Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

Photo
- - - - -

Rescue Bots Academy General Thread

446 replies to this topic

#401 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 276 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

Also, if he had said "baby-bot" that wouldn't mean "Hoist is literally a baby, therefore they're all actual babies somehow."

I like to imagine that their infancy is the same as our kindergarten years. They never act that young and training them to be rescuers that young would be odd now that I think about.
You will never take me alive!

#402 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:26 PM

In Life of the Party, Wedge was telling a story about how “we were in the middle of a meteor shower”. I wonder who is this we. Is “we” his friends or family members? Maybe his shipmates?

#403 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32557 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:31 PM

With season 2 having begun to air, could we get some discussion threads for the new episodes?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#404 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5071 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:39 PM

May's episodes from Discovery Family's highlights document:

• The Great Energon Rush/The Vault of the Primes premieres Saturday, May 2 at 9a/8c
    Ratchet invites the recruits to help open an ancient Cybertronian Vault. However, the vault won't give up its secrets that easily and challenges the recruits to complete an ancient sym mission to prove that they are worthy of its treasures.
  • Wild Ghost Chase/Little Plot of Horrors premieres Saturday, May 9 at 9a/8c
    For her first detective mission of year two, Whirl is tasked with investigating the paranormal with her skeptical new partner, Medix. Upon discovering the Galax plant from planet Parvus is still being housed in the academy's quarantine, Medix sets about finding the plant a new home.
  • Museum Mystery/Partners premieres Saturday, May 16 at 9a/8c
    When Chase takes Whirl on a mission to guard an exhibit at Griffin Rock’s newest museum, a major theft convinces Chase that the former criminals, and long-time Rescue Bots foes, Evan and Myles, are back in action. The entire Academy face an epic mission to rescue Cody's best friend, Frankie, who's trapped inside a seemingly impenetrable dome that's shrinking by the minute.
  • Critical Condition/Fun-Droids premieres Saturday, May 23 at 9a/8c
    Even though Medix is just trying to help his fellow Rescue Bot recruits train in new rescue techniques, the others find Medix to be overly harsh and critical. The recruits visit a fair run by a team of rule-loving Fun-Droids, but when the droids malfunction it's not just the rules that get broken.
  • Power Up and Energize/Shall We Dance? premieres Saturday, May 30 at 9a/8c
    Cody surprises the bots by making them do ballet lessons as part of their training, something which Medix finds particularly difficult to embrace.

Not sure why it's spelled "sym mission" for "The Vault of the Primes", that's odd. They seem to have missed the blurbs for a couple of episodes - according to TV Passport "The Great Energon Rush":

When Hoist goes prospecting in the hope of striking energon, he finds that rickety old mines are not built for Bots, especially big scary Dinobots.

#405 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32557 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:03 PM

Woohoo! Frankie, Evan, and Myles are coming back!

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#406 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5071 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:27 PM

I've been hoping they'd bring back some more of the RB characters!

#407 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32557 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:05 PM

Probably a long shot, but it'd be interesting to see if Frankie and Cody are more than just friends, now.

#408 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5071 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:27 AM

It'd be cool if they brought her in as an occasional teacher, though Perceptor already has science covered.

#409 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:33 AM

It seem like they’re going to start an arch episode form what we got form episode 12.

#410 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32557 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:50 PM

Could we have some more new episode discussion threads, pretty please? :)

#411 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69030 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:29 AM

Could we have some more new episode discussion threads, pretty please? :)

Email [email protected] No staff member will notice otherwise if you post to the forums. I had to do it for Cyberverse and I'm not doing that again.

ACItEK8.png

#412 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5071 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

Blurb for Power Up and Energize, thanks to TV Guide:

Each recruit receives a new tool that their individual spark picks for them. However, Hot Shot is not happy with his and convinces Wedge to swap. However, they soon discover that their 'spark' knows best.

#413 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32557 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 04:26 PM

Yep, that one's definitely out of order, taking place before some of the already-aired episodes.

#414 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5071 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:13 PM

June 6's episodes from TV Passport:

Mul-T-Change of Pace
Hot Shot is told his Mul-T-Cog can be used to MulT-Change, but discovers that the key to making that happen isn't all about himself.
Five Little Rescue Bots
Whirl's power of observation is tested when the rescue bots disappear one by one on a training exercise.

#415 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32557 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:13 AM

Return of the Minimizer, perhaps?

#416 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5071 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 04:46 PM

Discovery Family don't have their June highlights document up yet, but TV Passport has the next two episodes listed (with no date, but presumably it's the 13th):

Campfire Fright
Cody takes the Recruits on a camping trip. When he tells them a spooky campfire tale, Hot Shot gets spooked. When they return to the Academy Hot Shot hears strange sounds and comes to the conclusion that the 'Zombie Ghost Bear' has followed them back.
Good Advice
After a smug string of handing out sage advice to his fellow Bots, Medix is now faced with the dilemma of having to listen to his own "simple" words of wisdom. Wrestling over his own words, he finds out that doing the right thing isn't always easy.

#417 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5071 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:01 AM

Well,it turns out Tiny Pop in the UK have gotten the jump on Discovery Family. They're playing episodes 31 through to 40 at the rate of two per day for the next week.

