Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:12 AM)

Others insist on "Michael Yackson".

Photo
- - - - -

War for Cybertron: Siege discussion - 35th Anniv. Bluestreak & Soundblaster, pg. 338

8773 replies to this topic

#7781 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:28 PM

Did those people go on to found TFW? Because that's how that exchange reads.

I don't know precisely when you came in, but within the existing fandom, that was how everyone was for at least a year of BW. A huge chunk of the early BW fandom were newcomers.

Yeah, I didn't actively join the fandom until much later (here in fact in '04). I stumbled across BW sometime in reruns in '99 and fell in love pretty quickly. Strangely, I didn't have much trouble finding many of the toys at my local Wal-mart or the TRU near work. Even coming in that late, I still owned Inferno for example.

Edited by Dake, 24 August 2019 - 12:28 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#7782 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17862 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

You might be surprised how many of the apparently normal people around you here were originally all "bleh bring back the real TFs" in 1996!

Personally I was all for them but my secret shame is that I insisted there was no reason Primal and Megatron couldn't be the G1 guys no matter what the story editors said.

#7783 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

I'm not really surprised. It's just funny to read people saying the same basic thing in some capacity so many years later. I do remember when RiD first appeared in ToyFare Magazine, there was much rejoicing about the return of vehicles to Transformers (I seem to remember X-Brawn in the article).

Edited by Dake, 24 August 2019 - 01:03 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#7784 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52128 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

I hated Beast Wars with a passion because TRUKK NOT MONKEE until I actually sat down and watched the show.

card-strongarm.jpg

#7785 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10407 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

I never had any ill will towards Beast Wars/Machines, they just came out during that period where I was "too old for toys" so I never got into them (except for briefly trying to track down Tripredicus and Magnaboss, because combiners are cool, and i liked the idea that they combined in unique ways instead of the carbon copy scramble city style)

Seeing a commercial for RID 2001 (specifically Optimus with missile batteries on his shoulders) was what got me back into Transformers at age 18.  I've bounced in and out of Transformers ever since.

MSzBav1.jpg

#7786 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9999 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:36 PM

In-hand photos of the Refraktor Reconmaisance Team 3 Pack, courtesy of the Thai Facebook page ความเท่ที่สุดจะยั้ง

https://www.facebook...303741326409873

68953560_2303769173073755_67240046045115

69032075_2303769643073708_32456689898749

69022091_2303773043073368_75054017442731
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#7787 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13052 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:51 PM

More stock photos from eBay seller ladypapa:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183925606632
Animation_Optimus_01.jpg Animation_Optimus_02.jpg Animation_Optimus_03.jpg Animation_Optimus_04.jpg Animation_Optimus_05.jpg Animation_Optimus_06.jpg Animation_Optimus_07.jpg Animation_Optimus_08.jpg Animation_Optimus_09.jpg Animation_Optimus_10.jpg Animation_Optimus_11.jpg

That appears to be an error for the back of the box. Instead of translated versions of the texts in French, German, Spanish and Portuguese, the English texts are just repeated five times.

Edited by Nevermore, 24 August 2019 - 03:57 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#7788 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13052 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

Megatron:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174004176647
Animation_Megatron_01.jpg Animation_Megatron_02.jpg Animation_Megatron_03.jpg Animation_Megatron_04.jpg Animation_Megatron_05.jpg Animation_Megatron_06.jpg Animation_Megatron_07.jpg Animation_Megatron_08.jpg Animation_Megatron_09.jpg Animation_Megatron_10.jpg Animation_Megatron_11.jpg
aR2oX8u.jpg

#7789 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1039 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

Instead of translated versions of the texts in French, German, Spanish and Portuguese, the English texts are just repeated five times.

Each one slower and louder than the previous.

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#7790 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8364 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

That reversing of the colors used on Optimus's face from the intial images is... not good.

#7791 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17862 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

Instead of translated versions of the texts in French, German, Spanish and Portuguese, the English texts are just repeated five times.

Each one slower and louder than the previous.

EL CLASSIC-O ANIMATION-O

#7792 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1039 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

old-man-shrug.jpg

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#7793 CVReynolds

CVReynolds
  • Protoform
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:21 PM

I never truly understood the "trukk not munkee" thing that happened during Beast Wars. Importantly for me, Beast Wars was something new. It wasn't the dusty old Transformers I had given up my fandom of in the past. If it wasn't something new, I almost certainly wouldn't be a Transformers fan now.

I was born into a time where Transformers were still a young thing. I adored The Return of Optimus Prime (and still do). I grew up loving Headmasters and Powermasters and such. But I was never anti-Beast Wars. I knew no one who was anti-Beast Wars. I fell out of love with Transformers during G2. When Beast Wars came out I was like "Nah, I'm done with Transformers now". My sister got Iguanus entirely because she loves lizards. Then I noticed how amazing Iguanus was compared to what I knew Transformers toys to be. I missed the end of G2 when they first gained the articulation. My dad must have picked up on my fascination because he bought me a Waspinator. I soon was watching the show (first episode was Fallen Comrades) and loving it. My exposure to Beast Wars was me seeing it with "new eyes" like I had with G1. I was surprised later when we got the internet and I learned being anti-Beast Wars was even a thing.

