Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Everybody Wants to Cruel the World

mey hem play by post

• Please log in to reply
1527 replies to this topic

#1481 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15630 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:50 PM

EB shrugged at Kage. "Slept ok, I guess. You snored pretty bad, though."

#1482 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Kage simply raised both eyebrows at EB.

"I do?

Whether i dream or not, i tend to sleep very heavily. So i guess snoring is unavoidable. Eh. Chalk it up to another reason i tend to sleep by myself."

Whether EB (or anybody else in the room) so the ghost of a smirk on Kages face, to go along with this absurd statement, was a mystery.

fslookup.jpg

#1483 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41891 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

Even if this is a dream he will need to take care of this body. And if this isn't a dream he will definitely need to take care of this body.

Groan.

Time to face the inevitable. But it doesn't have to be too quick. Using only his forelimbs he drags his otherwise still relaxing body to the edge of the bed*. He slides off the bed and crumples to the floor.

"Sweet Celestia."

The experiment's results are conclusive. He's awake and gravity still works.

Spoiler

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1484 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

Dee heard a heavy clunk. Looking over, she saw that Night Cap had fallen out of the bed. Propping herself up, she could feel that her arms had mostly healed. She also saw Friday kneeling over Night Cap. *sigh*"Good morning. I'd pick him up...but I can't."
Spoiler

#1485 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63684 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:08 AM

"Perhaps Not as of yet my Lady..." Destron replies as she gathers the gallant warrior up into her arms and returns him to the bed. 

"That you would wish too is reason enough for us to explore the reaches of both magic and science, a solution rests down either path - or perhaps one that meanders between both." Dee continues as she tucks her little friend back in, making sure to turn him away from the window. 

"Are you on Pawny Patrol this night Lady Freya, or are you of need of either of us presently." Dee asks, blushing slightly as she realized she likely should have asked that, before putting Night Cap back under the covers. 

Edited by Destron D-69, 15 October 2019 - 04:09 AM.

#1486 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 07:12 AM

Friday sat on the bed. "With so many keeping an eye on Kage I figured I should be here. It's just that I'm...

I'm scared.

What if we can't save Patch? What horrors will Moscareina have in store? And just what does YPNR have planned? It's a lot going through my head and I can't really ask Oracle for help, seeing that no emotions means no fear."

Spoiler

#1487 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63684 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Dee sat beside her friend, the longing to be able to hold her hand, stroke her hair... offer some form of comforting embrace was so strong - and obviously the need of it was plain as day on Friday's part.

"I often forget that she is that different from either of us." Dee pauses to look down at her arms.  "The fear of failure can be a powerful motivation, or it can crush you with it's weight so that one may not even try." Turning back to Friday she smiles. "If the Goddesses know the future, they keep it to themselves... and perhaps that is for the best. If we knew what was to come, we- like Oracle, would be fearless... unmotivated. I wouldn't want that."

Dee holds out her arms, "I know you are a 'spirit' and this won't work, but come here and let me give you a hug before I start crying about how unfair it is that I can't give you a hug." Dee doesn't know how to articulate her thoughts on it, but if Friday can 'sit' on the bed she should be able to sit anywhere... so she pats her thighs and returns her arms to their out-stretched 'waiting to hug' position. 

Edited by Destron D-69, 15 October 2019 - 01:32 PM.

#1488 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:19 PM

Dee felt...something. There was some sort of aura briefly when Friday returned the hug. "Thanks. And I wouldn't call Oracle unmotivated. She's been scanning for any possible news...she just hasn't found anything. Maybe I'm just still not used to having emotions and needed someone to talk to. Well, guess we should see if the others are up so you can have breakfast and we can get on the road."
Spoiler

#1489 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63684 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:22 AM

"Could you feel that just now?" Dee asks, having indeed felt the moment of contact... if anything, voicing that the sensation happened would be at least something to base future attempts on.  It wasn't entirely dissimilar to her memories of what being connected to Cher felt like... only entirely opposite in a way -She would have to think on it, and perhaps consult the goddess herself as well.

"Come with me to check on breakfast, that is indeed a lovely idea. Though... we should leave Night Cap to sleep a little more, so that he at least might rest until the smell of food wakes him." 

#1490 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:49 AM

"Yes. It's similar to interacting with Patch. Shall we be check the cafeteria or somewhere else?"

As Kage leaned against suddenly the door flew open to reveal Roock and Beanuu. Roock triumphantly proclaimed "I'm ready to take on Why Piano Are!" Beanuu nudged him and commented "I uh...don't think that's quite right."
Spoiler

#1491 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41891 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:39 PM

And just like that he's back under the covers.

Night Cap cannot BELIEVE how well this morning is working out so far.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1492 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:53 PM

Jerking back and bouncing his head of the wall, Kage tried to figure out what Roock had been trying to say. Rubbing the back of his head, Kage said.

"why piano are? Whst the...?

Ooh. You mean Y P N R, right?"

fslookup.jpg

#1493 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:10 PM

"Yeah, that's what I said."
Spoiler

#1494 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:58 PM

Kage opened his mouth in surprise, blinked and...

Changed his mind. With a slight sigh, Kage just nodded.

"Of course you did.

So, shall we all go find some breakfast?"

fslookup.jpg

#1495 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

"Makes sense. Only thing here is coffee who would want just that? I think the cafeteria has something."
Spoiler

#1496 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15090 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:37 PM

"Coffee as wakeup juice in the morning can be a very useful thing. But yeah, you're right that we should probably all get a, well, hearty breakfast before setting out today."

pushing off from the wall, Kage headed out and down the stairs. Diverting briefly before heading to find the cafeteria, Kage approached Mrs. Jessothy at the front desk.

"Good morning. I would just like to apologise for the commotion last night. It was my fault."

fslookup.jpg

#1497 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:58 PM

"Understood. You're certainly more civil about the commotion than most." Meanwhile Roock and Beanuu hung back from Mrs. Jessothy.
Spoiler

#1498 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15630 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:12 PM

EB waited for the others to finish using the bathroom before darting in there. He took a brief glance in the mirror and noted the recent scar on his forehead, and was vaguely surprised that it hadn't healed yet. He shrugged, not even remembering how he got it in the first place. After throwing his clothes on and tidying up the room a little, he went around asking everyone nearby if they wanted to grab some breakfast.

Spoiler

Edited by MEDdMI, 24 October 2019 - 10:13 PM.

#1499 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41891 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

After throwing his clothes on and tidying up the room a little, he went around asking everyone nearby if they wanted to grab some breakfast.

Night Cap makes his second attempt of the day to get out of bed.

"If there's coffee I'm in."

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1500 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18419 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

Those going to breakfast soon found smells wafting from the cafeteria. Upon going inside, they found that two breakfast medleys being served. One had potatoes, eggs, ham, and onions. The other had oats, grapes, berries, and apples. As several of the group selected what they wanted, Kage heard "Oh there you are I don't have to look for you your picture is finished I hope you like it." Ginny showed the picture which had Patch but was zoomed out slightly to show she was standing proudly on a cafeteria table.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users