Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (19 April 2019 - 09:21 PM)

oof, yikes. Good luck.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 April 2019 - 09:18 PM)

We're in the middle of a kitchen reno and NOTHING will be done until tuesday. I could beat a four day weekend with a hammer right now if it meant I could use my stove again.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 April 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Can't beat 4 day weekends either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 April 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I prefer later shifts myself, but my 3 day weekend shift isn't bad. Nice to work without those administration busy bodies poking around.

@  Nevermore : (19 April 2019 - 04:12 AM)

Yeah, traffic is a plus as well. Rarely got any trouble getting to work on late shift (even with the neverending construction site on the highway), and when my shift is over, there's hardly any traffic at all anymore.

@  MEDdMI : (18 April 2019 - 06:27 PM)

while I don't have weekends consistently off, working 2nd shift isn't so bad. I'm more likely to do stuff before work than after (when I'm already tired). Plus no rush hour traffic

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 April 2019 - 05:03 PM)

Switching shifts constantly is never good for one's health. There was a time when I worked overnights steady for about 2 years; did wonders for my health, as well

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Don't miss early shift (and especially switching back and forth every two weeks) a bit.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Man, permanent late shift really has done wonders for my overal well-being. Never having to get up early for work, staying up late, weekends off... a ot of my coworkers think I'm crazy, but late shift is really my preferred shift.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:33 PM)

(My total lack of sleep on that day might have contributed, though.)

At noon, it was warm.

On Monday, we went on strike early in the morning, I was also wearing to jackets and gloves and my toes and fingers were freezing.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 April 2019 - 04:31 PM)

Nope, right now my days are doing that. Frigid at night (Well, just below zero, but still.) and warm enough to be always be ill prepared during the day.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:28 PM)

Today it's so warm I had to take a shower to wash off the sweat after a lengthy bike trip.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

This past Friday I was wearing two jackets and winter gloves outside and took a hot bath when I returned home.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

Is "April weather" an issue in other countries as well, or is that specifically a German phenomenon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Well, when you understand the history of the area it make sense. It's basically a series of countries buying the place, moving in, saying "we rule you people now", and the locals shrugging and responding, "okay, you have fun with that".

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2019 - 07:58 AM)

When did we all turn into Henry Higgins?

@  unluckiness : (16 April 2019 - 03:16 AM)

To be fair, most Americans can't get the hang of English, so I can understand why.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:15 AM)

(And yeah, Calliope is a Greek muse, not French, but the street was named BY the French when they took over.)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:10 AM)

In New Orleans there's a bunch of streets with French names that are pronounced by locals with a more English emphasis, for example "Calliope Street" is pronounced "CAL-lee-ope".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 11:56 PM)

I figured as much for Canadians.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 11:37 PM)

hm; whenever I've heard people talk about the school they said it the same way as the cathedral...but I guess that's in Canada, so they're probably more familiar with the cathedral than the school

@  Dracula : (15 April 2019 - 11:11 PM)

There's plenty of place names in the US like that. Around here we have an "el doh-RAY-doh," and up north there's a Cairo that's pronounced "kay-roh"

@  RichardT1977 : (15 April 2019 - 09:56 PM)

Yeah, the common pronunciation of the University is probably the reason most Americans don't pronounce the Cathedral name correctly.

@  Arazyr : (15 April 2019 - 08:03 PM)

That's my understanding of how the two are supposed to be pronounced as well.

@  Echowarrior : (15 April 2019 - 07:42 PM)

When I'm talking about the cathedral, I say "noh-treh dahme". When I talk about the university, I say "noh-ter dayme". I don't see a problem with that.

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 06:26 PM)

guessing "Hunchback" just got bumped WAY down the list for Disney's live-action remakes...

@  Patch : (15 April 2019 - 05:56 PM)

We all pronounce it wrong, so no one knows enough to care.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 05:40 PM)

It'd be odd for most Americans not to know how to pronounce Notre Dame, considering they have a University with the same name that's the subject of a relatively popular film based around a sport most Americans love

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Three or four more hours will be needed to contain the fire.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Update from France 24: the Paris Fire Brigade says two towers and the main structure of the cathedral have been saved from complete destruction.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:57 PM)

One does not have to speak French to know that rhyming with "voter name" is off the mark.

@  Locoman : (15 April 2019 - 03:51 PM)

Really? It's an international tragedy and you're zeroing in on the people who maybe don't speak French?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:44 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw I just read on BBC News that the cause is not yet clear, but officials suspect the fire could be linked to renovation work.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:42 PM)

Oh boy, here we go with the U.S.-American newscasters who can't pronounce "Notre Dame" correctly.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 April 2019 - 03:38 PM)

Too soon to say.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 April 2019 - 03:20 PM)

Do we know if it was an attack? Arson? Or just bad wiring?

