Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (19 May 2018 - 02:17 PM)

@TM2-Megatron Yeah, it is like @TheMightyMollusk says. The catch is that usually means they can contain beef, and I confirmed it by pushing my luck. XD So... yeah, if going to the theater was about watching the film, it might be worth potentially resting on the balls of my feet while technically sitting in the chair, but put it all together... and I just wait to watch it at home. Oh, and ticket prices, always ticket prices.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2018 - 10:24 AM)

woot woot! Korean barbeque for dinner!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 May 2018 - 05:51 AM)

It's meat scraps. Whatever's left over from cutting up the more choice cuts.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 May 2018 - 11:26 PM)

Well, the hot dogs Cineplex has (pretty much our only big theatre chain) around here are quite good, but I have no idea of the composition, and honestly, it's probably better that way.

@  Otaku : (18 May 2018 - 10:01 PM)

@TM2-Megatron In my case, shouldn't risk the hot dogs, either. Maybe if they are guaranteed to contain NO beef (can't digest it anymore >_<).

@  Waspinator : (18 May 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Semper ubi sub ubi

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Then classmate, I mean.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

A classmate of mine once did one: Asked for the English term for [underpants], he replied "underground trousers".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

Urkomisch!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

@Nevermore First time I have ever heard of this, but it sounds awesome!

@  Arazyr : (18 May 2018 - 08:39 AM)

We did that amongst ourselves in German class in college. We just called it "Germish", though.

@  Shrug : (18 May 2018 - 07:01 AM)

Nevermore, you've peaked my interest and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:04 AM)

The term itself is an example: "English for Runaways" is supposed to mean "English for advanced speakers".

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:03 AM)

Think of it as the German variety of Engrish, only done completely on purpose for maximum hilarity. The target audience are bilingual German native speakers who a) understand the intended meaning and b) realize the absurdness of the end result.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:02 AM)

It's basically the official unofficial term for deliberate mistranslations between German and English, done for the lulz.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:01 AM)

Has anyone ever heard of the term "English for Runaways"?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 May 2018 - 01:13 AM)

Okay... Seriously.. The Mystic Knights need a DVD release already.. I keep seeing them pop up in the most random of places.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 May 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Unfortunately no Squidkids at Sea World so no splat zones. Now that would have been a good brand deal to advertise in the park, and would have made more brand sense than friggin' Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 07:52 PM)

i think that's where the orcas jump & land on the trainers in protest to their horrible treatment

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 May 2018 - 06:53 PM)

Splat zones? ;)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 05:05 PM)

It was wet from gallons of salt water. Splash zones, man.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2018 - 04:46 PM)

Only if you're classy.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 04:42 PM)

do you serve orca meat with butter?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 May 2018 - 03:57 PM)

I hope it was wet from butter

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 01:06 AM)

I used to work at Sea World in Florida, in the stroller rental warehouse, where we would regularly have to hose wet popcorn out of strollers. Popcorn hasn't really appealed to me since.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Mine got the HP Pavilion Gaming 15" Green light laptop...and I can't find anything about it except the press release and HP's own website options.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:35 PM)

Always bemusing to find a new laptop series at Walmart and then can't find ANYTHING online about it except for the press releases

@  Paladin : (16 May 2018 - 06:52 PM)

still sounds preferable to "The Hobbit."

@  wonko the sane? : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

I once farted so rank the guy behind me walked out of the lord of rings movie. Told my brother someone needed to sew my ass shut on his way out.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

If I couldn't eat popcorn, I have to admit that would remove part of the appeal for my going, as well. Although the theatre chain up here still has decent hot dogs, I guess

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 06:12 PM)

Yeah.. Stomach issues is one of the big medical reasons for me as well.

@  Otaku : (16 May 2018 - 05:55 PM)

I rarely go to movie theaters anymore: besides being too fat to sit comfortably in the seats, I have digestive health issues. No popcorn at all. >_<

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 05:26 PM)

Medical reasons.

