Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Everybody Wants to Cruel the World

mey hem play by post

• Please log in to reply
1527 replies to this topic

#1501 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63684 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:20 PM

"Goddesses bless you, good morning Miss Ginny." Dee said, blushing slightly as she spoke around the potatoes in her mouth 

Edited by Destron D-69, 25 October 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#1502 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

"Understood. You're certainly more civil about the commotion than most." Meanwhile Roock and Beanuu hung back from Mrs. Jessothy.

"Oh. Well then i apologise for that too. Thank you Mrs. Jessothy."

Those going to breakfast soon found smells wafting from the cafeteria. Upon going inside, they found that two breakfast medleys being served. One had potatoes, eggs, ham, and onions. The other had oats, grapes, berries, and apples. As several of the group selected what they wanted, Kage heard "Oh there you are I don't have to look for you your picture is finished I hope you like it." Ginny showed the picture which had Patch but was zoomed out slightly to show she was standing proudly on a cafeteria table.

after settling down with a stacked Potato medly breakfast and some toast. Kage was just about to take a bite when Ginny popped up. Gazing down at the picture of Patch that was obviously in reference to her rescue of tge cat and the cook, Kage unconsciously smiled.

"That's how she deserved to look after her rescue."

Coughing slightly, Kage cleared his expression and fished in his coat pocket for his wallet.

"Thank you Miss Ginny, this picture is very well done. You have an amazing talent."

Kage counted out a small, but substantial amount of Laics.

"it may not be a valuable keepsake, like your gift from the Lady Destron, but i hope this lets you afford something nice."

OOC

Spoiler

fslookup.jpg

#1503 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63684 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

"You have certainly a strong eye for detail Miss Ginny, and an excellent memory... it is no wonder at all that you now count two very appreciative patrons among our band of companions... perhaps if things continue to go right for two of our other friends, your skills may be required to create a Wedding portrait." 

Dee smirks, leaving out any hint of names to see who among the group blushes fastest and hardest at her little joke... though maybe her eyes betrayed her intent as they searched the room for the taller of the two young lovers.   

Edited by Destron D-69, 26 October 2019 - 10:53 PM.

#1504 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15630 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

EB grabbed the only medley he could and was walking away from Ginny, with a forkful of food in his mouth, and couldn't help but overhear the comment.

"Wait, who's getting married?" He blinked absently at Dee.

#1505 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41890 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:24 PM

Night Cap faces one of the greatest dilemmas in his career. This isn't Kage's mansion. He can request all the coffee he wants the way he wants it and no one can stop him. But the hurricane-mouthed biped they call Ginny is here and he's just not sure she has the proper clearance to know his true nature. Whatever will he do?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1506 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:18 AM

"Don't worry EB, nobody is getting married. Yet.

But i'm sure they will, given the right push."

The ghost of a grin flicked across his face.

fslookup.jpg

#1507 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63684 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:24 AM

Dee catches the grin, reaching over and gives Kage's hand a soft pat. 

"Indeed, not yet..." Dee chuckles, 

#1508 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

Ginny's eyes traveled to where Dee and Kage were looking, then said, "Oooohhh.

Well glad you enjoyed the picture I gotta go now"
and Ginny was gone as fast as she popped up. After everyone ate breakfast and got checked out from the hotel. Upon getting getting the vehicles, Ernest found a ticket on the window and a wheel clamp on the front tire. Ticket mentioned being referred to the OPD police and had a signature and a paw print on it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1509 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19033 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 05:03 PM

Beathra looked at the clamped wheel and shook his head.

"Well this is an unfortunate turn of events."

nzo8WYb.png

#1510 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63684 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:40 PM

"I could just slice it off." Dee mumbles under her breath 

#1511 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:46 PM

Leaning down, Kage at the ticket, then raised an eyebrow.

"Hmm... This is indeed unexpected and yet.. i think i should have seen this coming. Vince was a slaver and trader and successfully prolific enough to get noticed and hired by YPNR. . It should be unsurprising that law enforcement in general is aware of him.

The good news is, this ticket is clearly from Sheriff Stone and Deputy Diamond. Thus, it might be worth trying to find them and explain that during Vince's apprehension, we relieved him of this vehicle.

So? Who wants to come with me and the Sheriff."

fslookup.jpg

#1512 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15630 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:26 PM

After an uncomfortable breakfast, EB stared at the ticket on the car.
"Couldn't you just call them? I could pop that thing off."

#1513 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:31 PM

Kage rubbed his chin.

"Good point. Friday, any chance you could either find Sheriff Stone, or contact the OPD PD and explain the situation?

fslookup.jpg

#1514 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

"One moment," Friday said, then she disappeared. After a few minutes she returned and said, "I managed to convince the OPD PD that the Omega Knight had taken the vehicle for very important business, so that's cleared, but they said it'll be a couple of hours before someone comes out to remove it. I tried to relay to the Besseltrade police but their setup is much lower tech and I can't get through to anyone. Or they aren't in the office."

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1515 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15630 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:47 PM

EB squatted down near the tire and clamp, poking at it and tilting his head.

"Hmm. Not sure if I can get it off without breaking anything." He had a sudden thought. "Hey Ernie, could you use your tools and open this thing, like the bathroom?"

#1516 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41890 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:21 PM

"What is this crazy contraption? What's happening here?"

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1517 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:47 AM

Kage looked down at Night Cap.

"it's called a Clamp. It's what the police use to immobilise any suspicious vehicle they come across. Illegal parking, getaway vehicles or, in this case, a known transport for an active slave trader. Trying to drive off with a clamped wheel risks breaking the wheel. Trying to remove it improperly risks that too. However, we don't have time to wait, so EB and Ernest are the best shot we have.

Like i said, i hadn't considered just how active Vince Vinnny Vini actually was. Especially out here. Nor how quickly knowledge of his capture would travel, now that communications between the OPD and Besseltrade have been improved. Thus, i didn't consider the possibility of the police attempting to take charge of the vehicle. Still, at least Friday got the OPD PD to know that its in the hands of the Omega Knight now.

I guess we'll have to repaint it at some point."

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 31 October 2019 - 06:50 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#1518 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:37 PM

Ernest took out his lock picks and got to work. After about a minute, the clamp harmlessly fell off.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1519 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:53 PM

Kage moved the Clamp a little way of, crouched down and pulled out his notepad and a pen. Quickly writing out a note 4xplaining things, Kage ripped of the piece if paper, placing it and a non-functional Omegarang on top of the Clamp. Standing up, he turned back to the others and saud.

"Lets get moving. Once we're out of town, we can find a place to make a brief stop, armour up and figure out where we're headed first."

Nodding to Ernest and the others, Kage headed to The Impossible.

"Saddle up!"

fslookup.jpg

#1520 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41890 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:51 PM

"I left my saddle in another dimension."

B5ofTKU.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic