Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Everybody Wants to Cruel the World

mey hem play by post

1494 replies to this topic

#1 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17855 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:40 PM

It had only been a day and a half since the battle with Cupid Thunder but it felt like agonizing weeks. With Patch, Tijuego, and EB all gone for different reasons, Henry decided to join the group for at least until their friends were found.

After the stroke of noon, Kage made a journey to the library. But he wasn't looking for a librarian. Rather, he was hoping he could find some sort of answers about magic to try to make sense of things.

Meanwhile, Dee had been sent to Merchant Javier's. It would have been a wonderful experience due to the pleasant weather and the colorful crowds but recent events cast a bit of a shadow over this supply run. She knew that this was in preparation for their next journey and she was assisting in a capacity that EB usually did...but couldn't in his absence. Furthermore, Cher had been silent since the encounter. However, she didn't have to make the visit alone as she did have Night Cap with her as she got the last few groceries...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62183 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Using both hands to gather the supplies she was planning to purchase, Dee had her small friend Night Cap sitting in the large pocket on the front of her Overalls. 

"Do you see anything you'd like for yourself?" Dee asks, quietly leaning her face forward-toward his tiny furry ear. "There's a little left out of the moneys Kage supplied me with, and I have some of my own besides... think of it as a thank you for coming with me today... you're a sweetheart."  She adds, twisting a lock of hair behind her ear as it falls in front of her eye because of the movement.  

#3 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13543 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Feeling more tired than he could remember feeling in a long time, Kage entered the Library and sighed. He’d been on edge since they had gotten back from Besseltrade. Worrying, training, tidying, trying to keep EBs garden clear. The Omega Knights patrol had continued throughout the night, as Kage wanted the Knights presence to be felt. He wanted New Londokyork to know he was there but, more importantly, he wanted to send a messege to the underworld: I Am The Night! I Am Always Watching!

As he stood there and looked around, the only sign of this heightened stress, was the fact that he had a lot more stubble around his goatee than usual and a few more shadows under his eyes.

Even this place doesn’t feel right.
What did you expect? She isn’t here.

The proverbial dust had barely dettled on recent events and yet there was no time to stop and tale stock. No time to properly process. SAVAGE and its designs, the Adapters and whatever their mechanical intelligences required. Both were dangers for sure. However, both were dangers that Kage could understand, more or less.

Not so for YPNR. Not so for... whatever Patch had been manipulated into becoming. The former seemed bound and determined to capture, corrupt, neutralise or simply murder any magic users they could find. As well as long teem goals he could not fathom. The latter... wanted to ‘Fix the World’. And, based on what ‘Dark Patch’ had stated before she (quite literally) flew of. The bug witchs twisting of Patchs desire for good, wasn’t going to be pretty.

He and his friends needed a plan. They needed information. Which is why he was here, striding between the bookshelves in search of what remained of the history magic, the uses of magic, Defences against magic, the history of those who hunted magic. Anything thatmight help them save her...!

With a sharp intake of breath, Kage tried to calm himself.

He was also hopeful (but not optimistic) about trying to sneak off and search the innards of the Library for where Patch might have stored the more complex (and dangerous) magic books.

fslookup.jpg

#4 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38917 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

Another day, or night. Whichever it technically is. The nightmare continues. He's not sure how long it's been, in total. It's already felt like ages. So far from home. So far from any of his kind. Trapped. Helpless. Unable to wake up.

It still beats going to work in the morning.

Today's mission is a grocery run. He's here to tag along for the ride and spend not his money.

"Since we travel a lot, let's find some snacks. Does this world have salted fish?"

B5ofTKU.jpg

#5 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62183 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

"Sweet Sir Night Cap, had only I known you enjoy such things... I could have brought barrels full with me when I returned south." Dee sets her jaw and scritches his ear. "Fore now a hunger for it has awoken in my middurds as well, hope valued friend that we find a share plentiful for us both, lest our return trip be waylayed by a shortcut to the ocean."  

#6 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38917 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

Night Cap understands... most of that.

Before he can get too dizzy to concentrate, he looks around to see if he can spot any salted fish, or some other snack that's just as good.

Spoiler

B5ofTKU.jpg

#7 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17855 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

Night Cap spots what he's seeking and it seems like it might be on sale at the moment.