@  Telly : (16 May 2018 - 12:49 PM)

why?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 May 2018 - 04:37 PM)

I can't even go the theater anymore really.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 03:29 PM)

Personally, I like the short wait. As much as I still enjoy going to the theatre, I also like getting movies at home as soon as possible

@  Bass X0 : (15 May 2018 - 03:12 PM)

Just found out John Mahoney (Martin Crane in Frasier) died earlier this year. That's sad.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 May 2018 - 02:59 PM)

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the turn around time on new movies making it to home formats.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM)

Only for Steelbooks and whatnot, anyway

@  Telly : (15 May 2018 - 02:23 PM)

picked up black panther on bluray. walmart had little signs next to the price sticker saying theyre actually limiting copies of it to 2 per customer. ive never seen that on a movie before

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

And I get to keep the vehicle with its 43,130 miles!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Cha-CHING! My "total loss" PT Cruiser (with some hail damage from last year with a $4200 repair bill for cosmetic damage) netted me a $6000 payday with a clear title since it is over 10 years old!

@  Locoman : (14 May 2018 - 01:36 PM)

Yes. The authorities have been notified of your predilections. Remain where you are.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 May 2018 - 11:53 AM)

Is it wrong that I want to refer to PotP Inferno's combiner form as Phoenix King?

@  Paladin : (14 May 2018 - 07:33 AM)

more and more i'm starting to wish i'd become an alcoholic years ago.

@  Otaku : (14 May 2018 - 06:31 AM)

The sad thing is that I sometimes think a little social drinking by others puts us on even footing. I'm sure you're all shocked (which emoticon do i use for sarcasm again?) that I'm not good at social situations, and either I clam up or say too much, can't read the room, etc.? XP

@  Nevermore : (14 May 2018 - 12:21 AM)

I don't drink for a variety of reasons. Family alcoholism, can't stand the smell, don't like what it does to people, etc.

@  Waspinator : (13 May 2018 - 11:15 PM)

It's not always other people caring about you not drinking that makes it awkward. You can make yourself feel awkward by not doing something everyone else is doing without anyone even trying to make you do it. Peer pressure doesn't have to be intentional, the desire to fit in can make you do it to yourself.

@  Plokatron : (13 May 2018 - 10:57 PM)

@Pennpenn Same here. I just don't see a need to drink hard stuff even if it's as simple as one sip. Two reasons one I'd probably be as much a lightweight as Doc. Brown and two my uncle was killed in a car wreck due to a drunk driver and I've made a promise to my mother to never drink unless it's very special. I'm even less tolerant of Smoking or chewing Tabaco since my dad had cancer twice due to chewing learned his lesson after he survived round two. And before I get the naysayers on this the doctors specified to him that it was chewing that screwed him up. His genes did have a possible trigger in them that coulc of gone off but according to the docs it only mutated after he started chewing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 May 2018 - 08:06 PM)

I have enough problems with Diabetes messing with me.. Don't need alcohol adding to it. ;)

Photo
- - - - -

Making a better adaptation of MTMTE/Lost Light.

MTMTE Lost Light Transformers IDW

15 replies to this topic

#1 Scaramouche

Scaramouche

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE!

• Protoform
  • 13 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

I loved MTMTE when it began but in its current form Lost Light, it's frankly sucked. 

If you were given the opportunity to do make an animated adaptation of it but were allowed to change what things you disliked or could improve on the story what would you do?

Here's what i'd do. 

Keep Season 1 mostly intact though maybe have Nautica on board in Season 1. 

The real question is do you keep Megatron in the 2nd season or remove him entirely changing the entire story? I'd probably keep him. 

Remove Dark Cybertron but still have the Lost Light go back to Cybertron because they're running out of supplies and after the Circle of Light thing, some bots want off Rodimus's wild ride. 

Initially stays the same until after issue 40. 

Getaway and Atomizer purposely trick the Protectobots to get off the ship forced to go to a coference to represent the lost light on a colony world for a month. (so no 6 month time skip between 49 & 50's issue) 47 is when they leave. 

