Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Some Alternators were fine, then you have Grimlock/Wheeljack, with three transformers worth of fiddly and a giant buttflap.

@  Telly : (13 February 2021 - 01:49 AM)

thats the main reason i got rid of my alternators. too much of a pain to transform

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:13 AM)

Didn't use a hammer, but feeling a little less sentimental.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:12 AM)

(The video I found to get some hints had alcohol and a hammer, and by the time I was done, I understood why.)

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:11 AM)

I posted something about feeling all sentimental when I transformed alternators Smokescreen a few days ago...and tonight I tried transforming Grimlock.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

they don't taste great.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

I'm eating my words...

@  Kaon : (12 February 2021 - 01:48 AM)

How is everyone tonight

@  Telly : (11 February 2021 - 06:31 PM)

even intergalactic despots need some down time

@  wonko the sane? : (11 February 2021 - 05:07 PM)

Then he went and hid in a hot tub for a few months...

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Everybody Wants to Cruel the World

mey hem play by post

• Please log in to reply
1527 replies to this topic

#21 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15080 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

Spoiler

Dodging and weaving through the streets of the OPD, Kage slid The Impossible around people and other vehicles as smoothly as he could, while losing as little speed as possible.

fslookup.jpg

#22 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18416 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:44 AM

Spoiler

Upon arriving at the exterior of Merchant Javier's, Beathra and the Omega Knight saw a portion of stree that had started to transform as the street directly in front of the store was eroding and a street light had changed to a strange mushroom.

Inside, Dee moved past the three goons to see some sort of black book sink into the ground like it was sinking in water.
Spoiler

#23 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63681 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:59 AM

Spoiler
Zam

Diving for the book Dee reaches into the 'liquid' with one arm.... using the other arm to cushion the fall for herself and Night Cap. 

#24 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18416 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

Moving in and around her fingers, the floor seemed to be fighting Dee as she tried to grab the book. The old woman worryingly asked, "What are you doing? What's going on?!?"
Spoiler

#25 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63681 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:15 AM

"Dark magic... whatever is transpiring - if this thing wants to slip into the ground...it's likely better it doesn't -you should stay back."  Dee says... "What happened?" she adds.

#26 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15080 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

Kage took one look at the strange transformations enveloping the small patch of street outside Javier's and made sure The Impossible slid to a stop a short back from it. Exiting the vehicle in full armour and ready for anything, Omega commented mostly to himself.

"The Urban eroding to the Organic, eh? I'll give you three guesses as to who i think is behind this mess, and the first two don't count."

As The PoeT...Beathra...approached, Omega noted again just how much the mystic had changed. The once worn and weather-beaten wanderer was now sharp-eyed, sure-footed and unbowed. He was still the same man Omega had know for many months, just more... himself, than he had been before. Like a puzzle whose elusive final piece had been found.

"Beathra," Omega said with a nod of greeting. "Your timing is perfect.

We have a prob;em."

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 05 August 2018 - 11:55 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#27 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19029 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

"The wind sang of trouble and the trees called my name," Beathra replied, "And so I am here."

Turning now to the building and without hesitation he moved to stand before the corrupted street and knelt down, prodding it carefully with his staff, continuing to speak while doing so.

"I have gathered information, such as I could, from here to the Bessletrade of Burban and back." he said, now listening very carefully to the transformed lamp post, then added, "Though, I admit, I have found relatively little of clear value." Here he very carefully reached out and touched the mushroom shape for just a brief moment, "Certainly no direct mention of EB or Patch, as unlikely as that seemed to begin with."

Here Beathra stood back and narrowed his eyes at the distorted merchant's shop and said, finally, "It seems, however, we have more pressing matters to contend with."

Spoiler

nzo8WYb.png

#28 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18416 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:42 PM

The woman said to Dee, "Those goons were trying to rob me in broad daylight! I've heard their kind is cowardly and superstitious so I figured I could scare them with my pocket Necronomicron. I never expected all of this to happen. I-I'm sorry."