The books Kage was finding were quite simple in terms of information. Perhaps better things were hidden or maybe he had the right sources but didn't see the answers just yet due to the stress.
Spoiler

#8 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18215 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:07 PM

One and a half days and not a moment spared. 

Within hours of Patch’s departure, Beathra had, himself left, disappearing into the woods leaving no discernable trace to track. Only a hastily written note appearing on Kage’s door later that day explained that he would return when the time was right.

From there he traveled up and down the roads and byways between the Old Publishing District and Burban.  In the Besseltrade, he was spotted speaking to locals and merchants, questioning them about anything unusual in the area. On the road he could be seen, seemingly waiting and watching, though, as a rule, never far from the woods. Numerous innkeepers remembered the green-clad man, generous with coin and eager for news and a handful of travelers returned home, telling of the cloaked figure with a voice like thunder who saved them from highwaymen or wild animals, appearing from the trees and then vanishing again as quickly.

And now, on the outskirts of the Old Publishing District, Beathra once more appeared.  The air had shifted, the wind sang of news and a change in tides and the leaves murmured that the time was right.

He was needed.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 25 April 2018 - 12:08 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#9 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 13543 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Dropping another book onto the growing pile atop the table in front of him, Kage sat back and growled in frustration. Then looked around to make sure he was still (mostly) apart from anybody else and would therefore not disturb them.

“No good,” he muttered in barely a whisper. “These books are all too general, too basic. Either that or i’m just not in the right frame off mind.

‘sigh’

Hmm...”

Reaching up to rub his chin, Kage tried to calm himself and focus. Not an easy task. He wanted to be out there searching for her, he wanted to be out there searching for a way to get through to her. A way to break that putrid demons hold on..,!

For jives sake, get a grip on yourself!
I am! I want—!
—No!
What?
No.
We need to—!
No, you don’t.
But i—!
Shut, up!
Thank you. Now then. Nobody needs, or wants, a half-cocked Omega Knight running around in a blind fury because he’s thinking with a heart he never knew he had!
I—
—cannot and will not deny me. I know you, little man. You were a shadow until a few months ago.
...yes.
Right then. Now. Calm dow and start THINKING! Remember, the Poet...Beathra...said in his note, that he would return. You can’t compare notes with him if you have nothing to show.
‘Sigh’

Pulling out his RadioComm, Kage took a steadying breath and spoke softly.

“Oracle, does Arsenic Grey still have the Comm i gave her? If so, could you try and reach her. Ask if she can meet with me, i need a mage to talk to.

Also, is Friday available!”

As he waited for a response, Kage started to slowly scan around the Library to see where most of the staff were. He hoped to maybe catch an opening that could let him slip into the back corridors of the Library unnoticed. Kage also ran what info he could glean from the books through his head again, only this time he was more specific in his thinking. He tried to figure out if any book had, even if only in passing, referenced the darker magics. Or beings like Moscareina.

Spoiler

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 03 May 2018 - 06:23 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#10 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17855 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

Kage didn't spot any particular places where he could slip away but he did remember one book mentioned transformations in passing. It was very much an editorial instead of something directly instructional but it mentioned legends of werewolves and vampire thralls. Sometimes they could be changed back. Other times, the only course of action was to put them out of their misery.

Just then, Oracle chimed in with, "Where would you like for her to meet you?" Following that, Friday materialized. "Hello Kage. You were in need of my assistance?"

As Dee and Night Cap continued shopping, they heard a commotion a few aisles over.
Spoiler

#11 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38917 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

Night Cap faces a sudden dilemma. He has his eyes on the prize, but he can also hear some sort of commotion, and has a vague feeling that it might be important.

"I think I see some salted fish over there."

He points to the fish.

It wasn't much of a dilemma.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#12 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 13543 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Rubbing his face with his left hand, Kage jumped mental tracks as his new lead (however thin) slightly changed his thinking.

“Hmm. Would she be open to meeting me at the Library? This is about searching for dark magics and a solution to Patchs ‘condition’. Otherwise... How about asking if i could either drop by her home, or she drops in on mine. Please tell her i’m asking nicely and that this is important.

Thanks Oracle.”

Flipping his RadioComm closed, Kage returned it to his belt and turned.

“Hello Friday,” he said with a faint smile. Then gestured to the untidy pile of books in front of him.

“I’ve been trying to find any information about light magic, dark magic, magical defences, or magical solutions to the kind of arcane transformations and thralldom Patch has fallen too.

