Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 07:04 PM)

Ah damn it, need to go get some new headphones.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Power was out for most of the day, and now a boil water advisory. Been a great day so far...

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Bottom line, he reminds them alternatively of all the con men they grew up with watching on television (i.e. televangelists) or their favorite character from the Bible (i.e. Old Testament God).

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:30 PM)

Bill Maher gave an excellent explanation for why the Religious Right loves Trump so much.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2018 - 05:02 PM)

"NOOOO said the man in washington! It's belongs to the poor!"... oh boy was he wrong.

@  Paladin : (19 October 2018 - 04:34 PM)

see also Andrew Ryan

@  RichardT1977 : (19 October 2018 - 03:18 PM)

Also, "Big Father" has almost all the benefits of "Big Brother", but with none of the drawbacks.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2018 - 02:22 PM)

I'd go with "moron", personally.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 10:02 AM)

Why not both?

@  Benbot : (19 October 2018 - 09:56 AM)

I think she was a psychopath.

@  Echowarrior : (19 October 2018 - 09:50 AM)

Ayn Rand was a pretentious bitch.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 October 2018 - 09:31 AM)

But Sven makes way more sense now

@  Noideaforaname : (19 October 2018 - 09:30 AM)

Man, watching the original Voltron cartoon for the first time is so weird after having only seen the Netflix reboot.

@  D.M : (19 October 2018 - 09:09 AM)

+They don't really give a crap about God. All their religious talk is just part of the mask. They wanna look like the ideal citizen (what they consider that to be) - the most Christian of all Christians, the most patriotic of all patriots, etc.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 08:13 AM)

That's because she was also greedy, heartless, and despised the poor, which is something the right often loves more than God.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 October 2018 - 07:55 AM)

I find it rather amusing that the party of the Religious Right sees wisdom in a woman who hated the notion of God almost as much as she hated and feared the idea of being part of a family.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:39 AM)

However, another big issue is cultural differences. We do have a sense of humor, it's just different than in other cultures because it is a product of a different culture. Simply put, what you might find incredibly funny is considered unfunny by Germans... and vice versa.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:38 AM)

It's actually a multi-faceted issue. Yes, some Germans are incredibly devoid of humor, although those people exist in other countries too. I have no ideas regarding statistics, but these people exist.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:37 AM)

So, about this long-standing stereotype that "Germans have no sense of humor"...

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2018 - 03:49 AM)

I got enough Rand fighting my way through the Sword of Truth series. I can't imagine trying to read the original work.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 02:39 AM)

All the people who like Rand should go live in a big underwater city. I cannot foresee anything that could go wrong with such a scenario.

@  MidnightFox : (19 October 2018 - 01:13 AM)

Everyone needs to stop reading Rand

@  Tieria Prime : (18 October 2018 - 10:54 PM)

Gotten a new Gundam gunpla toy model kit 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2018 - 09:47 PM)

Ugh it's ridiculous how some people worship Rand's ideas.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2018 - 09:07 PM)

That's one of the things the old cable companies got right: Only one or two options per area. The illusion of choice.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2018 - 08:48 PM)

business types need to stop reading Ayn Rand.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2018 - 07:29 PM)

The streaming services are starting to get too saturated and start canabilising each other.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 October 2018 - 06:50 PM)

Good thing I never bought into VRV...Funimation is pulling out. And I got into HiDive at $4 a month.

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2018 - 10:21 AM)

The restauraunt messes up your food, you complain to customer service. Complain to 911 when you get food poisoning from said food.

@  MEDdMI : (18 October 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Ugh. I hate people sometimes.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2018 - 04:00 AM)

I mean, white people are calling the cops on black people for random shit lately, it appears.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2018 - 02:49 AM)

It's not that surprising that some people freaked out enough over Youtube being down that they'd call emergency services. I mean, I've heard of at least one instance of someone calling 911 because the restaurant didn't make a cheeseburger to their liking.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 October 2018 - 12:09 PM)

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/10/16/youtube-experiences-widespread-outage/ Just one of several stories about it.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 October 2018 - 11:59 AM)

*groan* Morons.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 October 2018 - 11:48 AM)

Yep.

@  MEDdMI : (17 October 2018 - 11:45 AM)

people were calling 911 about YouTube being down?

@  MEDdMI : (17 October 2018 - 11:45 AM)

....what

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 October 2018 - 11:39 AM)

Apparently some people freaked out so much they called 911.

@  Pennpenn : (17 October 2018 - 07:33 AM)

I was at work when it happened I guess.

@  Paladin : (17 October 2018 - 07:18 AM)

disappeared completely up its own asshole.

