Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 August 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Despite my parents explaining that to me when I was a kid, I still half-panic every time I see condensation dripping.

@  Shrug : (15 August 2018 - 08:23 PM)

Yup. If the water happens to be on the left or right of the vehicle, make sure to remember that. That way it's real easy to tell if it's something else dripping.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:15 PM)

So I checked online and it appears... it's totally normal, that's apparently condensed water from the air conditioning.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:14 PM)

Phew!" For a moment I thought I was in real trouble because when I arrived at home and drove my car into the garage, there was a trail of large wet spots.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

The showerhead exploded off the pipe this morning. So yeah... think it's going to be a "great" day.

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

Luckily, it was "Wheel Horse Lawnmower"

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

I knew that my father was getting old when he finally posted a facebook status that was clearly a search term.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

could've been worse then :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:03 PM)

So when he tried to pry into his daughter's love life, he ended up posting numerous search terms relating to "hot boy".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:02 PM)

I once saw this comedy episode wherein a dad mistakenly thought the status bar on Facebook was the search bar.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

is cool squawkbox =/= search box

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

iron man note to self

@  Echowarrior : (12 August 2018 - 05:02 AM)

Happy Birthday to Nevermore and Angelus!

@  Waspinator : (11 August 2018 - 04:45 PM)

I like how that game had all kinds of transformation attacks. Some of them may not have made much sense, but they looked cool.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2018 - 11:33 AM)

Menasor kinda did that in the Devastation video game. He'd split into the Stunticons and run you over.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 August 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Megatron screams "decepticons attack", the constructicons form devastator, who then screams "Multi-vector assault mode" and breaks back into invdividual bots to attack seperately.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Imagine: an armada battle between Omega Supreme and Tidal Wave.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Some TF creator should apply it to multi-component Transformers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:19 PM)

"Multi-vector assault mode" is such a cool term from Star Trek: Voyager.

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 August 2018 - 04:24 PM)

Most things would be pretty cold after two hundred and seventy degrees.

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:39 PM)

(Because F = (9C/5) + 32)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:38 PM)

Oh yeah, five times thirty is TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY! My bad...

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 01:15 PM)

Given the weather we've been having this summer, anything under 30 is a friggen god send.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2018 - 12:53 PM)

Surely "slightly under 30" doesn't pass for "cold" unless you live in the tropics.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:20 PM)

... or we're finally facing the end game of global warming, but no one will care by then.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

Generally speaking, if the number when referring to temperature is less than 50, you're probably not talking to an american.

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 11:13 AM)

86 F

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:07 AM)

(30 C = 68 F)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:06 AM)

And is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 09:13 AM)

What continent are you in?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 06:41 AM)

oh wow... even with humidity today it won't break 30. It's going to be so... COLD...

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:58 AM)

@Msol Make sure he shares. My bro hardly ever let me play with his TFs. I even offered to let him play with my dolls/ponies, too.

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:37 AM)

:p My brother was a bigger pain as a kid. As adults, I'm the bigger pain now.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 August 2018 - 06:31 AM)

Congrats man, and good luck. My personal experience is that little girls are pains in the ass clean through 30.

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 10:59 PM)

Yup yup. Now my 2.5yo will need to learn to share all his TFs...

@  MEDdMI : (07 August 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Msol Really? Congratulations! :)

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 08:48 PM)

Ack! We're having a girl!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 August 2018 - 06:16 PM)

It did include a Transmetal 2 hyena with a giant sawblade in his back.

@  unluckiness : (07 August 2018 - 08:56 AM)

but does it BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

Okay, I don't buy doubles and I would have gone after a dozen of those.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2018 - 10:32 PM)

I still think Beast Wars should have included a Transmetal Maximal hyena with a motorcycle-based semi-third mode, of Junkion descent, named Lafftrax

@  Pennpenn : (06 August 2018 - 03:24 AM)

Well if they did the same thing as Roadbattletrapslash (and if they didn't what's the point?) it'd be two new molds, but still.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 August 2018 - 01:08 PM)

I'm surprised that Hasbro wound up scheduling Frenzy for release in the Bumblebee movie line.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 12:50 PM)

Dunno. There's been recent Rewind toys, and Eject is just a quick repaint. Flywheels would mean a whole new mold.

@  Cyoti : (05 August 2018 - 08:24 AM)

Flywheels is probably in the same queue at Hasbro as Eject.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 03:22 AM)

Energon Redux.

@  Foffy : (05 August 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Grand Slamwich

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:51 PM)

So we can get proper Flywheels and maybe Grand Slam? I mean, I'm sure if they did it as a full range we'd have an Optimus in there somewhere (with Roller pants? I dunno).

