Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 11:05 PM)

i wish theyd dub double zeta. thats the only one im missing for the "amuro vs char" thing (and chars not even in it so...). but given some of the things ive heard about it, its probly best that they dont dub it

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 11:02 PM)

and im on vacation next week so ill have lots of time to watch all this lol

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 11:01 PM)

@zaku ive got war in the pocket on standard dvd already. amazon didnt have it on blu ray. bonus points to it for having character designs by haruhiku mikimoto. and this collecction is only "new" in as much as its new to me on blu ray. ive had burnt dvd copies of it all for years

@  Xellos : (24 April 2019 - 09:44 PM)

Yeah, 00 was pretty good, and I recently watched Build Divers, and found it really fun. Got both limited editions of IBO... still need to watch them...

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 April 2019 - 08:30 PM)

00 is also pretty good, basically a refined version of the Wing concept, and IBO is great.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 April 2019 - 08:29 PM)

I'll be the requisite "Build Fighters is actually pretty good" chime in

@  MEDdMI : (24 April 2019 - 07:52 PM)

G Gundam was the best. Horse mecha! Piloted by.... a HORSE!

@  ZakuConvoy : (24 April 2019 - 07:31 PM)

I'd probably recommend tracking down 0080 War in the Pocket to go along with your new collection, but you might have enough to watch for right now.

@  Xellos : (24 April 2019 - 06:53 PM)

G Gundam will likely always rank first for me, as it is the one I find the most fun, but 8th MS was great for being the most "realistic" of the UC stuff.

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 06:17 PM)

the only other gundam series ive watched-which was also the FIRST gundam series i watched-is wing (and ill probly get that on blu ray soon too). i know i havent watched everything tied to it, but the UC is quite enough for me lol

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 06:14 PM)

i think 8th team is my favorite, but cant say why. maybe it has something to do with them not being newtypes. i dont particularly like that concept

@  Xellos : (24 April 2019 - 06:11 PM)

8th M Team, 0083, and Zeta are my favorites of the original timeline. Have yet to watch Origin, but it is loooow on my list, as I never particularly liked Char. Quattro Bajeena was actually kinda cool, though.

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 05:49 PM)

so i just did something insane. i bought gundam origin, first gundam, 08th ms team, operation stardust, zeta gundam AND chars counterattack on bluray...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 April 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Hollywood stereotypes, eh? Don't get me started on how sheerly unrealistic that can be, and how badly Hollywood loves to stick to them.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:44 PM)

Also, fun fact: To me, Dutch is the language that sounds harsh compared to German.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:37 PM)

Generally, nobody shouts at each other in Germany unless they're either a) morons or b) doing it for comedic effect.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:36 PM)

... based on an outdated way of speaking (I mean, does anyone in the US still speak like Joe Friday?)... which might also have been at least partially a regional thing.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Generally, many native English speakers' primary conception of the German language and its perceived harshness comes from Hollywood movies... created by non-native German speakers, with non-native German actors giving their impression of what they think the German language sounds like...

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:33 PM)

I might be severely biased, but as a native German speaker, I think the perception of the "harsh German language" is at least in part due to a myth created by Hollywood.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (24 April 2019 - 05:32 PM)

I wish I knew if that Blue autobot in the background in the movie Bumblebee was Blurr.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 April 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Blood is blue before coming into contact with air from outside.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 April 2019 - 09:50 AM)

I had to use a whole ten percent of my brain to understand that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 April 2019 - 08:32 AM)

I think I saw a debunking of that like at least a decade ago when I still relied on TV for things.

@  Paladin : (24 April 2019 - 08:21 AM)

isn't the whole "lemmings jump to their death" thing proven false now too???

@  Pennpenn : (24 April 2019 - 03:05 AM)

It's like how the whole "alpha male" thing doesn't really show up in wolf packs in the wild.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 01:54 AM)

Aaaaand another myth busted.

@  CORVUS : (24 April 2019 - 12:27 AM)

Quite welcome! :)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2019 - 09:51 PM)

@Corvus Huh, did not know that part. Thanks for imparting knowledge!

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 09:27 PM)

No because it's true.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 April 2019 - 09:17 PM)

Would I be jaded if i said that's a good lesson about people as well?

@  CORVUS : (23 April 2019 - 09:01 PM)

Overstated risk. Most observations of sexual cannibalism in the Praying Mantis occurred in captivity, versus nature. When entomologists began observing them in nature instead, they found that sexual cannibalism took place around 30% of the time. Basically, if a male Mantis avoids thin, hungry females, his chances are pretty good. #yesimanerd

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2019 - 07:52 PM)

Are you a male mantis?

@  MEDdMI : (23 April 2019 - 07:27 PM)

Death by snu snu

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 April 2019 - 06:40 PM)

There's a joke about going out with a bang to be made here.

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 06:38 PM)

I would hope getting laid is preferred over dying :p

@  Nevermore : (23 April 2019 - 05:20 PM)

Don't we all want to get laid?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 April 2019 - 04:53 PM)

I'd spend the first few loops just taking an extended nap.

