Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done Pokéball red and white, but I don't know about specific Pokédex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo
- - - - -

War for Cybertron: Siege General Discussion - new listings (Leader Shockwave!) page 71

1634 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16394 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

We'll need one eventually so, why not now.

What do we know?

It's a trilogy starting in Jan 2019 (Meaning Nov/Dec 2018) following the style of Prime Wars. It's about fighting on Cybertron before the TFs came to Earth and is inspired by War Dawn and Tetra-jets and such from G1.

Random thoughts:

I think there's two obvious ways this could go: 84 to 85 guys all redone to be Cybertronian OR continuing like Prime Wars but with a new name and mixing 84-86 redup with an ample helping on 87-90whatever. Either could "fit" this theme.

The Titan Master/Prime Master pricepoint seems to be doing well for Hasbro. I expect they'll want to keep it around. I have to wonder how they'll do that. Maybe Micromaster/Minicon homages? Or something new?

Ooo, I just realized that this setting is totally the home of the Guardian Robots, isn't it? That makes Omega Supreme feel like a really good fit for a 2019 Titan figure.

Hmm... Hasbro said at Hascon that they are aware we really want guys like Ape Face and Snapdragon that Titans Return skipped... they made it sound like they were on that... but those guys are pretty dependent on animal modes that don't seem to gel with this theme... hmmm...

I'll be curious if it'll follow suit with how PotP reused molds and ideas from CW and TR and continue with CW style combiners here and there.

-ZacWilliam, I doubt we'll learn much more before SDCC in July, if then. Lots of time to speculate...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 February 2018 - 08:49 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4185 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

So where has it been said it was going to be a "prequel" series?  I missed that somewhere, still not unconvinced that people are misconstruing the name with the game prequel with the same name.

That in mind, I'm saying it's going to be "Cyberverse: Generations" with a little bit of Galaxy Force thrown in for variety.  Hasbro putting a LOT of resources into Authentics/Evergreen/Cyberverse, and I don't see the collector segment being left out.

And...I"m wondering if we'll see them move away from overt line-wide gimmicks this time?  With the increased focus on gimmicks in Cyberverse, maybe they'll hunker back down on designs, engineering, and characters.

The sub-$10 price point could be taken with Minicons/partner figures like we used to get in the Legends assortment before priced out.  That'd make them more "stand alone" and not line/gimmick dependent.  I'm also expecting the overall line price to finally get on par with Studio Series.  Maybe getting rid of those damned stickers in the process.

The arrival of HasLabs says to me that Hasbro might be willing to be more experimental, so maybe they'll leverage that venue to finish off some of the figures we didn't get in the prior lines.

After all, who wouldn't want a Voyager/Leader figure of THIS:

http://news.tfw2005....el-sheet-358874

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 17 February 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#3 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51238 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

Pretty much anything post '85 could fit as far as altmodes go.

I don't see anything that would prevent Apeface or Snapdragon from appearing.

card-strongarm.jpg

#4 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1138 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

I figure it'll be '84/'85 guys done in MTMTE toon alt-modes. I don't remember "War Dawn," but that's what I think of when I think of TF's on Cybertron before they came to Earth.  It's the most logical design direction, especially if they're doing the Seekers.  So a pre-Earth Bumblebee, which is something I'd want, and a bunch of other guys, I guess.

I'd kind of like to see a Beast Machines aesthetic if we got any beasts though.  Not quite the mechanical animals of G1 or Transmetal Beast Wars.  Kind of like the cobra/snake guy they released, or that one tan/orange bull.  Less Ravage, more toy Terrasaur when it comes to designs.

Single-packed mini-cons or micromasters with minicon ports as a replacement for the Titan/Prime masters would be awesome.  Unbearably awesome. So awesome that I don't think the world could contain it's awesomeness. I'd prefer more standardized transformations (ala micromasters), but that's not a requirement. Just give me some updated micromasters already.*

~Marduk (*I count them as "new" because they're not as well known / used)

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16394 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

So where has it been said it was going to be a "prequel" series?  I missed that somewhere, still not unconvinced that people are misconstruing the name with the game prequel with the same name.

I was following 4 or so different twitter accounts from the presentation and I'm pretty sure multiple of them quoted Hasbro as to it being a prequel based on War Dawn and MTMTE and such. I mean it's always a scramble of quick typing during that stuff but it sounded pretty official and announced.

-ZacWilliam, if I have a chance I'll scan back through twitter.

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16394 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Here we go. From Ben Yee reporting from the Hasbro panel:

https://twitter.com/...946139031228417

"(They) Want to tell the story of the war on Cybertron before they came to Earth. NOT based on the video games. #HasbroToyFair #NYTF #Transformers"

-ZacWilliam, so that seems pretty clear

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 February 2018 - 08:29 PM.

#7 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4185 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Well, there I go.  Seems odd to launch it NOW when they still haven't announced anything for Transformers Zero....Unless it's farther ahead than we know and we'll get a real media project tied into this line.

#8 Lancer

Lancer

Doggo of Ulster

• Citizen
  • 24356 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

bleeeeeeeeeeeech

#9 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

I'd love to see some more generic cybertronians. Like the dropkick haulers from War Dawn, along with the decepticon warriors they carried.

#10 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2482 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

I just hope the line provides some good figures, I expect CW/TR/POTP molds to get reused in some fashion, the deluxes been pretty good at times, voyagers is a bit of a mixed bag. As for the story, the War before they came to Earth, IDW have covered some of that time frame in their comics unless IDW are planning a massive reboot of the comics, thou I doult that will happen any time soon, so I expect it likely take place after the Primacy comic, IF IDW do a comic adaption of it and then there is Machinima, if the deal between them and Hasbro is still on at that point, thinking about it, makes me dread their story.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#11 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 8722 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

Er, the thread's title. War for, not Fall of.

#12 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3376 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Here we go. From Ben Yee reporting from the Hasbro panel:

https://twitter.com/...946139031228417

"(They) Want to tell the story of the war on Cybertron before they came to Earth. NOT based on the video games. #HasbroToyFair #NYTF #Transformers"

dPXP8lz.jpg

Edited by Locoman, 17 February 2018 - 08:47 PM.

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#13 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

I'd never actually expect this to happen, but I'd love an Animated cybertronian Bumblebee/Hot Shot mold.

#14 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16394 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Er, the thread's title. War for, not Fall of.

I don't know what you'retalking about.

I didn't just go and fix that.

-ZacWilliam, ;)

#15 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10627 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

Where was this stated to start in Jan? I didnt see any indication POTP was not an 18-month line.

Edited by Spectre, 17 February 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#16 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1728 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

I am actually intrigued and hopeful about this line. I mean, if they're dead set on doing 84-85 stuff anyway, this seems like as good a spin as any to try and make it a little different.

#17 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5133 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

im expecting tetrajets with stickers
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#18 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16394 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

Where was this stated to start in Jan? I didnt see any indication POTP was not an 18-month line.

TFU.Info reported it in their tweets from their interview with Hasbro at the show.

-ZacWilliam, there are some exclusives yet to be announced but that's it. WFC starts in Jan (which means Nov/Dec)

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 February 2018 - 09:11 PM.

#19 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5005 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

Power of the Primes is only going to last 4 waves, and not all size classes get 4 waves (boooooo). So as Zac mentioned, First part of the New trilogy will start trickling Nov/Dec.

--SoS

Edited by SoS, 17 February 2018 - 09:25 PM.

HHSE-badge-sig2.jpg?ssl=1

Spoiler

#20 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62937 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

I want Skywarp in wave 1.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic