Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 September 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Funny thing is, I think the pocket edition graphics give the game more personality.

@  MEDdMI : (06 September 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Final Finception

@  Waspinator : (06 September 2018 - 10:29 PM)

They've made a PS4 version of Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. For those keeping score, it's the PS4 version of a smartphone version of a PS4 game.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Ah HA! turns out the trick to installing the rift software was to run it as an admin. Stupid windows 10.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Awright! I got the display port working! Which means I can now connect my occulus rift!

@  MEDdMI : (04 September 2018 - 10:38 PM)

*just stares*

@  Noideaforaname : (04 September 2018 - 09:36 PM)

Hello there

Photo
- - - - -

The Toys That Made Us: New Netflix Docu-series featuring Star Wars, GI Joe, He-Man, and Barbie

226 replies to this topic

#21 tec

tec

Its a Gunda..oh its a Samus

• Supporter
  • 28486 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

Character designer of G.I Joe

I like Scarlet the best because she sexy :D

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#22 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Feeling nutty, but also grainy

• Administrator
  • 47105 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

Season 2 will feature: Transformers, LEGO, Star Trek, and Hello Kitty.

Netflix had this thing where exclusive series dropped a season at at time instead of episode by episode, but that was apparently too much, so they shifted to doing them by half-seasons. Voltron did the same thing. So they're not calling the 2018 episodes a second "season", all eight are technically "Season 1" and there may or may not be a "Season 2" in the future. I guess the season is a good production block but not an ideal release / viewing block. 

Bit 80's-centric but so far not bad. 

if additional seasons come, I'd like to see them explore later lines like Power Rangers.

How's the treatment on Joe and Barbie? Neither of those is an 80s line. They existed in the 80s, but that's because Barbie is eternal and Joe was an also-ran in between He-Man and Transformers. I'd be disappointed if the treatment of either of those lines was conspicuously 80s-centric (though I can understand that there's a limited pool of people around to interview about the history of these things.)

Edited by Copper Bezel, 31 December 2017 - 05:57 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#23 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62921 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:13 AM

They focus on their original inception. G.I. Joe has time focused on the 80's due to ARAH. Barbie doesn't spend too much time on the 80's.

#24 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Feeling nutty, but also grainy

• Administrator
  • 47105 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

Gotcha, very cool. = ] 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#25 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 28486 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

Spoiler

:D

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#26 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2037 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

These were actually really, really good.

Literally my only criticisms were ignoring everything GI Joe did after ARAH ended, when the other ones covered it to the present day (and He-Man even talked about it being mostly dead and failing to stay relevant, so they were certainly willing to go there), and abbreviating the 90's relaunch of Star Wars to make it seem like it began with the Phantom Menace, when Power of the Force 2-->Shadows of the Empire-->Special Edition stuff was literally my childhood, so that's just a personal thing.

Now I really want to see the Transformers one, though I also worry they're going to shortchange everything after 1990.

#27 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 10344 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Now I really want to see the Transformers one, though I also worry they're going to shortchange everything after 1990.

So just like Hasbro then.

SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#28 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 28486 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

*crosses fingers for a 15 minute segment on Power Core combiners*

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#29 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 22787 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

Watched Star Wars and Barbie. I knew way more about Star Wars than Barbie of course, so the Barbie ep held more surprises, but even with the SW episode it was interesting to learn more about the behind-the-scenes business dealings and design history. I don't like the narrator or the intro, and I noticed they did skip over the Ewoks line and both the 1985 and roided-out 1995 Power of the Force lines, but still it's a pretty fun and informative series so far.

Star Trek in the next batch seems like the odd-man-out inclusion. It's the only one of the 8 that was never a phenomenon as a toyline alone. Sure, there have been decades of Trek toys, but they've rarely been good and they've never been popular. It'll be interesting to see how they make them, well, interesting.

#30 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2037 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Star Trek in the next batch seems like the odd-man-out inclusion. It's the only one of the 8 that was never a phenomenon as a toyline alone. Sure, there have been decades of Trek toys, but they've rarely been good and they've never been popular. It'll be interesting to see how they make them, well, interesting.

