Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 02:39 PM)

@TheMightyMollusk Thanks for clarifying.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 12:34 PM)

@Otaku, most people were oblivious. The smart ones did their emergency shopping the day before, so there wasn't much left anyway.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 09:37 AM)

@wonko Only happened a few times and I don't remember the exact details, but yeah.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 08:06 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Is that really the same thing? I mean, it is if the people were casually shopping and oblivious to the danger to them or the employees of the store, but if they were desperately trying to get needed supplies themselves... or am I just supposed to be smart enough to know you wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't the former? >_<

@  wonko the sane? : (18 July 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Okay, what? I've had to explain why the TV wouldn't work when the power is out to children, but never to an adult in their right mind.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:44 AM)

*When I worked at the cable call center, some people wondered why their TV wouldn't work when there was an outage...

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:43 AM)

w

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 03:11 AM)

We had people still trying to shop while we were being pushed by state police to shut the store down due to flooding. The police finally had to help herd them out.

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Or working for an airline and people complaining about not being able to take off in severe weather, and expecting us to know when the bad weather will end. *points at window*

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:34 PM)

Outages/fire alarms are fun when you work retail and people complain that they can't keep shopping.

@  Echowarrior : (17 July 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Outages occasionally happened at the fulfillment center I used to work at. Never fun.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

Apparently the early shift (i.e. those who didn't participate in the walkout) were sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for power to return, while the late shift couldn't even enter the building.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 04:18 PM)

Oh, wow. I thought the news about the website outtage would have been the topper, but that pretty much wins.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

Whoopsie.

First the union called for a two-day strike yesterday, and then today the entire city where the Amazon warehouse I work at is located apparently had a power outage.

So,uh. Seems like Amazon's Prime Day really didn't go well this year.

@  unluckiness : (17 July 2018 - 09:55 AM)

It wasn't just blander and more polite bacon like I was expecting

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 July 2018 - 09:51 AM)

Canadian bacon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 09:15 AM)

And the even more important question is: is that ballpit deep enough to conceal a body... what?

@  unluckiness : (17 July 2018 - 05:35 AM)

THe more important question is if they have a ball pit

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 July 2018 - 10:18 PM)

How many attendees on average does TFcon get? And how about TFNation?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 06:31 PM)

I stopped reading it.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 06:04 PM)

If talking about it here is all it takes to get you, why hasn't the oreo thread killed you yet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. Of your stomach.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

Hey man, how you deal with yo problems is yo bidness.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 04:08 PM)

I did no such thing! I am innocent of the pop tart corruption!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 02:57 PM)

You guys made me buy cinnamon roll Pop Tarts today.

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:38 PM)

@D Immortalis Just fill the bag with air first and pop that? XP Oh, and you won't like that I grew up microwaving them more often than actually toasting. ;)

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:37 PM)

@MEDdMI Yeah, the even more artificial flavors like S'more are the ones that usually taste good cold. There exceptions... I think it was Sugar Cookie that needed to be toasted...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 02:19 PM)

And.. Amazon is borked.

@  Donocropolis : (16 July 2018 - 05:55 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw - Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered him and P/CP

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Repugnus up

@  Paladin : (15 July 2018 - 07:41 PM)

or add peanut butter.

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 07:33 PM)

Nuke them enough in the microwave....?

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 06:43 PM)

if po tarts dont POP then they become a lie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 05:10 PM)

I typically just went for the traditional flavours... I think mostly Rasberry or Strawberry. I'll have to pick up a box next time I'm out

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

@Otaku I've tried that too with a few of them. I liked the soda flavored ones they had. Too bad they were limited. :(

@  Otaku : (15 July 2018 - 03:48 PM)

@D Immortalis Most Pop-Tarts I like are better eaten frozen... and the only reason I started doing that is because Pop-Tarts commercials told me to try them that way. XD

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 03:03 PM)

woohoo, just got my tickets to see From Ashes To New and Hollywood Undead on the 26th!

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 10:07 AM)

oh wow Jazz has heel spurs.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 July 2018 - 06:32 AM)

That's basically what happened to me. I was on that aisle for completely other reasons, caught sight of them in my peripheral, and then... just couldn't stop thinking about them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 02:47 AM)

Hungry for pop tarts now - haven't had those in years

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

anyone that doesnt put theit pop tarts in a toaster is a heretic.

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

Do they still make the cinnamon-brown sugar ones?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:03 PM)

Yup. And?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 08:29 PM)

Aren't Pop Tarts like, totally junk for you by the definition of the word?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Four IS standard... but it's been so long I had forgotten.

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 July 2018 - 07:29 PM)

Bah, wonko, I remember when 4 was STANDARD

@  Paladin : (14 July 2018 - 04:10 PM)

https://twitter.com/NickRoche/status/1018234094310879234 people suck...

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 01:10 PM)

Me: opening a box of pop tarts. "Oh my god! There's FOUR in here?!?! Score!"

Photo
- - - - -

Macromasters by Don Figueroa

27 replies to this topic

#1 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 7066 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

I have heard of this evidently-somewhat renowned fan comic series by Don Figueroa via the TFWiki, but I know no other details of it. Does anyone here remember any further context of Macromasters and is it online anywhere? All I can find of it is this set of images on someone else's DeviantArt.

https://hansime.devi...-s-Macromasters

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 15 May 2018 - 10:49 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#2 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 38527 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

That set of images is more than I remember about it, so I can't help you there.

