The white parts on Optimus end up looking weird in his
eyebrow Cybertronian truck mode.
Also, all those cel-shaded highlights and shadows all over the two toys screams 'scratch city' to me.
Jump to content
Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:21 PM
I feel that changing the upper treads to be "silver" rather then "black" ends up hurting the tank mode. The regular release they end up blending togeather to make them feel more like a single peice, at least in illusion. Here it breaks them up and while it doesnt look bad from the front, any other view looks weird with the now super obvious legs being the only non 'silver'
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532
VOTE for what I play on 8/30!
Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno
Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:04 PM
Painting on "lighting" is weird and doesn't make much sense (except for the windows; it's definitely the best way to do opaque windows), but the result looks vastly better than the previous versions of these mold.
Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:21 AM
Well we now know what would have been one of at least two HasCon 2019 exclusives had the convention not floundered.
License: Transformers / War For Cybertron: Siege
- Refraktor Reconnaissance Team Pack comes with Spectro, Viewfinder, and Spyglass figures. All 3 figures feature classic conversion between robot and G1-inspired Cybertronian spacecraft modes in 17 steps.
- Combine included figures to form Refraktor camera mode. Refraktor is an evil marauder - not a working camera.
- Special box inspired by classic camera boxes. Includes distinct instructions on how to work this non-working camera. Oh no! It’s KREMZEEK! He’s tearing through the package! The pack also includes a Kremzeek figure, a really annoying electronic pest.
- Pack includes 8 weapon and armor accessories. Multiple C.O.M.B.A.T. weapon ports on figure and vehicle enable weapon and armor accessories to attach in custom configurations.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts may be generated.
Not for children under 3 years.
Assortment is set to include:
- 4x TRA GEN HASCON EXCLUSIVE 2 (630509825226).
Sold as cases. Packed 4 per case.
Something with an eye-catching box with some nostalgia makes sense to me as a convention exclusive.
I believe this is the only Siege product without any numbering.
I wonder what the first exclusive would have been? Cassettes? 35th Anniversary guys?
When I say Cassettes, I mean the Autobot Dinosaurs, not the ones at Walmart currently.
Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:03 AM
Likely the cassettes.
Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:22 AM
I did try the Toyhax 'cell shading' windows for the CW Constructicons, it was cheap and it actually worked well for them, seeing as in some cases they didn't HAVE any paint on the windows. I'm not sure about doing a whole toy like that, though. I'm probably going to skip these reguardless, as a turtle with guns and his Pet Sematary goldfish sidekick stole my wallet.
I do wonder, when it comes to the plastic-free packaging, if we will see that in this line, or possibly the next? That might make it even harder to detect defects, missing parts, or variants in the store as you won't be able to see the actual toy. I'm sort of reminded of the 1980's when a lot of Masters of the Universe stuff would come in cardboard boxes and it made it very hard to tell what things actually looked like till you had them in hand. Back then I used to see a LOT of open packages in the store where someone had clearly looked inside, then not bothered to put things back. Then again, the number of things I do with preorders mailed to me to save a LOT of gas sort of negates my entire point...
Perhaps packaging like Walgreens Shockwave? He was about as simple as you could get in terms of boxing, but it did work.
Edited by Platypus Prime, 21 August 2019 - 09:23 AM.
Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:01 PM
looking at those "cel shaded" prime and megs two things come to mind
1) we're really hitting some wild paint/deco Renaissance between this and all the stegery, it's cool to see the technology in transformers construction expand in a way that isn't directly a part of the mold's engineering.
2) uhh they're very pretty and i want them lol
Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:16 PM
I'm expecting everything to be in brown paper bags.
That's the way the stores around here have been moving towards if they weren't already.
*Remembers back when they were discouraging the use of paper bags because they were made of trees - oh how the times change...*
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users