Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Everybody Wants to Cruel the World

mey hem play by post

• Please log in to reply
1527 replies to this topic

#1521 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:04 PM

After driving north a couple of miles outside of Besseltrade and getting armored up, Friday asked the fateful question, "Where now?"
Spoiler

#1522 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14557 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

Having retracted his Cowl for the moment, Kage rubbed his chin with a gauntleted hand.

"Well, our primary target still remains the fast relocating forces of YPNR. However, is it worth risking the use of one of Ms. Greys tracer spell pages now, so that we can at least guesstimate Moscareina/Patchs location, in relation to the known Core-based fallback YPNR base?

Speaking of locations, how effective will your map system be out here Friday?"

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 08 November 2019 - 06:15 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#1523 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

Friday said, "For this area, I have have it mapped for a few miles since we've been out here. I'm limited by what I've seen and what networks are nearby. I relay information with Oracle but in the end, it just means we have the same information and gaps in that information. For instance, neither of us has a map of the Underceiling."
Spoiler

#1524 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14557 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:14 AM

"I figured as much. Well then, this journey will be as much discovering what's out here as it is anything else. Hmm. When we get back to the OPD, remind me about the Underceiling Friday. I wouldn't mind taking part in a potential exploration of what's down there. Although there is the wrinkle of Patthew Hughes and his not-exactly-legal trading going on down there. Still, the existence of an entirely upside down, mostly intact city that could stretch the entirety of the OPD, if not further...

'ahem'

Anyway, the tracer pages. Do we risk using one now. Or do we focus on YPNR for now.

Thoughts?"

Kage knew, deep down, that he would risk a page to begin there search for Patch. However, he would not push for that choice.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 08 November 2019 - 06:20 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#1525 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:28 PM

"I-I don't know. It's such a tough decision. What does everyone else think?" Friday asked, as she turned to the rest of the group.
Spoiler

#1526 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40809 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:56 AM

"Let's use one of the magic pages. Let's not fall into the trap of never using our magic trinkets because we might need them later."

"That's our friend out there. We need to find her."

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1527 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

As one of the pages was lit, the letters slowly lit up. A crude arrow made intense flames hovered above the page as the paper itself also floated in the air. The direction was north-northwest but...was also slightly pointed upward. As the remnants of the paper burned and the flaming arrow began to dim, the group now had a course to follow. Ominous clouds slowly began to gather as uncertainty loomed.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: PARTS UNKNOWN

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1528 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14819 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:55 AM

The hospital bed Harue had been in was empty. The nurses chatted and laughed among themselves, trading horror stories of one visit or another of their recurring guest.

The apartment Harue had stayed in was also empty. The apartment was in worse condition, scorch marks on the walls and ceilings, broken dish fragments in the trash. On the kitchen counter was an envelope with a handful of Laics, along with a hand written story addressed to “The Landlord’s Boss’s boss’s boss’s boss.”

Once upon a time there was a brave Soldier who served in a large Kingdom. He was strong and handsome like no other. The Kingdom was under constant threat from the Lord of Chaos, whom constantly attacked the Kingdom with fire-breathing dragons, goblins whom caused mischief, and other monsters. The Soldier did his duty and defeated many a monster, yet remained relatively unknown save to the ladies of the Kingdom, who fawned upon him.

One day, the Soldier came upon an injured Goblin. The Goblin had been wounded by some townsfolk, and the Soldier took pity upon it and treated its wounds. So great was the Soldier’s compassion that he offered to take the Goblin in. The Goblin was confused.

“Chaos is my master,” it said, “I can’t help but cause destruction in my wake.”
The Soldier smiled a dazzling smile. “Then I will take care of you and keep Chaos at bay.”
The Goblin decided to take the Soldier’s offer, and so returned with him to his quarters.

Despite the Soldier’s kindness and the Goblin’s determination to not cause trouble, trouble followed the Goblin everywhere. Bookcases falling over, carriages losing control, fireworks setting off, you name it. Time and time again the Soldier would protect the Goblin, clean up after it, and calm the nerves of the townsfolk.

And so it was for many cycles of the moon, and eventually the Soldier began to tire of the constant vigilance that caring for the Goblin required. The Goblin also tired of the promises that Chaos would be defeated, and so nothing ever changed. One day, the frustration grew between them and they fought. The Soldier left the Goblin in his quarters and went for a walk to clear his head.

And then, Chaos struck again, sending out a mighty dragon. It had even devoured one of the townspeople. The Soldier, in his heroic manner, charged into the great fire eater’s belly.

And he was never heard from again.

The Kingdom’s other soldiers eventually defeated the dragon and cut its belly, finding the remains of a body inside. Some said it was the Soldier. Others said it was the townsperson who got devoured.
For its part, the Goblin decided to find out what had happened to the Soldier. Whether the Soldier was truly gone, had escaped to an island and was living it up with beautiful women, either way the Goblin wanted to know.

And Chaos follows the Goblin still, to this very day.

Edited by MEDdMI, 16 November 2019 - 11:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users