February 2020 - 09:07 PM)

Gonzo, start a thread in the main "Transformers Discussion" forum with that information in the title instead.

@  Sabrblade : (27 February 2020 - 08:33 PM)

Gonzo, please don't go spoiling things like that in the chat box.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 February 2020 - 05:53 PM)

Neat.

@  Darth Gonzo : (27 February 2020 - 05:53 PM)

Tarn is in Cyberverse.

@  Benbot : (27 February 2020 - 10:24 AM)

I really don't like that guy. Show the toys, not your face. I'm tired of looking at him.

@  RCX : (27 February 2020 - 09:25 AM)

Toy Galaxy is excellent.

@  Benbot : (27 February 2020 - 09:03 AM)

I think you'll be save in Greenland.

@  CORVUS : (27 February 2020 - 01:12 AM)

Toy Galaxy is my favorite overall toy-related channel on YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (26 February 2020 - 11:29 PM)

Last year's coverage via Toy YouTubers was brilliant. However, since YouTube's new (unfortunately necessary) guidelines the companies barely invited any of them back, so all we get is super-popular collector's info.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 February 2020 - 09:19 PM)

If it weren't for Toy Galaxy's coverage video, I would not have known about the Defenders of the Earth figures. New toys of Flash Gordon, The Phantom, and Mandrake the Magician? In 2020? I would have said you were smoking something strong.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:32 PM)

So the question is... has Madagascar closed down all its ports yet?

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:31 PM)

A couple that got infected attended a Carnival event with over 300 people in attendance.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

So the Corona virus keeps getting closer to where I live. Several confirmed cases in my federal state already.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 February 2020 - 02:20 PM)

Man, only having collector sites to get Toy Fair news from sucks. Did you know there is a 4" line of kids figures for the new Avengers game coming?

@  Dekafox : (26 February 2020 - 11:54 AM)

Since Omega already exists they could name it Auntie

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:07 AM)

Oh, and one last Titan,provided we can fudge things a bit to include a character from Transformers: Animated; how about something at least resembling TF:A Omega Supreme?

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:05 AM)

How about they find a way to make a mold they can use for both Broadside and Tidal Wave?

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 February 2020 - 02:13 AM)

Optimus Maximus, the mysterious titan of the Arisen, also Iaconus from Cyberverse.

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

Photo
- - - - -

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power - New Netflix Series

577 replies to this topic

#561 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66713 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

9275gif8gzx31.jpg
Huh, check out the left there...

Flutterina was there too. :o

https://www.instagra...id=3zmeedglmqyq

As well as the Star Sisters.  I know they were name dropped, but I didn't catch them being there till I saw this picture.

Speaking of stars, here's a really out there idea.  A number of the characters have mentioned the stars  being back.  Adora has lost here sword, and will need a new one.   So when she gets back to being She-Ra, it is a chance for her to get a new outfit.

Think if she does it will be based on Stardust She-Ra?

This makes sense.  I would expect an outfit update like Glimmer, Hordak, and Catra got.

ACItEK8.png

#562 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10641 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

I never really noticed before: but is a glacier really the place for formal wear? I mean: even the hostess is wearing a hugging parka.

Depends on how the place hosting the formal event is constructed, how it's heated, the fabrics used for the formal wear...thermal undergarments...

As for Frosta, well, she's hosting the thing and she's a Princess. She can wear whatever she feels like.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#563 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42792 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:41 PM

But the point is: she wore a winter coat. And the whole place is made of ice. The princess of ICE, wore a WINTER COAT in her own home. I think everyone else was badly under prepared for the necessities of this particular prom. Probably better it got crashed cause seeing it through to the normal conclusion might have involved cases of hypothermia and severe frostbite. There's legless pants and short skirts in that pic up there.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#564 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66713 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

She wears a parka everywhere though.  Maybe she's named the ice princess, because she's always cold...

:D

ACItEK8.png

#565 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66713 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:07 PM

Watching Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Entrapta is totally Gadget Hackwrench.

ACItEK8.png

#566 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5375 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:43 AM

https://www.amazon.c...WDSB4V5S23TYBX2

So uh, THIS is a thing apparently.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#567 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17187 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:13 AM

Sigh.  Catra is not "spurned on".  She's spurred on by feeling spurned.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#568 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66713 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:52 AM

I hate it when things like this are only released on DVD.  At least put them on Blu-ray. 

ACItEK8.png

#569 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5375 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:10 AM

I'm not sure what is up with Dreamworks and their aversion to putting things on blu ray, but at least it has SOME sort of release.

Still hoping for Little Witch Academia...

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#570 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8913 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

I'm so late. Just watching season 3.

3x1 - can the original She-Ra heal? I forget.

3x2 - is Huntara a new character? Ugh, I hated that there's a bar in the waste. Meh on hitting on the bartender.

Clonedak! I luv it!

Entrapta is still the absolute best. But, ew, stay at an arm's length please.

3x3 - Scorpia should be at home in a desert.

Bats were trapped in the ship since it crashed?

The four armed lizard is female?

Tung Lashor! He shouldn't have tossed the jacket. Ugh, they really wrote it to have Catra win against bullies.