@  Dekafox : (23 April 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Endless death time loops certainly happen enough in Star Trek

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 03:50 PM)

That's not what I had in mind but if that is what you would do in that scenario then that is pretty messed up. I would not want to be stuck in a perpetual loop of death. More like getting laid but that is just me.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2019 - 01:58 PM)

Happy death day to you!

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 01:45 PM)

.... I would love that. To be stuck in an endless loop where no one remembers what happened... The possibilities :D

@  ZakuConvoy : (23 April 2019 - 01:43 PM)

Are you stuck in a Groundhogs Day situation? Because if you are, you need to tell the rest of us so we can take advantage, too.

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 11:10 AM)

Lol today needs to end asap so that I can start over tomorrow

@  Ashley : (21 April 2019 - 10:08 PM)

They frequently do, but yeah there's no rule. Google will usually answer it for a specific restaurant, though

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 April 2019 - 02:57 PM)

Depends on the restaurant and the area. There's no universal rule about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2019 - 02:41 PM)

I thought restaurants were one of the few things that stayed open on holidays, along with movie theatres and the like

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 April 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Well here I am hungry on a Sunday afternoon and I head to Chipotle only to find out right then and there that the place is closed for Easter. Yay.

@  MEDdMI : (19 April 2019 - 09:21 PM)

oof, yikes. Good luck.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 April 2019 - 09:18 PM)

We're in the middle of a kitchen reno and NOTHING will be done until tuesday. I could beat a four day weekend with a hammer right now if it meant I could use my stove again.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 April 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Can't beat 4 day weekends either.

Photo

Favorite Batman TAS episodes anyone?

32 replies to this topic

#1 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

Mine are:

Almost Got Im.

Heart of Ice.

Feat of Clay.

Robin's Reckoning.

Old Wounds.

Mad Love.

Bane.

Lock Up.

Make Em Laugh.

The Forgotten.

Two-Face.

On Leather Wings.

Trial.

Perchance to Dream.

Heart of Steel.

If your so smart why arent you rich.

Strange Case of Bruce Wayne.

His Silicon Soul.

Joker's Favor.

Laughing Fish.

Tyger Tyger.

Holiday Knights.

Christmas with Joker.

Catwalk.

Mudslide.

Growing Pain.

Man Who Killed Batman.

Batgirl Returns.

Beware Creeper.

House and Garden.

POV.

Cult of the Cat.

#2 Caldwin

Caldwin

The one and only Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 23933 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

I know I might be in a minority here, but I actually loved Tyger Tyger. But then, I have a thing for cat anthros.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64435 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

There are so many, but I think it has to be Growing Pains and Over The Edge.

ACItEK8.png

#4 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3646 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

I'll second "Growing Pains".

I'm also a big fan of "Never Fear", "Heart of Ice", and "Almost Got 'Im".

Really, I could keep going for a while, a whole lot of BTAS is amazing.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#5 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7733 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

Almost Got Im. Its the closest thing I got to an episode that focuses 100% on the villain; planning, setup and execution of the caper and only have Batman appear just to put a stop to it.

#6 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6035 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

There were so many great ones that's really hard to narrow down. The series is getting released on Blu-ray this year, maybe I'll revisit this thread after a little HD marathon.

A Bullet For Bullock is underrated, though.

Edited by Teufel, 18 April 2018 - 10:06 PM.

#7 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5133 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:54 PM

Really hard for me to narrow it down. Just so many great episodes in that series.

I can't wait to get BTAS on Blu-ray. I'm hoping Batman Beyond and the rest of the DCAU toons get the Blu-ray treatment. :)

--SoS

#8 tec

tec

Give me victory

• Supporter
  • 30116 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

Um all of it? seriously BTAS worst eps are still far better then most TV shows best eps

But If I gotta pick I gotta pick

Growing Pains thats a hard pill to swallow because that ep no one wins and in a "kids cartoon" to pull off that kinda of ending...heartbreaking

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#9 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22291 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:53 AM

Over the Edge isn't just my favorite BTAS episode, it's my most favorite Batman thing ever.

I still can't believe they did it.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#10 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1601 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Knight Time

I count it anyway! I love watching Superman impersonate Batman, and everyone else's reactions to him.  :D

#11 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

I was 10 years old when this show first aired and i recalled being a Batman fan since 1988 hearing about a Batman movie in the works in comicscene/Starlog magazine (remember those? i have them collected in bags) and seeing the teaser in theaters. I even got my first Batman comic at 6 going on 7 being Gotham by Gaslight and collected the comics since and saw 1989's movie in theaters 5 times and watched/taped episodes of the 60's show plus had merchandise of 1989's movie that year.

I even had a long time dream and wish for an animated show as it came true when i read in decembers issues of those magazines as i couldn't wait until 92 for Batman Returns and the animated show. I saw Batman Returns 4 times in theaters that year in 92 and i watched/taped the animated show religiously even the WB seasons as a teen.

Timm made one hell of a masterpiece of a show.

I know I might be in a minority here, but I actually loved Tyger Tyger. But then, I have a thing for cat anthros.