@  Nevermore : (15 April 2019 - 02:10 PM)

Religion is dead?

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 02:01 PM)

major cathedral burning down on Holy Week is some kind of metaphor.

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Hard to believe a wonder of the world could just be wiped out so easily. Hopefully they can still save it

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Well, Notre Dame is burning down

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 10:05 AM)

yikes I thought the site was going to be down for a while

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:07 PM)

So, time for another strike. No sleep for me tonight. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:04 PM)

Think Game of Thrones "light" meets Cabaret and you get the idea.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:03 PM)

Kinda sorta, just with more intrigue, conspiracy, depravity, crime and violence.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 April 2019 - 06:37 PM)

So it's like a prequel to Cabaret?

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 04:02 PM)

And man, characters are smoking literally EVERYWHERE.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:27 PM)

Also, full frontal male nudity. (There's been quite a bit of female nudity since episode 1.)

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:26 PM)

Episode 6, and Hitler is randomly name-checked.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars Resistance

Star Wars Rebels Force Awakens BB-8

74 replies to this topic

#1 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 20870 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

EAD263_E6-_A219-4509-93_DB-_AFC18_B9_AB4

https://io9.gizmodo....-ser-1825546331

After Star Wars Rebels came to an end earlier this year, we knew the next chapter of Star Wars animation was close, and now we know exactly what it is. And its extremely exciting. The new chapter in Lucasfilms world is leaving behind the age of the Rebellion to tell a new saga set in the run-up to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Announced by Lucasfilm today, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Rebels producer Dave Filonis next project will be Star Wars Resistance.

Set in what is described by the company as an uncharted time frame prior to The Force Awakens, the anime-inspired Resistance will follow a young pilot named Kazuda Xiono, recruited by General Leia Organas burgeoning Resistance for a top-secret surveillance mission to survey the growing power of the First Order. The series will focus on Kazuda and a cast of ace pilots, but will also feature familiar faces from the sequel trilogy in the form of BB-8, Poe Dameron, and Captain Phasma, with both Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprising their respective roles for the series.

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 26 April 2018 - 10:30 AM.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16832 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

1) I like this idea and am interested to see the character designs.

2) I'm gonna guess Poe and Phasma are gonna be occasional cameos not regulars, but that's fine.

3) It would be nice to eventually have a Star Wars cartoon where an ambiguous, likely death wasn't hovering over the protagonists. Their Last Jedi fate is gonna be a speculation for these guys like Ahsoka and Ezra before them.

-ZacWilliam, If I were them I'd honestly jump ahead an establish it right away just to do something different this time

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 26 April 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1507 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Is that a yellow X-wing?  Or an E-Wing / X-Wing hybrid?  When do I get the Lego version?!

I'm interested in this.  Anything fleshing out "The Resistance" would be incredibly welcome, IMO.

I wonder if they'll work in the end of Rebels? How can they not do that?

~Marduk

#4 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4392 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

It doesn't surprise me that this is coming.  After Last Jedi, I was pretty much expecting an "inter-quel" series akin to Clone Wars to fill the space between TLJ and Episode 9.  It does surprise me that they are looking at the origins of the First Order and being a prequel to TFA.

I'm glad to read that it will be "anime-inspired", and hoping that will give the series a breath of fresh air, stylistically.  Even though I know it's going to be cel-shaded CG like Robots in Disguise or Tron.

Guess we know what the big push for this Christmas will be :p

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16832 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

How long does Ashoka's species live? Ezra would be a bearded old man like Luke at the point this toon is set and the two searching for him would be even older.

-ZacWilliam, I dearly want to have that plot followed up but I'd hate to see it take that long in-story for the ladies to find him. Another place seems like it'd be better.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#6 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10344 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

This looks interesting.  I'm sure I'll watcha few episodes and become completely addicted like everything else Star Wars.

#7 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11032 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

I'm excited, but I was hoping for an OT-set Rogue Squadron series.

#8 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64397 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

Interesting.

It'd be nice if the main character was a female.

I want Jessika Pava to show up.

ACItEK8.png

#9 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4392 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

"Anime-inspired" generally means it's going to look like an anime series, maybe with a bit of exaggeration in expressions.  Dreamwork's Voltron is "anime inspired".