Then during Beast Machines my love for Transformers dried up again. I stopped watching the show halfway through and dropped the toyline. I tried to convince myself it was because the show was bad. In reality I was scarred from my time on the bwtf.com message board. I was an accidental troll there and people hated me. Then I turned to intentional troll behavior because of that hate until the stress became too much for me. My first exposure to a fandom weighed heavily on my mind, and I went through a weird "G1 or nothing" phase to escape from my experience. When that didn't work, I dropped Transformers altogether. I didn't know when Beast Machines ended. I didn't know anything about RiD except a few pictures I saw. It wasn't until I accidentally found Dave Van Domelen's site after a curious search that things changed. Seeing Dave's reviews for Transformers Armada toys made me excited for Transformers like I was a little kid again. Armada was something new, unlike what I had known before from Transformers. I saw Transformers with "new eyes" for a third time. I haven't dropped Transformers since. I'm running out of space to put toys, though.

For me, G1, Beast Wars, and Armada represent the three stages in my life where Transformers took hold. Beast Wars and Armada which were so NEW, such reinvention from what I knew, they were able to make me forget about having "grown out of" Transformers, regardless of reasons. And that way-too-long story of my passion is why I'd like a major re-imagining of TF again like we had with Beast Wars and the Unicron Trilogy instead of it always needing to be G1 evergreen. And also why I think there really should be a lot more Beast Wars and Armada characters in Generations.

Thank you. /New Noise

(Still itching to get my hands on that Refraktor pack in the above images regardless.)

#7794 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4583 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:29 PM

That reversing of the colors used on Optimus's face from the intial images is... not good.

Weird..I think the cel shine on that one's face is photoshopped onto the unpainted plastic. Its shape is inconsistent between pics and it seems to go beyond his chin in a few. The finished sample that got reviewed a few days ago has a full white faceplate painted on, and then the extra cel bit on top of that.

I think I like these two cel-shaded guys, though. I passed on the normal versions because I hate the damage paint and Prime's eyebrow truck mode rubs me the wrong way, but the colors make these versions look so much better to me. The shading is weird and keeps them from matching any of the other Siege toys, but I like that they match each other and there's still an empty Prime vs Megatron slot in my collection that they could easily fill.

#7795 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8089 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

I remember Service Merchandise as the single place I ever saw a Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia for sale. Just the one time. Couldn't buy it then and never saw her again. (Thankfully a friend found and bought her)

I was against Beast Wars initially because MECHANICALS NOT ANIMALS. Then I watched the show and my tune changed real fast.

#7796 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8364 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

I'm the reverse! Couldn't stand the show, but I'd pour over the catalog and want all those cool looking flipchangers and deluxes.  

#7797 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 914 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:42 AM

Why does it look like the three-pack's REFRAKTOR tampo has the first letter italicized?

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#7798 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:02 AM

Why does it look like the three-pack's REFRAKTOR tampo has the first letter italicized?

It is. The original had that first R tilted to fit into the slope of the top of the camera. This one duplicates that, even though the placement on the new figure doesnt make it necessary.

#7799 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13052 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:31 AM

It's technially not really italicized on the original; it's actually only the straight line on the left side that is diagonal. Conversely, on the final "R", it's the right side that's diagonal, only it's not that obvious because the right side of an "R" doesn't feature a straight line. You may notice that the right leg is really stretched out far beyond the confines of the hoop, though.

Whoever did the tampo on the Siege three-pack accessory obviously didn't really understand this and just italicized the first "R" while keeping the final "R" as is, in a maddeningly literal (and also technically inaccurate) recreation of the original's deco.
Reflector tampo.jpg

Edited by Nevermore, 25 August 2019 - 08:53 AM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#7800 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1757 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

There have been many aspects of the fandom, shows, toylines, etc. that I just don't like at all over the years.  They come and go.  But the thing is, the wide variety of stuff you can get is amazing to me as I remember when it was unusual to see Action Master Soundwave as I hadn't SEEN a Soundwave outside a flea market for years.  So when people are hugely vocal about how much they hate something, I usually ignore them as they don't grasp the fundamental concept that even if you don't like something, if someone else does and they buy it they are funding future stuff that you MAY like better.

This silliness, of course, quickly converts to open mockery for me.

"Hasbro distribution sucks, I can't find Walgreens Brainstorm!  It's like hunting Bigfoot!"

26421506459_5678365e09_o.jpg

"We never get a good Shockwave!"

43031819951_55cbd1756a_o.jpg

"Truk not munky!"

35479801574_40601421d9_o.jpg

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users