Great episode! has that Island of Dr Moreau, Zombie Holocaust aka Dr Butcher MD, Freaked (remember that funny 1993 comedy with Randy Quaid as a mad scientist who turned Alex Winter and people into mutant freaks?), Resident Evil games (the mutant and scientist aspects), The Fly, Tiny Toons Hare Raising Night episode and Tezuka's Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature. 

Selina Kyle as a cat-girl in that episode was *wolf whistle* eh? some guys who dig Catwoman would have to admit it, i always did thought so since i was 10 years old when i saw/taped that episode on Fox and i adored Catwoman since i was 7 as she is my fave comic female character babe since seeing the 60s show with Julie Newmar even reading the comics and renting the 60's show at age 7 and seeing Batman Returns in theaters at age 10 to seeing her on the show. I just adored her when i was a kid and teen no matter how she looked in the comics (except Miller's sinead o Conner lookalike), TAS (blonde or brunette or mutated cat-girl), the 60s show (Newmar and Meriwther) with the 1966 movie/Returns versions especially Ivy, Harley, Red Claw and Zantanna. Yet some would have to admit mutated cat-girl Selina was on par with other old school feline girl beauties like Cleo from Heathcliff, Tigra from Marvel comics, Pam and Polly from that Eek the Cat episode with the two lovely cat lady witches, Bagi from Tezuka's Bagi the monster of mighty nature,  Kitten kaboodle from the Talespin Star is Torn episode, M'ress from Star Trek, Callie Briggs with the Swat Kats girls, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Kit Mambo the lioness woman from Animalympics, Jenny on Bucky O'Hare, Mirage on Aladdin and even Cheetara/Pumarya on Thundercats, LOL.

I'll second "Growing Pains".

I'm also a big fan of "Never Fear", "Heart of Ice", and "Almost Got 'Im".

Really, I could keep going for a while, a whole lot of BTAS is amazing.

Growing Pains was a tragic episode, i felt bad for Robin when i was a teen as i think Tim and Annie should had been together as a couple and she would had been raised by Bruce or someone else to be a superheroine known as Claygirl but ended in tragedy.

At least there's fanfiction where she lives and becomes a superheroine.

Heart of Ice earned that emmy well 25 years ago and before TAS, i always thought Mr Freeze was a cheesy campy villain until the show made me feel for him and rethink him. Great animation, writing and all that makes it a masterpiece.

There were so many great ones that's really hard to narrow down. The series is getting released on Blu-ray this year, maybe I'll revisit this thread after a little HD marathon.

A Bullet For Bullock is underrated, though.

I believe they might announce it at the major comic con and for a thanksgiving release.

A Bullet for Bullock was quite damned good and has a great score plus one of my childhood favorite actors Jeffrey Jones in it as the voice of the apartment manager.

Over the Edge isn't just my favorite BTAS episode, it's my most favorite Batman thing ever.

I still can't believe they did it.

Yes that was a great mind twist of an episode i always enjoyed.

Edited by Egon1982, 19 April 2018 - 03:48 PM.

#12 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11810 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

My problem with Batman is that he doesn't have Spiderman's villains.

Like GreenGoblin. I like that guy. Whatever happened to him I wonder.
From the Page of Cage!

#13 tec

tec

Give me victory

• Supporter
  • 30116 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

Uh...*checks Devcons coffee* yep just as I though spiked

The only thing I dont like about the WB era is the character design assassination of Catwoman like why does her face turn blue with the mask on?

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#14 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11810 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

not really. Not when you think about it - and it doesn't need much reflection to see what I really mean. (Hint: I was never really talking about either Batman or Spiderman)
From the Page of Cage!

#15 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6035 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

The only thing I dont like about the WB era is the character design assassination of Catwoman like why does her face turn blue with the mask on?

I hated almost all the redesigns after the move to the WB.

Except Scarecrow. I had no problem with the first design and the second was pretty cool and I had no issue with the voice actor. That said, turning him into a really evil zombie-looking Scarecrow voiced by Jeffrey freakin' Combs was hard to argue with.

#16 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6580 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:56 PM

Almost Got Im.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#17 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

May Mayhem

• Supporter
  • 61069 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

I'm still not over Growing pains. so I think that's got to stay at the top of my list. 

• tec likes this

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

#18 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:37 AM

Almost Got Im.

Very Tarantino esque masterpiece of an episode eh?

#19 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8146 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

Tyger, Tyger was just ok as an episode but it blew my mind when Batman said the rhyme at the end... and didnt make 'symmetry' rhyme 'eye'.

Tiger tiger burning bright
In the forest of the night
What (fearful?) hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry

(From memory. I can't remember that one word)

If you want to know what happened to Tygrus after, he appeared in the comic. The werewolf guy went to his island to ask for mutation help and they ended up rescuing Catwoman after she was kidnapped by Dorian the mutation doc and a controlled Manbat.

He and the werewolf were stuck fighting in a fire with Manbat. After that, I don't think they ever appear again. Manbat resurfaced with an individual Manbat personality that isn't Langstrom's.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#20 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:19 AM

I'm still not over Growing pains. so I think that's got to stay at the top of my list. 

Quite sad ending eh? i felt bad for Tim when i was a teen as he lost someone he truly loved.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users