Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

Not necessarily. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

Photo

Batwoman / Kate Kane to get potential Arrowverse series

80 replies to this topic

#61 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9331 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

Official Twitter account:

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#62 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27650 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:12 AM

Still think she needs to comb back the frontal hair of that wig. That kind of thing can be a liability.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#63 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64635 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

I hope it's a good show.  I'm burnt out on anything to do with Gotham City after well, Gotham.

Kind of ruined it for me.  Just like the upcoming Pennyworth TV series.

ACItEK8.png

#64 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9331 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

Expanded view via official YouTube upload:

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 09 May 2019 - 09:35 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#65 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9092 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:49 PM

I find myself wishing that they would do a version of Batwoman where there was never a Batman.  So she could just be the hero without having another hero lingering over her, out of sight until they decide to finally bring him in for a little while.  Alas, it is not to be.

#66 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11721 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:25 PM

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#67 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12756 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:18 PM

"Batman gave up on us." Yay, make out that Batman abandons Gotham. 'Sigh'

The final line though. I know the "i'm not about let a man take credit for a womans work." is probably meant to be funny, but it just made me roll my eyes. And Kate just finds the Batcave?

fslookup.jpg

#68 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

I was wondering how long it would take someone to steal the "her(o)" bit from the Captain Marvel trailer.

I really hope her sidekick is more like Alfred, and less like Felicity/Cisco/Winn/Brainy.  Batpersons don't need a "guy in a chair".

Really surprised they're launching the show in the fall, I still think it makes more sense to do it after Crisis, but that's just me....

#69 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10514 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:50 PM

I was wondering how long it would take someone to steal the "her(o)" bit from the Captain Marvel trailer.

I really hope her sidekick is more like Alfred, and less like Felicity/Cisco/Winn/Brainy.  Batpersons don't need a "guy in a chair".

Really surprised they're launching the show in the fall, I still think it makes more sense to do it after Crisis, but that's just me....

Weren't they planning it as the mid season replacement for Arrow's short/final season?

#70 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1159 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:18 PM

Batpeople invented the "guy in a chair" in a DC superhero context that every one of the CW shows has done a waterdown derivation of.  And it was a vital and important part of the Batfamily for 22 years before DC decided to shit itself.  And Kate had a guy in the chair for a solid decade until Tynion decided to shit on that. You're more than a little offbase.

LOOKDOWN.png

#71 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3084 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

I'm not really feeling this, it kind of feels wrong on many levels, starting with the fact Batman has abandoned Gotham along with Bruce Wane, it feels completely out of character for both of them. Finding the Batcave under the Wane building, is another wrong because its something city planners would of taken note of, a mysterious large cave but then in the Dark Knight film, Bruce's base as Batman is in a shipping yard and one could ask how the heck did that go unnoticed? Generally, I'm not really feeling this as a series and its raising more questions than it should, like when did Bruce have a cousin and after the death of his parents, he should of been put with his uncle/aunt cusody instead of his Butler? I might be overthinking a lot of this and I'm not someone who reads comics but from what I understand of things related to Batman family wise, he has no blood relatives that are older than Bruce, he has his son thanks to Talia al Ghul and her father and then he also adopted a few kids who all become Robins.

This series is already questionable at best, the trailer is ok in someways but the way they use words and promote the fact its a female, feels more like it will rub people the wrong way and turn others off, I wasn't exactly impressed by the actresses during the resent crossover event, but then that event was rather rubbish and felt like they were trying for a back door pilot to Batwoman than anything else, just establish Gotham city all of a sudden, why I prefered the previous Crossover which was better written and didn't need to stall their respected series plots for the crossover as the resent one did.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'll bother with this series, I got this feeling it will go downhill as the first season progresses as its unlikely to attracted many new viewers and could just drive people way.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#72 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:34 PM

My ideal of Batman is someone who's greatest power is his mind, who knows everything he needs to handle any situation, and quickly figures out anything he doesn't know.  He rarely needs to be told what to do or need someone to hack obstacles away for him.

I understand that's just one of many different interpretations of Batman, and Batwoman can do things her own way, but my main concern is this show not having the same setup that we've had 3 times already.  That's just my opinion, I'm not going to pick a fight over it.

#73 Dessl0ck

Dessl0ck
  • Citizen
  • 691 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

I'm not really feeling this, it kind of feels wrong on many levels, starting with the fact Batman has abandoned Gotham along with Bruce Wane, it feels completely out of character for both of them. Finding the Batcave under the Wane building, is another wrong because its something city planners would of taken note of, a mysterious large cave but then in the Dark Knight film, Bruce's base as Batman is in a shipping yard and one could ask how the heck did that go unnoticed? Generally, I'm not really feeling this as a series and its raising more questions than it should, like when did Bruce have a cousin and after the death of his parents, he should of been put with his uncle/aunt cusody instead of his Butler? I might be overthinking a lot of this and I'm not someone who reads comics but from what I understand of things related to Batman family wise, he has no blood relatives that are older than Bruce, he has his son thanks to Talia al Ghul and her father and then he also adopted a few kids who all become Robins.

