Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 July 2019 - 02:24 AM)

Disparaging the youth has been a pastime for thousands of years. Pretty much every society we have writing from has some version of "kids these days" at some point.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 July 2019 - 02:21 AM)

Numfar! dance of pain.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 July 2019 - 01:49 AM)

If the USA vanished from Earth prior to millennials (later to be joined by Generation Z) coming of age, would the global community have the same magnitude of disparaging upon youths as a pastime because old boomers are insecure about their inability to handle new technology?

@  Ashley : (23 July 2019 - 12:02 AM)

This wasn't that, this was a "we don't trust banks!" thing

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 11:57 PM)

Well I know when I first got my back pay for disability, some of the paperwork said I couldn't have so much in the bank after 30 days...so I had to take out a huge chunk of cash.

@  Ashley : (22 July 2019 - 11:53 PM)

I know a family who lost thousands of dollars in a house fire because they were literally keeping it under the bed. Don't underestimate the USA's luddism.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 10:39 PM)

The US is filled with people LITERALLY proud of their ignorance of tech. Don't expect the US to be a major power in the next 30 years.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 10:25 PM)

Most people in Australia that I've heard of use electronic transactions for rent (and similar things). I mean, doubtless there are some people who use cash for various reasons of varying levels of ethics, but most require electronic transfers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:22 PM)

But I don't understand Paladin's premise of "allowing the landlord access to one's bank account". I'm pretty sure I have acquaintances who pay monthly by check or automated bank transfer.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:15 PM)

I know many lower-end restaurants in the USA take cash only as a probable method of tax evasion. Perhaps that is why some landlords do as well. Alternatively, such people demand cash upfront because they have thin profit margins or whatever and are too afraid of spending the time and effort to pursue someone whose check or electronic payment bounced.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:14 PM)

@Nevermore The USA is a place where lots of people can proliferate at being technologically behind. e.g. almost no one accepts or pays by contactless yet despite the inherent security of the process. And by having a population of over 300 million we can generate large quantities of believers in the Luddite fallacy and such.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:59 PM)

I pay by credit card whenever possible for the rewards/points, but utilities don't usually allow that so those I just pay through the online bill payment feature rather than mess around with pre-authorizations

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:57 PM)

Most monthly or whatever payments are done electronically around here, I think. Mine certainly are. Whether by pre-authorized debit, an e-transfer (transfer from one bank account to another), or your bank's online bill payment system/database

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:04 PM)

If I overpaid, it may take several months for them to pay me back the difference. If I underpaid, they're very quick with demanding the difference.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:03 PM)

Meanwhile, I can write a tax report, but since the employer already deduced the standard legal taxes from my monthly payment, the tax report is also mostly just to let the tax authority determine if I underpaid or overpaid.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:02 PM)

Based on my average costs for the year, they will then calculate the estimated monthly costs for the upcoming year.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:01 PM)

At the end of the year, the power company will send me an annual invoice which shows if I overpaid or underpaid. If I overpaid, the difference may just be deduced from my December bill.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

I also pay my monthly gas and electricity bills that way.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

It's funny. Here in Germany, many people still pay cash in stores, restaurants etc. (the staff usually asks "cash or wireless?"), but many regular payments are handled wirelessly and automatically.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Around the same time, I get sent a slip from payroll that lists my gross income, all the deductions and the net income, i.e. the final transaction sum.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:56 PM)

My monthly payment from my employer is wirelessly transferred to my bank account. Taxes, health insurance, unemployment insurance and social security fees are calculated by the payroll department, handled by the employer, and I just get paid the rest after taxes and everything.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

yes. you're assuming US employers would pay fairly & take fairly.

@  Telly : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

we dont get paid on a monthly basis, if thats what you mean. i myself get paid every 2 weeks. some are every week. and if im telling you something you already know, just ignore me...

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:54 PM)

Which I assume doesn't work that way in the US either?

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:53 PM)

That way you may time the transaction with your monthly payment from your employer.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:52 PM)

You don't need to give the landlord access to anything. You go to your bank, show the clerk your bank account card, give them the landlord's bank details, tell them the exact amount of the rent and which day of the month the transaction should happen, sign the order, and you're done.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:49 PM)

most Americans wouldn't trust a landlord with access to their bank account.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Do people in other countries really still pay their landlords in cash? Here in Germany, it's very common to have the payment as an automated bank transaction on a set day of the month, so if the payment is late, it's either the bank's fault, or there's not enough money on the bank account.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

meanwhile some of us are trying to calculate if they'll have a spare forty bucks at the end of the week for some food...

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 07:20 AM)

At least I can see where the 600 US bucks is going in this case. The MP line looks more ridiculous by the day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 July 2019 - 07:09 AM)

It's ridiculous. I'll stick to Armadacron

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 06:13 AM)

If anything, shipping is going to make the actual toy's price look affordable.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 02:28 AM)

Its like, $550 ish in US money (so probably about $800 for my Australian self) and is taller than TR Fort Max. He's gonna be a hefty boy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM)

Damn, that Unicron looks big. Not gonna be cheap

@  wonko the sane? : (21 July 2019 - 09:09 PM)

"By the way, your landlord called. Something about being late with the rent."

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2019 - 04:09 PM)

"Hi there, I'm Unicron. Your husband ordered me."

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 July 2019 - 01:17 PM)

It seems like, with these kind of things, anything not TF-specific is either in an existing thread or just not discussed since they're not part of something deemed important enough to get its own thread already.

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Yeah, but it's for Transformers specifically

@  Gryllid : (19 July 2019 - 12:39 PM)

There is. It's called "SDCC 2019 thread"

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:24 PM)

no general SDCC thread?

