Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

Photo
- - - - -

War for Cybertron: Siege discussion - Walmart Netflix line, Page 440

9218 replies to this topic

#41 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17704 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:23 AM

Not sure I like the concept of "different design direction" at all, since I'm rather happy with the Generations aesthetic and if it veers so far as to not look "right" together on the same shelf then my interest nosedives. I've got too big an "investment" in the current "look" toys to want to do all the same characters again in a new ethos.

Also, "bridge what different markets find desirable in a design" seems strange to me. Is there a market where some alternate aesthetic is way more popular than Generations? Size/price favored varies by market, but look? I suppose maybe that will mean more when we see them.

That said, weirdly maybe, I react much more positively to the idea that somehow these toys are different enough at a fundamental level that the 2 pack Deluxes literally Could Not be reused from the old lines. Like what the hell does that mean? Do all the new figures have some sort of gadget or gimmick that is an intrinsic part of them? Does it have something to do with their being 2-packs? Do they interact with each other somehow? Electronics seems doubtful financially, but... huh. I'm just really intreagued by what that could mean and that they're doing something THAT different as I kinda expected WFC to mostly be more of the same. Big change is at least something new.

-ZacWilliam, on the downside again if WFC figures are so inherently different from Prime Wars that no mold reuse is possible then probably no CW style Combiners? No Seacons or P.Monsters? :p

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 18 February 2018 - 04:25 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#42 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22949 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:27 AM

Maybe the new design direction is 'personality' and 'character design', that'd be a neat gimmick to have again.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#43 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:46 AM

Hopefully they pick characters from other continuities but midly G1ify, not too much that they lose anything cool about them but enough as to not stand out, like an Autoboot camp Bulkhead, or a Wasp, Cybertron Defense team? (Might be a bit redundant they're pretty blocky and classics was fairly Cybertron friendly) maybe the colonists from TAAO can be their, they've done Elita now throw in Strika and Airrazor, Slide maybe? Do a BattleClash and the other one with the Micromaster combiners?

#44 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42535 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

I have no idea how any of the infobites dropped actually come together...

But War Dawn style alt modes with less toy like design and meshing things different people like still says hovercar Bumblebee but now with the hard elbow jab that Aileron would be his repaint.

Edited by NightViper, 18 February 2018 - 05:54 AM.

#45 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20190 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:58 AM

Thank god. One line that looks like POTP is enough thank you.

XgxCpmP.png

#46 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3905 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:01 AM

"'gritty' [ugh] realism"

Everyone will be in varying shades of gray, brown and dull green because this is a war and in war there is no color or personality or individualism. :wtf

...Then again I'm one to talk, as I'd actually like to see them finally make mass-release Deluxe Autotroopers in this next line. :p

#47 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3345 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:04 AM

If we are going to have any G1 characters I want to see the Pretender characters used and not have their design be based on their shell.

#48 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:05 AM

The "bridging the gap between the aesthetics that different areas of the world enjoy" thing 100% sounds to me like "looks more movie-ish". Asian markets have generally been very into the movies/movie aesthetic, right?

#49 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

I have no idea how any of the infobites dropped actually come together...

But War Dawn style alt modes with less toy like design and meshing things different people like still says hovercar Bumblebee but now with the hard elbow jab that Aileron would be his repaint.

oh my god please

unknown.png

#50 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22949 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:19 AM

The "bridging the gap between the aesthetics that different areas of the world enjoy" thing 100% sounds to me like "looks more movie-ish". Asian markets have generally been very into the movies/movie aesthetic, right?

.....Don't get my hopes up.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#51 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:26 AM

I could be into movie-y tetrajets. We've seen some bad attempts at jamming together movie and G1 design elements, but I like the movie designs far more than the movies they're in so I'm always up to see another attempt.

Since it's a prequel, I expect this will function as a prequel to basically whatever universe you like; actual movie, unspecified G1, whatever. Like how Beast Wars followed whatever G1 you wanted so long as you didn't over think it.

#52 MidnightFox

MidnightFox

Lunar Rabbit

• Citizen
  • 1385 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:36 AM

"'gritty' [ugh] realism"

Everyone will be in varying shades of gray, brown and dull green because this is a war and in war there is no color or personality or individualism. :wtf

...Then again I'm one to talk, as I'd actually like to see them finally make mass-release Deluxe Autotroopers in this next line. :p

I'd love for them to do mass retail generics again...

#53 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

Has anything been said that it will be a prequel? Other than the IDW reboot being the biggest clue that it's back to basics? Because I am really sold on this being the "all the weird colonists that don't have Earth alt-mode toyline and some G1 losers".

#54 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42535 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:40 AM

Has anything been said that it will be a prequel? Other than the IDW reboot being the biggest clue that it's back to basics? Because I am really sold on this being the "all the weird colonists that don't have Earth alt-mode toyline and some G1 losers".

https://twitter.com/...946139031228417

"Want to tell the story of the war on Cybertron before they came to Earth. NOT based on the video games. #HasbroToyFair #NYTF #Transformers"

#55 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 3234 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

I'm hoping that we get some Cybertronian-mode-only characters like a proper Impactor (I barely know Tor) and Rack'n'Ruin.

#56 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42535 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

Impactor is one of the choices for the WFC Fan Vote. Stuff that ballot box if you want one!

#57 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3926 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

Having thought about this line, I think its the desginers of the toys wanted an excuse to let loose a bit and desgin some figures with alt modes that do not conform to Earth standard vehicles, so they could desgin something a bit more far out there, plus they would not have the limitation of basing the desgins on video game models or movie desgins, in other words they got some shackles taken off, then again it could be, when the cat away, the mice will play!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#58 DirtyByrd

DirtyByrd
  • Citizen
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

So hopefully we will get the Dynobots Cybertronian alt modes. I love the dino modes but to see them in their big artillery designed modes from the books would be cool. If they ever did it, I would assume it would be toward the end of the next trilogy though. It definitely seems like Omega Supreme would make a great candidate for the next Titan. Can't wait to see those Tetra Jet designs.

#59 DirtyByrd

DirtyByrd
  • Citizen
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

It also seems like a great time to give us Devcon, Dion, Impactor and Ariel, since they are already talking about Alpha Trion.

#60 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8655 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

I'm just hoping for decent alternate modes and not the usual "hey this robot is doing yoga, it's 'cybertronian'".  And no visible heads.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users