Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done PokÚball red and white, but I don't know about specific PokÚdex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo
- - - - -

Toys R Us US Stores Entering Liquidation - The sales, the toys, the robots.

345 replies to this topic

#1 Kalidor

Kalidor

»\_(ツ)_/»

• Owner
  • 59732 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

There's a lot on that list, including the one literally within walking distance of my house. 

Check out the full list and information here.

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16394 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

It might make sense to shift the posts discussing this in the PotP thread over here.

-ZacWilliam, also there's also a thread for this in General already.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 DocChloroplast

DocChloroplast

I think you underestimate the depths of my pettiness

• Citizen
  • 589 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Oof, the one closest to me is closing. It's not a SUPER huge deal, since there's a Super Target right across the street that tends to be AS stocked on TFs, but it's still gonna suck to lose them; they tend to carry a bigger stock of amiibo, for one.

Edited by DocChloroplast, 24 January 2018 - 10:36 AM.

dFdY.png

Magaroja on TFWiki | PSN: ghostscreamer

Rest in Peace our darling Rydia, 1998 - Sept. 2, 2018

#4 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2482 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

All I can aside from bad luck to those in the US whose closest stores are closing, is:

All so the fall begins! Then again someone just needs to shout, "TIMBER!!!" and the stores start falling/closing!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#5 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 11937 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

I'm fortunate to live in an area where multiple TRUs are available within a reasonable driving distance. Even more so, the two closest to me look to be surviving this round, although two of my favorite not-as-close stores do indeed seem to be targeted. Hopefully, that at least means I can find some good deals starting next month.

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25821 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

I don't see the one nearest to me on that list, so that's a relief.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12194 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

All I can aside from bad luck to those in the US whose closest stores are closing, is:

All so the fall begins! Then again someone just needs to shout, "TIMBER!!!" and the stores start falling/closing!

Ssssoooooo you're happy for hundreds to thousands of workers losing their jobs in a piss-poor economy due to the machinations of greedy venture capitalists whose shortighted company-destroying profit-gobbling created a debt situation that caused a business that is actually successful and profitable under normal circumstances to suffer a debt burden that's nearly impossible to overcome because venture capitalists thrive on destruction, on top of the weakening of competition that manufacturers NEED for the market to be healthy or else more and more goes to companies like Walmart and Amazon who take and take and inch closer to monopoly status...

...because... um... they didn't satisfy your specific plastic tat demands, presumably?

M "This Is Not A Thing To Cheer. This Is Pretty Much Bad For Everybody Not From A Specific Set Of Billionaires" Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 24 January 2018 - 01:09 PM.

The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#8 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2482 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Ssssoooooo you're happy for hundreds to thousands of workers losing their jobs in a piss-poor economy due to the machinations of greedy venture capitalists whose shortighted company-destroying profit-gobbling created a debt situation that caused a business that is actually successful and profitable under normal circumstances to suffer a debt burden that's nearly impossible to overcome because venture capitalists thrive on destruction, on top of the weakening of competition that manufacturers NEED for the market to be healthy or else more and more goes to companies like Walmart and Amazon who take and take and inch closer to monopoly status...

...because... um... they didn't satisfy your specific plastic tat demands, presumably?

M "This Is Not A Thing To Cheer. This Is Pretty Much Bad For Everybody Not From A Specific Set Of Billionaires" Sipher

I never said I was happy about people losing their jobs, we all knew this was coming when news broke the company was in trouble and as I put it "So the fall begins" which means they are now downsizing to reduce their costs and overheads etc..., thus the fall of the company has begun including its rep!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#9 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9808 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

And one of my regular TRUs is closing. There's still another nearby, but still, this is a pain.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#10 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 15567 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

only-what-you-take-with-you.jpg

#11 Scent of Bio Dwarf

Scent of Bio Dwarf

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3719 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

only-what-you-take-with-you.jpg

You just destroyed my brain. 

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62934 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Yeah there were posts from other threads talking about this too.

#13 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12194 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Some of these stores aren't TRUs, they're Babies'R'Us stores. Sometimes you get stores that are both, but the Mira Mesa store listed here is ONLY a BRU.

I mean that's still not good as BRU is supposedly the doing-even-better part of the company. But just a heads-up.

M "Huh, Losing The Weird One Facing The Road The Wrong Way Near Where BC13 Was. Can't Say THAT Shocks Me" Sipher

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#14 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 1994 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

The one in Cape Girardeau is closing but both Marion and Paducah survive. Honestly I'd rather have kept Cape. Thw Marion TRU is terrible about keeping current on TFs.
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#15 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9125 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

I've got one Babies R Us and the two of the three TRUs within driving distance of my house closing, and the only one that's staying open is godawful at stocking anything, be it regular releases or exclusives. C'est la vie.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#16 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5562 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Some of these stores aren't TRUs, they're Babies'R'Us stores. Sometimes you get stores that are both, but the Mira Mesa store listed here is ONLY a BRU.

I mean that's still not good as BRU is supposedly the doing-even-better part of the company. But just a heads-up.

It seems like they're generally closing stores that are only one or the other in favor of keeping the combined stores open.

#17 tec

tec

Its a Gunda..oh its a Samus

• Supporter
  • 28495 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

My store is safe I still have a job

I look forward to getting more PotP we seem to be the only place thats gotten decent stock in plus I can price match and still use my discount

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#18 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12194 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:57 AM

It seems like they're generally closing stores that are only one or the other in favor of keeping the combined stores open.

That makes sense. I admit I haven't really bothered to notice if the two non-closing TRUs I've been to here are marked as combo stores, but I'm FAIRLY sure they both have sizable baby furniture et all departments.

M "Worth Driving To See If There's Anything Clearanced? Iunno..." Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#19 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3521 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

Seeing the list, I am relieved that the Amarillo Toys R' Us (the one I shop in) is not on there.

#20 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1641 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

Yes, I'm relieved that the only closing in my area is a Babies R Us. There's only 1 in easy driving distance and my four-year-old loves it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users