Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 09:48 PM)

Not I

@  Pennpenn : (17 February 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Does anyone know of a good place to get clean versions of the G1 Transformers weapon sound effects? Preferable as .wav files.

@  CORVUS : (17 February 2018 - 09:10 PM)

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/02/12/say-goodbye-to-the-view-image-button-on-google-images/

@  CORVUS : (17 February 2018 - 09:10 PM)

You can thank Getty Images for the loss of the view-image button.

@  Locoman : (17 February 2018 - 08:47 PM)

why the hell did google take away the "view image" button

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 08:21 PM)

I don't have kids... So that's not an issue for me.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 February 2018 - 06:14 PM)

I assume you have fewer kids than toys, but whatever gets the job done more efficiently, I suppose.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 06:02 PM)

Duck tape what? The toys or the kids? ;)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 February 2018 - 05:55 PM)

Duct tape.

@  MEDdMI : (17 February 2018 - 05:53 PM)

Good luck trying to keep hyper kids away from shelves full of toys.

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 05:50 PM)

Solution: Acquire some hyperactive children and only let them loose after shelfing

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 05:45 PM)

@shrug, I can't do that.. 1 concrete floor.. 2 my feet are messed up. x.x;

@  RichardT1977 : (17 February 2018 - 05:32 PM)

When the Mattel panel comes up, does anyone think it'll mention anything about a tie-in with the upcoming She-Ra series?

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 05:25 PM)

I don't get it very often, but every time I adjust a shelf/figure I do the "jump up and down like a hyperactive child" test when I'm done.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 04:50 PM)

Luckily I don't have that problem much.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2018 - 04:30 PM)

How often do you experience the domino effect on your toy shelves? One toy accidentally falls over, bumps into another one, and several fall over.

@  Kalidor : (17 February 2018 - 03:56 PM)

They'll be covering TMNT, Voltron, Ben 10 and Mysticons for sure. Not sure if anything as epic has some of the Hasbro stuff we saw will come to light

@  Kalidor : (17 February 2018 - 03:55 PM)

Yeah I know - I skipped posting it in here but at least the info is there. The Playmates panel is starting in about 30 min tho

@  Nevermore : (17 February 2018 - 03:48 PM)

By the time you answered, the panel had already concluded. :p

@  Kalidor : (17 February 2018 - 03:13 PM)

https://discord.gg/c9GPkem

@  Kalidor : (17 February 2018 - 03:13 PM)

Yes - we've got (or had) live coverage of it on twitter and it's all compiled in our discord channel as well

@  Nevermore : (17 February 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Is the HAsbro Toy Fair panel today?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 12:35 PM)

Yeah! That's it!

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 12:28 PM)

Ah, yeah that's one of the ones I keep forgetting even exists. Dunno about them (Boukenger?)

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 12:06 PM)

The Operation overdrive japanese version *sorry.. can't remember the name* seemed very fragile to me.

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 12:01 PM)

To be fair, they weren't more fragile generally until Kyoryuger.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 11:59 AM)

"Not like the Japanese version! The japanese verions is sooooo good." Despite the fact they are much more expensive and more fragile. x.x;

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 11:59 AM)

I think people are just mad that it's

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 11:50 AM)

It's an unobtrusive feature that adds play value. You can completely ignore it, mess with it once for 15 minutes, or make wacky combinations every time you buy something new.  My only issue is the implementation of it in the Legacy Tigerzord.  Makes you have to partform the Mega Tigerzord some.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 11:48 AM)

But the zord builder system is so cool. I love mixing and matching zords. It also makes it so older zords arn't "Obsolete."

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 11:47 AM)

Yup. Power Ranger fans are just as bad as... well, every other fandom for not liking fun.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 11:46 AM)

So elsewhere.. I got insulted for likeing the zord builder system. x.x;

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 11:44 AM)

The Thunder Megazord is a much more complicated design than most Sentai mecha, (transforming robot wearing transforming armor instead of 5 things fold into a Voltron) so the 200 pricetag wasn't much a shocker to me.

