Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

Photo
- - - - -

War for Cybertron: Siege discussion - Springer, Thundercracker & more, pg. 219

5888 replies to this topic

#1221 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18560 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:56 AM

Regarding Six Gun, Cog, and the suggested Brunt: I wonder if it's too much to hope they would work well with their respective Titans.

And I know they've got pegholes all over for weapons, but I mean in ways more akin to the way they fit in originally.

Oh, except Cog, I guess. He just kind of occupied bays that no longer exist.

Also: Slammer should be a part as well.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#1222 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42137 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:30 AM

Slammer and Brunt can even be retools/repaints of one another. As long as we get Slammer!

#1223 Rycochet

Rycochet

Maybe it's imaginary.

• Citizen
  • 2461 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:07 AM

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the major difference between Six-gun and Cog is the torso portion is retooled into something that resembles Slammer.

#1224 Steadfast

Steadfast

rar

• Citizen
  • 140 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

I wish Full-Tilt had been available separately from Trypticon--both so I could army-build, and also so it could get redecoed.

Ah, well. Of all the smaller partner toys (where that's not a line-wide gimmick), Sixgun's probably my favorite, so this is fine.

So bring on Brunt and Fasttrack, and whoever else I'm forgetting.

And-- dare I dream? Dare I?

ROLLER

Edited by Steadfast, 30 July 2018 - 09:35 AM.

#1225 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9263 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

Be nice if they did a re-issue of Metroplex to go with Sixgun.  It's not like he wouldn't blend in with the Siege aesthetic.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#1226 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12377 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:30 AM

This will of course never happen but man do wish Siege's inevitable Ratchet would be based on his appearance in the second Devil's Due Joe vs TF series, the one with the time travel where he's the lone Autobot on Decepticon-conquered future Earth.

Ratchetjoetf2.jpg

See, Hasbro? THOSE are the colors Ratchet should have!

#1227 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27635 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

This will of course never happen but man do wish Siege's inevitable Ratchet would be based on his appearance in the second Devil's Due Joe vs TF series, the one with the time travel where he's the lone Autobot on Decepticon-conquered future Earth.

Ratchetjoetf2.jpg

Careful. They might take that lighting literally and make him gray instead of white. :p

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1228 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4426 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

Ratchetjoetf2.jpg

Careful. They might take that lighting literally and make him gray instead of white. :p

Depending on how heavy they apply the wash...it might not even matter :p

#1229 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4426 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

DjO7PFYUYAAN3DL.jpg

I guess Stege Deluxes are gonna come in boxes now, like Studio Series.  Irregularly-shaped boxes.

I was expecting this well before this point as Generations has become the "Collector" line, it makes sense to use a box format similar to other "collector lines" Hasbro produces.

Helps make that price jump a bit more tolerable alongside the dropping of stickers.

#1230 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27635 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

Hey guys, take a closer look at Hound's head design on his packaging art.

That head is different from the design of the toy's head.

In fact, that's not Hound, that's Cybertron Defense Hot Shot! :o

jgoakp.jpg

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1231 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16817 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

Oh...he's going to get a springer repaint!
Http://www.scatterville.com

#1232 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9602 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys, take a closer look at Hound's head design on his packaging art.

That head is different from the design of the toy's head.

In fact, that's not Hound, that's Cybertron Defense Hot Shot! :o

jgoakp.jpg

It is?

http://www.tfu.info/...hot/facepic.jpg

It is!

#1233 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26513 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:34 PM

Or Roadbuster, perhaps.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#1234 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38493 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

Given TR Alpha Trion, I think it's far more likely to be Springer or Roadbuster than actually Hot Shot.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1235 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9602 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

What does Alpha Trion have to do with it?

#1236 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38493 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Because it takes a ton of detailing from Vector Prime by way of pulling from Botcon Alpha Trion and we never actually got a Vector Prime out of it.

Edited by Spark, 30 July 2018 - 05:53 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1237 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27635 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Another secret message on another Siege poster - https://www.seibertr...e-poster/41728/

When decoded, this one reads:

Spoiler

#1238 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9602 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

Because it takes a ton of detailing from Vector Prime by way of pulling from Botcon Alpha Trion and we never actually got a Vector Prime out of it.

I see.

I would point out that that Alpha Trion was the only Alpha Trion toy there was. There's no particular reason anyone looking to do a Springer or Roadbuster would be looking at their CD Hot Shot redecos and not their more recent T30/Generations toys. 

Edited by Kil, 30 July 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#1239 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12377 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

I see.

I would point out that that Alpha Trion was the only Alpha Trion toy there was. There's no particular reason anyone looking to do a Springer or Roadbuster would be looking at their CD Hot Shot redecos and not their more recent T30/Generations toys. 

I think the point that TR Alpha Trion borrows specifically from FunPub Alpha Trion (specific details not previously connected with the character, who despite not having a toy, did have a well-established design) should not be skipped over so quickly.

#1240 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9324 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

Curses! I forgot to have Exastiken ask at SDCC if Vector Prime was the alternate head pretool for Titans Return Alpha Trion as we suspect.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users