Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2018 - 03:10 AM)

I just realised that Unsolved Mysteries has the same initials as Ultra Magnus.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (22 June 2018 - 05:18 AM)

Yeah, really... what a shitshow.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2018 - 04:53 AM)

This week has been an almost unmitigated damn nightmare. It can go die in some metaphorical trash fire where it belongs.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 04:48 AM)

I feel your pain.

@  Whirl Maximus : (22 June 2018 - 04:47 AM)

This time ten years ago I was looking forward to Transformers 2.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

There's room enough for five more cabinets.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Once I've settled in and earned money again, I can start with the third wall.

@  Plokatron : (21 June 2018 - 10:05 PM)

I'm still working on my comic just been trying to start up a Custom Lego shop. Won't be too long but I'm still here.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

(really though, great display)

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

you're gonna have a buildup of dinosaur electrons.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

he needs his dino-breathing room! :D

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

Trypticon looks a bit cramped in there, nevermore!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 05:54 PM)

Sad thing is we've thought more about the foam than the show writers ever did. :D

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

https://imgur.com/ky0qGVD

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

Current status of my collection room in my new, still-under-construction apartment:

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Depends on whether or not the motive engines for the vehicle mode are the same as the robot mode. Cause we know they use energon for everything.

@  Bass X0 : (21 June 2018 - 05:17 PM)

I was thinking today if Transformers would carry the fuel for their alternate mode in their robot mode? They'd have to, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 June 2018 - 01:28 PM)

I mean, the clear meta reason is so non-Transformers don't die horribly on their ships, but that's not as fun to speculate about.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 10:43 AM)

There's also lots of chemical reactions which only precipite with oxygen.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 09:27 AM)

Oxygen is obviously a native gas on cybertron and also let’s the equipment “breath” so to speak.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:47 AM)

@Wonko; Yeah, but why oxygen? There are a lot of non-flammable gasses they could've used. And we've seen TFs using radio to communicate in vacuum.

@  Robowang : (21 June 2018 - 08:29 AM)

As the Cream of Wheat glugged forth from his meatus, his mind focused on only one thing: Mommy loved him so.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 08:17 AM)

there's lots you can't do in vaccuum. The least of which is audio communication.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Though that begs the question of why a robotic species would keep their ships pressurized with oxygen in the first place.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 07:29 AM)

Guess it's just me playing FTL recently. Opening a few doors out to the void is a good way to deal with fires and rude visitors.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 07:14 AM)

Plus it depends on what part of the ship, can’t easily vent an interior area.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 06:34 AM)

depends on what's wrong. If you need to get something out and away, would also need to have started in a pressurised space to begin with. If you just want to vent extra heat: it wouldn't work as well as vaccuum is an insulator.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 03:12 AM)

If they're in space wouldn't it make more sense just to vent the area affected to vacuum?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 07:16 PM)

I mean the foam was dangerous, but in space they probably put out the fires, then wore the equivalent of a hazmat suit to clean up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Only on special occassions.

@  Paladin : (20 June 2018 - 03:50 PM)

you don't?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I mean, we don't usually use asbestos on our souls.....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM)

*looks at asbestos" Yep... Cause we've never used something harmful as a fire retardant. x.x;

@  unluckiness : (20 June 2018 - 06:32 AM)

fire retardant foam is so powerful it can extinguish even sparks

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I mean, this is a species that can be disabled (possibly fatally after a while?) by flame retardant foam, so yeah.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM)

Transformers are exactly as resilient as the plot needs them to be, so who knows, it could be lethal today.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Which is why Marvel Megatron was interested in Dr. Biggles-Jones' railgun design and had it grafted onto his G2 tank mode.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 08:43 PM)

Doesn't really matter what transformers are made of. If you send a 10 pound ball of metal flying at a good enough velocity, you will do damage.

@  Soft Snow : (19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM)

A regular cannon that shoots cannon balls and does nothing to other transformers because they are robots but would put a mean whole in the side of your wooden boat...

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:44 PM)

wtf did the shoutbox do to my emoji

also @ patchy its whatever your heart desires 😘

shes not a drill but she is a grill

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 June 2018 - 05:40 PM)

POTP CINDERSAUR IS A GIRL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 June 2018 - 05:18 PM)

A fusion cannon, or just a regular cannon?

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:04 PM)

megatron but he turns into a ford fusion with a cannon badly welded onto the roof

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM)

My Little Fusion Cannon: Friendship Through Tyranny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM)

was that supposed to sound sexual

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure that megatrons cannon is his best friend, so that friendship is magic stuff won't work.

@  MEDdMI : (19 June 2018 - 01:16 PM)

And then the magic ponies force everyone to be friends FOREVERRRRRRR

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Legends manga - THE THREAD! - Greatshot and Grand Maximus chapters, page 23

520 replies to this topic

#1 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8620 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

I've made an Imgur album of every Legends comic in proper reading order. Enjoy.

I do need better scans of some of the pack-ins, though. (19, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 41.)

Edited by Creedence, 19 December 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

I've made an Imgur album of every Legends comic in proper reading order. Enjoy.

I do need better scans of some of the pack-ins, though. (19, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 41.)

If my scanner is working, I can oblige.

#3 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8620 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

I'd appreciate it! Seibertron skipped Springer and doesn't go past Galvatron, so I couldn't really find good scans of the ones between that and when you started providing scans.

#4 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8620 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

All of the translated Legends I know of.