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

I'd like to see them do more duocon type toys later on. Sort of like how they did Brainstorm as a Headmaster on his own before releasing an entire range of them.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2018 - 08:03 AM)

The first time I saw him, they were both on the shelf, and I passed on roadtrap cause I wasn't overtly impressed with the design. Grabbed battleslashe, read the instructions... ahhh, it's a duocon. Then didn't see the little blue git again until yesterday.

Photo
- - - - -

Making a better adaptation of MTMTE/Lost Light.

MTMTE Lost Light Transformers IDW

15 replies to this topic

#1 Scaramouche

Scaramouche

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE!

• Protoform
  • 13 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

I loved MTMTE when it began but in its current form Lost Light, it's frankly sucked. 

If you were given the opportunity to do make an animated adaptation of it but were allowed to change what things you disliked or could improve on the story what would you do?

Here's what i'd do. 

Keep Season 1 mostly intact though maybe have Nautica on board in Season 1. 

The real question is do you keep Megatron in the 2nd season or remove him entirely changing the entire story? I'd probably keep him. 

Remove Dark Cybertron but still have the Lost Light go back to Cybertron because they're running out of supplies and after the Circle of Light thing, some bots want off Rodimus's wild ride. 

Initially stays the same until after issue 40. 

Getaway and Atomizer purposely trick the Protectobots to get off the ship forced to go to a coference to represent the lost light on a colony world for a month. (so no 6 month time skip between 49 & 50's issue) 47 is when they leave. 

Remove the personality ticks and Swervearth, now the Necroworld is a 2 parter, it combines the deal with Nautica's past, Velocity's introduction, replace Thunderclash joining the crew with Countdown (hence you can have him join the mutiny without questioning Thunderclash's moral fiberness as much) and introduce Road Rage so she can be a female mutineer and Crosscut's love interest. The Necroworld second parter has a funeral for Trailbreaker where this sows the seeds for a mutiny when Megatron tries to speak and certain bots start to question the leadership of the LL hierarchy. Also a poker night with Swerve, Bluestreak and future mutineers, then the bullet from Swervearth Swerve had lodged in him comes into play but then that happens into what issue 47 was. almost them getting on track until Getaway/Cyclonus/Tailgate drama ruins that progress. 

Keep the Scavangers issue in tact after the Necroworld arc. 

Issue/episode 48 doesn't gloss over everything that happened in 47 like it did in the comic. Cyclonus is injured badly but doesn't recover as easily, is back for 50. 

The holiday issue from 2015 is adapted as the last episode before episode 50. 

50 mostly plays out as it does. 

51 brings in Overlord at the halfway point of the episode with Ratchet and Drift's return ending the episode.

52 is where Drift has his reunion with everyone. Megatron and Drift have a moment which was sorely lacking from the original arc. Most of the Overlord and Tarn shenanigans happen in this one. Episode ends when Skids reveals to Brainstorm what happened to Quark making Brainstorm pissed at him. 

53 the DJD finally just straight up go on the attack, forcing the RodSquad to split up into small teams to take on all their enemies with wit, firepower and no bullshit superpower up modes. Megatron learns of the fools energon thing much sooner from Ratchet, someone gives Megatron the lesson he really needed about true pacifism that it's fine to defend you and your loved ones. 

54 is where the meat of the action occur. Skids is killed by one of the DJD members, he still does the scum thing as his final words. Tarn kills Kaon like he did in the comic for letting the pet escape. Deathsaurus and Nickel leave in disgust of what Tarn did to Kaon. The other DJD are defeatedone by one by the Squad. Overlord is forced to leave as the request of his superiors at the Galactic Council and when Tarn is all alone now, Ravage attacks only to be torn in half as the cliffhanger pissing Megatron off. 

55 Megatron vs Tarn one on one. We get more of an insight of what created Tarn. Tarn in this version is not one bot but two. he's both Roller and Glitch. Roller Tarn is the Tarn Skids knew and Glitch Tarn is the current Tarn. Megatron finally kills Tarn but in a more satisfying manner. Skids is now dead, Nautica mourns his loss, Brainstorm is depressed Skids died with him being angry at him. The Pet is found and the Dominus Ambus thing is revealed, same thing happens in the comic. They all try to keep is quiet that Dominus became the pet from Magnus. season ends with Ravage's death & Megatron flipping the table.

Lost Light 1/S3 begins with Anode and Lug appearing to get rescued....but not. They're killed off, thus improving the series. 

The Necrobot bringing certain bots back thing happens but it's all new characters outside of Kaput and Fangry different from the book. No Roller, No Terminus. Megatron suffers a spark attack, his insides all hugged from the fight from Tarn and the stress of Ravage's death sets him over the edge, during the episode where introduced to the new characters adjusting to learning they've survived the war and it's (mostly) peace time. Episode ends with Megatron stabilized but in a coma. 

