Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (21 February 2019 - 10:56 PM)

Thirty Helens agree.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2019 - 09:41 PM)

People forget the whole phrase. It's "Great minds thing alike, but fools rarely differ."

@  Nevermore : (21 February 2019 - 08:49 PM)

The German version is very straightforward: "Two idiots, one idea."

English: "Great minds think alike".

Here's an example of a phrase that's charmingly positive in English but self-deprecating in German:

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2019 - 12:36 PM)

Turns out the basic figures in the transformers siege line are basically minicons, and my sister is back in the hospital for another psychotic break. It's been an emotional day, and it's not even 1 pm yet.

@  Pennpenn : (21 February 2019 - 12:27 AM)

Maybe, or maybe it'd be more like wood? Y'know, bashing each other with planks.

@  Ashley : (21 February 2019 - 12:23 AM)

Wouldn't pillow fights be like slapping each other with meat?

@  unluckiness : (20 February 2019 - 11:54 PM)

RODO ROLLA DA

@  MEDdMI : (20 February 2019 - 11:14 PM)

they hit each other with full sized vehicles

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Also, do Softmus Prime and Slumblebee engage in pillow fights?

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Feathertron?

@  MEDdMI : (20 February 2019 - 08:34 AM)

@Penn Megadown, maybe?

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2019 - 05:38 AM)

The kernel.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2019 - 05:37 AM)

Who gives the orders in cyberwarfare?

@  Pennpenn : (20 February 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I wonder what Megatron would end up in that context?

@  Sabrblade : (19 February 2019 - 09:21 PM)

It's not "Optiplush"... it's "Softimus Prime"

@  Ashley : (19 February 2019 - 08:19 PM)

I've got the two plushes from the first movie, they're great

@  Shrug : (19 February 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Still have mine, although Optiplush Prime is kind of discolored

@  Shrug : (19 February 2019 - 07:59 PM)

They came out around the time of the first movie with the big merch push, but they were distinctly G1 and everything else wasnt, IIRC

@  Trpodeca : (19 February 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Take another shot Wonko.

@  Trpodeca : (19 February 2019 - 04:51 PM)

prime the lost season

@  wonko the sane? : (19 February 2019 - 01:41 PM)

I did not even know those things were a thing. I guess they didn't do very well cause they didn't make more of them.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 February 2019 - 01:25 PM)

Pfft, Hasbro did that 12 years ago with Slumblebee and Optiplush Prime

@  Xellos : (19 February 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Well, this past Christmas I did see licensed plush Transformers that went from their robot to vehicle mode by turning inside out just like popples.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 February 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Why DIDN'T transformers make plushes ala popples?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Design in mixed media and make him out of actual flannel.

@  Lancer : (18 February 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Make his fur a red and black flannel pattern

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2019 - 09:10 PM)

Bonus points if you can work in a red and black flannel pattern on his chest plate.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2019 - 09:09 PM)

Might as well make it cliched. Lumberjack moose male and aristocratic deer female.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Or their aristocratic deer.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2019 - 08:10 PM)

Thinking of making a pair of moose Transformer OCs, male and female. Thier a lovey dovy pair of lumberjacks

@  Paladin : (18 February 2019 - 06:56 PM)

they also have NOTORIOUSLY poor protection on their servers. do NOT keep a credit card on file there.

@  Telly : (18 February 2019 - 04:48 PM)

i just checked my past tfsource orders, and theres no sales tax charge

@  Arazyr : (18 February 2019 - 11:16 AM)

They haven't (yet, at least) on the stuff I currently have in my Stack. Haven't had them ship anything for a while, though, so I don't know if they will when I do...

@  Benbot : (18 February 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Does TFSource charge sales tax?

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2019 - 09:47 AM)

That's because, once upon a time, the people whom owned the animals weren't the people whom butchered them. So the pig was owned by a saxon who spoke english, but butchered by a french speaker. So a pig got cut up into PORC chops.

@  unluckiness : (18 February 2019 - 03:25 AM)

Hank Pym<<<< Hank Hill

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 February 2019 - 01:28 AM)

In that case, I don't see anything wrong with English speakers calling it what it is in English. Even though we technically use the French words for what comes out of it. "Beef", "pork"...

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2019 - 02:04 PM)

I’d like a Siege Thundercracker who has his regular blue colors Cybertronian jet mode which transforms into a robot mode with his Action Master colors. Looks like it could be possible.

@  Paladin : (17 February 2019 - 11:57 AM)

The cow was slaughtered in the abattoir.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 February 2019 - 08:53 AM)

It's not a pretty name: abattoir is literally just the french word for slaughterhouse.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 February 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Giving it a pretty name won't make it a pretty place.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 February 2019 - 02:45 AM)

I do believe there is an aphorism about the U.S.A. and yogurt being different because after 200 years the latter will have a culture.

@  Maruten : (16 February 2019 - 11:30 PM)

There's another word for "abattoir"?! Honestly you people, "slaughterhouse" is a bit on the nose.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 February 2019 - 10:09 PM)

I learned this week that the French-style term abattoir is prevalent in the UK/Commonwealth in place of where U.S.-American Anglophones would say "slaughterhouse". Fascinating.

@  MEDdMI : (16 February 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Nonsense. Everybody loves all my posts.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (16 February 2019 - 08:27 PM)

Or dislike them. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Wish we could like the shout posts...

@  Patch : (16 February 2019 - 04:26 PM)

Uh oh. Here comes a flock of Wah-Wahs.

Photo
- - - - -

Toys R Us US Stores Entering Liquidation - The sales, the toys, the robots.

378 replies to this topic

#1 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59743 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

There's a lot on that list, including the one literally within walking distance of my house. 