And the best i can find, is this.” Pulling up the open book, he showed Friday the brief and only indirectly relevant editorial references.

“Do any of your files contain any useful notes? Do you know of any other leads i could follow?

Also...,” and here he hesitated a little. “I want you to help my... get into the Librarys backrooms. I know from talking with Patch that she removed and collected the more, shall we say, ‘dangerous’ magic books to store away from the public. I’m fairly certain that they’re still in the building, as i have a hunch she lived, as well as worked, here. Please, help me find it.”

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 03 May 2018 - 06:27 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#13 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17855 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:24 PM

"Don't make this difficult lady."
"Leave me alone! I-I'll use this!"
"Yeah right, like you'd be able to..."

Dee and Night Cap heard something hit the floor and then they felt it. Moreover, the feeling was horrifyingly familiar to Dee as she could feel Cher snap to attention in response. The entire area began to transform as walls and shelves turned into fungal entities. The ground was unevenly soggy and the ceiling lights became glowing mushrooms. Vermin rushed about and an unsettling stench filled the air. The windows gave off an overpowering scent of vinegar as the glass in them started melting.

Perhaps the worst was that some of the shelves began to develop toothy maws and seemed to be moving. Screams of terror could be heard throughout the store.

Beathra was making a steady pace into the city when suddenly he was struck by an all too familiar feeling like a piano pushed out of a window. Somewhere in the direction of the coast, the machinations of the demon were in play...

Friday was a bit more transparent than usual and flickering slightly. However, she replied to Kage with an apologetic, "I'm sorry. My original protocols dictated that I not store nor translate magical information in order to avoid corruption." Just then, Kage's RadioComm signaled and Oracle calmly said, "Some sort of catastrophe seems to be unfolding at Merchant Javier's. The caller has only given the police a description of 'place gone crazy' as screams can be heard in the background. It sounds like it may be a situation requiring your unique talents."
Spoiler

#14 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18215 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

The magical rumbling caught Beathra in mid stride and he twisted sharply to face the sensation, cloak flaring about him.  Narrowing his eyes, he spoke softly.

"So breaks the silence and the fractured bells of mayhem toll their discordnant chime. Once more the carnyx cries for war with fife and drum in military time."

Here he broke into a run, dodging down alleys and 'round all that lay before him, ever pressing toward that which called, heeding little danger and ever wearing grim determination upon his face as he went.

nzo8WYb.png

#15 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 13543 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

As he saw the odd flicker in his digital friend, Kage reached out a hand towards her.

“Friday, are you alri—!”

Only to be cut short by Oracles alert.

“That’s where Lady Destron and Night went to shop. Not good. Not good at all.

Right, I’m on my way Oracle.”

Standing, his pile of books forgotten, Kage turned to dash towards the exit and the waiting Impossible. Then called back.

“Friday, come with me!”

Leaping into his car, Kage flicked the ignition and The Impossible ‘Whooosshed’ off. The loudest noise heard being only the squealing of tires.

I’ll change on the way.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 03 May 2018 - 06:31 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#16 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62183 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:45 AM

"Blessed Salt.. the fish will keep - a familiar power stirs."  Dee moves in the direction of the source of the disruption... 

#17 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17855 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

Moving a few aisles over, Dee and Night Cap saw an old woman recoiling in fear from something and trying to back away. However, they also saw three goons, possibly from SAVAGE, who were also backing away in terror but in the opposite direction so that they were backing towards the princess.

Meanwhile, the Omega Knight and Beathra raced towards the coast in their own ways. Luckily, many people were presumably at work so the streets were moderately clear at the moment.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#18 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18215 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

Beathra picked his path efficiently, dodging 'round carts, skipping over ditches and slipping through crowds.

Spoiler

Edited by The Doctor Who, 02 May 2018 - 09:39 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#19 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38917 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Night Cap can do little yet as he's currently riding in a pocket. But it's obvious this is going to be a fight and he must do something to help.

"Rawr."

Spoiler

B5ofTKU.jpg

#20 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62183 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

"Step aside villains, whatever evil you have unleashed must be stopped..."  Dee says as she tries to move past the oddly fleeing goons "...lest you wish to face these hooves of doom!" She adds after looking down and seeing her friend's eagerness for Battle. 

Edited by Destron D-69, 02 May 2018 - 10:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users