@  Pennpenn : (17 October 2018 - 02:14 AM)

Youtube was gone?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 October 2018 - 11:53 PM)

I actually agree with you MEDdMI, or at least be creative. x.x

@  MEDdMI : (16 October 2018 - 11:29 PM)

Death threats are boring. Get to know the person, then torment them with stuff that really gets under their skin. *evil grin*

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2018 - 10:18 PM)

YouTube is back!

@  Waspinator : (16 October 2018 - 09:55 PM)

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 October 2018 - 09:27 PM)

BTW for the three of you who haven't discovered yet, YouTube is down.

@  Telly : (16 October 2018 - 08:05 PM)

maybe this is that persons first death threat, and the creativity will come with more experiance

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 October 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Nah. Or at least not near as creative as some of them I've got. This one was a basic "If I ever see you IRL I'll slit you're throat."

@  wonko the sane? : (16 October 2018 - 06:00 PM)

was it at least a creative threat?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 October 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Speaking of which.. Got a deaththeat today on an other messageboard. :D

Photo

Interstellar Championship: IDW Thundercracker with Buster & Marissa Faireborn VS Beast Wars Transmetal Rattrap with Dinobot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Who won this fight? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

After battling to death or submission, whichever came first, who won this fight?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5023 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:19 PM

Voting goes live April 05 12:01am. Voting closes April 06 11:59pm.

card-championship.jpg

ramirezreportsraces.png

Every timeless battle must have it's finale and that's where we find ourselves as the ties are over and we're down to two teams - winner takes all! One shall stand as March Mayhem IV: Sparky Races champion and join the prestigious ranks of Liokaiser, Overlord, and Rewind/Action Man. One shall fall with a valiant effort but still well short of the Interstellar Championship.

Thundercracker flies into the finals with nary a scratch, winning the previous fight while Cogman and Sideways were too busy slugging it out to remember there was another opponent. More time has been spent by this team on movie making than death fighting. And while we anxiously await an update on the playwrights March Mayhem movie script they better come ready to fight because they're up against a stone cold killer and a pessimistic rodent along for the ride.

Speaking of the killer & the rodent Rattrap and Dinobot took a decidedly different path to these finals, waging a back and forth war with a city itself that ended in a late first round blowout while Grandus sat dormant. And to the victors go the spoils and now the Beast Wars legends have a fresh new surprisingly Maximal & Predacon sized base should they survive the finals - far from a guarantee when facing a weapon of mass destruction, a woman who knows a thing or two about those, and the cutest dog you've ever seen.

Settle into your seats - I know we're crowded now that we're down to just one location and it's a huge battlefield - so we're going to need you to fill in the details and not leave it all to Wheels Your Bot On The Ground to tell us what's happening. Give us the minute by minute news, make sure your voice and your vote is heard, go tell your friends all over the vastly huge Allspark about the fight if you don't like how it's going, and most important of all HAVE FUN - while being nice to each other. It's been a violence filled yet drama free March Mayhem and lets finish this out in style!

HHSE-badge-sig2.jpg?ssl=1

Spoiler

#2 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34825 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

Bots, ladies, and gentleman we are but one hour away from midnight and the start of the March Mayhem finals! A quick reminder that as you hopefully noticed we have two bonus fights going with big implications - settling a grudge match that has raged throughout the tournament AND getting to already choose the first entrant into March Mayhem 5. Please vote and get involved!

Before we begin I just filed a last report from the fighters camps in their Meet The Combatants threads, even if you're late to the games please check out the 32 individual team bios that the wonderful Allspark staff wrote. Whoever started the thread wrote the bio except, funnily enough, in the case of Thundercracker which was written by Jalaguy. Really proud of the backstory the team put into this and throughout the games. Our goal was to make even blowouts entertaining and I hope we accomplished that.

See you all in the crowd, hope you keep this active and go wild with your fight recaps. It's 48 hours of nonstop war to decide the Sparky Races champion!

...was there really any doubt which team I'm supporting this year? :D

40757877211_906a7c9dcd_o.jpg

#3 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25471 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:23 AM

Thundercracker, you have been a worthy adversary. Dinobot and Rattrap will have you recycled with full honors.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#4 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18389 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

This was a tough one, but I couldn't vote against the dog.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#5 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Whispered secrets of a Shattered Age! Renew this Sage!

