Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2018 - 03:10 AM)

I just realised that Unsolved Mysteries has the same initials as Ultra Magnus.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (22 June 2018 - 05:18 AM)

Yeah, really... what a shitshow.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2018 - 04:53 AM)

This week has been an almost unmitigated damn nightmare. It can go die in some metaphorical trash fire where it belongs.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 04:48 AM)

I feel your pain.

@  Whirl Maximus : (22 June 2018 - 04:47 AM)

This time ten years ago I was looking forward to Transformers 2.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

There's room enough for five more cabinets.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Once I've settled in and earned money again, I can start with the third wall.

@  Plokatron : (21 June 2018 - 10:05 PM)

I'm still working on my comic just been trying to start up a Custom Lego shop. Won't be too long but I'm still here.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

(really though, great display)

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

you're gonna have a buildup of dinosaur electrons.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

he needs his dino-breathing room! :D

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

Trypticon looks a bit cramped in there, nevermore!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 05:54 PM)

Sad thing is we've thought more about the foam than the show writers ever did. :D

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

https://imgur.com/ky0qGVD

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

Current status of my collection room in my new, still-under-construction apartment:

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Depends on whether or not the motive engines for the vehicle mode are the same as the robot mode. Cause we know they use energon for everything.

@  Bass X0 : (21 June 2018 - 05:17 PM)

I was thinking today if Transformers would carry the fuel for their alternate mode in their robot mode? They'd have to, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 June 2018 - 01:28 PM)

I mean, the clear meta reason is so non-Transformers don't die horribly on their ships, but that's not as fun to speculate about.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 10:43 AM)

There's also lots of chemical reactions which only precipite with oxygen.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 09:27 AM)

Oxygen is obviously a native gas on cybertron and also let’s the equipment “breath” so to speak.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:47 AM)

@Wonko; Yeah, but why oxygen? There are a lot of non-flammable gasses they could've used. And we've seen TFs using radio to communicate in vacuum.

@  Robowang : (21 June 2018 - 08:29 AM)

As the Cream of Wheat glugged forth from his meatus, his mind focused on only one thing: Mommy loved him so.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 08:17 AM)

there's lots you can't do in vaccuum. The least of which is audio communication.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Though that begs the question of why a robotic species would keep their ships pressurized with oxygen in the first place.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 07:29 AM)

Guess it's just me playing FTL recently. Opening a few doors out to the void is a good way to deal with fires and rude visitors.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 07:14 AM)

Plus it depends on what part of the ship, can’t easily vent an interior area.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 06:34 AM)

depends on what's wrong. If you need to get something out and away, would also need to have started in a pressurised space to begin with. If you just want to vent extra heat: it wouldn't work as well as vaccuum is an insulator.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 03:12 AM)

If they're in space wouldn't it make more sense just to vent the area affected to vacuum?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 07:16 PM)

I mean the foam was dangerous, but in space they probably put out the fires, then wore the equivalent of a hazmat suit to clean up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Only on special occassions.

@  Paladin : (20 June 2018 - 03:50 PM)

you don't?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I mean, we don't usually use asbestos on our souls.....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM)

*looks at asbestos" Yep... Cause we've never used something harmful as a fire retardant. x.x;

@  unluckiness : (20 June 2018 - 06:32 AM)

fire retardant foam is so powerful it can extinguish even sparks

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I mean, this is a species that can be disabled (possibly fatally after a while?) by flame retardant foam, so yeah.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM)

Transformers are exactly as resilient as the plot needs them to be, so who knows, it could be lethal today.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Which is why Marvel Megatron was interested in Dr. Biggles-Jones' railgun design and had it grafted onto his G2 tank mode.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 08:43 PM)

Doesn't really matter what transformers are made of. If you send a 10 pound ball of metal flying at a good enough velocity, you will do damage.

@  Soft Snow : (19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM)

A regular cannon that shoots cannon balls and does nothing to other transformers because they are robots but would put a mean whole in the side of your wooden boat...

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:44 PM)

wtf did the shoutbox do to my emoji

also @ patchy its whatever your heart desires 😘

shes not a drill but she is a grill

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 June 2018 - 05:40 PM)

POTP CINDERSAUR IS A GIRL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 June 2018 - 05:18 PM)

A fusion cannon, or just a regular cannon?

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:04 PM)

megatron but he turns into a ford fusion with a cannon badly welded onto the roof

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM)

My Little Fusion Cannon: Friendship Through Tyranny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM)

was that supposed to sound sexual

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure that megatrons cannon is his best friend, so that friendship is magic stuff won't work.

@  MEDdMI : (19 June 2018 - 01:16 PM)

And then the magic ponies force everyone to be friends FOREVERRRRRRR

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

Photo

Favorite Batman TAS episodes anyone?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 114 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

Mine are:

Almost Got Im.