I generally take it as meaning it's going to look like a 2D cartoon instead of the CG look Star Wars cartoons have mostly had since Clone Wars.

#10 Fenrir

Fenrir
  • Citizen
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

I assume "anime-inspired" means human-proportioned cartoon characters, not sweatdrops and speedlines.

I'm excited and ready for a new Filoni series.

#11 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38670 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

Awesome news! Although, I still need to see the last season of Rebels.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#12 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28126 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

Poe doesn't like the series premise, leads a mutiny and the show never gets past a pilot.

#13 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2988 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

mmmmmm, I want to be hopeful about this series but I am more worried than anything because the article doesn't exactly give a point in the timeline between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens and that is a big time frame, plus I do not really care for Poe as a charater, FA he just there, Last Jedi, didn't make me care much for him, or BB8, I think they should leave those charaters out of this or just give them a couple of moments but not as important, much like the original saga charaters were in rebels. Also, I didn't really like the last movie, AKA Last Jedi, that was a terrible film and it kind of killed a lot of my excitment for Star Wars, while I know the person in charge of this project did the previous two TV series, rebels was a bit of a mixed bag for me, so I'll try and keep a open mind, however I want to see actual footage of the show before judging if its worth my time or not, a logo tells me nothing about the artwork of the show.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#14 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6765 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

Too soon. Sob.

Uh, I mean... sounds great.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#15 Broadside

Broadside

Crack Calibre Laser-Blazer Broadside

• Staff
  • 10852 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

The promo images seem to be implying a cel-shaded 3D look without outlines, which I'm not sure about; think I'll have to see it in motion. Kind of reminds me of Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

"Kazuda" sounds like a feminine name, so having a female protagonist would be neat.

3nAcIwa.png

#16 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1601 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

3) It would be nice to eventually have a Star Wars cartoon where an ambiguous, likely death wasn't hovering over the protagonists. Their Last Jedi fate is gonna be a speculation for these guys like Ahsoka and Ezra before them.

I'd say this is an extremely different scenario compared to Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra. There were very specific reasons none of those characters could be around for the OT. The simple presence of another Jedi being active in the Rebellion during the OT would logically break the entire story premise of the OT. How can you have a story where the fate of the galaxy revolves around this kid struggling for years to become the first of the next generation of Jedi with little to no guidance from the virtually extinct order, when there's another guy in the office down the hall who can show him the ropes? It's not just that Yoda says he'll be the last Jedi. The entire story just doesn't work if those other characters are still in the picture. They had to be off the board by the end of Rebels, with death simply being the most clear and logical way to achieve that.

But some pilot who's part of the Resistance before TFA? How is it a problem if s/he is off on some mission at the time of TFA? Remember that TFA and TLJ combined take place over a matter of days. If a character wasn't at the Resistance HQ at the time of TFA's climax, that character simply wouldn't be part of the ST story thus far. It would be a bit of a thematical contradiction if Episode IX shows that there were really a bunch of other Resistance forces that avoided the TLJ slaughter, but a random pilot or two doesn't have any meaningful impact on the story. So as far as I can see, things are wide open for this new character.

#17 Fenrir

Fenrir
  • Citizen
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

The Resistance is understaffed, but there could still be Resistance groups out there.  The Rebel Alliance didn't hang out all in one place.  I'm not sure about the Raddus, but the other three evac ships, including Vice Admiral Holdo's ship and the A-Wing squadron, were the Resistance ships that were able to get to D'Qar in an hour's notice (or however much time passed since Starkiller).  The non-returning TFA Resistance cast members (e.g. Poe's team) are officially off on another mission.  It's not hard for Kazuda Xiono and her(?) team to still be in the Resistance, or even for them to cameo in Episode IX.

Edited by Fenrir, 28 April 2018 - 04:15 PM.

#18 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2988 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

Amazon seems to think there are going to be 7 seasons of Rebels. Guessing they were misinformed.

It could be three of the four seasons spilt into two parts and that's what they call a season and we call mid season break around the halfway point.

#19 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4392 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:28 PM

New image of the main cast, including the new main, new First Order villain (in fancy red duds), and seems to point to Phasma and Poe having significant roles in the series.  Btw, still love the Crimson Skies hero fighter design:

http://www.jeditempl...aracters-leaks/

#20 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2988 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

MMMM, I'm not really sold on this, yet, not because Last Jedi kind of drained me of my love for Star Wars but because of the shift away from the computer animation style they been using for Clone Wars and Rebels to a more anime style, so I would like to see the trailer before deciding if I should watch this show or not

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars, Rebels, Force Awakens, BB-8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users