Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek General Discussion

3637 replies to this topic

#2621 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:35 PM

Her best ep

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#2622 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1352 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

Kinda an interesting coincidence seeing that a few others have started watching DS9 again, as well.  Started myself a few weeks ago (took a week off for Otakon), but am on the first Mirror world episode, myself, Crossover.

I still enjoy whenever Elim Garak is on.  He is one of my favorite semi-recurring characters in Star Trek.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#2623 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8670 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:14 PM

next time i get in a trek mood, im gonna try to watch them in order; enterprise, original, movies, tng, movies, ds9 and voyager. i also thought id try to watch them by stardate (to a point anyway). like, alternate between tng and ds9 when appropriate, ditto for ds9, voyager and the tng movies. i have to get up to switch discs anyway, so why not? plus itd be a different way of watching them

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#2624 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:57 PM

ufh where the shows Stardates accurate though?

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#2625 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:10 AM

Watching by stardate would turn into a nightmare for any story involving time travel.  (Didn't this conversation come up once before?  Or am I thinking of the Doctor Who thread?)

Although now I'm curious, what's the very first episode in chronological order?  Is it TNG's "Time's Arrow"?  (I'm pretty sure the earliest moment would be Q and Picard witnessing the birth of life on Earth in "All Good Things...", but that's such a brief scene in a 2-part episode.)

#2626 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8670 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:39 AM

It WAS the who thread, but im not talking chronological order like i was there. I simply mean, say that the last tng ep before ds9 starts is 46723 (yes thats a random stardate). And say emissary is stardate 46727. Id watch up to said episode of tng (or the end of the disc), then pop in ds9. Id watch that disc, then go back to whatever disc is next of tng. After that, switch to ds9, and continue switching back and forth between shows, then do the same when i get to the movies and voyager.

Tl;dr-id essentially be watching them in the order they aired

I hope that makes more sense...

Edited by Telly, 24 August 2018 - 12:41 AM.

• 000 likes this

#2627 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:36 AM

I know some super ST fan has already got a By Stardate order list already made up going all the way back to TOS

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#2628 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:35 AM

I know some super ST fan has already got a By Stardate order list already made up going all the way back to TOS

Hell, the first edition of the Star Trek Chronology book had the original series episodes listed in stardate order. Same with the later edition.

Basically, watch them in production order, and you're fine.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#2629 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1352 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, it is interesting reading the trivia and stuff on the DS9 episodes after I watch them, also interesting that they did not air in stardate order (for the episodes that had a stardate.)

The idea of chronological order reminds me of last year when a friend and I watched through A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun in chronological order.  It was a lot of disk changing, sometimes seeing the same episode with a change in perspective (and style, as it was a different director and animated at a different time).  It was a long but fun ride, though.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#2630 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25528 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:48 PM

Set up multiple screens
Try to watch all of Steins Gate chronologically synchronized
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#2631 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:15 AM

Welp Leeta and Kasaty are here all the players are almost here the stage is set

Though Leeta introduction is kinda wonky she is introduced flirts with Bashear then is set aside for some Dr we never see again for the rest of the ep

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#2632 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27282 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

Although now I'm curious, what's the very first episode in chronological order?  Is it TNG's "Time's Arrow"?  (I'm pretty sure the earliest moment would be Q and Picard witnessing the birth of life on Earth in "All Good Things...", but that's such a brief scene in a 2-part episode.)

I believe the winner is Spock and Bones five thousand years in the past in "All Our Yesterdays" (discounting the "All Good Things..." scene).

I think the very last episode chronologically is "Living Witness."

#2633 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

But isent Living Witness discounted because that timelines wiped out?

Way of the Warrior is still a very good 2 parter And now the die is cast plays have been made and lines crossed

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#2634 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8670 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

it wasnt an alternate timeline, but rather they misremembered/"revised" how events happened

Edited by Telly, 29 August 2018 - 01:53 PM.

#2635 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

In real life, the VOY staff obviously forgot to account for every ancillary story and probably future sequels wanting to revisit the Delta Quadrant in less than 700 in-universe years, har har har! Even Q claimed in another episode that the Federation would have a presence in the Delta Quadrant in the 25th century.

Then again, Star Trek has always been miserably bad at having aliens magically know Earth units of measurement.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 29 August 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#2636 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3233 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

Maybe what tec means is that in the LW timeline, it took Voyager years to get home. That timeline was erased by Future Janeway in the series finale
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#2637 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11707 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

True, but that timeline split would've been after the Doctor's backup program had been left behind.

And yeah, the real mystery is why the Federation (seemingly) had no presence in the Delta Quadrant in 3074. There really needs to be a followup story of some sort. . .

#2638 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12922 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

Some things are truly not worth the time some people give them....

#2639 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:51 PM

True, but that timeline split would've been after the Doctor's backup program had been left behind.

And yeah, the real mystery is why the Federation (seemingly) had no presence in the Delta Quadrant in 3074. There really needs to be a followup story of some sort. . .

Let's consider this for a second. Space is big. Huge. Vast. It's the ginormous empty void that within which all the planets and suns and other stuff are floating aimlessly about.

And let's also consider that a presence in the Delta Quadrant doesn't necessarily mean a large presence there. The Federation has a presence in the Beta Quadrant, but most Federation territory is in the Alpha Quadrant. For all we know, by the time of "Living Witness", all the Federation had out there was a few token outposts on the fringes.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#2640 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10822 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, there's no reason to assume that whatever presence the Federation has in the Delta Quadrant encroaches on Kyrian/Vaskan space.

We can probably assume it didn't take the Doctor all that long to run into some representatives of Starfleet after finally leaving that world, though. Slipstream or something even faster would've been fairly commonplace in the Alpha/Beta Quadrants by that period, and the Federation's most advanced vessels (like the TImeships) appear to be capable of nearly instantaneous travel throughout this galaxy, at least.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users