Meanwhile, as far as Beathra could tell, the ground lacked any obvious toxins or pestilence. However, it was squishy and unsteady so footing might not be as sure as they'd like. Just then, he and the Omega Knight heard a noise. Like someone trying escape Merchant Javier's but couldn't get out due to the rapidly rusting door.
Spoiler

#29 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41861 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

"You have a what!?"

Realizing what he's done, he covers his mouth. The civilians aren't supposed to know he can do that.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#30 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18416 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

The woman gasped upon hearing Night Cap speak, "What demon sorcery is this?!?"
Spoiler

#31 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63681 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:26 AM

Dee continued to struggle with the puddle and book... one handed ... and while it did not feel as if her immersed arm was melting, rotting or otherwise having harm inflicted on it in some magical form... she knew enough tales to suspect that this evil magic could indeed be doing just that while also being cruel enough to trick her senses... as if in hopes of tempting her to risk more.

and then she heard Night Cap speak... and while her primary shock was how similar his outburst was to the one bit back from the tip of her own tongue, it took a moment more for her to answer the old woman's question.

"...that is a much friendlier Magic." 

#32 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Blanket Burrito

• Administrator
  • 41861 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

Slightly muffled by his hooves: "Nothing. I don't talk."

That didn't help. How to fix this? How to fix this?

Ah.

"Oof. What has your book done to me?"

B5ofTKU.jpg

#33 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15080 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

At the sound, the Omega Knight drew Retribution and eyed the rusting door warily.

"Somebody wants out. Could be civillians caught in this magical... thing. Or it could be whoever caused this. Either way, please stand clear and be ready, Beathra."

Stepping forward onto the less-than-study...ground. Omega nevertheless took as firm a stance as it would allow...

"You, on the other side," he yelled. "Stamd clear!"

Then spun around on his left foot to slam his right into the door as hard as he could!

Spoiler

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 05 May 2018 - 02:46 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#34 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19029 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Beathra nodded and stood just out of Kage's way. 

However, as the Knight brought his boot to bear, he thrust forth his staff and cried out "Oscailte!" and ripple of energy leapt to the door battering it with the power of his voice.

Spoiler

nzo8WYb.png

#35 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18416 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

As the door was kicked open, the three goons looked on to see,
"Oh jive, it's the Omega Knight!"
"Quick, we better run!"
"...can I have your autograph?"

As Dee managed to pull the book free from the ground's grasp, she could still hear all the others in the building fending off the impending horrors attacking them. The woman in front of her was dumbfounded and possibly in shock over the whole thing.
Spoiler

#36 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15080 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:39 AM

Spoiler

Retribution rose as Omega saw the three. On the verge of at least offering the benefit of the doubt, their first words quickly changed Omegas mind.

"Run and you will regret it. Now, what happened? What did you do?"

fslookup.jpg

#37 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18416 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:25 AM

"We didn't do nothin'! We were just trying to get some free money and this lady did some sort of magic thing that made the whole place go crazy! You should be asking her!"
Spoiler

#38 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Bright Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15080 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

Omega scowled at the men.

"Free, Money? in Merchant Jacier's?

Do tell."

Tilting Retribution just a tiny bit, so it angled more directly towards these 'Innocent Citizens', Omega scanned the men for signs of truth or deception.

Spoiler

fslookup.jpg

#39 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18416 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:26 PM

The trio didn't seem to be lying. However, they started screaming in terror at something behind the Omega Knight. The mushroom that was once a street light bisected down the middle into a toothy maw. Flies began to pour out of it as it hungrily shuffled forward.
Spoiler

#40 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19029 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

Beathra glanced at the creature behind them and then back to the cowering goons, then smiled.

"Thy greed has brought this beast to bear,

To stay and fight it would be only fair.

Punishment for thy many wrongs,

And perhaps a deed worthy of songs.1"

Spoiler

Edited by The Doctor Who, 06 May 2018 - 05:41 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users