I initially thought that, too, but it's a bit of a misconception because Star Trek mostly skipped the 80s, toy-wise, due to the Motion Picture's toyline flopping hard, and no toymakers wanting to go near the brand for awhile. The 90's Playmates line of figures that began with Next Gen was huuuuuge at the time, had figures that were individually-numbered, was pitched to collectors, and was generally considered a cut above the rest in terms of poseability, accessories and sculpt. I think there's a neat story to tell, there. Plus, if you want to go back, the Mego stuff in the 70's was huge, too.

#31 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38363 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

My favorite part about the MOTU episode was when they got to the 200X series. Even they were like, "WTF?".

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#32 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4182 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

I initially thought that, too, but it's a bit of a misconception because Star Trek mostly skipped the 80s, toy-wise, due to the Motion Picture's toyline flopping hard, and no toymakers wanting to go near the brand for awhile. The 90's Playmates line of figures that began with Next Gen was huuuuuge at the time, had figures that were individually-numbered, was pitched to collectors, and was generally considered a cut above the rest in terms of poseability, accessories and sculpt. I think there's a neat story to tell, there. Plus, if you want to go back, the Mego stuff in the 70's was huge, too.

My fear is that they'll focus solely on the Mego side and ignore the massive presence Star Trek had on the industry in the early to mid 90s.

#33 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16356 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

Pleasantly surprised; I was expecting "I Love the 80s" or, worse, that Toy Hunter hoax show from a few years ago. Instead these were mostly smart and well-crafted. I just wish they'd gotten into more details of market shifts: WHY these once-dominant toys fell apart. Apparently there were no SW toys from 1986-94? I had never heard that.

#34 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6023 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

I guess they kind of skipped over Micro Machines too, at that.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#35 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7363 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Apparently there were no SW toys from 1986-94? I had never heard that.

its true. once the first power of the force ended that was it (wait. when were the ewoks and droids toys out? anyway...). i think it was pretty much considered a dead toy franchise until the orange card series kicked off and everyone lost their shit over them (me included). they hit at just the right time, when people who had grown up with the original toys were entering the work force and could buy what they wanted now

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#36 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3452 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:10 AM

I like most of this...my big complaint was the HUGE omission of the G.I.Joe episode COMPLETELY skipping the SHIELD/HYDRA stuff.

makes me wonder what the other episodes are leaving out.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#37 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 22787 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

I like most of this...my big complaint was the HUGE omission of the G.I.Joe episode COMPLETELY skipping the SHIELD/HYDRA stuff.

The what now? A Google search failed to explain.

#38 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10489 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

Larry Hama's GI Joe: ARAH pitch was based on a rejected concept he had come up with for a "Nick Fury and SHIELD vs Hydra" series. Cobra is basically just a renamed Hydra.

#39 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2037 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:01 AM

Apparently there were no SW toys from 1986-94? I had never heard that.

its true. once the first power of the force ended that was it (wait. when were the ewoks and droids toys out? anyway...). i think it was pretty much considered a dead toy franchise until the orange card series kicked off and everyone lost their shit over them (me included). they hit at just the right time, when people who had grown up with the original toys were entering the work force and could buy what they wanted now

I was so dissappointed they didn't cover the Orange Card stuff, and acted like the relaunch began with Phantom Menace. It was an important moment in my childhood.

Edited by Fear or Courage, 08 January 2018 - 10:01 AM.

#40 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16389 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

I've only watched the MotU episode so far, and while they addressed the decline of the original and the weaker performance of the two relaunches honestly I felt it kinda needed more detail. The reasons they go into for the original line's decline especially seem only semi relevant and don't mention a bunch of things that it is usually attributed to.

-ZacWilliam, and yeah the subsequent lines are barely mentioned at all, but it was still a pretty interesting watch with some fun stories.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 08 January 2018 - 10:07 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users