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25259 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

I might have an old downloaded copy on my external hard drive.  I'll have to check and see.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25259 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

Just checked. What I have is a .cbr file containing 52 pages that are all in black-and-white, as opposed to the colored pages seen in that DeviantArt gallery, so some of the art detail seen only in the colored version is lost in the black-and-white version that I have.

What's more is that the first page of my copy is not the cover page with Megatron's head, but the first story page instead.

Edited by Sabrblade, 15 May 2018 - 11:14 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16091 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:43 PM

I had all of these saved forever ago but that computer is in worse shape than Megatron there.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#6 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 16266 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:28 AM

I never read the comic, I just remember the scratch-built city-formers he made in his garage, some of which were as tall as an adult human when in robot mode....

---Dave

Edited by Dvandom, 16 May 2018 - 12:29 AM.

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#7 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7207 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:04 AM

Im sure ive still got most of them too. I downloaded them ages ago. Ill check for sure when im on my laptop again (on phone now). Maybe me and sabrblade can compare notes on what we have
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#8 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46572 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:34 AM

Yeah, he took down the website when he started talking with Hasbro IIRC and I remember a few efforts to maintain some of the files elsewhere but nothing complete. Both of the comics and of the customs.

Like Sabrblade, I do not remember ever seeing the color pages on his website, only the black and white. And the big draw for me wasn't the comic, but the customs, which were a mix of kitbashes of KOs, scratchbuilt figures at a somewhat larger scale than typical TF figures including a combiner or two, and a couple of really big dudes. For instance, Grimlock (the first to have the faceplate teeth) was a kitbash, while Jetfire (which became the WW design and had the Gundamesque shield cockpit) was a scratch build. All the scratchbuilt figures were made of cut plexiglass and ended up with a very particular chunky aesthetic that influenced WW. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 16 May 2018 - 03:35 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#9 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46572 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:01 AM

It's super slow and the full-size images aren't preserved, but a very janky rehost of the contents of the original site lived long enough to get into the Wayback Machine.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 16 May 2018 - 05:02 AM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#10 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 9745 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

I read it at the time but never saved it anywhere.  I talked with him several times about his engineering on the figures and how he managed some of the transformation features.  He is a great guy and really personable.

Copper is right about him taking the site down when he was in communication with Hasbro for fear of I.P. questions.

#11 Dracula

Dracula

IS DEAD NOW

• Retired Staff
  • 4419 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, I was only aware of the custom toys, which I always thought were amazing.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#12 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 7066 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:08 AM

In which year did Macromasters debut, anyway?

Just checked. What I have is a .cbr file containing 52 pages that are all in black-and-white, as opposed to the colored pages seen in that DeviantArt gallery, so some of the art detail seen only in the colored version is lost in the black-and-white version that I have.

What's more is that the first page of my copy is not the cover page with Megatron's head, but the first story page instead.

Im sure ive still got most of them too. I downloaded them ages ago. Ill check for sure when im on my laptop again (on phone now). Maybe me and sabrblade can compare notes on what we have

Oh please do! See if it's more or less than what has survived on the Internet Archive.

It's super slow and the full-size images aren't preserved, but a very janky rehost of the contents of the original site lived long enough to get into the Wayback Machine.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 16 May 2018 - 10:09 AM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#13 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37401 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:33 AM

The original versions were just black and white, I believe.

In which year did Macromasters debut, anyway?

1999 or 2000, thereabouts, I believe.  I think it was made directly out of G1 nostalgia while Beast Machines was on, if I recall correctly.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#14 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46572 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, it was a long-term project and those RiD or CR toys in the comparison photos are new. 

#15 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25259 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Looks like my copy is just the contents of Issues 1-4. No Issue 5.

Though, my copy also seems to be missing the first page of Issue 4 for some reason.

Edited by Sabrblade, 16 May 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#16 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7207 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

i have the ones on deviantart, but the coloring is different on mine. they match the ones on the way back machine, so i assume he recolored them when they were printed

as for the rest, ive got em all :) at least i think i do. ive got a total of 68 pages (which matches the way back machine, and that number doesnt include the cover but i have it as well). i dont know how many he did, but i know it wasnt a lot. i can zoom in on them and they hold their resolution, so i guess theyre good copies

#17 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37401 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

These were printed?

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#18 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7207 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

from the deviantart link:

The cover was made for a small TF convention in Texas where the first issue was published.

Edited by Telly, 16 May 2018 - 12:26 PM.

#19 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 7066 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:26 PM

These were printed?

The description on DeviantArt indicates that at least issue #1 was printed with its own exclusive cover for some fan convention.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#20 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2160 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

I was amazed by Macromasters when I first saw it! I mean, some guy was making cool and new gigantic transformers AND making a comic about them? Lol

Some of those physical toys he made still look really cool.

Also can Hasbro pleeeeaaase use “Monstrocity” as an official name for a titan!? It’s so good
Looking for Combiner Hunters Chromia and Arcee! If you can help plz pm me

My Amazon wish list~! http://a.co/4lE2Xrw

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users