Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 07:16 PM)

I mean the foam was dangerous, but in space they probably put out the fires, then wore the equivalent of a hazmat suit to clean up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Only on special occassions.

@  Paladin : (20 June 2018 - 03:50 PM)

you don't?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I mean, we don't usually use asbestos on our souls.....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM)

*looks at asbestos" Yep... Cause we've never used something harmful as a fire retardant. x.x;

@  unluckiness : (20 June 2018 - 06:32 AM)

fire retardant foam is so powerful it can extinguish even sparks

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I mean, this is a species that can be disabled (possibly fatally after a while?) by flame retardant foam, so yeah.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM)

Transformers are exactly as resilient as the plot needs them to be, so who knows, it could be lethal today.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Which is why Marvel Megatron was interested in Dr. Biggles-Jones' railgun design and had it grafted onto his G2 tank mode.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 08:43 PM)

Doesn't really matter what transformers are made of. If you send a 10 pound ball of metal flying at a good enough velocity, you will do damage.

@  Soft Snow : (19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM)

A regular cannon that shoots cannon balls and does nothing to other transformers because they are robots but would put a mean whole in the side of your wooden boat...

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:44 PM)

wtf did the shoutbox do to my emoji

also @ patchy its whatever your heart desires 😘

shes not a drill but she is a grill

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 June 2018 - 05:40 PM)

POTP CINDERSAUR IS A GIRL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 June 2018 - 05:18 PM)

A fusion cannon, or just a regular cannon?

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:04 PM)

megatron but he turns into a ford fusion with a cannon badly welded onto the roof

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM)

My Little Fusion Cannon: Friendship Through Tyranny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM)

was that supposed to sound sexual

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure that megatrons cannon is his best friend, so that friendship is magic stuff won't work.

@  MEDdMI : (19 June 2018 - 01:16 PM)

And then the magic ponies force everyone to be friends FOREVERRRRRRR

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:53 AM)

As for Megatron vs Skynet... Shockwave decides to partner with Skynet and oust Megatron after first contact is made. We get Terminator/Vehicon hybrids. At first the humans are expedient pawns (why waste loyal Decepticons), then enough humans augmented with Cybertronian tech impress Megs that, after victory, humanity is absorbed into the Decepticon empire. Even if only as second or third class citizens, it still beats being seen as vermin by Skynet.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Like I said, it is a nitpick; it makes sense, I'd just like to see a "regular" Earth setting where the 'cons take a stealthier approach to things - maybe because the Autobots are a better check against them and so they play the heroes. I mean, they could use various means to take being a sort of M.A.S.K. meets Power Rangers style team. ;)

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:45 AM)

@Nevermore Works well enough for me. If I had to nitpick, I think there are actually two different stories being forced together. A "Thunderbolts" style story with the Decepticons doesn't need Skynet... and Megatron liberating the humans from Skynet doesn't need the subterfuge, at least for long.

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:33 AM)

I can dig it

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:21 AM)

So Thunderbolts with giant robots?

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:22 PM)

Thundercracker, in particular.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Some of the Decepticons start to really enjoy being the good guys. Well, they enjoy the act, at least. They find fulfillment in their assumed personas.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Except SHockwave eventually betrays his teammates and teams up with Skynet.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Starscream becomes the young, eager Nightscream, and so on.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Megatron becomes the noble Megabolt, taking cues from Beast Wars Silverbolt.

A Thunderbolts-esque masquerade.

In order to do so, the Decepticons pretend to be the good guys and take on different personas.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:18 PM)

So Megatron decides that hey, the Autobots are stillback on Cybertron, so why not team up with the humans, defeat Skynet, then double-cross the humans?

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:17 PM)

Unfortunately, the Skynet/humans war is already going on, and Skynet is evolving rapidly.

The Decepticons discover Earth and want to plunder its resources.

It would have a really crazy twist:

I've had this crazy idea for a Transformers/Terminator crossover for years.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:20 PM)

Specifically I'd like to see Skynet's army rise up against him (he did refer to them as an "army of slaves" in Genisys), or even perhaps a peace-minded iteration of Skynet that's existed in a humanoid form long enough to gain some compassion for the human point of view

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:19 PM)

A peaceful resolution would be satisfying for me (it's the only resolution possible in The Matrix series, too), but I think the majority of Terminator fans would walk out think WTF?

