Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 09:20 AM)

Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man because it was mostly set far away from Earth?

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 September 2020 - 08:49 AM)

I'm learning so much-

@  Maruten : (18 September 2020 - 04:21 AM)

At its worst it was better than MASK, sure.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 02:15 AM)

At it's worst it still stomped all over the failed Hasbroverse. Roberts and Roche kept their respective series well out of that one for the same reasons Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man when Loeb and Miller wanted greater control for Ultimatum.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2020 - 06:37 PM)

That's so accurate it's physically painful.

Photo
- - - - -

Vintage G1 reissue line

770 replies to this topic

#701 ThunderWear

ThunderWear

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 1281 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:50 PM

I managed to see the cassettes once last year and happened when I had zero toy funds. I'm hoping they come back at least on the website sometime this year.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#702 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3287 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:45 AM

Brickseek says my local store has him for $39.98. Relatively tempted by that price. I sold my G1 Astrotrain years ago and would like to get the mold back again.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#703 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3287 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

Well visited the store, didnt see any on the shelf. Asked a nearby clerk to put it into their handheld to verify if they had any in back. First they gave me the classic lie everything we have is on the shelf.

Then they told me the website is often wrong and you cant trust its inventory numbers. I asked her again to put it in to the handheld and they got super annoyed with me.

tl;dr: I didnt come home with an Astrotrain
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#704 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67801 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:44 PM

I had a similar experience at the first store I went to. If it's not on the shelf, almost no Walmart employee will go back to get it. I bet that the store had some, just in the stockroom.

ACItEK8.png

#705 ThunderWear

ThunderWear

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 1281 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, I worked at walmart for some time and can read the handhelds quickly.  I've had employees tell me something (non-toy related) was out of stock while holding their scanners where I could clearly see they had X amount left and in Bin Y in the back, but they didn't want to put in the extra effort  Retail sucks, so I don't truly blame them, but I also know I put enough effort into my retail job I got promoted, used that money to go back to school, and currently have no money again as I'm in a fulltime healthcare masters program.

Granted, that extra effort was sometimes rewarding, sometimes not with a huge heaping dose of luck on my part.  So I can imagine a tired, overworked retail employee being burned too many times for trying to be good at their job not wanting to go fetch a plastic container from the back for some weird nerd like me.

And that's assuming the person who binned the stock even did it properly.  Nothing quite as much fun as looking for something your ZM wants put out but the person who binned it put it someplace completely different than where they scanned.

Edited by ThunderWear, 11 January 2020 - 11:02 PM.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#706 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18150 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:15 PM

My knock-off "Cassette-Man" I've had since 1984 and my actual real Walmart G1 Soundwave that just arrived in the mail. Given his less than official status Cassette-Man has held up pretty well.

A94E02C3-6325-4B1F-A651-E51FC45A5DEC.jpeg

-ZacWilliam, tape deck buttons are noticeably larger. Holdover from Soundblaster?
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#707 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

My knock-off "Cassette-Man" I've had since 1984 and my actual real Walmart G1 Soundwave that just arrived in the mail. Given his less than official status Cassette-Man has held up pretty well.

attachicon.gifA94E02C3-6325-4B1F-A651-E51FC45A5DEC.jpeg

-ZacWilliam, tape deck buttons are noticeably larger. Holdover from Soundblaster?

Every version of reissue Soundwave has had the mono-button on the front.  We know that Soundwave was a lost mold and Takara had to recast it, so the scuttlebutt is that they cast it off of Soundblaster with a single and double cassette door built into the new molds.  I don't know that's ever been confirmed, exactly, but it's pretty plausible.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#708 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13595 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:07 PM

attachicon.gifA94E02C3-6325-4B1F-A651-E51FC45A5DEC.jpeg

Every version of reissue Soundwave has had the mono-button on the front.  We know that Soundwave was a lost mold and Takara had to recast it, so the scuttlebutt is that they cast it off of Soundblaster with a single and double cassette door built into the new molds.  I don't know that's ever been confirmed, exactly, but it's pretty plausible.

Takara retooled Soundwave to have the monobutton and the external hinge as early as 1986, a year before they released Soundblaster. Presumably, the original Microchange-based tooling was depleted beyond repair by that point, and for some reason, when they recast it, they decided to make those modifications. That 1986 running change version of Soundwave was then used as the basis for both Soundblaster and all subsequent Soundwave reissues.

Soundwave_Monobutton_1.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_2.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_3.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_4.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_5.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_6.jpg Soundwave_Monobutton_7.jpg Soundwave_Monobutton_8.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_9.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_10.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_11.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_12.jpg  Soundwave_Monobutton_13.jpg  

Edited by Nevermore, 15 January 2020 - 07:11 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#709 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7920 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:26 PM

What do we know if confirmed for the future of the line?  Blaster and guessing some cassettes?  Anybody else?  Rumors?

#710 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31038 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:08 AM

What do we know if confirmed for the future of the line?  Blaster and guessing some cassettes?  Anybody else?  Rumors?

IIRC, Astrotrain is the latest we know about.

Edited by Sabrblade, 16 January 2020 - 12:08 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#711 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13595 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:10 AM

There's a rumor about a Zauru/Dairu/Rumble 3-pack.

https://www.facebook...98524280167753/

Also an "Optimus Prime 1986" listing.

https://news.tfw2005...berverse-385828

Edited by Nevermore, 16 January 2020 - 06:14 AM.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#712 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3287 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

So Zombie Optimus. Cool.

#713 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:48 AM

Or just a weirdly named Powermaster Optimus, since that mold still exists.

#714 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42562 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:07 AM

Or the Ultra Magnus cab without the trailer... 🤔

#715 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

I would enjoy it if they pulled a curve ball and this was a stealth Powered Convoy release.  They won't, but I'd like to imagine.

#716 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67801 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:55 AM

I would enjoy it if they pulled a curve ball and this was a stealth Powered Convoy release.  They won't, but I'd like to imagine.

spider-man-stealth-suit__gallery_5d0d2fde9b58b.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#717 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3287 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

Well, the store who didnt have any in stock last week had one on the shelf today. $39.97

Now they have none.

#718 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 896 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

There was a Facebook poll last year between Blaster and Skywarp which Blaster won, so we're presumably getting him.

#719 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14533 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:16 AM

attachicon.gifspider-man-stealth-suit__gallery_5d0d2fde9b58b.jpg

I was looking for the purple in the Skywarp cosplay and realized this was just stealth

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#720 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36794 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:52 AM

I'll believe it tommorrow. I don't trust anything today.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users