Remove the personality ticks and Swervearth, now the Necroworld is a 2 parter, it combines the deal with Nautica's past, Velocity's introduction, replace Thunderclash joining the crew with Countdown (hence you can have him join the mutiny without questioning Thunderclash's moral fiberness as much) and introduce Road Rage so she can be a female mutineer and Crosscut's love interest. The Necroworld second parter has a funeral for Trailbreaker where this sows the seeds for a mutiny when Megatron tries to speak and certain bots start to question the leadership of the LL hierarchy. Also a poker night with Swerve, Bluestreak and future mutineers, then the bullet from Swervearth Swerve had lodged in him comes into play but then that happens into what issue 47 was. almost them getting on track until Getaway/Cyclonus/Tailgate drama ruins that progress. 

Keep the Scavangers issue in tact after the Necroworld arc. 

Issue/episode 48 doesn't gloss over everything that happened in 47 like it did in the comic. Cyclonus is injured badly but doesn't recover as easily, is back for 50. 

The holiday issue from 2015 is adapted as the last episode before episode 50. 

50 mostly plays out as it does. 

51 brings in Overlord at the halfway point of the episode with Ratchet and Drift's return ending the episode.

52 is where Drift has his reunion with everyone. Megatron and Drift have a moment which was sorely lacking from the original arc. Most of the Overlord and Tarn shenanigans happen in this one. Episode ends when Skids reveals to Brainstorm what happened to Quark making Brainstorm pissed at him. 

53 the DJD finally just straight up go on the attack, forcing the RodSquad to split up into small teams to take on all their enemies with wit, firepower and no bullshit superpower up modes. Megatron learns of the fools energon thing much sooner from Ratchet, someone gives Megatron the lesson he really needed about true pacifism that it's fine to defend you and your loved ones. 

54 is where the meat of the action occur. Skids is killed by one of the DJD members, he still does the scum thing as his final words. Tarn kills Kaon like he did in the comic for letting the pet escape. Deathsaurus and Nickel leave in disgust of what Tarn did to Kaon. The other DJD are defeatedone by one by the Squad. Overlord is forced to leave as the request of his superiors at the Galactic Council and when Tarn is all alone now, Ravage attacks only to be torn in half as the cliffhanger pissing Megatron off. 

55 Megatron vs Tarn one on one. We get more of an insight of what created Tarn. Tarn in this version is not one bot but two. he's both Roller and Glitch. Roller Tarn is the Tarn Skids knew and Glitch Tarn is the current Tarn. Megatron finally kills Tarn but in a more satisfying manner. Skids is now dead, Nautica mourns his loss, Brainstorm is depressed Skids died with him being angry at him. The Pet is found and the Dominus Ambus thing is revealed, same thing happens in the comic. They all try to keep is quiet that Dominus became the pet from Magnus. season ends with Ravage's death & Megatron flipping the table.

Lost Light 1/S3 begins with Anode and Lug appearing to get rescued....but not. They're killed off, thus improving the series. 

The Necrobot bringing certain bots back thing happens but it's all new characters outside of Kaput and Fangry different from the book. No Roller, No Terminus. Megatron suffers a spark attack, his insides all hugged from the fight from Tarn and the stress of Ravage's death sets him over the edge, during the episode where introduced to the new characters adjusting to learning they've survived the war and it's (mostly) peace time. Episode ends with Megatron stabilized but in a coma. 

Issue 2 all the bullshit with Tailgate and him beating up Fangry and all that crap. Nautica grieves over both Skids and Ravage's deaths. It's a self-reflection episode. Everybody realizes Megatron did good here and doesn't bad mouth him when he's gone. Rodimus finally decides the next course of action, beat Getaway to the punch and take back their ship. 

Issue 3, basically issue 7. They don't build a ship out of a carcass, they make it out of the Necrobots place. Tailgate stays behind to deal with his power but of course Fangry hugs him over as it happened in comic, Tailgate never comes back ever. 

Issue 4 focuses on Megatron in his coma fever dream, all the Functionist arc stuff happens in here. Anode only exists in his dream, stuff like that. 

Issue 5 what LL 10 is about, the Protectobots come back and Getaway's in charge. Nothing really changes much. 