Heart of Ice.

Feat of Clay.

Robin's Reckoning.

Old Wounds.

Mad Love.

Bane.

Lock Up.

Make Em Laugh.

The Forgotten.

Two-Face.

On Leather Wings.

Trial.

Perchance to Dream.

Heart of Steel.

If your so smart why arent you rich.

Strange Case of Bruce Wayne.

His Silicon Soul.

Joker's Favor.

Laughing Fish.

Tyger Tyger.

Holiday Knights.

Christmas with Joker.

Catwalk.

Mudslide.

Growing Pain.

Man Who Killed Batman.

Batgirl Returns.

Beware Creeper.

House and Garden.

POV.

Cult of the Cat.

#2 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22318 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

I know I might be in a minority here, but I actually loved Tyger Tyger. But then, I have a thing for cat anthros.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

There are so many, but I think it has to be Growing Pains and Over The Edge.

#4 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3264 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

I'll second "Growing Pains".

I'm also a big fan of "Never Fear", "Heart of Ice", and "Almost Got 'Im".

Really, I could keep going for a while, a whole lot of BTAS is amazing.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#5 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7304 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

Almost Got Im. Its the closest thing I got to an episode that focuses 100% on the villain; planning, setup and execution of the caper and only have Batman appear just to put a stop to it.

#6 Teufel

Teufel

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

• Supporter
  • 5192 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

There were so many great ones that's really hard to narrow down. The series is getting released on Blu-ray this year, maybe I'll revisit this thread after a little HD marathon.

A Bullet For Bullock is underrated, though.

Edited by Teufel, 18 April 2018 - 10:06 PM.

#7 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 4818 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:54 PM

Really hard for me to narrow it down. Just so many great episodes in that series.

I can't wait to get BTAS on Blu-ray. I'm hoping Batman Beyond and the rest of the DCAU toons get the Blu-ray treatment. :)

--SoS

VOTE SIDEWAYS: BECAUSE WE CAN ALL USE A LITTLE CHAOS IN OUR LIVES

39863176735_f399ce0975_o.jpg

Spoiler

#8 tec

tec

I'm gunning for you Ridley!

• Supporter
  • 28095 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

Um all of it? seriously BTAS worst eps are still far better then most TV shows best eps

But If I gotta pick I gotta pick

Growing Pains thats a hard pill to swallow because that ep no one wins and in a "kids cartoon" to pull off that kinda of ending...heartbreaking

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec had a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#9 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

BEST FRIENDS

• Citizen
  • 21981 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:53 AM

Over the Edge isn't just my favorite BTAS episode, it's my most favorite Batman thing ever.

I still can't believe they did it.

#10 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1340 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Knight Time

I count it anyway! I love watching Superman impersonate Batman, and everyone else's reactions to him.  :D

#11 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

I was 10 years old when this show first aired and i recalled being a Batman fan since 1988 hearing about a Batman movie in the works in comicscene/Starlog magazine (remember those? i have them collected in bags) and seeing the teaser in theaters. I even got my first Batman comic at 6 going on 7 being Gotham by Gaslight and collected the comics since and saw 1989's movie in theaters 5 times and watched/taped episodes of the 60's show plus had merchandise of 1989's movie that year.

I even had a long time dream and wish for an animated show as it came true when i read in decembers issues of those magazines as i couldn't wait until 92 for Batman Returns and the animated show. I saw Batman Returns 4 times in theaters that year in 92 and i watched/taped the animated show religiously even the WB seasons as a teen.

Timm made one hell of a masterpiece of a show.

I know I might be in a minority here, but I actually loved Tyger Tyger. But then, I have a thing for cat anthros.

Great episode! has that Island of Dr Moreau, Zombie Holocaust aka Dr Butcher MD, Freaked (remember that funny 1993 comedy with Randy Quaid as a mad scientist who turned Alex Winter and people into mutant freaks?), Resident Evil games (the mutant and scientist aspects), The Fly, Tiny Toons Hare Raising Night episode and Tezuka's Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature. 

Selina Kyle as a cat-girl in that episode was *wolf whistle* eh? some guys who dig Catwoman would have to admit it, i always did thought so since i was 10 years old when i saw/taped that episode on Fox and i adored Catwoman since i was 7 as she is my fave comic female character babe since seeing the 60s show with Julie Newmar even reading the comics and renting the 60's show at age 7 and seeing Batman Returns in theaters at age 10 to seeing her on the show. I just adored her when i was a kid and teen no matter how she looked in the comics (except Miller's sinead o Conner lookalike), TAS (blonde or brunette or mutated cat-girl), the 60s show (Newmar and Meriwther) with the 1966 movie/Returns versions especially Ivy, Harley, Red Claw and Zantanna. Yet some would have to admit mutated cat-girl Selina was on par with other old school feline girl beauties like Cleo from Heathcliff, Tigra from Marvel comics, Pam and Polly from that Eek the Cat episode with the two lovely cat lady witches, Bagi from Tezuka's Bagi the monster of mighty nature,  Kitten kaboodle from the Talespin Star is Torn episode, M'ress from Star Trek, Callie Briggs with the Swat Kats girls, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Kit Mambo the lioness woman from Animalympics, Jenny on Bucky O'Hare, Mirage on Aladdin and even Cheetara/Pumarya on Thundercats, LOL.