Check out the full list and information here.

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16692 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

It might make sense to shift the posts discussing this in the PotP thread over here.

-ZacWilliam, also there's also a thread for this in General already.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 DocChloroplast

DocChloroplast

I think you underestimate the depths of my pettiness

• Citizen
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Oof, the one closest to me is closing. It's not a SUPER huge deal, since there's a Super Target right across the street that tends to be AS stocked on TFs, but it's still gonna suck to lose them; they tend to carry a bigger stock of amiibo, for one.

Edited by DocChloroplast, 24 January 2018 - 10:36 AM.

dFdY.png

Magaroja on TFWiki | Buying POTP Prima Prime, either version

Rest in Peace our darling Rydia, 1998 - Sept. 2, 2018

#4 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2794 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

All I can aside from bad luck to those in the US whose closest stores are closing, is:

All so the fall begins! Then again someone just needs to shout, "TIMBER!!!" and the stores start falling/closing!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#5 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12234 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

I'm fortunate to live in an area where multiple TRUs are available within a reasonable driving distance. Even more so, the two closest to me look to be surviving this round, although two of my favorite not-as-close stores do indeed seem to be targeted. Hopefully, that at least means I can find some good deals starting next month.

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26996 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

I don't see the one nearest to me on that list, so that's a relief.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12372 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

All I can aside from bad luck to those in the US whose closest stores are closing, is:

All so the fall begins! Then again someone just needs to shout, "TIMBER!!!" and the stores start falling/closing!

Ssssoooooo you're happy for hundreds to thousands of workers losing their jobs in a piss-poor economy due to the machinations of greedy venture capitalists whose shortighted company-destroying profit-gobbling created a debt situation that caused a business that is actually successful and profitable under normal circumstances to suffer a debt burden that's nearly impossible to overcome because venture capitalists thrive on destruction, on top of the weakening of competition that manufacturers NEED for the market to be healthy or else more and more goes to companies like Walmart and Amazon who take and take and inch closer to monopoly status...

...because... um... they didn't satisfy your specific plastic tat demands, presumably?

M "This Is Not A Thing To Cheer. This Is Pretty Much Bad For Everybody Not From A Specific Set Of Billionaires" Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 24 January 2018 - 01:09 PM.

The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#8 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2794 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Ssssoooooo you're happy for hundreds to thousands of workers losing their jobs in a piss-poor economy due to the machinations of greedy venture capitalists whose shortighted company-destroying profit-gobbling created a debt situation that caused a business that is actually successful and profitable under normal circumstances to suffer a debt burden that's nearly impossible to overcome because venture capitalists thrive on destruction, on top of the weakening of competition that manufacturers NEED for the market to be healthy or else more and more goes to companies like Walmart and Amazon who take and take and inch closer to monopoly status...

...because... um... they didn't satisfy your specific plastic tat demands, presumably?

M "This Is Not A Thing To Cheer. This Is Pretty Much Bad For Everybody Not From A Specific Set Of Billionaires" Sipher

I never said I was happy about people losing their jobs, we all knew this was coming when news broke the company was in trouble and as I put it "So the fall begins" which means they are now downsizing to reduce their costs and overheads etc..., thus the fall of the company has begun including its rep!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#9 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10038 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

And one of my regular TRUs is closing. There's still another nearby, but still, this is a pain.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#10 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 16615 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

only-what-you-take-with-you.jpg

#11 Overhead Burrito

Overhead Burrito

Emergency Rations

• Supporter
  • 3919 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

only-what-you-take-with-you.jpg

You just destroyed my brain. 

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63941 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Yeah there were posts from other threads talking about this too.

ACItEK8.png

#13 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12372 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Some of these stores aren't TRUs, they're Babies'R'Us stores. Sometimes you get stores that are both, but the Mira Mesa store listed here is ONLY a BRU.

I mean that's still not good as BRU is supposedly the doing-even-better part of the company. But just a heads-up.

M "Huh, Losing The Weird One Facing The Road The Wrong Way Near Where BC13 Was. Can't Say THAT Shocks Me" Sipher

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#14 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 2148 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

The one in Cape Girardeau is closing but both Marion and Paducah survive. Honestly I'd rather have kept Cape. Thw Marion TRU is terrible about keeping current on TFs.
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#15 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9229 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

I've got one Babies R Us and the two of the three TRUs within driving distance of my house closing, and the only one that's staying open is godawful at stocking anything, be it regular releases or exclusives. C'est la vie.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#16 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5665 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Some of these stores aren't TRUs, they're Babies'R'Us stores. Sometimes you get stores that are both, but the Mira Mesa store listed here is ONLY a BRU.

I mean that's still not good as BRU is supposedly the doing-even-better part of the company. But just a heads-up.

It seems like they're generally closing stores that are only one or the other in favor of keeping the combined stores open.

#17 tec

tec

Kick the tires & light the fires

• Supporter
  • 29651 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

My store is safe I still have a job

I look forward to getting more PotP we seem to be the only place thats gotten decent stock in plus I can price match and still use my discount

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#18 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12372 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:57 AM

It seems like they're generally closing stores that are only one or the other in favor of keeping the combined stores open.

That makes sense. I admit I haven't really bothered to notice if the two non-closing TRUs I've been to here are marked as combo stores, but I'm FAIRLY sure they both have sizable baby furniture et all departments.

M "Worth Driving To See If There's Anything Clearanced? Iunno..." Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#19 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3548 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

Seeing the list, I am relieved that the Amarillo Toys R' Us (the one I shop in) is not on there.

#20 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1674 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

Yes, I'm relieved that the only closing in my area is a Babies R Us. There's only 1 in easy driving distance and my four-year-old loves it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users