Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

Photo
- - - - -

War for Cybertron: Siege discussion - 35th Anniv. Bluestreak & Soundblaster, pg. 338

8713 replies to this topic

#7801 tec

tec

Macrossed

• Supporter
  • 31423 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

Ok a few notes

Service Merch is where I got a chunk of my G2 guys there where the place to get anything new in that era also first found the Beast Wars toys there first

Second A.T.T was intimidating back in the early days So I lurked I would pour over post from Ratbat Sigma I printed out all the cool and funny top ten list AND I still have those Printouts from the early 90s I didn't start posting at A.T.T till BW second season I think because I knew my misspelling nature would really get me into some kinda of trouble

Cel Shaded Prime looks so awesome I skipped him the first time now I have an excuse to get him this time

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#7802 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14218 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:43 AM

We sure went from "must have clear windows!" to "cover everything with cel-shading paint apps, windows included" real fast. Companies both 3P and legitimate are cashing in, too.

I'll stand by for the pendulum swinging back and for people to realize they're swimming in masses of toys with weird giant squiggles on them.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#7803 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1668 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

On a more serious note, I do remember Best, I saw Capitain Power toys there, the Constructicons, etc.  I actually passed on Devestator and got Puzzler instead, as I realized looking at the box that Devestator must require a LOT of parts that didn't seem to go anywhere.  I was sitting IN the shopping cart looking at them both when I did this.  I also remember seeing Shockwave and Jetfire and thinking how huge they were.  Now I suspect the size of Jetfire may have been partially to trigger similar responses in an adult who saw the original.

The funniest thing in Best, though, was when I was young and my mother was pregnant with my next sibling, she was wearing an orange shirt with a black sweater.  They actually stopped her because they thought she was shoplifting a basketball.  She showed them her stomach, and they gave her an apology and ten percent off her next purchase. 

#7804 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39323 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:08 PM

It's technially not really italicized on the original; it's actually only the straight line on the left side that is diagonal. Conversely, on the final "R", it's the right side that's diagonal, only it's not that obvious because the right side of an "R" doesn't feature a straight line. You may notice that the right leg is really stretched out far beyond the confines of the hoop, though.

Whoever did the tampo on the Siege three-pack accessory obviously didn't really understand this and just italicized the first "R" while keeping the final "R" as is, in a maddeningly literal (and also technically inaccurate) recreation of the original's deco.
attachicon.gifReflector tampo.jpg

The spirit of Unite Warriors lives on. I love it.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#7805 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11373 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:52 PM

Whoever did the tampo on the Siege three-pack accessory obviously didn't really understand this and just italicized the first "R" while keeping the final "R" as is, in a maddeningly literal (and also technically inaccurate) recreation of the original's deco.
attachicon.gifReflector tampo.jpg

That's also why the KTOR is so much larger than the REFRA.

The fact that it offends every graphic designer and OCD person seeing it is only a bonus.

#7806 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19268 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

That's ok. I'll bet Toyhax will fix it (and maybe provide a Microx too).

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#7807 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Y'know what?
I'd kind of like to see a Refraktor set decoed up like the Canon (Cannon?) Robo from that "Solar Adventure" DVD that made the rounds at the Walmart dollar bins a few years back. Just for the pure obscure nonsense of it

#7808 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 908 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:57 AM

a maddeningly literal (and also technically inaccurate) recreation of the original's deco.

We full Unite Warriors now

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#7809 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 768 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:47 AM

I missed 'Trukk Not Munky', but I was around for 'Pokéfomers' and the second big explosion of name reuse complaints. It was... less than fun.

#7810 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66178 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

Takara's instructions for Reflector (or at least the online version) feature instructions on how to combine into camera mode.

https://tf.takaratom...g-28_manual.pdf

ACItEK8.png

#7811 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4730 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

Re: Service Merchandise 

I remember thumbing through the G2 mini-vehicles there and it's probably where I got my Hubcap (who I was sure was a renamed Cliffjumper) and Bumblebee. I also remember seeing Micromaster sets and Z-Bots there. For this reason I have happy, fuzzy memories of the place. I remember seeing one open in Mobile as late as the mid-90s, and I'm pretty sure we went there, but of course it wasn't the same without chrome-green Beachcombers.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#7812 ThunderWear

ThunderWear

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 1226 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:17 AM

The main memory I still have from trying to find web sites about Beast Wars as a 7 year old was a website with a black background that had a page with a "ten reasons Prime is better than Primal" and a "ten reasons Primal is better than Prime" set of lists.

I remember one of the Prime ones reading that he actually transformed while Primal just rotated his legs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#7813 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 227 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:24 AM

Hope somebody got fired for the Refracktor blunder.

#7814 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28752 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:31 AM

Took some hunting but ordered the Micromaster 10 pack and both wave 3 2 packs.

Had a very long month where I donated substantial sums to charity and had to pawn stuff to pay my bills. Let me have some fun.

#7815 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1817 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

Was there a blunder I missed where the toy catches on fire or something, because all I know about is the italicized R thing and that's not a firing offense in any sane company.

#7816 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17793 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

It catches on FIRE.

#7817 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2703 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

I mean, are we to believe this is some kind of, heh... magic font?

#7818 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

I mean, are we to believe this is some kind of, heh... magic font?

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wizengreen did it.

-ZacWilliam, https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wizengreen did it.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#7819 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7298 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:15 PM

What am I stupidly missing on the wiki pages (or have forgotten from discussions here) that explains why the wiki and the Phantomstrike instructions disagree on which one is Shrute and which one is Fracas? Am I being super dumb?

Edit: oh, never mind, the instructions don't agree with themselves. I don't recall seeing that mentioned but I'm sure it has been.

Attached Thumbnails

• A2962990-7C8D-421F-99E6-259210B0D527.jpeg
  • 5E20EC68-BA85-47AA-8026-2E7288AA48D0.jpeg
  • B07D0F76-EB41-4A55-8D28-83CABAD59B33.jpeg

Edited by Maruten, 26 August 2019 - 10:27 PM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#7820 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1879 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

Was there a blunder I missed where the toy catches on fire or something, because all I know about is the italicized R thing and that's not a firing offense in any sane company.

To spoil the joke:

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users