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:08 PM)

I never even bothered to see it.

Photo
- - - - -

Rescue Bots Academy General Thread

346 replies to this topic

#1 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16736 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

http://news.tfw2005....ing-soon-341056

Speaking to the press, Boulder Media Studio has confirmed working on two new Transformers cartoons.

While the title of one show remains unnamed, the second show is titled as Rescue Bots Academy. Along with the two new Transformers shows, the studio will also develop a new Littlest Pet Shop series and a series based on Micronauts for Hasbro Studios.

Did people know this was coming?

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17082 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

We know they are doing a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style YouTube Rescue Bots cartoon made largely out of clips of the previous show. I think maybe we got a name for that but I don't remember if it was Rescue Bots Academy or not. So no idea if this is it or different.

-ZacWilliam, we also knew Hasbro bought this animation studio and had them working on a TF cartoon of some sort but not What or for When.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9575 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

The YouTube CYOA thing was announced as "My Transformers: Rescue Bots Adventure" and was specifically called out as using pre-existing footage. So even if the name was changed, I can't imagine why an actual animation studio would need to be involved.

#4 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36200 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

'Rescue Bots Academy'  Does sound like it'd be a proper follow up to the show's events. It could still be the CYOA series, since that kinda makes sense as a 'training' type thing; but it could go either way. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17082 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:23 AM

Could be just to make a few framing sequences and composite it all together with new dialogue and stuff maybe? Or maybe not. Shrug.

Here's hoping not. I'd obviously be much happier with a new original continuing RB toon. Extra points if the "Academy" actually gives the existing RBs a bunch of new recruits to train.

-ZacWilliam, or uses or explains those "cadets" that turn up in one episode of the old show with no names or explanation and then vanish never to be seen or mentioned again.

#6 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9633 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

From the press release:

The Studio, whose current slate includes animation for 'Transformers', 'Little Pet Shop' and 'Rescue Bots Academy' and 'Micronauts' for Hasbro Studios, as well as 'Danger Mouse' and 'Dorothy and the Wonders of Oz' (Warner Brothers), is ramping up to deliver innovative animation and storytelling across multiple formats and genres.

Reference to "multiple formats" could be referring to the YouTube thing, I suppose. And someone's gonna have to edit the clips together and whatnot, possibly add in some miminimal new material. And I can easily see a "Rescue Bots Academy" framing story where "you" are the cadet and the clips are an instructional thing.

Edited by Kil, 08 June 2017 - 10:09 AM.

#7 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28149 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

-ZacWilliam, or uses or explains those "cadets" that turn up in one episode of the old show with no names or explanation and then vanish never to be seen or mentioned again.

Outside of a quick cameo appearance in Boulder's "All Spark Day" painting.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#8 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18598 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:55 AM

It is the darkest day for the fandom...

https://twitter.com/...974687529091073

chase.jpg

Let us never forget.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 09 June 2017 - 05:59 AM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#9 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18598 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

More not-to-be-forgottenness:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#10 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17082 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

I wonder which of the possibilities this actually means:

A) Chase is not in Rescue Bots Academy

B) Chase has been recast in RBA

C) RBA is only a CYOA clip show for YouTube and doesn't need new voicing for Chase.

-ZacWilliam, cause that's a decent spread of posibillity.

#11 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9633 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:39 AM

I wonder which of the possibilities this actually means:

A) Chase is not in Rescue Bots Academy

B) Chase has been recast in RBA

C) RBA is only a CYOA clip show for YouTube and doesn't need new voicing for Chase.

I thinking I'm going with C.

#12 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18598 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

More info from Douglas: https://www.dcdougla...ll-rescue-bots/

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#13 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17082 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

Sounds like he doesn't have a lot of solid info on the new show other than he's not been asked to be involved. The bit about it being cast outside of LA doesn't tell us much about it far as I know.

-ZacWilliam, it does feel weird to me that they'd recast a character like Chase at this point if it was a full ongoing show featuring the same characters...

#14 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9236 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, I mean, he really just seems to be making some assumptions going off the back of the announcement of "Academy," rather than actually having any information of his own.

#15 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9633 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

I just find it highly unlikely they'd announced the continuation of Rescue Bots as the YouTube thing and then a while later announce some other, separate new show. I obviously could be wrong, but I think they are almost certainly the same thing. 

#16 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5437 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

Whatever this Academy thing is, it has new animation and assets being made for it for sure. Boulder Studio's job lists for the project were specifically looking for designs of that and animators with Toonboom experience.

#17 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9633 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

Whatever this Academy thing is, it has new animation and assets being made for it for sure. Boulder Studio's job lists for the project were specifically looking for designs of that and animators with Toonboom experience.

Wait, has the name "Rescue Bots Academy" been out there already? 

#18 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16736 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Would they need to recruit new animators to make opening credits and scene transitions for a CYOA clip show?

#19 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51777 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Would they need to recruit new animators to make opening credits and scene transitions for a CYOA clip show?

They could drag out the Cybernet Space Cube again.

card-strongarm.jpg

#20 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18598 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

If Rescue Bots Academy lives up to its name, I'm guessing we wouldn't see Griffin Rock, where Chase is stationed as of the last episode of RB.

Well, except every Sunday night at dinner. Not sure how many of those will overlap with the episodes, though.

I don't think Blurr or Salvage had specified assignments, so they might join Heatwave and Cade at the Academy? At the very least, Blurr would keep the back-and-forth with RiD going, and Blurr was answering to Heatwave in his last RiD appearance.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users