Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (26 June 2019 - 03:27 PM)

new episodes are up?

@  Boomhauer : (26 June 2019 - 01:30 PM)

The voice acting bothers me less than the weird-as-hell timing on the action. Entire show feels like its paced like a internet cartoon.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Legends manga - THE THREAD! - Monsterbots pack-in chapters, pg.33

797 replies to this topic

#1 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 8973 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

I've made an Imgur album of every Legends comic in proper reading order. Enjoy.

I do need better scans of some of the pack-ins, though. (19, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 41.)

Edited by Creedence, 19 December 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

I've made an Imgur album of every Legends comic in proper reading order. Enjoy.

I do need better scans of some of the pack-ins, though. (19, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 41.)

If my scanner is working, I can oblige.

ACItEK8.png

#3 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 8973 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

I'd appreciate it! Seibertron skipped Springer and doesn't go past Galvatron, so I couldn't really find good scans of the ones between that and when you started providing scans.

#4 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 8973 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

All of the translated Legends I know of.

#5 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

New supplemental comic for LG-51: http://tf.takaratomy..._lg/tf_lg_comic

ACItEK8.png

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27917 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

New supplemental comic for LG-51: http://tf.takaratomy..._lg/tf_lg_comic

LG51 Doublecross Prologue

The first page tells the history of the Beastformers, from their origins with the Three Wise Ones, to their living peacefully before Galvatron invaded the planet, to said invasion by Galvatron, to the repelling of Galvatron's invasion with the help of the Autobots, to the Firebots (Monsterbots) staying on the planet to help protect the Beastformers (until they later had to leave since they appear elsewhere in The Headmasters cartoon). Then, the Laser Beasts emerged from their underground civilization, aiming to take the surface world for themselves (after a massive natural disaster destroyed their subterranean home). A new war, between the Beastformers and the Laser Beasts, had begun.

Page 2: The Firebots (Monsterbots) return to Beast to help the Beastformers once again, along with Lione, Shuffler, and Toraizer. With these new threats, the Laser Beasts take more drastic measures and, I'm not sure, but I think they use that gem that Tigerburn has to either turn themselves into Headmasters using Lione, Shuffler, and Toraizer as templates to scan, or that they might even be merging themselves completely with those three (we'll need to wait for a translation/summary to clear this up). Either way, Tigerburn and at least two others become Headmasters, which gains them enough of an advantage in the war for Tigerburn to decapitate Doublecross's robot mode head, which leads into Tigerburn's controlling Doublecross's body later in the Doublecross pack-in comic. And, apparently, Repug (Repugnus) got beheaded too, explaining his being a Headmaster in the other Legends comics. With this new development on the Laser Beasts' side, the Beastformers regroup and White Leo and his sister White Lune consult Platinum Tiger, who informs them about the Legends World, with a To Be Continued message leading into the previously-released Doublecross pack-in comic.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9426 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

So Tigerburn steals Lione's form to become TR Sawback. Looks another Laser Beast stole Shuffler's form to become TR Shuffler. That leaves Toraizer. Could that dark blue one be the unused Toraizer tooling of the Sawback mold?
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#8 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9426 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

Summary by Apoc for Doublecross Prologue:

Long ago, the Three Wise Ones arrive on the planet Beast and use their power, crystallized in several gemstones, to build an underground city and create various inventions. To protect the planet they create the Laser Beasts, a technological civilization that lives underground, but the Laser Beasts' hearts are as cold and merciless as machines. Seeking to create a warmhearted, peaceful society, a group of Laser Beasts venture to the surface where their descendants evolve into the Beastformers, a new race that later gets embroiled in the Transformers' war. Many Beastformers are mind-controlled into becoming Decepticon Beasts, and the Autobot Beasts battle them in a war of their own until their leader, White Leo, bests Cobrander and undoes the mind control.
The peace on Beast is fleeting, however, as a natural disaster heralds the emergence of the Laser Beasts from the underground, come to conquer the surface world, and another war breaks out. The power of their machines overwhelms the Beastformers, who lose most of their countries to the invaders, but during their final stand, reinforcements arrive in the form of the Autobot Monsterbots and Headmaster Teens. After the Laser Beasts retreat in the face of Transformers, their Emperor, Tigerburn, desires the robots' power and devises a plan to take it for himself using one of the Three Wise Ones' gems. By exposing the Headmaster Teens to the gem's power, he merges his body with that of Lione while two of his soldiers do the same with Shuffler and Toraizer, turning the three Laser Beasts into fully robotic Headmasters. With their newfound strength, they capture the Beastformers' Head Hunter vehicles and use them to decapitate the Monsterbots in search of bodies to control, though not before Doublecross snatches the gems for the Beastformers' side. White Leo is then contacted by Platinum Tiger, who tells him that hope for victory lies in an alternate dimension filled with Beast Power: the Legends World.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#9 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 8973 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

So Tigerburn steals Lione's form to become TR Sawback. Looks another Laser Beast stole Shuffler's form to become TR Shuffler. That leaves Toraizer. Could that dark blue one be the unused Toraizer tooling of the Sawback mold?

Looking at the colors, it's Legends Lione, not Sawback as in the pack-in. Shuffler also has a different deco to the TR release.

Edited by Creedence, 26 December 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#10 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9426 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Looking at the colors, it's Legends Lione, not Sawback as in the pack-in. Shuffler also has a different deco to the TR release.
Huh. Weird.

The cynical part of me says that if Takara has announced Power of the Primes, then that's the nail in the coffin for Legends, but I wonder if there is hope yet for another LG-EX release of Headmasters.
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#11 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

It’s possible that Legends could live on in releases that wouldn’t fit PotP or Unite Warriors.

ACItEK8.png

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Huh. Weird.

The cynical part of me says that if Takara has announced Power of the Primes, then that's the nail in the coffin for Legends, but I wonder if there is hope yet for another LG-EX release of Headmasters.

Yup, the red biceps and yellow feet give it away.

ACItEK8.png

#13 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

Shuffler here has purple feet, a gray torso, and black chest details the Hasbro one doesn’t have.

But it could be like Rosanna that was just a digital recolor too.

ACItEK8.png

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

I'd appreciate it! Seibertron skipped Springer and doesn't go past Galvatron, so I couldn't really find good scans of the ones between that and when you started providing scans.

Here are some of the first ones you asked for:

LG19 Comic.jpg LG19 Bio.jpg LG24 Comic.jpg LG24 Bio.jpg LG25 Comic.jpg LG25_Bio.jpg

Full size images here:  https://imgur.com/a/9TEdi

ACItEK8.png

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

Springer is so hunky.

ACItEK8.png

#16 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Some photos from LG Octane's comic. image.jpg image (1).jpg

ACItEK8.png

#17 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42195 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

Is that actual Robo-butthole?

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64873 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

Is that actual Robo-butthole?

Looks like it. With her peg hole being colored that way.

More scans from TFW:
image (2).jpg image (3).jpg

ACItEK8.png

#19 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22778 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Okay for hugs sake sakamoto

would you actually stop