Issue 2 all the bullshit with Tailgate and him beating up Fangry and all that crap. Nautica grieves over both Skids and Ravage's deaths. It's a self-reflection episode. Everybody realizes Megatron did good here and doesn't bad mouth him when he's gone. Rodimus finally decides the next course of action, beat Getaway to the punch and take back their ship. 

Issue 3, basically issue 7. They don't build a ship out of a carcass, they make it out of the Necrobots place. Tailgate stays behind to deal with his power but of course Fangry hugs him over as it happened in comic, Tailgate never comes back ever. 

Issue 4 focuses on Megatron in his coma fever dream, all the Functionist arc stuff happens in here. Anode only exists in his dream, stuff like that. 

Issue 5 what LL 10 is about, the Protectobots come back and Getaway's in charge. Nothing really changes much. 

Issue 6, LL 11 essentially minus the bad political references. Though we get more focus through the mutineers, like we see what they think but of course Froid and Sunder begin to mess with people's minds. ends with the Riptide cliffhanger.

Issue/Episode 7 & 8 intermission from the mutineers, covers what happened in LL 8 & 9 with Nautica almost selling her friendship with Velocity. Swerve and either Drift or Rung take Anode and Lug's spots coming with Nautica & Velocity. No stealing but we learn Swerve's metallurgist past, Wipe-Out is brought in as Swerve's old friend. Wipe-Out has Anode's stealing problem. Mengle gets a re-name because naming a robot after a Nazi is stupid. Don't have Nautica lose any caring of Skids (and Ravage) at all in the end, she learns that you need to eventually move on and stop sulking. Mengle's workship is attacked by the Galactic Council and hence they loose Skids's brain module but can't just go back. Scorponok reveal is still intact. They also have plans to use Skids brain to create a new robot (so Skids come back but all wrong and now their enemy...design would be based on either the RID2001 version or ROTF version), also features Rodimus yelling at Nautica and co. for hugging the entire mission up and losing Skids. 

episode 9, what LL 12 is except, Rook gets some actual focus before dying. One of the mutineers maybe Bluestreak learning what Getaway is up to and joining First Aid, The Protectobots, Riptide and Thunderclash. Mirage still dies. Defensor actually beats the crap out of Getaway just inches from death but is still defeated by Star Saber. Proper confirmation that Getaway was always a mole from Tyrest, Atomizer is still alive but begins self doubting real hard in a what have I done but tries to keep appearances up.Don't have them find Cyberutopia just yet, save it for a later episode. 

episode 10 -  no Anode's head in ass since she will no longer exist.

thoughts?

Edited by Scaramouche, 19 January 2018 - 09:28 PM.

#2 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21838 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

just adapt the good parts

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#3 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5908 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

I'll be honest, the comics went downhill starting with season 2. There were some good comics in there, but then we have Swerve planet, personality ticks & some other oddball shenanigans that really feel out of place.

I like elements of LL, but I wish it was more like season 1.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#4 unluckiness

unluckiness

THEY'RE IN MAH BELLY

• Apprentice Staff
  • 17447 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:32 AM

It's easy. Get a head writer whose head isn't up their own orifice

pDHhVB1.jpg

#5 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5195 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

All of the music is replaced with Top 30 Pop Hits instead of indie musiqué.

#6 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 26959 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

The political references are more subtle.

#7 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 15327 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

It's very similar to the comic, but instead of Rung, it has lasting consequences for the writer's favorite characters.

#8 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2433 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

Rook should be inserted into every single scene, always in the background, poking his head over someone's shoulder.

#9 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25703 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

Tell Roberts he isn't allowed to explain anything on Twitter.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#10 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1517 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Sometimes things you like can just end up sucking.

It's a lot healthier to accept that than pretending it could magically be better if you tweak it in ways that can never happen.

#11 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3301 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

Rook should be inserted into every single scene, always in the background, poking his head over someone's shoulder.

One: Rook needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

Two: whenever Rook's not on-panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Rook?"

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#12 Tailgreat

Tailgreat
  • Citizen
  • 319 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

Sometimes things you like can just end up sucking.

It's a lot healthier to accept that than pretending it could magically be better if you tweak it in ways that can never happen.

You never hate anything as much as something you used to love.

#13 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Whenever Rook isn't on screen everyone should be asking, "Where's Rook?"

#14 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 7150 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Alternate universe where MTMTE never happens and instead we get a Hearts of Steel ongoing.

#15 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10413 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

why would you want an ongoing version of the comic whose only appeal was "look what they turn into in this one"

#16 Arcee Prime

Arcee Prime

Potato

• Citizen
  • 291 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Just do an adaptation of the first season and leave it at that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users