Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

Photo
- - - - -

Thundercats Roar! New comedy from Cartoon Network.

235 replies to this topic

#201 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8159 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

LionO hooking up with older WilyKit is a bit *cough cough* yyyeeeaahhhh....

#202 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5760 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

I know LionO was really young in the 2011 series (perhaps in his late teens), but just how old was he compared to Wilykit?  I'm sure it was mentioned at some point, but I just don't remember.

#203 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8517 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

It's nice to see show staff show clearly lay out their plans and ideas for the season they never got made, instead of just giving coy "oh well that's a secret but it'd totally have been cool if we had that next season REALLY" answers.

Edited by Blot, 30 May 2018 - 06:35 PM.

#204 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8960 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:37 AM

LionO hooking up with older WilyKit is a bit *cough cough* yyyeeeaahhhh....

I think their age would match up somehow? The info says Lion-O goes away for training and comes back all buffed Conan style but ten years pass so Wilykit has grown up. Dunno how long the training took tho.

I would have wanted to see Bengali as a kid. They'd probably give him his own playmates as the new Thunderkittens. Also how Tygra and Cheetarah look as parents.

I would have liked to see what Wilykat as the 'king of thieves' would be like.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#205 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8159 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:31 AM

Looks like CN quietly added the first 2 eps on their app.

I'm hearing ReBoot Guardian Code-level of disrespect to the original.

#206 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1356 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

On the one limb, it's basically a parody of the original show, but on the other hand, it's also a fun parody, so....

So far, it's come across as affectionate rather than disdainful of the source material.

:Edit: Oh, and it's using the old theme, and I've forgotten how good it is.  Neither episode used the full theme song, but I hope that it gets in somehow.

Edited by Sjogre, 11 January 2020 - 10:31 PM.

Unfortunately, fools are often planproof.

#207 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3650 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:08 AM

Seeing this, the only ThunderCats I can tolerate is Tygra and Panthero, as Tygra is basically the voice of reason and overprotective member for the group trying to tell Lion-O, who is re-written as a moron who has no idea how to lead, about the responsibilities that come with being Lord of The ThunderCats, and Panthro, despite getting overexcited over tech. is more closer to his original counterpart (and has a sense of humor, since he yanked WikyKat and WikyKit's chains with a good but of comedy).

While the designs I am not fond of the designs and I don't like the series' more comedic themes, there were a few good jokes (like with the Berbil mentioning Mumm-Ra's name).  Plus, they did get some good voice actors, some of them being veterans from Cartoon Network's past shows as well as some big names from anime and video games (like Vultureman having the same VA as Master Shake and Gazpacho, and Lion-O and WilyKat are voiced by the same guy who provides the English voice of Saitama, and Tygra and Mumm-Ra are voiced by Patrick Seitz, who we all remember as the former voice actor of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat).

While a lot of people may not like this (me included), we have to understand that like Teen Titans Go!, ThunderCats Roar is not aimed at fans of the older show.  It is mostly aimed at kids, who are the target audience for most of the shows Cartoon Network airs outside of the Adult Swim block.  So technically, despite the use of music for the classic show, kids are basically going to be the ones who will enjoy this the most (especially kids who never heard of the ThunderCats).

#208 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8960 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:01 AM

It's out?!? Must check it out right meow.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#209 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3650 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:25 AM

It's out?!? Must check it out right meow.

The first two episode have been released on the Cartoon Network app.

#210 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52337 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:57 AM

I thought it was pretty funny but Ive never been a huge fan of Thundercats in the first place.

Honestly, I found it a lot more entertaining than Cyberverse.

card-strongarm.jpg

#211 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8159 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

The first full half hour is out on On Demand also.

It was largely....there. putting aside the ugly art style, I found the use of the original music very distracting. The ending credits was genuinely charming.

However it wasn't all that funny, but I did chuckle a few times, mostly the Berbils and MummRa sitting on the Cats Lair like a throne.

I was honestly surprised the lightning gag continued beyond the initial joke and even went on to be plot relevant.

