Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done Pokéball red and white, but I don't know about specific Pokédex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo
- - - - -

The 2018 community exercise thread!

546 replies to this topic

#1 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 39916 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

Hello all, and welcome to the 2018 edition of the allspark exercise thread. Where the community meets to share it's goals, intents and methods for living a healthier, longer life.

Now, for those whom have been paying attention: we did not meet out community goal last year. We came close, but didn't hit it. However, we DID add aspects to the rote so I kinda feel it balances out. With that in mind, a normal exercise routine would build upon what we've accomplished and add more. But we have to hit the goal before we can exceed it. So this is year is once again 5000 all round. I know we can do better this year, and I hope more allsparkers will choose to join us.

Miles -

Upper Body -

Core Body -

Let it begin!

#2 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 7545 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

I might as well put down my goal at the first page. BMI whatever aside, I looked lean at 135lbs and I'm 5'6 (yeah, it's not in kg and cm).

I should check a scale tomorrow but my last weigh in was 167lbs and that was before two buffets. I'm probably 169lbs.

Let's just say I need to lose 35lbs. 1lbs a week would be ideal.

Focusing on diet then exercise. Here we go.

FWXOT0z.gifphoto_zpsa2a20628.gif
                                                               TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers)
                                         - Episode 030 Devastator knock offs hang out

Episodes here

#3 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 39916 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

Fero: YOU CAN DO IT! The real trick is portion control, being aware of what you are eating and how much of it.

#4 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2829 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Is the 5000 reps for the upper body / core?

Where do leg day reps fit in? Core?

Edit: also the company I work for is doing a fit for 2018 series I produced. It has a Christian slant since I work for a ministry but if anyone would like a link to it just let me know. Were releasing one segment each Monday this month.

Edit 2: okay sorry I realized that I dont understand how core works to hit the 5000. I held a plank the other day for 2 minutes straight. Does that count towards the number?

Also feeling guilty since Ive been doing a daily workout routine since mid September and didnt take part in this.

Edited by Kup, 01 January 2018 - 10:33 AM.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#5 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 39916 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

You should feel guilty. We could have used your help to get to 5000 miles last year. MORE TO THE POINT: if you aren't here we can't cheer you on and support you.

Core and upper body are generally counted by reps regardless of the exercise. So while 2 minutes planking is impressive (and dude, it is.) it's still just one rep. Yes, 5000 for everything right now, and depending on if/when we hit goals, we move the goalposts. By all means: share exercise videos! One of the worst things amateurs and enthusiasts can do is hurt themselves trying because there is no one and nothing there to correct bad form and posture.

Speaking of: Hey DARTH! Think you can post those exercise pages again like you did last year? You know, the batman, the lannister, those if you still got them?

#6 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2829 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

Leg day = Core?

Also its not likely my miles would have made much of a difference. I didn't run as much last year, spending Jan to June and Sept to Dec on lots of strength training.

Today:

Miles: 0

Upper Body: 225

Core: 0

Just so I make sure I'm doing this right: 225 is 25 reps x 9 sets of chest press.

The first fit segment goes live in about 20 minutes (12:01pm EST if I remember right), but once live it'll be visible here: https://wtlw.com/fit...ysical-fitness/

Edited by Kup, 01 January 2018 - 11:40 AM.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#7 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7311 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

My goal is just to stay more active. Personal goals, 1000 miles biking (887 for 2017) and 125 miles running (107 2017).

#8 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 39916 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

Leg day = Core?

Also its not likely my miles would have made much of a difference. I didn't run as much last year, spending Jan to June and Sept to Dec on lots of strength training.

Today:

Miles: 0

Just so I make sure I'm doing this right: 225 is 25 reps x 9 sets of chest press.

The first fit segment goes live in about 20 minutes (12:01pm EST if I remember right), but once live it'll be visible here: https://wtlw.com/fit...ysical-fitness/

You are not only doing it absolutely right, that's hugging inspiring right there.

#9 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7311 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

So this is my 2016 vs 2017 miles, steps, etc. I lost my Garmin watch for a bit and I dont always use Garmin when on my cycle ops using Zwift or treadmills. Strava said the 800 some miles for cycling.

Attached Thumbnails

• FB35CDDC-D486-42E1-B268-16B80ABAB2C7.png
  • 8A74763A-C5B1-461F-AD94-50ABC8AE532E.jpeg

#10 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2829 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

You are not only doing it absolutely right, that's hugging inspiring right there.