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 11:43 AM)

Tor was more-or-less larger, but he's also basically hollow. A much simpler design, really, but when former Bandai Rep Greg was questioned about it he said it would cost them at least as much as Titanus to sell. Which I felt like was more of answer to make people quit asking instead of the actual reason why (lack of faith in less prevalent non-season 1 stuff)

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 11:40 AM)

I have a mostly mint-in-box original Dairenoh. The reissue's preorders popped up and closed during my long joblessness, so I missed that.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 February 2018 - 11:39 AM)

I never had any of the original MMPR toys, so I'm not 100% sure how Tor compared in size to other large Zords like Titanus, but the high price tag (I think it was $200 USD for Titanus) didn't seem to stop them releasing that one. Maybe he was a more popular figure than Tor, though. I'd honestly completely forgotten about Tor until I read the Squawkbox last night.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 11:00 AM)

Well I can just say.. Getting the Original Dragonzord, Megazord, Thunderzord, White Tiger, and Broken Tor and Blade blaster has made me very happy.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 February 2018 - 08:15 AM)

Yeah, that. I think it eventually ended up with a licensor instead of Mattel themselves, somehow. No idea if trying to buy anything is still lots of suffering anymore.

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 08:10 AM)

He-Man, right? Isn't that fandom pretty masochistic by now from all the stuff Mattel pulled?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 February 2018 - 08:02 AM)

Didn't Mattel make the same kind of announcements with (one of?) their web exclusive lines?

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 07:58 AM)

Oh, and the new legacy team line with problems across the board that Bandai literally announced with "if you stop buying them, we'll stop making them."  Which is true of any toyline, but threatening your fans to buy ones they don't want in order to get ones they do is a new level of crappy public relations.

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 07:53 AM)

But then they wanted $80 for the Falconzord at announcement. Said that was a mistake, only for it to show up at store at $80, with a temporary price drop a month later to placate the fans.  

@  Shrug : (17 February 2018 - 07:52 AM)

Legacy Thunder Megazord is amazing and really, really close to being worth the full asking price. They even fixed a design flaw post-release. Not something I can recall Bandai doing ever before (or since, actually.)

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 February 2018 - 06:07 AM)

Things like that may be the reason the Bandai is losing the brand.

@  unluckiness : (17 February 2018 - 05:55 AM)

Because it would be stupidly expensive if the Thunder Megazord was anything to go by

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 February 2018 - 01:01 AM)

seems like they did everything else

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 February 2018 - 12:59 AM)

Why was there never a Legacy Tor, anyway?

@  Plokatron : (17 February 2018 - 12:45 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw Nice Tor is one boss of a Zord, I mean when you remember that Serpenterra in the original Sentai is a Cosmic being in Mech form and that Tor was able to survive it stepping on him talk about tough. I mean Mata Nui, Primus or Unicron would smash him so flat you'd thing he was tin foil but still tough is tough. I never got the thunderzords save The White Tiger and that is only thanks to a dear friend. Had Ninjor and the Ninja Zords but the first two I missed. I plan to buy a Masterpiece Dragonzord Green was awesome! Funny thing Grimlock and Slag in my Comic (Thread coming soon on it's development) Transformers: Roll Out his altmode is the original red trex and Slag is the Triceratops I'm trying to get creative with the Sabertooth Tiger and Mastodon replacements but Pterodactyls pterodons are as close as we get to flying Dinos so Swoop is going to be the only exception to them being Dinobots (Ain't he always?) Oh nut got that feeling again @wonko the sane? Wonko are my shouts getting too long? Don't want to make a nuisance of myself.

@  Shrug : (16 February 2018 - 08:49 PM)

No one seems to appreciate that Tor is a giant robot turtle. I don't care what the Ultrazord combination is. Giant. Robot. Turtle. Basic robot mode is just a bonus.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2018 - 05:45 PM)

I use Tor for a monitor stand.