The voice cast was largely fine, Panthro being the stand out. Cheetara sounded really familiar but I didn't bother to look up IMDB.

Thu Thundercats themselves had this weird...detatched feeling. Like they were just going throught the motions. There seemed like this fixation on who was the best/coolest, not sure if thatll come back later or its just a first episode weirdness. LionO asking various things about the Mutants felt like it was trying to spoof that "Unhand her, Dan Backslide" thing that was a meme a few years back.

On a personal note, I did appreciate that Tygra is further elaborated to be a useless lump. When all the Thundercats are showing off their skills amd abilities, all he does is cheer on and become a distraction for the lightning do LionO can get closer. He was my least favorite character as a kid and I'm glad hes basically taken Snarf's role as the nagging "adult".

Ok. Saying "Thunder" a bunch of times to make the sword stupid huge did also make me laugh a bit.

Largely, I wasn't entertained, but it wasn't the hyperactive assault of stupidity I was afraid it would be. It was just Spongebob level stupidity. (Note: I have no love or nostalgia for Spongebob, this is not meant as a compliment to either). It had a tiny handful of things I did like, but not enough to make me want to keep watching. If I happen to see it live on tv I may stick around just to see if it moves away from spoofing the very specific episodes lf the G1 show.

#212 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7454 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:38 PM

I hope CN Australia decides reasonably soon that we're allowed to see this too. I'm determined to adore it. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#213 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36628 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

I... I actually don't hate this. The art style, yes. I abhor the art style... but so far... I kinda like everything else, the use of the orginal music, the stupid humor, the smart bits of humor.. It actually made me laugh. Which is Much more then TTG ever managed.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#214 K Gatzby

K Gatzby

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4777 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

I... I actually don't hate this. The art style, yes. I abhor the art style... but so far... I kinda like everything else, the use of the orginal music, the stupid humor, the smart bits of humor.. It actually made me laugh. Which is Much more then TTG ever managed.

This sums up my feelings exactly.

Signatures are overrated.

#215 Detective Fork

Detective Fork

Generic Purple Wavey Avatar

• Citizen
  • 2998 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

DIE, "ThunderCats, Roar," DIE.

Edited by Detective Fork, 07 February 2020 - 11:06 PM.

#216 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66850 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:16 AM

ACItEK8.png

#217 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26198 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:26 AM

As much as I want to hate so much about this show conceptually...in implementation, I can't help but really appreciate it.

First off, the animation...as much as the art style is not what I'm into and gives me cringey feels...they do a LOT of work to make it way more dynamic than TTG.

Also, as much as people are saying this show is not made for fans of the original show...it is totally full of stuff made for fans of the original show...but only those that aren't beholden to the way the original show was done.

And to be honest, the original show was amazing in concept, but I remember being a weird show in execution even as a kid. It's really only good with forgiving nostalgia glasses on.

The use of the original scoring unchanged is somehow put to better use than it was the first time around. There are fresh takes on characters, but they really zoning in tight on key elements. Lion-O is a ridiculous man-child...but in the original series, he literally was a man-child. He's not a stupid jerk, just because that's what cartoon protagonists are like these days. It's TOTALLY justified.

Tygra is a second tier straight arrow jerk with a stick up his butt. He's continues the evolution of Tygra from the reboot series.

And ohmigosh the freakin' Berbils. Those are THE BERBILS! They barely had to adjust anything. All they really did was lean into how ridiculous they already were, to brilliant comedic effect.

This show is totally made for fans, but only the ones that are willing to let go and lean into the stupidity.

If you're not that type of fan, and that's not what you want. Understood. No judgements. But that won't stop me from enjoying the heck out of it!

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#218 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52337 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:04 PM

Hmmm

Im all about that level of pettiness.

card-strongarm.jpg

#219 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5760 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:23 PM

*watches the crossover clip*

Wait a sec!  The last couple seconds of that has the skeletal remains of Panthro?  What the heck!?

I know the original VA for Panthro died a few years back, but showing Panthro dead in that clip feels disrespectful.

#220 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60118 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 17 March 2020 - 03:27 PM

No.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users