Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

@  CORVUS : (18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM)

Hook up your sprinkler system to a canister of healthy organic carrot-juice. The kids won't be able to get off your lawn fast enough.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 03:59 PM)

Just use the hose.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 03:52 PM)

Ask bing. It'll be a FAR more effective answer.

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Google, how do I get those durned kids off my lawn?

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Please ignore.  Old man here apparently doesn't know the difference between the "Search" field and the "Shoutbox" field.

Also doesn't know how to delete from the shoutbox

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 07:33 AM)

Huhn. Penny arcade was right, the division 2 is literally 3 dollars...

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 11:05 PM)

Oh, Wicked Cool Toys got the Halo toy license. This is a big year for Jazwares

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 07:02 PM)

iTunes/Apple TV has the complete Cowboy Bebop series for just $5!

@  fourteenwings : (17 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

The Samsung Galaxy B-TOOM!

@  Paladin : (16 February 2020 - 07:20 PM)

business is booming.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2020 - 06:49 PM)

SAmsung has you covered. Exploding phones.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Modern problems require modern solutions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Japan seems to have a tradition of murder things where cellphones facilitate the killing instead. Like King's Game and Doubt.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 05:17 PM)

Or there's just conveniently no reception, or all of their phones are dead at the same time. Or they're just stupid and forget about them.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 04:41 PM)

Now the slasher villain has to go and knock over the nearest cell tower before butchering horny teenagers.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 03:54 PM)

Think of all the horror and mystery movies that involve the bad guys cutting the phone line. Now think about how many people don't even have a land line to cut anymore.

@  Telly : (16 February 2020 - 03:47 PM)

its like that scene in commando. the bad guy has to get to a phone to call the big bad to tell him arnold isnt on the plane. that wouldnt happen today

@  Rycochet : (16 February 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Watching early episodes of the x-files will make you feel super old once you start to notice the techology they use, and the technology they lack.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 February 2020 - 01:00 PM)

This guy.

@  Roddie Luver : (15 February 2020 - 10:55 PM)

Hey

@  Kalidor : (14 February 2020 - 03:01 PM)

The ones that get me are the "Uploaded 12 years ago" ones

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 02:49 PM)

Makes you feel old, don't it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 February 2020 - 02:38 PM)

While browsing Youtube vids I read these comments: 'The X Files is such an underrated show' and another 'Brent Spiner is a underrated actor' I want to punch something.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:16 PM)

Besides: cupid freaks me out. "Find someone to love, or I'll SHOOT YOU".

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 12:11 PM)

It's just the day before Cheap Chocolate Day.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Meh, just more game time.

Photo
- - - - -

Thundercats Roar! New comedy from Cartoon Network.

214 replies to this topic

#201 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8108 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

LionO hooking up with older WilyKit is a bit *cough cough* yyyeeeaahhhh....

#202 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5728 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

I know LionO was really young in the 2011 series (perhaps in his late teens), but just how old was he compared to Wilykit?  I'm sure it was mentioned at some point, but I just don't remember.

#203 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8443 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

It's nice to see show staff show clearly lay out their plans and ideas for the season they never got made, instead of just giving coy "oh well that's a secret but it'd totally have been cool if we had that next season REALLY" answers.

Edited by Blot, 30 May 2018 - 06:35 PM.

#204 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:37 AM

LionO hooking up with older WilyKit is a bit *cough cough* yyyeeeaahhhh....

I think their age would match up somehow? The info says Lion-O goes away for training and comes back all buffed Conan style but ten years pass so Wilykit has grown up. Dunno how long the training took tho.

I would have wanted to see Bengali as a kid. They'd probably give him his own playmates as the new Thunderkittens. Also how Tygra and Cheetarah look as parents.

I would have liked to see what Wilykat as the 'king of thieves' would be like.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#205 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8108 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:31 AM

Looks like CN quietly added the first 2 eps on their app.

I'm hearing ReBoot Guardian Code-level of disrespect to the original.

#206 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1350 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

On the one limb, it's basically a parody of the original show, but on the other hand, it's also a fun parody, so....

So far, it's come across as affectionate rather than disdainful of the source material.

:Edit: Oh, and it's using the old theme, and I've forgotten how good it is.  Neither episode used the full theme song, but I hope that it gets in somehow.

Edited by Sjogre, 11 January 2020 - 10:31 PM.

Unfortunately, fools are often planproof.