Etheria is in Despondos?!?

3x4 - Clonedak should be able to transform. Ew, Entrapta, get away from him.

Finally, more princesses action. Ugh, Mermista's attack needs an Avatar bender animator.

Catra is totally doing a Catwoman with her whip.

I roll my eyes when there's too much drama.

Sprock you, Catra. You don't get to shock Entrapta like that.

And Stanford Pines walks through the portal, haha

3x5 - ugh, it's a recap equivalent type ep, bleh.

Yes! Scorpia knows! That's awesome! And she's interacting with Adora!

The white cracks are totally Doctor Who cracks in time.

Hmm, ep was better than I thought.

3x6 - Micah is shorter than Angela? The hex?!

Entrapta went translucent, noooo!

Mara, whoops.

Half Catra is totally a toy recolor, if only there's actual toys.

Angela is, what, trapped in another dimension by herself?;

Bring Entrapta with you!

Urgh, the best way the alternate thing could have worked was have Micah pull the sword. Have the whole 'i don't want to lose my dad again' thing happen. Blurg, Angela should have dragged Micah with her then he'd paralyze Adora and Angela and grab the sword himself. Geez.

I do like Adora asserting herself to tell Catra stop throwing the blame on her and all that.

Oooh cliffhanger is sci fi.

So finally done with s3. Can watch s4, whew.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#571 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3757 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:16 PM

I hate it when things like this are only released on DVD.  At least put them on Blu-ray. 

Personally, I prefer DVD, they are cheeper and frankly, I don't see much difference between Blu-ray and DVD, other than the fact Blu-ray hogs all of the extras these days and cost more money, thus in general there is very little difference as you get quailty picture and sound on both formats and the actual storage cases are almost the same sizes, but then they are better than VHS, this is merely my view, the only thing that really ticks me off is the difference in TV formats, if they could simply phased to one format world wide it would make me and a lot of other people happier.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#572 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66713 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:33 AM

Personally, I prefer DVD, they are cheeper and frankly, I don't see much difference between Blu-ray and DVD, other than the fact Blu-ray hogs all of the extras these days and cost more money, thus in general there is very little difference as you get quailty picture and sound on both formats and the actual storage cases are almost the same sizes, but then they are better than VHS, this is merely my view, the only thing that really ticks me off is the difference in TV formats, if they could simply phased to one format world wide it would make me and a lot of other people happier.

Yeah, for me that's a 'no'.  I can't watch anything new on DVD unless it's pre-HD age.  There's no excuse for DVD only releases at this point.

I also feel the same about blu-ray and films.  I don't think any film should be released only on blu-ray or DVD.  I feel there needs to be a 4K version too if it's anything 2016 and on honestly.

Hence why I own 'The Dead Don't Die' and 'Missing Link' digitally rather than on physical format, because there wasn't a 4K release of either physically but there are digitally.

ACItEK8.png

#573 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52267 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

You have a very old TV incapable of outputting a 1080p signal and/or youre blind. Im blind in one eye and I can still tell ;)

There is a world of immediate difference between a 480p and 1080p image.

card-strongarm.jpg

#574 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17187 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

I have a BluRay player that processes DVD signals to better effective resolution than 480p, it's pretty standard for even pretty cheap players these days.  While I could definitely tell the difference between DVDs and regular TV back before my DVD player gave up the ghost last year, DVDs look about the same as BluRays on my player now.

Purists might still complain about the effect, same as they complain about MP3 compression artifacts, but I frankly don't notice the differences unless I'm really focusing on it, and it doesn't bother me.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#575 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66713 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:37 AM

I see all the colors...  :D

ACItEK8.png

#576 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3757 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:35 PM

You have a very old TV incapable of outputting a 1080p signal and/or youre blind. Im blind in one eye and I can still tell ;)

There is a world of immediate difference between a 480p and 1080p image.

I'm not blind and my TV is capable of HD, but I just don't really see much value in this ultra impressive screens stuff, as long I have a nice clear picture without any problems, I am happy and as I said, I prefer DVDs over blu-ray for cost effectiveness and I am not about to go and replace my DVD collection with blu-ray, I don't even own a blu-ray player nor really want one at this point in time, then I grown tried of games consoles and much prefect my PC to a games console as its not just a box with just one purpose. Just call me old fashion, its like these e-readers having tons of books but at the end of the day, I rather have an actual book in hand, so I don't really care about the quailty of the picture, so long its clean and desent, so why should I bother wasting money on something that not really going to be that much different from what others deem inferior?

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#577 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9329 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:54 PM

Ill admit the only reason I get blu-ray at times is for the extras, nothing for picture quality. Is there a difference, sure but not anything that bugs me usually. For shows like this Im fine with She-Ra being on DVD. For now if I really want it HD I would just turn on Netflix.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#578 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8913 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:13 PM

Ok, I binged Season 4. Wow, what a trip! A lot to process but it was great! I actually got spoiled on some stuff but it was fine; I couldn't wait.

I'll just put my reactions in spoiler spaces since they're just rambling.

4x1-4x5
Spoiler

4x6-4x8
Spoiler

4x9-4x10
Spoiler

4x11-4x13
Spoiler

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users