Issue 6, LL 11 essentially minus the bad political references. Though we get more focus through the mutineers, like we see what they think but of course Froid and Sunder begin to mess with people's minds. ends with the Riptide cliffhanger.

Issue/Episode 7 & 8 intermission from the mutineers, covers what happened in LL 8 & 9 with Nautica almost selling her friendship with Velocity. Swerve and either Drift or Rung take Anode and Lug's spots coming with Nautica & Velocity. No stealing but we learn Swerve's metallurgist past, Wipe-Out is brought in as Swerve's old friend. Wipe-Out has Anode's stealing problem. Mengle gets a re-name because naming a robot after a Nazi is stupid. Don't have Nautica lose any caring of Skids (and Ravage) at all in the end, she learns that you need to eventually move on and stop sulking. Mengle's workship is attacked by the Galactic Council and hence they loose Skids's brain module but can't just go back. Scorponok reveal is still intact. They also have plans to use Skids brain to create a new robot (so Skids come back but all wrong and now their enemy...design would be based on either the RID2001 version or ROTF version), also features Rodimus yelling at Nautica and co. for hugging the entire mission up and losing Skids. 

episode 9, what LL 12 is except, Rook gets some actual focus before dying. One of the mutineers maybe Bluestreak learning what Getaway is up to and joining First Aid, The Protectobots, Riptide and Thunderclash. Mirage still dies. Defensor actually beats the crap out of Getaway just inches from death but is still defeated by Star Saber. Proper confirmation that Getaway was always a mole from Tyrest, Atomizer is still alive but begins self doubting real hard in a what have I done but tries to keep appearances up.Don't have them find Cyberutopia just yet, save it for a later episode. 

episode 10 -  no Anode's head in ass since she will no longer exist.

thoughts?

Edited by Scaramouche, 19 January 2018 - 09:28 PM.

#2 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

New Year New Me

• Apprentice Staff
  • 21602 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

just adapt the good parts

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#3 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5877 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

I'll be honest, the comics went downhill starting with season 2. There were some good comics in there, but then we have Swerve planet, personality ticks & some other oddball shenanigans that really feel out of place.

I like elements of LL, but I wish it was more like season 1.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#4 unluckiness

unluckiness

THEY'RE IN MAH BELLY

• Apprentice Staff
  • 16850 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:32 AM

It's easy. Get a head writer whose head isn't up their own orifice

pDHhVB1.jpg

#5 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5061 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

All of the music is replaced with Top 30 Pop Hits instead of indie musiqué.

#6 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 26496 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

The political references are more subtle.

#7 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 14708 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

It's very similar to the comic, but instead of Rung, it has lasting consequences for the writer's favorite characters.

#8 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2361 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

Rook should be inserted into every single scene, always in the background, poking his head over someone's shoulder.

#9 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25426 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

Tell Roberts he isn't allowed to explain anything on Twitter.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#10 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1408 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Sometimes things you like can just end up sucking.

It's a lot healthier to accept that than pretending it could magically be better if you tweak it in ways that can never happen.

#11 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3060 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

Rook should be inserted into every single scene, always in the background, poking his head over someone's shoulder.

One: Rook needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

Two: whenever Rook's not on-panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Rook?"

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#12 Tailgreat

Tailgreat
  • Citizen
  • 304 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

Sometimes things you like can just end up sucking.

It's a lot healthier to accept that than pretending it could magically be better if you tweak it in ways that can never happen.

You never hate anything as much as something you used to love.

#13 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Whenever Rook isn't on screen everyone should be asking, "Where's Rook?"

#14 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 6923 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Alternate universe where MTMTE never happens and instead we get a Hearts of Steel ongoing.

#15 Broadside

Broadside

Black hole sun/Won't you come/And swallow Cybertron

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10116 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

why would you want an ongoing version of the comic whose only appeal was "look what they turn into in this one"

#16 Arcee Prime

Arcee Prime

Potato

• Citizen
  • 269 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Just do an adaptation of the first season and leave it at that.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MTMTE, Lost Light, Transformers, IDW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users