Photo

Returning after a very long time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Flashbax

Flashbax
  • Citizen
  • 63 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

So after many years, close to 10 to be precise, I am slowly getting back into collecting Transformers. I used to run a small but fun website called TransformersontheShelf and had one of the larger collections out there with some 50,000 pieces in it (sold it all back in the day). I think I had a little over 1/2 of every Transformer made in every country. Other accolades included being a shadow editor on Mark Bellomo's Transformer guide (1st edition, not the recent edition), and was even approached for several reality/gimmick tv shows back in the day. Never made it onto them, but it was fun to do all the emails and phone calls. I was also known as the guy that helped crack the case of why the Unicron prototype's arm was not transformed correctly in many photos, helped pinpoint where the term "seeker" first started showing up (several of us old school guys worked on a lot of sources) and a bunch of other smaller, misc stuff that is all "common" knowledge now, I'm sure.

I'm thinking about starting up a small website again, as well as obviously collecting. The recent trilogy of toys brought me back in, I was always a sucker for combiners. My collection is pretty small (at least for me) at 200-250 bots atm, I'd like to up that down the road. I ran a small toy/game/hobby shop from 2010 until this December when we were forced to close it down (a fatality of the internet and a small community). I'm now semi-retired and working on writing and other hobbies until the next big venture some 3-5 years down the road.

I was one of those guys who'd have a Transformer for every transformation it could have. If I bought an old toy in box, it'd stay in box, but if it was new, I'd open it and save the box and card. Now my focus is just collecting loose figures, the boxes and the value aren't what make the collection fun for me. I've also started to have a better appreciation for the fan made stuff out there. I only have the Fansproject Sauurus Ryo-Oh team, but love it.

To end this intro, I was the kind of collector who would get ANYTHING with a TF logo on it. I had some $5,000 I was offering for any direct leads to the Neo Unicron prototype (many sources said don't bother as they were sure it was gifted to some exec somewhere); and was even looking for bagged versions of the kids clothing from the 1980s; I went as far to call various countries and hunting down workers from the factories, all in vain.

With my newly found free time, I thought it was high time I come back into the fold and talk Transformers with my fellow fans.

Edited by Flashbax, 13 January 2018 - 11:35 PM.

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

"Reformed"

• Staff
  • 43863 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Welcome back! I think you'll find that you'll fit in in the collector scene here - we have a dedicated subforum for third-party Transformer stuff and tend to stay on top of anything with a Transformers logo on it in our main Transformers discussion, there are some vintage collectors, and I don't think anyone collects anything MiSB. XD Nice to meet you! Sounds like a really impressive collection - might share some pics in our member collections subforum!

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Flashbax

Flashbax
  • Citizen
  • 63 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

Welcome back! I think you'll find that you'll fit in in the collector scene here - we have a dedicated subforum for third-party Transformer stuff and tend to stay on top of anything with a Transformers logo on it in our main Transformers discussion, there are some vintage collectors, and I don't think anyone collects anything MiSB. XD Nice to meet you! Sounds like a really impressive collection - might share some pics in our member collections subforum!

Thanks! I edited the post a bit. I used to have some 50,000 pieces, but sold it all back in the day to help buy a small trailer house and pay off some debt/start my comic shop. Now I'm down to the 200-250 pieces :)

#4 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

"Reformed"

• Staff
  • 43863 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:57 AM

Ah, right on, fair! And a comic shop and a house sounds like a potentially much more satisfying investment than a massive toy collection. X D Very cool.  And yeah, I can see why this would be an appealing time to get back into collecting, too!

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#5 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 797 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

I still remember looking at your old collection photos.

I try to draw the line at children's clothing... That is always a bit too weird. I still have to wonder what would happen if I came across a set of sealed G1 Underoos tho...
jBU1ixT.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users