Bizarrely, I can't find any info on whether they have played 25 through to 30, and I can only find info for two of those episodes:
  • Small Cogs: The recruits are all excited about getting their new Mul-T-Cogs - a little too excited, as Hot Shot convinces them to take them before they're ready. And that leads to big problems and a big decision for Hot Shot, he could have never imagined.
  • Big Wheels: As the recruits face some big decisions about their new Mul-T-Cog vehicle forms, Hot Shot must decide what's really important to his rescue work. And unexpectedly, it's his mentor, Heatwave, who's the one who inspires him.
And 31 through to 40:

• Brushfire: Whirl has got so used to being part of a team that she doesn't like to make decisions without them, even though she is perfectly capable of doing so.
  • The Ties That Bind: Whirl has to rescue a powered-down Scorch - and as he refuses to fly, spend all day towing him back to the Academy.
  • Bot Blog: Whirl is so excited to use the new Bot Blog that she posts an embarrassing video of Hot Shot without asking his permission first. When she realizes her mistake it's too late as the clip has gone viral.
  • The Icebot Cometh: A runaway train on Griffin Rock forces Wedge to reflect on his new vehicle form, while Heatwave, Hot Shot and Whirl endure the comedic stylings of Mayor Luskey.
  • More Than Meets The Eye: When the Recruits rescue a Decepticon from a damaged ship, they disagree on how to treat the 'evil' bot, forcing Wedge to reveal his biggest secret.
  • Things That Go Bot In The Night: When things mysteriously start to get damaged around the Academy, Hoist investigates. But when the evidence points to a Dinobot culprit, the whole case becomes much more personal.
  • Medix Gets Schooled: Medix is sure Perceptor will be thrilled to have him as a student. So when the science professor seems more interested in the other recruits, Medix determines to get himself noticed.
  • Rescue Teens: When some human teenagers become famous rescue heroes the Rescue Bot recruits must deal with their jealousy.
  • Enter The Flood: A field trip to a distant planet goes awry when the team accidentally interfere with the local wildlife.
  • Wizard Of Botz: Optimus Prime is meeting each recruit for their 'Student Progress Review'. Whirl fears her run of good reviews might be broken, so she does everything she can to avoid having that meeting.

So heads up, UK viewers!

#418 Arvegtor

Arvegtor
  • Citizen
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:09 AM

Well,it turns out Tiny Pop in the UK have gotten the jump on Discovery Family. They're playing episodes 31 through to 40 at the rate of two per day for the next week.

Bizarrely, I can't find any info on whether they have played 25 through to 30, and I can only find info for two of those episodes:

• Small Cogs: The recruits are all excited about getting their new Mul-T-Cogs - a little too excited, as Hot Shot convinces them to take them before they're ready. And that leads to big problems and a big decision for Hot Shot, he could have never imagined.
  • Big Wheels: As the recruits face some big decisions about their new Mul-T-Cog vehicle forms, Hot Shot must decide what's really important to his rescue work. And unexpectedly, it's his mentor, Heatwave, who's the one who inspires him.

I've just checked what they did with the entire May, and while I'm not ready to look further into the past, what I see seems to indicate that they've only broadcast episodes 1-26 from 11th to 27th. There are also minor changes in the episode order: "Vault of Primes" and "Power Up and Energize" were shown together on May, 18th; "The Great Energon Rush" and "Shall We Dance" on May, 22nd. Then after finishing the first 26 episodes on 27th with "Small Cogs" and "Big Wheels", they've started repeating the season from episode 1.

Source: https://tv24.co.uk/c...view/2020-05-11

On the other hand, Google Play actually lists the next episodes as 27-36 and not 31-40 (and doesn't have anything after them so far).

#419 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18611 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:09 AM

Is "Scorch" someone I should know and am forgetting?

Edit: Oh yeah, the Cube guy. I was indeed forgetting.

-ZacWilliam, also Ooooo a Decepticon...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 01 June 2020 - 05:12 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#420 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32557 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:19 AM

There are also minor changes in the episode order: "Vault of Primes" and "Power Up and Energize" were shown together on May, 18th; "The Great Energon Rush" and "Shall We Dance" on May, 22nd. Then after finishing the first 26 episodes on 27th with "Small Cogs" and "Big Wheels", they've started repeating the season from episode 1.

Source: https://tv24.co.uk/c...view/2020-05-11

On the other hand, Google Play actually lists the next episodes as 27-36 and not 31-40 (and doesn't have anything after them so far).

Those listings also have a bit of a different order to Season 1's episodes too.

May 11: "Tough Luck Chuck" is listed as Season 1 Episode 3 (which is how it was produced) but which aired on Discovery Family as Episode 4 since "If at first..." was aired third. 

May 12: Season 1 Episode 4 is skipped since "Whirl'd View" and "Plan Bee" air as Season 1 Episodes 5 and 6, respectively.

May 13: As expected, "If at first..." is listed as Season 1 Episode 4, but is aired in production order as the seventh episode. This sounds like the episodes are airing in production order.

May 20: Season 1 has continued to air like normal until now, where "The Big Small Rescue" is listed as Season 1 Episode 18 but is aired between "The TX3000" and "Little Bot Peep", Episodes 15 and 16, respectively.

May 21: "Driving a Wedge" is correctly listed as Season 1 Episode 17, but "Go Team, Go!" is listed as Episode 19 when it's 24 on TFWiki.

May 22: "The Secret of Flight" and "Battle of the Bots" are next, but are listed as 23 and 24 when the previous day's airings were 17 and 19 (oy vey!)

May 25: Next come "Fright at the Museum" and "Lucky Ducky", which are listed as Episodes 26 and 22.

May 26: Next are "Dog Stray Afternoon" and "About a Rock", listed here as 21 and 20

May 27: "Screen Time" is listed as 25 and "All At Sea" is 29

May 28: "All Washed Up" is 30, "Trick or Treat" is 31

May 29: "Space Case" 28, "Balloon Up A Tree" 32

That's as far as the listings go as of this typing.

Edited by Sabrblade, 01 June 2020 - 10:20 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users