Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 06:31 PM)

I stopped reading it.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 06:04 PM)

If talking about it here is all it takes to get you, why hasn't the oreo thread killed you yet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. Of your stomach.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

Hey man, how you deal with yo problems is yo bidness.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 04:08 PM)

I did no such thing! I am innocent of the pop tart corruption!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 02:57 PM)

You guys made me buy cinnamon roll Pop Tarts today.

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:38 PM)

@D Immortalis Just fill the bag with air first and pop that? XP Oh, and you won't like that I grew up microwaving them more often than actually toasting. ;)

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:37 PM)

@MEDdMI Yeah, the even more artificial flavors like S'more are the ones that usually taste good cold. There exceptions... I think it was Sugar Cookie that needed to be toasted...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 02:19 PM)

And.. Amazon is borked.

@  Donocropolis : (16 July 2018 - 05:55 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw - Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered him and P/CP

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Repugnus up

@  Paladin : (15 July 2018 - 07:41 PM)

or add peanut butter.

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 07:33 PM)

Nuke them enough in the microwave....?

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 06:43 PM)

if po tarts dont POP then they become a lie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 05:10 PM)

I typically just went for the traditional flavours... I think mostly Rasberry or Strawberry. I'll have to pick up a box next time I'm out

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

@Otaku I've tried that too with a few of them. I liked the soda flavored ones they had. Too bad they were limited. :(

@  Otaku : (15 July 2018 - 03:48 PM)

@D Immortalis Most Pop-Tarts I like are better eaten frozen... and the only reason I started doing that is because Pop-Tarts commercials told me to try them that way. XD

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 03:03 PM)

woohoo, just got my tickets to see From Ashes To New and Hollywood Undead on the 26th!

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 10:07 AM)

oh wow Jazz has heel spurs.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 July 2018 - 06:32 AM)

That's basically what happened to me. I was on that aisle for completely other reasons, caught sight of them in my peripheral, and then... just couldn't stop thinking about them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 02:47 AM)

Hungry for pop tarts now - haven't had those in years

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

anyone that doesnt put theit pop tarts in a toaster is a heretic.

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

Do they still make the cinnamon-brown sugar ones?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:03 PM)

Yup. And?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 08:29 PM)

Aren't Pop Tarts like, totally junk for you by the definition of the word?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Four IS standard... but it's been so long I had forgotten.

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 July 2018 - 07:29 PM)

Bah, wonko, I remember when 4 was STANDARD

@  Paladin : (14 July 2018 - 04:10 PM)

https://twitter.com/NickRoche/status/1018234094310879234 people suck...

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 01:10 PM)

Me: opening a box of pop tarts. "Oh my god! There's FOUR in here?!?! Score!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Well, some people are into shopping, anyway.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Taiwanese Costco also has lots of things that shoppers would want!

@  unluckiness : (14 July 2018 - 10:18 AM)

The Taiwan Costco I visited once was nice but I have to question why our guide thought it'd be a good place to bring tourists.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:40 AM)

Lower prices, lower taxes, bigger selection... yeah, I can see that happening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Didn't a Washington Costco make the news a couple years ago for being sheerly flooded with customers from British Columbia?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 July 2018 - 01:25 AM)

That's cool. There's a Sam's Club in Niagara Falls, where I tend to cross the border, but I've never been in. I'm a Costco member, but not Sam's Club; and unfortunately Costco makes sure there aren't any locations in the US too near the Canadian border

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Nope, not the battle damaged version. He got it from his cousin, whose family has a camping ground in... I wanna say new york state, but I'm probably wrong. Just across the border anyway.

@  Nevermore : (13 July 2018 - 06:36 PM)

Sam's Club exclusive was the battle damaged version, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 July 2018 - 06:34 PM)

He's got friends on the other side.

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 July 2018 - 06:08 PM)

where'd your nephew get a US retailer exclusive

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:39 PM)

Alright, I managed to identify him. The 2007 voyager class that was apparently exclusive to sam's club.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Well, that was a nice surprise. Me nephew (the 10 year old.) just gave me an optimus prime that's minorly older than he is.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 10:25 AM)

Nah, even better. He'll be a memory of the mission briefing. Just a voice over. Four different figures in the toyline, but not actually in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (13 July 2018 - 10:06 AM)

I am 110% sure that Optimus will show up, even as a transmission or something. At least maybe we can get a cybertronian form this time.

