Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (22 November 2019 - 07:32 AM)

"any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks" By golly gee I do wonder why employers are so keen to make sure they don't get sued.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:01 AM)

It's basically the same as someone tricking you into signing a contract you have no need for. Smart employees with balls just respond to such an offer with "You want to terminate me? For what reason exactly?"

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:00 AM)

And on average, a wrongful termination lawsuit, though more of a strain for the employee, will often result in better conditions (worst case: a settlement fee; best case: employment reinstated by the court) than whatever nonsense the employer is putting in the termination agreement.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:58 AM)

That's obviously complete bull. Under German law, any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks. A termination agreement... is a binding contract.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:57 AM)

A very nasty tactic by many German employers: Inviting an employee to a talk out of the blue, suggesting that things don't look good and a termination (for whatever reason) is about to happen, but they're being "nice" and offer the employee a termination agreement to end the working relationship on "good terms".

@  Ashley : (22 November 2019 - 02:12 AM)

what manufacturer is that? I'm trying to find a US source

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/other-action-figures-and-playsets/alien-queen/p/185041

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

I've already found the best toy of 2020: a foot tall, fully articulated (20 points) Alien Queen for a fraction of what Neca or anyone else would charge

@  Telly : (21 November 2019 - 09:46 PM)

no minerva toys until i get my devcon :p

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 November 2019 - 08:28 PM)

Paladin keeps saying this every time they reveal another toy of an early character, including the first Earthrise reveals even though that had Micromasters.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 03:20 PM)

I'll concede the Titan Masters, but Magnus Prime is an existing mold, Liokaiser is a set of repaints, and Metalhawk is a repaint and prominently featured in IDW.

@  Cyoti : (21 November 2019 - 12:14 PM)

And Ginrai aka "Magnus Prime, Metalhawk, "Liokaiser", etc. The real characters that Warden actually doesn't know about are the late EuroUK characters like the Turbomasters/Predators

@  Sabrblade : (21 November 2019 - 11:06 AM)

Warden and Friends did give us a Lione (Sawback) and a Shuffler

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 07:26 AM)

Or prominently featured in IDW, or an easy repaint of an existing toy.

@  Paladin : (21 November 2019 - 07:12 AM)

was she in the first 3 seasons of the cartoon? If not then she's on no one's list because they don't think she exists.

@  Cyoti : (20 November 2019 - 11:23 PM)

It's probably stuck on the low priority end of Warden's to-do list.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 November 2019 - 10:45 PM)

Because the only full-body Nightbeat was that Bumblebee with a new head one.

@  Bass X0 : (20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM)

Why has there been no new Minerva toys? I’m surprised at Takara. The Titan Master head doesn’t count.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

Photo

Sony Pictures' "VENOM"

132 replies to this topic

#101 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8697 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:12 AM

I think original Venom Brock got popular when he was being gleeful and silly and would unexpectedly do cute stuff like rescue a baby from drowning or say something like does the car have a siren. After he was turned into a Lethal Protector, he was made serious/normal hero and lost the silly childishness.

I still have the mid credits scene, not for the character but for the choice. It's not like he's a wooden actor but, c'mon, someone new and fresh would have been better.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#102 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13652 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:17 AM

And Sony are trying to slightly muddy the waters by throwing out vague 'yeah this is in the same Marvel universe as Spiderman' and 'we'd love to have Tom Holland in our Venom sequel'.

fslookup.jpg

#103 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8007 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

They've been doing that for months now.
With Marvel standing behind them gesturing wildly while shaking their head NO.

#104 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28163 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

Then this weekend's box office take came in and Marvel's reassessing their options.

xC9l3eY.gif

#105 Doin It To Ham

Doin It To Ham

HAMHOLE

• Supporter
  • 4326 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:59 PM

Then this weekend's box office take came in and Marvel's reassessing their options.

Domestic:  $80,255,756    39.1%Foreign:  $125,200,000    60.9% = Worldwide:  $205,455,756

Wow, nice numbers. I still want to see it but haven't had time. 

Stupid question: I never really read Venom comics except for one where Juggernaut trashes him with a telephone pole. And the Maximum Carnage video game cut scenes. Does he ACTUALLY eat people? Or brains? I always thought that was just a grossout threat, but the movie ads sure make it look like he actually eats them. 

#106 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8697 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, that's the thing for me too. When he first came out, written by David Micheliniespelling, I think he just wanted to eat Peter's brains as a 'grossout threat' (also his spleen). Up until Lethal Protector, I don't think he really ate brains.