Well to be clear, what I've been doing all year has been high rep, low weight. Initially, I felt like I was cheating, but I can say this: I'm far, far trimmer and look better with my shirt off than I ever have before. If I wasn't so self conscious about my physique still and publishing a shirtless photo on a public forum, I'd show how I looked on 1/2014 compared to today. So if anyone is struggling, I'd recommend you give serious consideration to high rep, low weight routines. I do everything at home.

I've used 2-20 pound dumbbells for most chest press/bicep, shoulder press sets. Usually, I try to get in 25-30 reps per set, every so often (if its a chest press only day) I'll do one set of 50 to start and work my way down (maybe my next set is 40, then 35, etc). 

For other exercises, like shoulder cuff stuff, butterfly, back, I've used 2-5 pound dumbbells. The exception is some specific moves I do with a 15 pound kettlebell.

Recently, I added 2-25 pound and 2-10 dumbbells to my lineup, basically bumping up everything to the next level. Started doing 1-25 dumbbell for triceps (I think the specific move is called skullsmahers?)

Between each set, I walk for 200 steps (95% of the time, sometimes, if its a full upper body day and I'm needing to get the last few exercises in quickly I'll do only 50 steps). 

A really beneficial thing I've found is to calculate the total weight I've lifted that day. While I don't always do it, on days where I'm aiming to push myself a bit more I will. I just take the total number of reps x whatever the weights I used were. My record was 13,000 pound day on Dec 13. I can really only set records on chest press days, so doing the math that was probably 325 reps x 40 pounds (2-20 pound dumb bells). 

#11 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7311 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Miles: 0 + 3.08 = 3.08

Went for run. 39 but feels like 50. My knees and hands agree with the 39 degree part. Lol. Took a walk for a cool down when done. I find as the older I get the more and more helpful the cooldown walks get. I wanted to go mountain bike today but obviously that didnt happen. I had this crazy idea though: Run a mile everyday.

Attached Thumbnails

• 82647ED6-D605-43F2-A2D0-81BD8CADAC73.jpeg

#12 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3472 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

Alright, its go time again! Gonna be in a wedding party July 20th.

With people from my old high school. Some I havent seen in 17 years and who I will *never see again!*

I must use this vain and trivial event. Harness the power of superficiality... and actually use my treadmill!

Wish me luck!

#13 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7311 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Well to be clear, what I've been doing all year has been high rep, low weight. Initially, I felt like I was cheating, but I can say this: I'm far, far trimmer and look better with my shirt off than I ever have before. If I wasn't so self conscious about my physique still and publishing a shirtless photo on a public forum, I'd show how I looked on 1/2014 compared to today. So if anyone is struggling, I'd recommend you give serious consideration to high rep, low weight routines. I do everything at home.

This is what i attempt to do on strength days. If I don’t do this, 3 sets of 10. If you look up “Body For Life” it’s a great system. They set up theirs as sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 then next exercise.

Alright, its go time again! Gonna be in a wedding party July 20th.
With people from my old high school. Some I havent seen in 17 years and who I will *never see again!*
I must use this vain and trivial event. Harness the power of superficiality... and actually use my treadmill!
Wish me luck!

Hahaha....and hope the skinny cheerleader is now fat divorced and smokes?

#14 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3472 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Nahhhhh

#15 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7311 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

This is more for myself to look back on. Current weight: 243lbs.

#16 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3472 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Oh dont get me wrong, its the same for me. But thats not exactly been a great motivator for me the past year.

The toddler doesnt help, though!

#17 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7311 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

Oh dont get me wrong, its the same for me. But thats not exactly been a great motivator for me the past year.

The toddler doesnt help, though!

I have a 4 month old...Its hard to get away sometimes.  

#18 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2829 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

Miss: 3.08
Upper: 225
Core: 100 squats + 50 calf raises + 1 minute wall sit = 151

#19 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 39916 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

Miles: 3.08 + 3.6 = 6.68
Core: 151

Took a long walk for supplies in very cold weather.

#20 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7311 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Miles: 6.68 + 1 = 7.78
Core: 151 + 45 = 196

Did a 1 mile warm up on the treadmill then:
Sets of 15, 12, 10, 8
Chest fly
Chest press
Back row
Last pulldown
Tricep press
Bicep curl

I wasn’t really sure last year and I’m not sure this year what all those count for. Lol.

Also, here is my new goal for 2018: 2018km between running, biking, hiking. Comes out to 1253.927 miles.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users