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:15 PM)

I liked Clarke as Sarah as well, although I read a lot of complaints online that she looked too young, but I thought she was pretty badass.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 June 2018 - 05:11 PM)

I think across these movies, there's a very compelling story about a progressive temporal arms race driven by mutual fear in which Judgement Day keeps getting pushed back, which only gives both sides more time for technological development, and the only true resolution to it is cooperation. But cooperation will never come about because each side fears being wiped out by the other.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2018 - 05:05 PM)

Genisys basically made Sara Connors' entire motivation in stopping judgement day stem from not wanting to sleep with Jai Courtney. and really, can you blame her?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 June 2018 - 03:52 PM)

I'll give Genisys another thing, Emilia Clarke made a damn good Linda Hamilton. (As for Jai Courtney looking nothing like Michael Biehn, that just supports my theory that it's not always the same "Kyle Reese" sent back which would explain why John Connor looks different in almost every movie.)

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2018 - 02:54 PM)

I'm not, I'm lost in music.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2018 - 12:59 PM)

What, again?

@  2018 : (18 June 2018 - 06:33 AM)

It's a time warp. We're trapped in the past.

@  Pennpenn : (18 June 2018 - 05:44 AM)

A rick roll? Really?

@  Waspinator : (17 June 2018 - 11:03 PM)

On the subject of a Mega Man movie

Photo

Returning after a very long time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Flashbax

Flashbax
  • Citizen
  • 65 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

So after many years, close to 10 to be precise, I am slowly getting back into collecting Transformers. I used to run a small but fun website called TransformersontheShelf and had one of the larger collections out there with some 50,000 pieces in it (sold it all back in the day). I think I had a little over 1/2 of every Transformer made in every country. Other accolades included being a shadow editor on Mark Bellomo's Transformer guide (1st edition, not the recent edition), and was even approached for several reality/gimmick tv shows back in the day. Never made it onto them, but it was fun to do all the emails and phone calls. I was also known as the guy that helped crack the case of why the Unicron prototype's arm was not transformed correctly in many photos, helped pinpoint where the term "seeker" first started showing up (several of us old school guys worked on a lot of sources) and a bunch of other smaller, misc stuff that is all "common" knowledge now, I'm sure.

I'm thinking about starting up a small website again, as well as obviously collecting. The recent trilogy of toys brought me back in, I was always a sucker for combiners. My collection is pretty small (at least for me) at 200-250 bots atm, I'd like to up that down the road. I ran a small toy/game/hobby shop from 2010 until this December when we were forced to close it down (a fatality of the internet and a small community). I'm now semi-retired and working on writing and other hobbies until the next big venture some 3-5 years down the road.

I was one of those guys who'd have a Transformer for every transformation it could have. If I bought an old toy in box, it'd stay in box, but if it was new, I'd open it and save the box and card. Now my focus is just collecting loose figures, the boxes and the value aren't what make the collection fun for me. I've also started to have a better appreciation for the fan made stuff out there. I only have the Fansproject Sauurus Ryo-Oh team, but love it.

To end this intro, I was the kind of collector who would get ANYTHING with a TF logo on it. I had some $5,000 I was offering for any direct leads to the Neo Unicron prototype (many sources said don't bother as they were sure it was gifted to some exec somewhere); and was even looking for bagged versions of the kids clothing from the 1980s; I went as far to call various countries and hunting down workers from the factories, all in vain.

With my newly found free time, I thought it was high time I come back into the fold and talk Transformers with my fellow fans.

Edited by Flashbax, 13 January 2018 - 11:35 PM.

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46298 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Welcome back! I think you'll find that you'll fit in in the collector scene here - we have a dedicated subforum for third-party Transformer stuff and tend to stay on top of anything with a Transformers logo on it in our main Transformers discussion, there are some vintage collectors, and I don't think anyone collects anything MiSB. XD Nice to meet you! Sounds like a really impressive collection - might share some pics in our member collections subforum!

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Flashbax

Flashbax
  • Citizen
  • 65 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

Welcome back! I think you'll find that you'll fit in in the collector scene here - we have a dedicated subforum for third-party Transformer stuff and tend to stay on top of anything with a Transformers logo on it in our main Transformers discussion, there are some vintage collectors, and I don't think anyone collects anything MiSB. XD Nice to meet you! Sounds like a really impressive collection - might share some pics in our member collections subforum!

Thanks! I edited the post a bit. I used to have some 50,000 pieces, but sold it all back in the day to help buy a small trailer house and pay off some debt/start my comic shop. Now I'm down to the 200-250 pieces :)

#4 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46298 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:57 AM

Ah, right on, fair! And a comic shop and a house sounds like a potentially much more satisfying investment than a massive toy collection. X D Very cool.  And yeah, I can see why this would be an appealing time to get back into collecting, too!

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#5 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 849 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

I still remember looking at your old collection photos.

I try to draw the line at children's clothing... That is always a bit too weird. I still have to wonder what would happen if I came across a set of sealed G1 Underoos tho...
jBU1ixT.jpg
25881789827_74164ebcdc_o.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users