@  Pennpenn : (13 July 2018 - 09:55 AM)

At least one Optimus sodding Prime.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 06:57 AM)

Same way as always: completely unrelated figures and models that weren't even in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (12 July 2018 - 11:47 PM)

I think that's a given, though, given the small number of transformers in Bee Movie, I wonder how they'll fill the toyline

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 July 2018 - 02:07 PM)

Yeah. I'm hoping with the new film, we might get something closer to the deluxe range

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 July 2018 - 01:20 PM)

Isn't the Masterpiece the only recent VW G1-looking Bee?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:02 AM)

Especially when they are questioned directly and respond by dodging the question.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:01 AM)

Watching hypocrites parade their high ground is equally amusing and cringeworthy.

Photo
- - - - -

War for Cybertron: Siege General Discussion - first toy images, page 19

726 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16292 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

We'll need one eventually so, why not now.

What do we know?

It's a trilogy starting in Jan 2019 (Meaning Nov/Dec 2018) following the style of Prime Wars. It's about fighting on Cybertron before the TFs came to Earth and is inspired by War Dawn and Tetra-jets and such from G1.

Random thoughts:

I think there's two obvious ways this could go: 84 to 85 guys all redone to be Cybertronian OR continuing like Prime Wars but with a new name and mixing 84-86 redup with an ample helping on 87-90whatever. Either could "fit" this theme.

The Titan Master/Prime Master pricepoint seems to be doing well for Hasbro. I expect they'll want to keep it around. I have to wonder how they'll do that. Maybe Micromaster/Minicon homages? Or something new?

Ooo, I just realized that this setting is totally the home of the Guardian Robots, isn't it? That makes Omega Supreme feel like a really good fit for a 2019 Titan figure.

Hmm... Hasbro said at Hascon that they are aware we really want guys like Ape Face and Snapdragon that Titans Return skipped... they made it sound like they were on that... but those guys are pretty dependent on animal modes that don't seem to gel with this theme... hmmm...

I'll be curious if it'll follow suit with how PotP reused molds and ideas from CW and TR and continue with CW style combiners here and there.

-ZacWilliam, I doubt we'll learn much more before SDCC in July, if then. Lots of time to speculate...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 February 2018 - 08:49 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4048 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

So where has it been said it was going to be a "prequel" series?  I missed that somewhere, still not unconvinced that people are misconstruing the name with the game prequel with the same name.

That in mind, I'm saying it's going to be "Cyberverse: Generations" with a little bit of Galaxy Force thrown in for variety.  Hasbro putting a LOT of resources into Authentics/Evergreen/Cyberverse, and I don't see the collector segment being left out.

And...I"m wondering if we'll see them move away from overt line-wide gimmicks this time?  With the increased focus on gimmicks in Cyberverse, maybe they'll hunker back down on designs, engineering, and characters.

The sub-$10 price point could be taken with Minicons/partner figures like we used to get in the Legends assortment before priced out.  That'd make them more "stand alone" and not line/gimmick dependent.  I'm also expecting the overall line price to finally get on par with Studio Series.  Maybe getting rid of those damned stickers in the process.

The arrival of HasLabs says to me that Hasbro might be willing to be more experimental, so maybe they'll leverage that venue to finish off some of the figures we didn't get in the prior lines.

After all, who wouldn't want a Voyager/Leader figure of THIS:

http://news.tfw2005....el-sheet-358874

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 17 February 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#3 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51165 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

Pretty much anything post '85 could fit as far as altmodes go.

I don't see anything that would prevent Apeface or Snapdragon from appearing.

card-strongarm.jpg

#4 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1043 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

I figure it'll be '84/'85 guys done in MTMTE toon alt-modes. I don't remember "War Dawn," but that's what I think of when I think of TF's on Cybertron before they came to Earth.  It's the most logical design direction, especially if they're doing the Seekers.  So a pre-Earth Bumblebee, which is something I'd want, and a bunch of other guys, I guess.

I'd kind of like to see a Beast Machines aesthetic if we got any beasts though.  Not quite the mechanical animals of G1 or Transmetal Beast Wars.  Kind of like the cobra/snake guy they released, or that one tan/orange bull.  Less Ravage, more toy Terrasaur when it comes to designs.

