Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo
- - - - -

Toys R Us US Stores Entering Liquidation - The sales, the toys, the robots.

378 replies to this topic

#41 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12936 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

I really enjoyed working at PetSmart. I mean, some of the customers were garbage, but that's true of any outward-facing position. The management and company were both really good.

Likewise, my two stints working at TRU were actually both positive experiences. But I can't really keep mentioning that every time someone mentions how awful their experiences were. Each person, and each store, are no doubt different.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 26 January 2018 - 11:01 AM.

#42 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9596 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

Having looked at the addresses, it turns out that in my area, we're losing all our Babies R Us stores (Two solo and one combo store) but no individual Toys R Us stores. I guess Babies R Us is going the way of Kids R Us.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#43 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4584 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Some of these stores aren't TRUs, they're Babies'R'Us stores. Sometimes you get stores that are both, but the Mira Mesa store listed here is ONLY a BRU.

I mean that's still not good as BRU is supposedly the doing-even-better part of the company. But just a heads-up.

It seems like they're generally closing stores that are only one or the other in favor of keeping the combined stores open.

That makes sense. I admit I haven't really bothered to notice if the two non-closing TRUs I've been to here are marked as combo stores, but I'm FAIRLY sure they both have sizable baby furniture et all departments.

M "Worth Driving To See If There's Anything Clearanced? Iunno..." Sipher

...are you in need of baby furniture? Did I miss the announcement? 

#44 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4584 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

I'm shocked that there are none closing in Columbus (Babies R Us doesn't count).  Out of the three in central Ohio, only one is worth venturing to.

The list posted on the front page mentioned the one on West Dublin-Granville Rd. That's the Sawmill TRU. No BRU there. 

This is what I see: 

OHIO

Western Hills 6251 Glenway Ave. OH

Dayton 2661 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd. OH

Mentor 7841 Mentor Ave OH

Dublin 3610 West Dublin-Granville Rd. OH

No mention of any BRU addresses...

Edited by Robowang, 26 January 2018 - 01:50 PM.

#45 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18531 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

From the other thread that is also about this, quoting me:

The address of Sawmill TRU is 6547 Sawmill. The Dublin-Granville one is a Babies R Us.

Frankly, I'm surprised the one off Hamilton isn't closing, because it's a dump, but maybe closing the one on Broad years ago got rid of their underperforming Columbus store.

EDIT: Apparently it's a Babies R Us in that center with the DSW and the closed Circuit City, which I drive by every week and have never noticed, which shows you how much of a shit I give about babies.

FURTHER EDIT: Oh, not Circuit City. But there is a Bed Bath & Beyond, Michael's, VCF, that Joe's Crab Shack. That place. Apparently it's called the Sun Center.

Edited by LV!, 26 January 2018 - 02:34 PM.

#46 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1101 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

It is interesting because I didn't know there were still any Babies/Kids R Us still around in a dedicated store. I thought they all had merged in with their local TRUs years ago. And apparently the "TRU" closing around here (that I didn't know was there anyways) is a Babies R Us.
jBU1ixT.jpg

#47 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10750 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

The only still open near me is safe.. but I haven't walked into one in years.

#48 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33639 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

I used to hear bad things about Petco back when I worked at PetSmart all the time, but I'm also sure that it probably has a lot to do with the individual store.

While some stores are definitely better than others, the corporate push towards services like grooming and dog training, while also cutting payroll, is company-wide. Corporate is making a whole host of bad decisions.
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#49 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 18531 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

For clarification purposes, I worked at PetSmart in, like, 2001. So it is possible enough time has elapsed that changes have occurred to either or both chains.

#50 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3250 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'm shocked that there are none closing in Columbus (Babies R Us doesn't count).  Out of the three in central Ohio, only one is worth venturing to.

The list posted on the front page mentioned the one on West Dublin-Granville Rd. That's the Sawmill TRU. No BRU there. 

This is what I see: 

OHIO

Western Hills 6251 Glenway Ave. OH

Dayton 2661 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd. OH

Mentor 7841 Mentor Ave OH

Dublin 3610 West Dublin-Granville Rd. OH

No mention of any BRU addresses...

Isnt that the BRU in the Whole Foods parking lot? The TRU on Sawmill is a block or two from a Dublin Granville Road.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#51 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 18531 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

How many of you bastards are around here, anyway!?

#52 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40278 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

I went to the one in Birmingham that was supposed to be closing down, but the manager said that they weren't going to be closing. I am glad to hear that as I really like that TRU, and I would hate to lose it as an option since the nearest other store is a two and a half hour trip each way in the opposite direction.

While I was there, I picked up a PotP Beachcomber and some stuff for my girls.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#53 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8738 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

or maybe he just doesnt know hes closing yet

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#54 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40278 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

Quite possible. I am hoping that it stays open though. The store before was a supermarket, so the place is huge and has a massive selection in both the TRU and BRU sides.

#55 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 18531 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

I don't think I've ever been in a standalone TRU that wasn't a purpose-built TRU.

#56 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3999 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

My nearest Toys R US, far back as I can remember its always been Toys R Us but I hardly go in there, even today, aside from the fact its about half an hour's drive from where I live and me without a means of transport beside bike, buses at one point use to be once every two hours as the area is full of warehouse type stores plus a large shopping complex, but I just never really felt the need to go into my nearest Toys R Us but if that one were to close, it would mean I would have to travel furrier to the other store in the region and take more than one bus to get there! However, I rarely shop with Toys R Us as I tend to use either Kapow Toys or In Demand Toys for my TF needs mostly as well as Ebay but there is a local Toy shop that resently reopenned in a smaller store or rather where it was once but the store been spilt into three units, one is a cafe, a small pizza take away and the Toy Shop but then one time that store was built as a Supermarket but I think the company ran into problems and closed the store, thus it went empty for a time before it was spilt into three units, one of which became a Mc D and most of the space was used by the Toy Shop, known as Entertainer but then a couple of years ago, they abandoned the town and the only place to get TFs outside of the net locally was Tesco or Argos, yet Argos wasn't really the best place to get TFs because it more a blind dip sort of thing while with Tesco their equally a pain because they didn't do Generations that much and tend to focus on the other line like RID or Movie. Anyway, if my local Toys R Us were to close, I wouldn't miss it as its a out of town store and someone would likely quickly snap up the store as its a sort of prime retail location, not to far from the Motorway and the entrance is about 5 min walk from the bus park and that connected to the shopping complex, so its pretty much Prime retail space but I highly doult it would close all things considered.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#57 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40278 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

I don't think I've ever been in a standalone TRU that wasn't a purpose-built TRU.

It is in a huge outdoor shopping center, called The Summit, that has a lot of high end stores in it. Originally, the building was at the end of the shopping center and it was a Bruno's supermarket. When the Bruno's supermarket chain ended about 8 years ago, Toys R Us swooped in and got the building. The store is about twice to three times bigger than my local TRU and really is a lot nicer.

#58 ThunderWear

ThunderWear

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 1281 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:03 AM

Looks like TRU is closing another 200 stores on top of the original 182:

https://www.wsj.com/...ores-1519254948

:/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#59 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67464 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:07 AM

Sad.  :(

ACItEK8.png

#60 NOIP

NOIP

A knockdown, dragout, rock and roll party in the streets.

• Citizen
  • 2311 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

But not entirely unexpected.
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users