Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 07:20 AM)

At least I can see where the 600 US bucks is going in this case. The MP line looks more ridiculous by the day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 July 2019 - 07:09 AM)

It's ridiculous. I'll stick to Armadacron

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 06:13 AM)

If anything, shipping is going to make the actual toy's price look affordable.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 02:28 AM)

Its like, $550 ish in US money (so probably about $800 for my Australian self) and is taller than TR Fort Max. He's gonna be a hefty boy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM)

Damn, that Unicron looks big. Not gonna be cheap

@  wonko the sane? : (21 July 2019 - 09:09 PM)

"By the way, your landlord called. Something about being late with the rent."

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2019 - 04:09 PM)

"Hi there, I'm Unicron. Your husband ordered me."

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 July 2019 - 01:17 PM)

It seems like, with these kind of things, anything not TF-specific is either in an existing thread or just not discussed since they're not part of something deemed important enough to get its own thread already.

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Yeah, but it's for Transformers specifically

@  Gryllid : (19 July 2019 - 12:39 PM)

There is. It's called "SDCC 2019 thread"

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:24 PM)

no general SDCC thread?

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:08 PM)

I never even bothered to see it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2019 - 10:30 AM)

O never hated it, the whole thing was an Indiana Jones movie. I didn't care for the CGI, but that's just nature of the beast.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2019 - 07:58 AM)

sidebar- has enough time passed that we can stop irrationally hating "Crystal Skull" yet?

@  Telly : (18 July 2019 - 09:18 PM)

after 38 years and i dont know how many viewings, today is the first time i noticed indiana jones doesnt use a revolver in the bar fight in raiders...

@  Kalidor : (18 July 2019 - 05:33 PM)

@Sabrblade Depends on when you're here. I used to have the backups happen once daily, now I have them happen once per hour so you might often see a hesitation at the top of every hour for 30-45 seconds.

@  Locoman : (18 July 2019 - 05:11 PM)

isn't that just Modern Family

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:45 PM)

that's right. my gym teacher is a clown. new series coming to disney channel next fall

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

all these clowns are making me run really fast.

@  Sabrblade : (18 July 2019 - 12:10 PM)

All this awesome SDCC news is really making these boards run slowly.

@  Bass X0 : (18 July 2019 - 07:54 AM)

Racism must be stopped. No matter the cost.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2019 - 07:49 AM)

Tine to stop buttering it up.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 July 2019 - 09:43 PM)

Well shucks.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 July 2019 - 08:14 PM)

The joke is a husk of its former self.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 01:15 PM)

Pop.

@  Shrug : (17 July 2019 - 10:15 AM)

Something something... corn bread?

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2019 - 07:21 AM)

Ok, ok. Enough of the puns and let's all thank Kal for the amaizeing job he did.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 06:24 AM)

by now I think this jokes' been creamed.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

The kernel.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

Who gives the orders in cybernetic warfare?

@  unluckiness : (16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Zea mays

@  Xellos : (16 July 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Isn't that a kernel of truth.

@  Paladin : (16 July 2019 - 08:43 PM)

huh. suddenly the Squawk is popping.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Not placing much stalk in this conversation.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2019 - 06:22 PM)

That's so corny.

@  Shrug : (16 July 2019 - 06:07 PM)

It's absurd how happy I am that a post of mine made the front page of Reddit.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Aww, shucks.

@  TriBlurr : (16 July 2019 - 05:45 PM)

Not till I taste the corn

@  Kalidor : (16 July 2019 - 05:43 PM)

You guys aren't being very nice. You're supposed to tell me I did "good, really good!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:40 PM)

Just don't go beyond the rows.

@  Patch : (16 July 2019 - 05:39 PM)

Left over from the failed Beast Machines sequel, Beast Farmers

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Beast Wars Neo w/ English Subtitles Coming Late 2018

369 replies to this topic

Poll: Your chance to choose Cohrada / Corada / Colada's name in our fansub

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How should his name be spelled?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22827 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Better hurry and download them before Youtube copyright claims em.

Edited by Spacewarp, 03 April 2018 - 02:57 PM.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#162 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9015 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

They've been up two years and other versions even longer. Toei doesn't care to claim copyright violations for an obscure anime in America and nobody has the license to distribute it in America so nobody cares.

#163 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28142 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

Second and Neo weren't even done by Toei anyway.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#164 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9291 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

I'd like to download the original uploads for Car Robots myself, but no one's seeding them any more.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#165 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22276 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

Can't you ask on their site?

#166 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8338 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

Ok, I'm catching up on the Beast Wars 2 subs and just want to comment Kary for the...

"Ivory sorry about that" pun that Santon the elephant makes in episode 27.  So good/bad, hehe

Also, very cool that I made it to the more pumped up second intro starting episode 28.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#167 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28142 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Ok, I'm catching up on the Beast Wars 2 subs and just want to comment Kary for the...

"Ivory sorry about that" pun that Santon the elephant makes in episode 27.  So good/bad, hehe

Also, very cool that I made it to the more pumped up second intro starting episode 28.

The second half of the show itself is more pumped up in general compared to the first half. ;)

Edited by Sabrblade, 21 May 2018 - 05:49 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#168 Shrug

Shrug

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 1095 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

I need to give it another shot then.  The pirates really killed my motivation to watch, especially after being pretty interested to see how they were used and it ended up being the same plot (for what felt like) 3 episodes in a row.

#169 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8338 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

The Scylla Scuba Bighorn love triangle? I kinda liked it. And the Jointrons were hilariously portrayed.

The show itself is in phases to sell the toys, I think.

Main cast, Insectrons, Autorollers, Jointrons, Seacons, now Magnaboss.