#207 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3634 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:08 AM

Seeing this, the only ThunderCats I can tolerate is Tygra and Panthero, as Tygra is basically the voice of reason and overprotective member for the group trying to tell Lion-O, who is re-written as a moron who has no idea how to lead, about the responsibilities that come with being Lord of The ThunderCats, and Panthro, despite getting overexcited over tech. is more closer to his original counterpart (and has a sense of humor, since he yanked WikyKat and WikyKit's chains with a good but of comedy).

While the designs I am not fond of the designs and I don't like the series' more comedic themes, there were a few good jokes (like with the Berbil mentioning Mumm-Ra's name).  Plus, they did get some good voice actors, some of them being veterans from Cartoon Network's past shows as well as some big names from anime and video games (like Vultureman having the same VA as Master Shake and Gazpacho, and Lion-O and WilyKat are voiced by the same guy who provides the English voice of Saitama, and Tygra and Mumm-Ra are voiced by Patrick Seitz, who we all remember as the former voice actor of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat).

While a lot of people may not like this (me included), we have to understand that like Teen Titans Go!, ThunderCats Roar is not aimed at fans of the older show.  It is mostly aimed at kids, who are the target audience for most of the shows Cartoon Network airs outside of the Adult Swim block.  So technically, despite the use of music for the classic show, kids are basically going to be the ones who will enjoy this the most (especially kids who never heard of the ThunderCats).

#208 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:01 AM

It's out?!? Must check it out right meow.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#209 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3634 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:25 AM

It's out?!? Must check it out right meow.

The first two episode have been released on the Cartoon Network app.

#210 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52236 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:57 AM

I thought it was pretty funny but Ive never been a huge fan of Thundercats in the first place.

Honestly, I found it a lot more entertaining than Cyberverse.

card-strongarm.jpg

#211 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8108 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

The first full half hour is out on On Demand also.

It was largely....there. putting aside the ugly art style, I found the use of the original music very distracting. The ending credits was genuinely charming.

However it wasn't all that funny, but I did chuckle a few times, mostly the Berbils and MummRa sitting on the Cats Lair like a throne.

I was honestly surprised the lightning gag continued beyond the initial joke and even went on to be plot relevant.

The voice cast was largely fine, Panthro being the stand out. Cheetara sounded really familiar but I didn't bother to look up IMDB.

Thu Thundercats themselves had this weird...detatched feeling. Like they were just going throught the motions. There seemed like this fixation on who was the best/coolest, not sure if thatll come back later or its just a first episode weirdness. LionO asking various things about the Mutants felt like it was trying to spoof that "Unhand her, Dan Backslide" thing that was a meme a few years back.

On a personal note, I did appreciate that Tygra is further elaborated to be a useless lump. When all the Thundercats are showing off their skills amd abilities, all he does is cheer on and become a distraction for the lightning do LionO can get closer. He was my least favorite character as a kid and I'm glad hes basically taken Snarf's role as the nagging "adult".

Ok. Saying "Thunder" a bunch of times to make the sword stupid huge did also make me laugh a bit.

Largely, I wasn't entertained, but it wasn't the hyperactive assault of stupidity I was afraid it would be. It was just Spongebob level stupidity. (Note: I have no love or nostalgia for Spongebob, this is not meant as a compliment to either). It had a tiny handful of things I did like, but not enough to make me want to keep watching. If I happen to see it live on tv I may stick around just to see if it moves away from spoofing the very specific episodes lf the G1 show.

#212 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7410 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:38 PM

I hope CN Australia decides reasonably soon that we're allowed to see this too. I'm determined to adore it. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#213 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36574 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

I... I actually don't hate this. The art style, yes. I abhor the art style... but so far... I kinda like everything else, the use of the orginal music, the stupid humor, the smart bits of humor.. It actually made me laugh. Which is Much more then TTG ever managed.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#214 K Gatzby

K Gatzby

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4775 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

I... I actually don't hate this. The art style, yes. I abhor the art style... but so far... I kinda like everything else, the use of the orginal music, the stupid humor, the smart bits of humor.. It actually made me laugh. Which is Much more then TTG ever managed.

This sums up my feelings exactly.

Signatures are overrated.

#215 Detective Fork

Detective Fork

Generic Purple Wavey Avatar

• Citizen
  • 2998 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

DIE, "ThunderCats, Roar," DIE.

Edited by Detective Fork, 07 February 2020 - 11:06 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users