Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2018 - 03:10 AM)

I just realised that Unsolved Mysteries has the same initials as Ultra Magnus.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (22 June 2018 - 05:18 AM)

Yeah, really... what a shitshow.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2018 - 04:53 AM)

This week has been an almost unmitigated damn nightmare. It can go die in some metaphorical trash fire where it belongs.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 04:48 AM)

I feel your pain.

@  Whirl Maximus : (22 June 2018 - 04:47 AM)

This time ten years ago I was looking forward to Transformers 2.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

There's room enough for five more cabinets.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Once I've settled in and earned money again, I can start with the third wall.

@  Plokatron : (21 June 2018 - 10:05 PM)

I'm still working on my comic just been trying to start up a Custom Lego shop. Won't be too long but I'm still here.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

(really though, great display)

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

you're gonna have a buildup of dinosaur electrons.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

he needs his dino-breathing room! :D

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

Trypticon looks a bit cramped in there, nevermore!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 05:54 PM)

Sad thing is we've thought more about the foam than the show writers ever did. :D

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

https://imgur.com/ky0qGVD

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

Current status of my collection room in my new, still-under-construction apartment:

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Depends on whether or not the motive engines for the vehicle mode are the same as the robot mode. Cause we know they use energon for everything.

@  Bass X0 : (21 June 2018 - 05:17 PM)

I was thinking today if Transformers would carry the fuel for their alternate mode in their robot mode? They'd have to, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 June 2018 - 01:28 PM)

I mean, the clear meta reason is so non-Transformers don't die horribly on their ships, but that's not as fun to speculate about.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 10:43 AM)

There's also lots of chemical reactions which only precipite with oxygen.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 09:27 AM)

Oxygen is obviously a native gas on cybertron and also let’s the equipment “breath” so to speak.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:47 AM)

@Wonko; Yeah, but why oxygen? There are a lot of non-flammable gasses they could've used. And we've seen TFs using radio to communicate in vacuum.

@  Robowang : (21 June 2018 - 08:29 AM)

As the Cream of Wheat glugged forth from his meatus, his mind focused on only one thing: Mommy loved him so.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 08:17 AM)

there's lots you can't do in vaccuum. The least of which is audio communication.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Though that begs the question of why a robotic species would keep their ships pressurized with oxygen in the first place.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 07:29 AM)

Guess it's just me playing FTL recently. Opening a few doors out to the void is a good way to deal with fires and rude visitors.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 07:14 AM)

Plus it depends on what part of the ship, can’t easily vent an interior area.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 06:34 AM)

depends on what's wrong. If you need to get something out and away, would also need to have started in a pressurised space to begin with. If you just want to vent extra heat: it wouldn't work as well as vaccuum is an insulator.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 03:12 AM)

If they're in space wouldn't it make more sense just to vent the area affected to vacuum?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 07:16 PM)

I mean the foam was dangerous, but in space they probably put out the fires, then wore the equivalent of a hazmat suit to clean up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Only on special occassions.

@  Paladin : (20 June 2018 - 03:50 PM)

you don't?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I mean, we don't usually use asbestos on our souls.....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM)

*looks at asbestos" Yep... Cause we've never used something harmful as a fire retardant. x.x;

@  unluckiness : (20 June 2018 - 06:32 AM)

fire retardant foam is so powerful it can extinguish even sparks

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I mean, this is a species that can be disabled (possibly fatally after a while?) by flame retardant foam, so yeah.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM)

Transformers are exactly as resilient as the plot needs them to be, so who knows, it could be lethal today.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Which is why Marvel Megatron was interested in Dr. Biggles-Jones' railgun design and had it grafted onto his G2 tank mode.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 08:43 PM)

Doesn't really matter what transformers are made of. If you send a 10 pound ball of metal flying at a good enough velocity, you will do damage.

@  Soft Snow : (19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM)

A regular cannon that shoots cannon balls and does nothing to other transformers because they are robots but would put a mean whole in the side of your wooden boat...

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:44 PM)

wtf did the shoutbox do to my emoji

also @ patchy its whatever your heart desires 😘

shes not a drill but she is a grill

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 June 2018 - 05:40 PM)

POTP CINDERSAUR IS A GIRL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 June 2018 - 05:18 PM)

A fusion cannon, or just a regular cannon?

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:04 PM)

megatron but he turns into a ford fusion with a cannon badly welded onto the roof

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM)

My Little Fusion Cannon: Friendship Through Tyranny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM)

was that supposed to sound sexual

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure that megatrons cannon is his best friend, so that friendship is magic stuff won't work.

@  MEDdMI : (19 June 2018 - 01:16 PM)

And then the magic ponies force everyone to be friends FOREVERRRRRRR

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

Photo
- - - - -

The anime opening cover thread

Music Anime Covers.

3 replies to this topic

#1 DarkeklawGW

DarkeklawGW

Slowly losing myself in a good way

• Citizen
  • 6143 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

So I posted an English cover for the Darling in the Franxx OP Kiss of Death in the Anime Recommendations thread and decided I should just start a new one. Jonathan Young's Cover of Unravel from Tokyo Ghoul

For Bella Rose Fraizer-Grant Sept 8, 2011 to Nov 26th 2011... Pop-pop will always love you!!!!

#2 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1052 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:47 AM

The official English of STORY is almost on par with the Ono Kensho version. Actually convinced me to give the show another shot (I got one whole more episode in before quitting again).

Related, they aren't English, but I do know that Harada Hitomi and Suzuki Konomi both did covers of other anime OPs/ED for their Madan no Ou to Vadanis OP/ED singles. Hitomi did First Kiss from Zero no Tsukaima and Suzuki Konomi did a cover of nano's Born to be from Mahou Sensou with nothing but a piano backing her.

Other awesome anime covers include:

• Faylan's anime cover album, which includes a bossa nova version of FLOW's DAYS from Eureka Seven
  • FLOW and Diana Garnet coming together to cover Blue Bird by Ikimonogakari from Naruto on FLOW's BEST ANIME Kiwami album.
  • ClariS' cover album, which included sakura by NIRGILIS, also from Eureka Seven
  • ELISA's cover album ANICHRO, which included a cover of Himitsu Kichi by Takada Kozue, also from Eureka Seven

I think I said earlier if they ever want to do a recut of Eureka Seven where it was down to two cours they'd only need one more cover to make it happen.

Utaite tend to do really good covers as well, but I'd really rather see more established artists coming out and doing covers. This hasn't been a big year for them in anison (it's always a big year for covers in general Japanese music), but here's hoping~

Oh my gosh how could I do such a big post without mentioning the two most covered songs in all of anison; secret base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~ (which can be heard in Kyou no Go Ni and anohana) and disillusion/THIS ILLUSION (all of the Fate/).

(Also the other covers thread is in Mayhem so maybe this should be moved there?)

Edited by fourteenwings, 14 June 2018 - 09:55 AM.

total autonomy of the look

#3 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 19675 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

I cut up a clip of Minase and Ogura (the two ViVid Strike leads) performing the Nanoha As opening.

Even as far as live performances go, I can't say the two of them are even as good as Mizuki on her own.

But I guess that's to be expected.

#4 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1052 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:32 AM

I think if Minase tried to be a good singer she could be at least 75% as good as Nana.

Ogura is really not helping.

I'm starting to think Nana as a whole is just from another time, but Uchida Yuuma is trying his dardnest to be Miyano Mamoru so maybe we just need to wait for somebody who sets their sights on being "Next Nana".

total autonomy of the look

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Anime, Covers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users