I'll second "Growing Pains".

I'm also a big fan of "Never Fear", "Heart of Ice", and "Almost Got 'Im".

Really, I could keep going for a while, a whole lot of BTAS is amazing.

Growing Pains was a tragic episode, i felt bad for Robin when i was a teen as i think Tim and Annie should had been together as a couple and she would had been raised by Bruce or someone else to be a superheroine known as Claygirl but ended in tragedy.

At least there's fanfiction where she lives and becomes a superheroine.

Heart of Ice earned that emmy well 25 years ago and before TAS, i always thought Mr Freeze was a cheesy campy villain until the show made me feel for him and rethink him. Great animation, writing and all that makes it a masterpiece.

There were so many great ones that's really hard to narrow down. The series is getting released on Blu-ray this year, maybe I'll revisit this thread after a little HD marathon.

A Bullet For Bullock is underrated, though.

I believe they might announce it at the major comic con and for a thanksgiving release.

A Bullet for Bullock was quite damned good and has a great score plus one of my childhood favorite actors Jeffrey Jones in it as the voice of the apartment manager.

Over the Edge isn't just my favorite BTAS episode, it's my most favorite Batman thing ever.

I still can't believe they did it.

Yes that was a great mind twist of an episode i always enjoyed.

Edited by Egon1982, 19 April 2018 - 03:48 PM.

#12 Devcon

Devcon

*STAB STAB STABBITY STAB*

• Retired Staff
  • 11663 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

My problem with Batman is that he doesn't have Spiderman's villains.

Like GreenGoblin. I like that guy. Whatever happened to him I wonder.
Stand back, I gotta practice my stabbin'. HA-HAAAA!

#13 tec

tec

I'm gunning for you Ridley!

• Supporter
  • 28095 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

Uh...*checks Devcons coffee* yep just as I though spiked

The only thing I dont like about the WB era is the character design assassination of Catwoman like why does her face turn blue with the mask on?

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec had a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#14 Devcon

Devcon

*STAB STAB STABBITY STAB*

• Retired Staff
  • 11663 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

not really. Not when you think about it - and it doesn't need much reflection to see what I really mean. (Hint: I was never really talking about either Batman or Spiderman)
Stand back, I gotta practice my stabbin'. HA-HAAAA!

#15 Teufel

Teufel

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

• Supporter
  • 5192 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

The only thing I dont like about the WB era is the character design assassination of Catwoman like why does her face turn blue with the mask on?

I hated almost all the redesigns after the move to the WB.

Except Scarecrow. I had no problem with the first design and the second was pretty cool and I had no issue with the voice actor. That said, turning him into a really evil zombie-looking Scarecrow voiced by Jeffrey freakin' Combs was hard to argue with.

#16 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6481 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:56 PM

Almost Got Im.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#17 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Back in Business

• Supporter
  • 58359 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

I'm still not over Growing pains. so I think that's got to stay at the top of my list. 

• tec likes this

#18 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:37 AM

Almost Got Im.

Very Tarantino esque masterpiece of an episode eh?

#19 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 7131 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

Tyger, Tyger was just ok as an episode but it blew my mind when Batman said the rhyme at the end... and didnt make 'symmetry' rhyme 'eye'.

Tiger tiger burning bright
In the forest of the night
What (fearful?) hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry

(From memory. I can't remember that one word)

If you want to know what happened to Tygrus after, he appeared in the comic. The werewolf guy went to his island to ask for mutation help and they ended up rescuing Catwoman after she was kidnapped by Dorian the mutation doc and a controlled Manbat.

He and the werewolf were stuck fighting in a fire with Manbat. After that, I don't think they ever appear again. Manbat resurfaced with an individual Manbat personality that isn't Langstrom's.

FWXOT0z.gifphoto_zpsa2a20628.gif

Toy Drama Theater - 1 minute episodes of Transformers (and others) having drama in their lives

https://www.youtube....CateRo5nEbdkDhF

#20 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:19 AM

I'm still not over Growing pains. so I think that's got to stay at the top of my list. 

Quite sad ending eh? i felt bad for Tim when i was a teen as he lost someone he truly loved.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users