Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 September 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Funny thing is, I think the pocket edition graphics give the game more personality.

@  MEDdMI : (06 September 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Final Finception

@  Waspinator : (06 September 2018 - 10:29 PM)

They've made a PS4 version of Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. For those keeping score, it's the PS4 version of a smartphone version of a PS4 game.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Ah HA! turns out the trick to installing the rift software was to run it as an admin. Stupid windows 10.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Awright! I got the display port working! Which means I can now connect my occulus rift!

@  MEDdMI : (04 September 2018 - 10:38 PM)

*just stares*

@  Noideaforaname : (04 September 2018 - 09:36 PM)

Hello there

Photo

WELCOME TO MARCH MAYHEM IV: SPARKY RACES!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34823 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

post-3559-0-76866400-1519789941.jpg

ABOUT MARCH MAYHEM

For the past three years, The Allspark has observed the grand tradition of March Mayhem, an annual championship which pits robot against robot and which may possess the ability to magic new toys of the winner into existence. I mean, we're not saying anything, but we're two for two three for three now, y'know? Anyway, this year we're doing something a little different.

In 2015, the Combiners did battle, and Liokaiser emerged victorious. In 2016, the many Masters clashed, and Overlord reigned supreme. Then in 2017 we had A REVOLUTIONARY WAR! and Rewind & Action Man won both the battle AND the war.

We liked the tag-teams so much that they're back this year (though we've expanded the scope of the partners a bit). For March Mayhem IV: Sparky Races we've spared no expense abducting 32 teams from various points in space and time across multiple realities and brought them together for one insane demolition derby of destruction! That's why we're calling it Sparky Races because it's the only kind of racing The Allspark cares about - violent and action packed!

As you will see below we have each first round battle set up in it's own thread with a brief intro and then it's up to you to take over the tragedy and tell us what happens next. Before you vote however you're going to want to pop into the MEET THE COMBATANTS subforum to read individual bios on each and every team. Learn more about the teams and what tech and surprises they have in store.

So prepare your brackets, support your favorite duos, vote for your choices in each round, and let Mayhem commence!

THE PRIZE

This year, the user whose bracket ends up most accurate to the final results will win a Titans Return Trypticon figure!

Trypticon-1.jpg

THE RULES

Check out the "Post Your Brackets" thread to see the full 32-team bracket. To be eligible for the prize, you must post your bracket in that thread either as a text list, image, or PDF by 11:59PM Eastern time on March 23rd. If you edit the post or image after that, you won't be eligible to win (but you can still vote and enjoy the games!), so get those brackets in quick!

Scoring:

Thrill-Kill 32 - Each correct pick is worth 1 point

Cesium 16 - 2 points
Furious 8 - 4 points
Fast 4 - 8 points
Interstellar Challenge Championship - 12 points

Highest points after all votes are in wins! In the event of a tie, we'll pick a name from a hat (well, y'know, virtually).

THE SCHEDULE

Each round will be played via a series of polls posted in the March Mayhem IV forum. There will be a 1-2 day break between each round. All times are Eastern.

March 23 11:59PM: User brackets due, the games begin!
March 24 12:00AM - March 25 11:59PM: Round of 32 voting
March 27 12:00AM - March 28 11:59PM: Round of 16 voting
March 30 12:00AM - March 31 11:59PM: Round of 8 voting
April 2 12:00AM - April 3 11:59PM: Round of 4 voting
April 5 12:00AM - April 6 11:59PM: Championship voting
April 7 12:00AM - Champion and winning bracket announced!

THE PLAYERS

Check out card art for each March Mayhem tag team in their own thread for individual discussion in the MEET THE COMBATANTS! forum. Add your favorite player to your signature here on the boards, and start campaigning to convince people to vote the way you want them to! Remember, in this contest, the popular vote actually matters! 

Q&A

Any questions or comments? Post 'em below! Otherwise, go Post Your Bracket, and let the Mayhem begin!

Edited by SoS, 18 March 2018 - 01:21 AM.

...was there really any doubt which team I'm supporting this year? :D

40757877211_906a7c9dcd_o.jpg

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Feeling nutty, but also grainy

• Administrator
  • 47105 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

Since I wasn't involved much last year, clarifying question: Are competitors and voters allowed / encouraged to comment and discuss in the teams' Meet the Combatants threads?

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34823 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

There weren't character bios like that last year. Not sure if it was ever done before. Left them open so people could comment and/or add. Which means the fun and games can start now. Maybe some of the writers can respond. If demand, well, demands it I'm sure I can come up with some more G1 Prime's ghost channeling angry Movie Prime quotes talking crap about Optimal Optimus. :D

#4 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25378 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

I wrote a few of the bios, and would most definitely welcome people chiming in with their thoughts, even before voting goes live.

Add to the story. Speculate on abilities or flaws they might have that didn't make it into the bios.

Do your best to sway the vote in your favor. Trash the ones you want to lose! Hype the ones you want to win!

It's all good!

Edited by D Buster Prime, 18 March 2018 - 11:20 AM.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#5 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2037 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:43 AM

Gonna ask a dumb question as I read the bios: Is this "who would win in a Twisted Metal/Mad Max deathmatch" or "Who would win in a Mario Kart-style race?" 'Cos that'll directly affect who I pick. The initial writeup made me think the former, but the bios make me think the latter.

Edited by Fear or Courage, 19 March 2018 - 07:44 AM.

#6 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Feeling nutty, but also grainy

• Administrator
  • 47105 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

Since this got answered on the Discord, I'm going to answer it here, too, since FoC might not be the only one wondering. = ]

Definitely think more Mad Max deathmatch. = ] Each match is a demolition derby duel between heavily armed alien robot vehicles and some are going to have to depend more on brawn than speed to win. That doesn't exempt wacky turnarounds through wackier gadgets and the like, which is why we've included the lists of Weapons & Tech, which you can certainly think of in a Mario Kart power-up light.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 19 March 2018 - 09:09 AM.

• SoS likes this
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#7 Liocaesar

Liocaesar
  • Protoform
  • 3 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

This looks like fun!

#8 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34823 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Note from DIscord in case it's relevant. Quoting myself

I won't at everyone again but please read - we've chosen chaos for March Mayhem IV 2nd round and if there are any ties tonight all teams from that fight advance to the next round. Which depending on if both matches in one region are tied mean 3 or 4 team winner take all regional championships. Scoring wise you get your points if your team somehow survives the Cesium even tied. If that doesn't make perfect sense @SoS will explain because this was his call. lol

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users