Then I find out in a succeeding mini that... he did? And it was a plot point somehow?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#107 Doin It To Ham

Doin It To Ham

HAMHOLE

• Supporter
  • 4326 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

It would have been awesome if the symbiote had made Peter eat brains too, except he was still nice guy Peter. He'd, like, sit down at the table and tuck a napkin into his collar and use a knife and fork while M.J. looked at him in horror.

#108 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

Yeah - something about the symbiote needing a chemical found in the brain that's also found in chocolate and certain sea creatures, which feeds into the whole lobster gag.

I think the Mac Gargan Venom was just into eating people in general, though.

I've always found it weird as well.  Does the symbiote just absorb the body/head/brain, or does it enter the host's digestive system via the symbiote's mouth?

#109 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8042 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

The "eating brains" thing started out as just a gruesome threat. Then the writer of one of his mini series (The Hunger) thought, "Wouldn't it be neat if we followed through with that?" And spoiler, no it was not. And for a little while, the symbiote had to eat brains and/or chocolate.

Then the solo minis ended and Venom became a Spidey villain again around the time Howard Mackie was ruining the books. And biting/eating people was just part of his repertoire now; he took a bite out of Sandman that was apparently so big, Sandman had trouble keeping his form cohesive for months afterward. Where the symbiote put all that sand it ate,I have no idea.

Then there was a brief interlude where the symbiote ate cancer. Yeah, Eddie Brock was revealed to have been diagnosed with cancer right before he attempted suicide, and that's what drew the symbiote to him, and the symbiote kept him alive by feeding on the cancer. This was during Paul Jenkins' "time to show the public I'm all out of ideas" period.

Then the symbiote went to Gargan, by way of Millar, Bendis, and Warren Ellis. And at that point I'm sure it was just, "Oh, sure, he eats people. He's a giant monster, why wouldn't he?"

Edited by Sean Whitmore, 09 October 2018 - 06:18 PM.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#110 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8697 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

Btw, could someone explain Anti-Venom to me? It's NOT the original Venom symbiote, since that one went to Flash, but it's a reverse of Venom cuz Mister Negative touched it... So is it sentient? A clone copy of the original? Or is it all Eddie? Or a new Symbiote spawn from the original Venom?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#111 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28163 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

It's what was left of the symbiotes in Eddie that could kill other symbiotes because.....physics.

Ironbite-or something.

xC9l3eY.gif

#112 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28163 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:04 PM

After seeing Venom, gonna say not half bad.  Yeah the script is definitely from 2005 but it kinda works in this day and age.  Not sure what was up with the kamikaze drones but hey, good stuff.

Ironbite-final fight could've benefited from having the Symboites different colors other then black and gray.

xC9l3eY.gif

#113 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8697 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, it was such a waste with the bomb drones.

Actually, there's two symbiotes unaccounted for. Supposedly they died but... yeah, right? I actually don't know the other Venom spawn other than Carnage but there were five or six that were unnamed during Lethal Protector and the toys named them.

Scream, Riot, Lash... Phage? I actually don't know their backgrounds. Carnage had... Toxin?

Who could those other two symbiotes be?

Also, was Riot in the comics black and white too?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#114 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 13652 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:56 PM

Ok, finally saw it. Tom Hardy (Eddie) and Tom Hardy (Venom) are the entertainingly ludicrous core of a otherwise really dumb movie. Hardy really does work as that character(s).

Otherwise? 3ow this is a dull early 2000s style 'superhero' film. The plot felt incredibly generic.

Would i like to see this Venom butt heads with the Tom Holland Spidey? Yes, yes i would! But not at the expense of Sony figuring they've got the basis for a successful Spideyverse and taking Spidey back from the MCU.

I may buy this when it comes out on Bluray for the Hardy buddy comedy alone.

fslookup.jpg

#115 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8697 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:27 AM

I figure some folks would find it interesting. At the Venom screening I went to, we had a photobooth at alters you to half Venom, a cannisters of symbiote and a motorbike. Really? The motorbike?

I should have frowned at my photo.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#116 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 13652 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:00 AM

That neat.

fslookup.jpg

#117 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12471 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

Venom has now outperformed Justice League.

https://screenrant.c...gue-box-office/

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#118 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28163 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:18 PM

I hate the fact that we made this a hit.

Ironbite-but at the same time...love it.

xC9l3eY.gif

#119 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4612 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:19 PM

I'm highly amused that a film featuring some of the most iconic heroes ever...got beat by 90s reject movie with a knock off Spider-Man :p

#120 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39159 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:26 PM

Don't worry, Aquaman and Shazam will surely save them.

Surely.

Why do I hear laughter in the distance?

Edited by Spark, 12 November 2018 - 03:26 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users