Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo

Warframe

25 replies to this topic

#1 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14351 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

Did a topic search, nothing came up. . .. . 

Warframe is now 5 years old.  I started playing about a month ago with friends from work. It's a free game on Xbox, PC, and PS4.  You play, basically, a space ninja who kicks ass for materials used to make new gear.  

You spend real money for more spots to hold weapons and Warframes (the afformentioned space ninjas) or you can grind and trade your way though.  Everything is available to purchase for real money, but you can also just play the game and earn it all.  

With the 5 year anniversary comes gifts.  A free skin for the best starter warframe, Excalibur, and 4 *very* easy quests to give you a new primary, secondary, melee, and a shiny cape for your warframes.  Each comes with a free weapon slot so you don't have to give up your owned weapons or spend money to get new spots and each one has an "orokin reactor" installed.  What that does is give you double the mod space so you can make your weaponry even more jacked and powerful.

Is there anyone else here that plays?  

This is what I've been playing since Destiny 2 has hit a drag.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#2 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29039 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

I might as well go in and restart I guess.

Ironbite-haven't played in a long time.

xC9l3eY.gif

#3 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

I looked into it back when I was deciding whether to keep banging my head against Destiny 2 or jump back into Halo 5.

It looked a little rough, but I hear it's a ton of fun. It's third-person rather than first person, right?

~Marduk (I ended up going with H5. Haven't had this much fun with it since launch.)

#4 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14351 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, it's third person. 

That's pretty much the choice I made. Had friends who were playing it. I'd done everything available in Destiny 2.  Just don't feel like puttering around for nothing in D2 right now.  It's just not fun at this point. Hoping the next DLC will change things.

#5 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

Maybe on Earth. Maybe in the Future.

• Citizen
  • 14433 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

So, reviving this thread cause there was some pretty major drops at this year's Tennocon:

First up, new open world area in Venus, Speederbikes and FULL ON SHIP TO SHIP COMBAT, COMPLETE WITH BOARDING ACTION.

Second is a teaser for the next major quest. Trailer contains MAJOR spoilers for The Sacrfice quest, so if you haven't completed that wait until you finish that.

I absolutely can't wait for all of this upcoming stuff.

"Whether it's directly or not, you prey on others to live. That reality never changes. And it's the same for everyone here."

#6 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18718 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

Ms Virion suggested that I try it out, since it's coming to Switch. Seems pretty good, though I've only just started.

Need to fine tune the controls a little before I get much further in. Waaay too sensitive for my controller.

My only serious complaint so far is that it's visually super muddy. Hopefully things get more colorful and vivid once you get out of the opening areas, but so far it's kind of hard to tell one thing from another.

Minor complaint that it seems gender is tied to class and that always leaves me a bit irked. Not a major issue, but it stands out to me.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 07 July 2018 - 10:52 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#7 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14351 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

Gender is meaningless with regards to Warframe.  Not going to spoil any story, but just play it.  Gender is meaningless.

#8 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18718 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

Except that a number of the descriptions of the frames on the website use gendered pronouns, so there is explicit sex and gender attached to some of the individual frames.  Now, looking into it some more, it seems to be because

Spoiler

Which does help clear up the lore side of things and is actually a pretty fascinating concept to explore.

In any case, given there's a pretty wide array of available warframes of many styles and designs and how customizable they are, it's not as much of an issue as it would be in other instances.  This doesn't suffer from the woman=weak-and-fast/man=strong-and-slow thing. For someone who traditionally plays female characters in fantasy settings like this, it's something I look out for.

Having put a few more hours into the game, I definitely like it.  I love how fluidly I can swap into and out of melee combat and that melee is an actual skill and not just I-hit-you-with-gun thing.  I love my bo-staff/machine gun combo XD

Plays like a dream, too.  Haven't had to fiddle with the graphics settings much outside of fitting it to my screen and turning off motion blur.

nzo8WYb.png

#9 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14351 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

Spoiler

#10 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

• Citizen
  • 14433 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

Spoiler

Just gonna put this out there that this is BIG SPOILERS for one of the questlines.

Anyways, how far are you into the Solar Chart so far Doc?

"Whether it's directly or not, you prey on others to live. That reality never changes. And it's the same for everyone here."

#11 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18718 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

Anyways, how far are you into the Solar Chart so far Doc?

Not far yet.  Not had much time to really settle down and play.  Haven't even got off Earth yet, mainly because I'm trying to hunt down a specific enemy type to kill so I can unlock the Venus junction. Gotta get one more Eximus.  Got stymied for a bit because I forgot what they looked like, but now I know... just gotta find the time to actually do it.

nzo8WYb.png

#12 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18718 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

13 hours in and I am enjoying the hell out of this game.

So, like, I'm doing a defense mission, right? And I'm dakka-dakka-ing waves of enemies with my rifle.  Oh, what's that?  Enemies getting too close and numerous?  Lemme just break my hugging bo-staff and just start going to town!  What's that?  Too many for even that?  Lemme just break out my hugging energy sword that crackles with lighting and shoots waves of energy and just mow down the enemies in literal droves.

Mind the gap? More like, double-jump the gap and then glide to the other side!  Wall jumping, ledge grabbing, double-jumping, gliding (while shooting!) the mobility in this game is off the chain.  I am so looking forward to the open map with Fortuna, it's not even funny.

My only complaints so far is that it's kind of hard to judge where to find materials for building things.  That or I just don't get what the material descriptions are referring to.  In fact, knowing where to go is kind of a bit issue I've had over all.  I mean, I've not encountered anything I didn't like, but so far I feel like there's a lack of overarching direction that would otherwise push me in a specific direction.  I freed my warframe and then the story just sort of sputters to a halt.  I'm three worlds in and so far I don't really get a sense for an overall plot or direction.  That may be intentional, that your main job after being freed is mostly to just go around doing missions and stuff till certain conditions are met.  But I do feel that it's not very clearly set out before the player.

But hug it, just going around and doing missions is hella fun enough on its own, perhaps more story focus would only get in the way of laying down a swath of destruction before you XD

nzo8WYb.png

#13 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14511 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:16 AM

on the mission select screen if you press i believe  R3 it'll put up a menu of whats available on that planet Doc.  

#14 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14351 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

the story is very slow to roll out.  They want you at higher power levels before tackling certain things.  Be sure to check your codex to see if new missions have popped up there for you

#15 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

• Citizen
  • 14433 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:05 PM

Late Game Warframe gets really fun and insane with some of the latter Frames that are available to you.

#16 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18718 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:27 AM

Death Metal, indeed!

nzo8WYb.png

#17 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14351 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:16 PM

Tennocon is happening now on Twitch.  Log in and get free Primes

#18 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18718 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:17 PM

Missed the gun, but managed to snag Hydroid Prime, so that was cool.

Also, like, super pumped for the new infested area and power swapping.  That just sounds all kinds of awesome!

nzo8WYb.png

#19 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14511 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:39 PM

i loved everything i saw on the VoD. missed all the free stuff though, is the pistol good? 

#20 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51654 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:52 AM

I believe I fulfilled the requirements to receive Hydroid Prime at least, but didn't get anything, which I think had to be due to some kind of glitch. I was only really interested in the pistol as well. 

But it's small potatoes. I'm really looking forward to the new open world and its gorgeous visual design, as well as being able to replace Nova's useless 2 with whichever of Wisp's 2 or 3 she grants.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users