#5 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

New supplemental comic for LG-51: http://tf.takaratomy..._lg/tf_lg_comic

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25032 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

New supplemental comic for LG-51: http://tf.takaratomy..._lg/tf_lg_comic

LG51 Doublecross Prologue

The first page tells the history of the Beastformers, from their origins with the Three Wise Ones, to their living peacefully before Galvatron invaded the planet, to said invasion by Galvatron, to the repelling of Galvatron's invasion with the help of the Autobots, to the Firebots (Monsterbots) staying on the planet to help protect the Beastformers (until they later had to leave since they appear elsewhere in The Headmasters cartoon). Then, the Laser Beasts emerged from their underground civilization, aiming to take the surface world for themselves (after a massive natural disaster destroyed their subterranean home). A new war, between the Beastformers and the Laser Beasts, had begun.

Page 2: The Firebots (Monsterbots) return to Beast to help the Beastformers once again, along with Lione, Shuffler, and Toraizer. With these new threats, the Laser Beasts take more drastic measures and, I'm not sure, but I think they use that gem that Tigerburn has to either turn themselves into Headmasters using Lione, Shuffler, and Toraizer as templates to scan, or that they might even be merging themselves completely with those three (we'll need to wait for a translation/summary to clear this up). Either way, Tigerburn and at least two others become Headmasters, which gains them enough of an advantage in the war for Tigerburn to decapitate Doublecross's robot mode head, which leads into Tigerburn's controlling Doublecross's body later in the Doublecross pack-in comic. And, apparently, Repug (Repugnus) got beheaded too, explaining his being a Headmaster in the other Legends comics. With this new development on the Laser Beasts' side, the Beastformers regroup and White Leo and his sister White Lune consult Platinum Tiger, who informs them about the Legends World, with a To Be Continued message leading into the previously-released Doublecross pack-in comic.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 6824 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

So Tigerburn steals Lione's form to become TR Sawback. Looks another Laser Beast stole Shuffler's form to become TR Shuffler. That leaves Toraizer. Could that dark blue one be the unused Toraizer tooling of the Sawback mold?
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#8 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 6824 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

Summary by Apoc for Doublecross Prologue:

Long ago, the Three Wise Ones arrive on the planet Beast and use their power, crystallized in several gemstones, to build an underground city and create various inventions. To protect the planet they create the Laser Beasts, a technological civilization that lives underground, but the Laser Beasts' hearts are as cold and merciless as machines. Seeking to create a warmhearted, peaceful society, a group of Laser Beasts venture to the surface where their descendants evolve into the Beastformers, a new race that later gets embroiled in the Transformers' war. Many Beastformers are mind-controlled into becoming Decepticon Beasts, and the Autobot Beasts battle them in a war of their own until their leader, White Leo, bests Cobrander and undoes the mind control.
The peace on Beast is fleeting, however, as a natural disaster heralds the emergence of the Laser Beasts from the underground, come to conquer the surface world, and another war breaks out. The power of their machines overwhelms the Beastformers, who lose most of their countries to the invaders, but during their final stand, reinforcements arrive in the form of the Autobot Monsterbots and Headmaster Teens. After the Laser Beasts retreat in the face of Transformers, their Emperor, Tigerburn, desires the robots' power and devises a plan to take it for himself using one of the Three Wise Ones' gems. By exposing the Headmaster Teens to the gem's power, he merges his body with that of Lione while two of his soldiers do the same with Shuffler and Toraizer, turning the three Laser Beasts into fully robotic Headmasters. With their newfound strength, they capture the Beastformers' Head Hunter vehicles and use them to decapitate the Monsterbots in search of bodies to control, though not before Doublecross snatches the gems for the Beastformers' side. White Leo is then contacted by Platinum Tiger, who tells him that hope for victory lies in an alternate dimension filled with Beast Power: the Legends World.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#9 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8620 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

So Tigerburn steals Lione's form to become TR Sawback. Looks another Laser Beast stole Shuffler's form to become TR Shuffler. That leaves Toraizer. Could that dark blue one be the unused Toraizer tooling of the Sawback mold?

Looking at the colors, it's Legends Lione, not Sawback as in the pack-in. Shuffler also has a different deco to the TR release.

Edited by Creedence, 26 December 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#10 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 6824 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Looking at the colors, it's Legends Lione, not Sawback as in the pack-in. Shuffler also has a different deco to the TR release.
Huh. Weird.

The cynical part of me says that if Takara has announced Power of the Primes, then that's the nail in the coffin for Legends, but I wonder if there is hope yet for another LG-EX release of Headmasters.
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#11 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

It’s possible that Legends could live on in releases that wouldn’t fit PotP or Unite Warriors.

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Huh. Weird.

The cynical part of me says that if Takara has announced Power of the Primes, then that's the nail in the coffin for Legends, but I wonder if there is hope yet for another LG-EX release of Headmasters.

Yup, the red biceps and yellow feet give it away.

#13 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

Shuffler here has purple feet, a gray torso, and black chest details the Hasbro one doesn’t have.

But it could be like Rosanna that was just a digital recolor too.

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

I'd appreciate it! Seibertron skipped Springer and doesn't go past Galvatron, so I couldn't really find good scans of the ones between that and when you started providing scans.

Here are some of the first ones you asked for:

LG19 Comic.jpg LG19 Bio.jpg LG24 Comic.jpg LG24 Bio.jpg LG25 Comic.jpg LG25_Bio.jpg

Full size images here:  https://imgur.com/a/9TEdi

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

Springer is so hunky.

#16 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Some photos from LG Octane's comic. image.jpg image (1).jpg

#17 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40860 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

Is that actual Robo-butthole?

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62195 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

Is that actual Robo-butthole?

Looks like it. With her peg hole being colored that way.

More scans from TFW:
image (2).jpg image (3).jpg

#19 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21759 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Okay for hugs sake sakamoto

would you actually stop

staring dog stares