This series is already questionable at best, the trailer is ok in someways but the way they use words and promote the fact its a female, feels more like it will rub people the wrong way and turn others off, I wasn't exactly impressed by the actresses during the resent crossover event, but then that event was rather rubbish and felt like they were trying for a back door pilot to Batwoman than anything else, just establish Gotham city all of a sudden, why I prefered the previous Crossover which was better written and didn't need to stall their respected series plots for the crossover as the resent one did.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'll bother with this series, I got this feeling it will go downhill as the first season progresses as its unlikely to attracted many new viewers and could just drive people way.

Comics don't make any sense if you think about them. So far Ruby's done a great portrayal of Kate in what we've seen of her. If it's not your thing, no harm in not watching it, I however think it will garner a Bat-ton of new viewers as well as the regular CW-verse fans.

Edited by Dessl0ck, 19 May 2019 - 08:44 AM.

The Once and Future Leader

#74 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10514 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:00 AM

Ruby and Melissa already have established a pretty good on screen chemistry too, so I hope they get to do a bunch of visits with each other.

My only fear is that like the Supergirl show has done, they'll use Bruce's enemies instead of Kate's.

Edited by Glenn, 17 May 2019 - 08:00 AM.

#75 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8373 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

What a cringe trailer.

Batman abandons Gotham. They couldn't be like "he's gone missing" or "he died or was captured" They just decided he said screw it.

Is it just to justify Kate's attitude towards batman? I mean the back and forth about the suit and her line at the end just don't really make sense unless were supposed to hate batman in this. I mean they don't really make sense anyways.. Kate is basically just taking the equipment and credit that someone else built before her and then takes exception to that person getting credit. It's just kinda.. what?

Maybe it will be better than the trailer lets one. Maybe it's just outrage marketing. But that won't make the trailer any less terrible.

#76 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3084 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:05 PM

Ruby and Melissa already have established a pretty good on screen chemistry too, so I hope they get to do a bunch of visits with each other.

My only fear is that like the Supergirl show has done, they'll use Bruce's enemies instead of Kate's.

They'll likely plough through all of Kate's enemies and then evenly bring in the Joker before having him upstaged by his on and off love interst, Harley Quinn, just for the sake of having a strong woman.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#77 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27551 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

Damn dude.  Can't even stow it for one post eh?

xC9l3eY.gif

#78 Clutch

Clutch
  • Citizen
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:32 AM

I don't see much reason for people to immediately take "Batman gave up on us" at face value. Batman not being present because Bruce Wayne was busy/hurt/presumed dead/captured and people in Gotham assuming the most cynical take is absolutely nothing new (though in fairness, neither would Bruce not wanting to be Batman anymore).

Mostly what I hope is that the red wig ensemble she takes on so that people don't credit all her deeds to Batman is a fairly early development; I'm thoroughly worn out by TV/streaming superheroes taking entire seasons or more to wear costumes that resemble their comic counterparts, and we already know what Kate's looks like thanks to Elseworlds and the teasers.

Edited by Clutch, 18 May 2019 - 10:37 AM.

#79 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6070 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

I chuckled at the "I'm a woman and here I come" song. This is the singular note of the trailer, over and over again, and then to have it in song form.... oh gosh. It's like if someone heard "Now You're A Man" from Orgazmo and instead of realizing it was tongue in cheek said  "Yeah, we need one of those for the ladies." How did Ripley and Sarah Connor manage to be bad ass female characters without their own theme songs letting audiences know they were in fact bad ass women?

It also looks kinda low budget. Is that just normal with CW shows? Only one I've seen in the last ten years was The 100 and that managed decent sci-fi/post-apocalyptic settings and effects, but maybe that was an outlier. I don't think it helps that the villain of the trailer (season?) is some cheap Mad Hatter knock off instead of the man himself. It makes perfect sense to come out of the gate with a villain unique to Kane instead of just running through Batman's rogue gallery, but if all they could come up with was so derivative of another existing villain why not just use that villain?

Tangent #521: Crows? CROWS? Game of Thrones is one of the most hyped shows in the last several years and you're going to calls a prominent group Crows? I mean I guess if that was from the comics maybe it's best to stick to the source material...

Edited by Teufel, 18 May 2019 - 09:12 PM.

#80 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1159 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

It also looks kinda low budget. Is that just normal with CW shows? Only one I've seen in the last ten years was The 100 and that managed decent sci-fi/post-apocalyptic settings and effects, but maybe that was an outlier. I don't think it helps that the villain of the trailer (season?) is some cheap Mad Hatter knock off instead of the man himself. It makes perfect sense to come out of the gate with a villain unique to Kane instead of just running through Batman's rogue gallery, but if all they could come up with was so derivative of another existing villain why not just use that villain?

Yes, CW shows look like shit. You're way off base on the villain though. Alice is nothing like Hatter and nowhere near derivative of him, Kate's most prominent villain, and a crucial part of her origins. If they left her twin sister out of the show it would be even worse than it likely already will be.
LOOKDOWN.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users