Slight spoiler but holy cow, I didn't think there would be serious daddy issues in ep 28. I liked it a lot tho.

It'll be more specific in BW Neo when it's a guest character per ep in the middle part.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#170 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9236 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

I need to give it another shot then.  The pirates really killed my motivation to watch, especially after being pretty interested to see how they were used and it ended up being the same plot (for what felt like) 3 episodes in a row.

Yeah, that's where I fell off too, and had to really push myself to come back to it a few months later. It's like... the first 13-ep arc of the show is in this great state of constant forward motion, introducing new Insectrons and Autorollers every episode and progressing the Galvatron subplot. But once you hit that second 13 ep run, christ. It's half Jointrons, half Seacons, and it is the dullest, samiest-thing-every-episode stuff for each group. The little Lio Junior/Cyborg Beasts intro arc ain't bad, but the back half never picks up the sense of fun energy that first arc has. The whole "Nemesis" plot feels very strung-out and slow-moving.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 21 May 2018 - 05:55 PM.

#171 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8338 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

I forgot which ep it was (when Megastorm fell somewhere) but there was another fun joke exchange from Moon saying 'A Hole' and Artemis saying how rude that is but Moon explaining that it's a real hole not A Hole, haha. It just made me laugh.

Anyhow, I'm in episode 34 and this happened and I had to gif it.

fP4eCzd.gif

Of course, it HAD to be Thrustol. From an ep titled Blowing the Nemesis Away. Was this ever a thing when it first came out?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#172 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17270 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

Nobody in the US saw it when it first came out.

#173 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28142 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

Yeah, the most "controversial" things people knew about the show at the time was the supposed notion of Apache being a "drunken Native American stereotype" (which wasn't even true) and the Jointrons being the Jointrons (which is true).

Edited by Sabrblade, 26 May 2018 - 11:11 AM.

#174 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, a lot of those jokes were really tough to translate properly in English.  I think it worked out quite well in the end.  Same thing goes with Car Robots, and now with Beast Wars Neo... Hydra has a lot of stupid puns he uses and they're tough to translate 1:1 into English. 

#175 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28142 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, a lot of those jokes were really tough to translate properly in English.  I think it worked out quite well in the end.  Same thing goes with Car Robots, and now with Beast Wars Neo... Hydra has a lot of stupid puns he uses and they're tough to translate 1:1 into English. 

Glad you and your team include those Translators' Notes PDFs to help explain these kinds of things. :thumbsup

#176 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8338 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

That Ivory pun was great tho. Also the A-hole joke. I dunno if you did that or it's a direct translation but good job! I like them :)

I'm down to the last five eps and, gaaaaah, clip show at ep39! So close...

Can't wait for your Beast Wars Neo sub :) thanks again for all this :)

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#177 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.

• Supporter
  • 5286 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:31 AM

Yeah, the most "controversial" things people knew about the show at the time was the supposed notion of Apache being a "drunken Native American stereotype" (which wasn't even true) and the Jointrons being the Jointrons (which is true).

MUCHO MUCHO, PUERTO RICO!!! Yeah, the Jointrons are kinda funny, but they start to grate after a while.

I just bought a couple of the Korean BWN vs packs, because I've always loved those really "out there" beast modes, but also because I wanted to get ahead of the chance that once people start watching Neo translated, that they might really like the characters and start buying up the figures. I don't know if that's what happened after the translation for BW2 came out, all I know is that suddenly the figures were harder to find than they had been in years! As it stands I just need Diver, Megastorm, and Magnaboss for the main cast. I'm not too concerned about Gigastorm, the cyber beasts, or the Autorollers and the Insectrons/Jointrons.

As for Neo, I just need Mach Kick, Archadis, Stampy, Saberback, and Heinrad to finish off the main casts.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#178 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

That Ivory pun was great tho. Also the A-hole joke. I dunno if you did that or it's a direct translation but good job! I like them :)

I'm down to the last five eps and, gaaaaah, clip show at ep39! So close...

Can't wait for your Beast Wars Neo sub :) thanks again for all this :)

[c/p from our PDF document]

Moon and Artemis have a funny misunderstanding after watching the Cybertrons bury Gigastorm.
Moon mentions Gigastorm no yakko, boketsu wo hotta moon! (ギガストームの奴、墓穴を掘ったムーン!) Literally, he is saying "he dug a grave hole for himself."
Unfortunately, Artemis mishears this, and thinks he says oketsu (おけつ) which is a crude way of talking about your buttocks. Moon corrects her on this after.

After Skywarp picks up Santon, Skywarp complains about Santon gaining weight, of which he replies with Zouni no kui sugida zou (雑煮の食い過ぎだぞう) or literally I ate too much rice cake soup. Using Zouni (雑煮) literally rice cake soup: he's joking around because he's a Zou (elephant). We’ve tried to work with this pun by adding a trunk-full (reference to an elephant's trunk) as part of the sentence.

Santon then replies back to Skywarp’s complaint with Zou mo suimasen (ぞうもすいません) or literally I’m sorry but using Zou again as a pun. We’ve tried working with this by using the word Ivory (reference to an elephant's tusks) in place of I’m to pull off the same bad pun.
As mentioned in his character profile, Santon uses puns over and over with his sentences by emphasizing zou at the end. We’ll try whenever appropriate to throw a bad elephant pun into his sentence.

#179 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8028 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

I respect that you explicitly call for the puns to be bad.

#180 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:03 PM

Well folks, just to give everyone a small update here... we've reached the 1/2 way point on the episodes being 100% translated.  Hopefully we'll keep up this momentum and be done before the years end.  Please look forward to Beast Wars Neo, and thank you for your patience!   :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users