Single-packed mini-cons or micromasters with minicon ports as a replacement for the Titan/Prime masters would be awesome.  Unbearably awesome. So awesome that I don't think the world could contain it's awesomeness. I'd prefer more standardized transformations (ala micromasters), but that's not a requirement. Just give me some updated micromasters already.*

~Marduk (*I count them as "new" because they're not as well known / used)

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16292 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

So where has it been said it was going to be a "prequel" series?  I missed that somewhere, still not unconvinced that people are misconstruing the name with the game prequel with the same name.

I was following 4 or so different twitter accounts from the presentation and I'm pretty sure multiple of them quoted Hasbro as to it being a prequel based on War Dawn and MTMTE and such. I mean it's always a scramble of quick typing during that stuff but it sounded pretty official and announced.

-ZacWilliam, if I have a chance I'll scan back through twitter.

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16292 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Here we go. From Ben Yee reporting from the Hasbro panel:

https://twitter.com/...946139031228417

"(They) Want to tell the story of the war on Cybertron before they came to Earth. NOT based on the video games. #HasbroToyFair #NYTF #Transformers"

-ZacWilliam, so that seems pretty clear

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 February 2018 - 08:29 PM.

#7 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4048 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Well, there I go.  Seems odd to launch it NOW when they still haven't announced anything for Transformers Zero....Unless it's farther ahead than we know and we'll get a real media project tied into this line.

#8 Jetstream C-18

Jetstream C-18

Fishing has gone to the dogs

• Citizen
  • 24305 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

bleeeeeeeeeeeech

#9 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1706 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

I'd love to see some more generic cybertronians. Like the dropkick haulers from War Dawn, along with the decepticon warriors they carried.

#10 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2333 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

I just hope the line provides some good figures, I expect CW/TR/POTP molds to get reused in some fashion, the deluxes been pretty good at times, voyagers is a bit of a mixed bag. As for the story, the War before they came to Earth, IDW have covered some of that time frame in their comics unless IDW are planning a massive reboot of the comics, thou I doult that will happen any time soon, so I expect it likely take place after the Primacy comic, IF IDW do a comic adaption of it and then there is Machinima, if the deal between them and Hasbro is still on at that point, thinking about it, makes me dread their story.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#11 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8652 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

Er, the thread's title. War for, not Fall of.

#12 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3198 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Here we go. From Ben Yee reporting from the Hasbro panel:

https://twitter.com/...946139031228417

"(They) Want to tell the story of the war on Cybertron before they came to Earth. NOT based on the video games. #HasbroToyFair #NYTF #Transformers"

dPXP8lz.jpg

Edited by Locoman, 17 February 2018 - 08:47 PM.

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#13 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

I'd never actually expect this to happen, but I'd love an Animated cybertronian Bumblebee/Hot Shot mold.

#14 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16292 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Er, the thread's title. War for, not Fall of.

I don't know what you'retalking about.

I didn't just go and fix that.

-ZacWilliam, ;)

#15 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10617 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

Where was this stated to start in Jan? I didnt see any indication POTP was not an 18-month line.

Edited by Spectre, 17 February 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#16 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1721 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

I am actually intrigued and hopeful about this line. I mean, if they're dead set on doing 84-85 stuff anyway, this seems like as good a spin as any to try and make it a little different.

#17 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5113 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

im expecting tetrajets with stickers
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#18 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16292 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

Where was this stated to start in Jan? I didnt see any indication POTP was not an 18-month line.

TFU.Info reported it in their tweets from their interview with Hasbro at the show.

-ZacWilliam, there are some exclusives yet to be announced but that's it. WFC starts in Jan (which means Nov/Dec)

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 February 2018 - 09:11 PM.

#19 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 4898 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

Power of the Primes is only going to last 4 waves, and not all size classes get 4 waves (boooooo). So as Zac mentioned, First part of the New trilogy will start trickling Nov/Dec.

--SoS

Edited by SoS, 17 February 2018 - 09:25 PM.

VOTE SIDEWAYS: BECAUSE WE CAN ALL USE A LITTLE CHAOS IN OUR LIVES

39863176735_f399ce0975_o.jpg

Spoiler

#20 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62409 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

I want Skywarp in wave 1.

Reply to this topic