• Staff
  • 11790 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

I demand Justice. Thunder and the crew must shred these beasts 9n the name of GRANDUS! :)

Plus, Busters gonna chow down on the rat!
  • SoS likes this

fslookup.jpg

#6 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Fair, in a condescending way

• Administrator
  • 47244 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

Thundercracker is best Seeker. I feel like basically going up against Beast Wars itself is a tough fight, but I believe he can make it. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#7 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25881 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:32 AM

I can't believe I'm rooting for a 1984 Seeker against Beast Wars characters, but that's exactly what I'm doing.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#8 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34825 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

Before the question comes up should there be a tie in this race we WILL be going into a 24 hour Sudden Death vote and will repeat that until someone has enough and it isn't tied. So lets not go there. :wtf

As for who wins the fight I really don't know. Thundercracker had such an easy path here that he could be rusty whereas Rattrap & Dinobot have been in some real fights and as the saying goes, steel hardens steel. And based on Dinobot in these games, yikes, I guess Beast Wars Megs only had to deal with a 50% Hug You Up effort. Which makes sense since in the end it took an army to bring him down.

#thiscouldgoeitherway

#9 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34825 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

18 hours in and we're tied! Wonder which way it breaks...

#10 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Fair, in a condescending way

• Administrator
  • 47244 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

You can do this, Buster, I believe in you!

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#11 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

I'm rooting for the dog and his pet F-22

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#12 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

Tóg go bog é

• Citizen
  • 3100 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

Just cast my vote, and I see it's STILL tied.

2 Timothy 3:16,17 - "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."

2 Timothy 1:9,10 - "God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."

Acts 17:30,31 - "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead."

John 3:16,17 - "For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

#13 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25471 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

When is the daughter of Duke and Lady Jaye going to be a part of the conversation?

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#14 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34825 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

wheelsyourbotontheground.png

We're less than an hour away from the midway point in the fourth championship battle in March Mayhem history. And quite literally it could not be any closer. It's like the universe said "nothing could ever top the one vote margin last year" and March Mayhem said hold my beer. These bots came to ball - and they hate the player AND the game.

Thus far from my seats this has clearly broken down into two 1 on 1 battles, and predictably that means Thundercracker vs Dinobot and Marissa Fairborn vs Rattrap. Waging war far and wide and I haven't got to see it all so I'll need YOU to fill in the blanks. But here's what I saw for each of our dual wars.

Thundercracker vs Dinobot has, best I can tell, mostly been spent with Thundercracker in vehicle mode - Dinobot in robot. The Seeker pressing the advantage from the sky and Dinobot on the ground able to stick and move enough to leave the jet with Stormtrooper level accuracy. At one point things took an epic turn as the Decepticon underestimated the vertical leap of the Predacon and it was off to the sky - Dinobot riding the plane like it was a bucking bronco. And then, obviously, raining down with the pent up fury you only get from a 32 team deathmatch tournament via sword. As far as I know Buster lived to bark about it but we doubt his robot friend has any questions about being in a fight now.

Then there's Marissa vs Rattrap and, pun intended, that one saw the daughter of G.I. icons turn things into a game of cat and mouse. Our favorite rodent is no slouch in a fight but this woman came slinging everything the EDC cache had to offer and more. At least I can report that the barrage put the fear of death back in Rattrap. And as expected at one point the Maximal fell into her ultimate mouse trap and was out of the game for several hours chewing out of it. I've lost sight of Dinobot but you have to assume Marissa hasn't just sat those few hours out. Which only elevates the mountain to be climbed to win it all.

Where it goes from here only you know so let us know what you're seeing out there. There's still a lot of battle and a lot of votes to be argued for!

#15 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5023 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

Come on guys! We can't let the one who defeated Grandus win this tournament!

--SoS

#rememberthegrand #granduslives #allsparkdiscord4buster

HHSE-badge-sig2.jpg?ssl=1

Spoiler

#16 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25471 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:37 PM

Another tie in the works?

Maybe Thundercracker and Dinobot are another duo fated for an endless conflict that spans across all time, space, and reality itself.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#17 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25471 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

Surprised nobody responded to me referring to DUKE's and Lady Jaye's daughter.

I was all primed to respond with a joke about Flint's name being on the birth certificate, but *insert scandalous rumor here*.

DBP runs off to the GI Joe thread to remind them that a Joe legacy is in the finals....

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#18 Foffy

Foffy
  • Citizen
  • 8298 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:11 AM

I kinda forgot who her parents were because I don’t know anyone in G.I. Joe by name except Snake Eyes

#19 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34825 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:22 AM

Basically I assume everything said in error around 9pm means the other person is drunk and I rarely correct them? :p

#20 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Whispered secrets of a Shattered Age! Renew this Sage!

• Staff
  • 11790 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

I’ll say one thing for Marissa. It is a lot of f8n watching her teach the sarcastic rodent that you do NOT mess with the daughter of Real American Heroes™.

Oh yeah, and its nice to have an IDW human that mostly kinda likes Transformers. :)

fslookup.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users