Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

In case anyone's wondering.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Also, she pronounces her own name "Zuh-see".

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I think I'd read a while back she was born in Berlin

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I thought Zazie Beetz was really fantastic in Deadpool 2. Really looking forward to seeing her in Joker.

@  Liege : (20 September 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Any sightings of Ratchet at U.S. Walgreens yet? A couple of stores around me have recently restocked their toy aisles but no Ratchets yet at those ones.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:54 AM)

You don't even hear a hint of an accent, and she only very rarely chooses some odd wording where she probably wasn't familiar with the more appropriate alternative due to its relative obscurity.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:41 AM)

Just watched what's possibly the most relaxed interview ever of a German Youtuber interviewing Zazie while walking around Berlin. Turns out she was born in Berlin and spent quite some time in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:39 AM)

Actors and actresses I had no idea speak fluent German, part 4.231: Zazie Beetz from Deadpool 2.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:14 PM)

It's too bad it's like this because some of what they're doing with tiny cars is pretty cool, but I'm not willing to sign up for that f-ing hassle.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:13 PM)

At this point I'm trying to decide how much of a markup I'm willing to pay some scalper scum or if I should just say to hell with it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 September 2019 - 02:11 PM)

That is pretty much the constant story with Hot Wheels. Anything you might actually want has most likely been picked clean and marked up.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM)

I've been watching some Youtube Hot Wheels videos out of boredom and discovered there exists a new car that just came out maybe a month ago that looks just like one I had when I was little, and I've been looking around hoping to get it. Slim picking everywhere, but online there are a slew of sellers asking for 3 and 4x the retail price, plus a hefty shipping markup.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Oh, that explains the problem I've encountered with finding one little car

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Oh boy. I work at Target, and literally every single morning, there are two or three guys outside who make a beeline straight to the Hot Wheels.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 September 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Hot Wheels

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 12:25 PM)

Which collecting community has the worst scalpers?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 September 2019 - 09:55 PM)

I've never read the source material and don't know much about it, but I enjoyed the first film quite a bit, and found the second alright

@  Sabrblade : (17 September 2019 - 09:49 PM)

The first movie was definitely not for me. I flat out hated it. Didn't even bother with the sequel.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2019 - 05:02 PM)

I liked the first movie a lot and enjoyed the original volume of the book, and the way they were developed in parallel was really interesting. It all got super extra unpleasant as soon as they went back though. I don't remember really whether the initial sequels are "good" or not, but either way both the second movie and the second run of the book quickly demonstrated that the property sure wasn't for me.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i have a real hard time offering praise of anything connected to an utter shitstain like Mark Millar.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2019 - 01:23 PM)

Kick Ass 2 was okay for what it was, a sequel to a film that was okay, just okay. It had a good performance from Nic Cage while the sequel had Jim Carrey who decided he didn't want to promote it after one of america's regularly scheduled massacres.

@  Benbot : (17 September 2019 - 12:20 PM)

Was Kick Ass 2 really that bad? I never got around to seeing it, but after watching the first movie again the other day, I'm thinking about it.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

Photo
- - - - -

NVK's thread of Magic And Stuff

NotVeryKnightly ask thread miracles

2042 replies to this topic

#1961 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

You don't have an imgur account?

I do not. At least for now.

On another note, I'm nearly at the end of Kamen Rider Ryuki and well,

DnRj2xj.jpg

finally, the subtitles handled this the way it should be

This is a real good level of gay

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 12 August 2019 - 11:40 AM.

#1962 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

I watched the Tokyo 7th Sisters 2nd Anniversary concert and 4U were basically the best part of it.

UmmEeY7.jpg

Though it was kind of hard getting clear screenshots with the three of them in view

9gzkaCc.jpg

Judging by backstage photos from the 5th anniversary (among other things), they might have reached a point where their voice actors look more in-character than the actual in-game art.

SAW94v2.jpg

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 13 August 2019 - 03:16 PM.

#1963 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1796 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:06 AM

I wonder if, in the vein of The Pussycat Dolls, eventually t7s will be rebranded t7s feat. SEVENTH SISTERS & 4U, considering how... well... forgettable the main unit is. Outside of the main character, they're all kind of the same sort of "Oh idol anime characters".

Even in terms of their music, I feel like when your side-units start getting their own shows, frequently, there's got to be a revaluation of what the brands main assets are.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#1964 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:56 AM

The game's been going for more than five years already. At this point it's surely more likely to close than go through any rebranding, unless they're gonna shift focus to the future seen in Longing for Summer or something like that.

Plus, it's not quite at the level of 8 Beat Story, where the rival group got not only their own concerts, but also a joint thing with an actual (not in-character) artist, which feels like they're now less hipster than their source material.

#1965 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1796 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:19 AM

unless they're gonna shift focus to the future seen in Longing for Summer or something like that.

I wonder if this would involve a scenario where some hopeless idiot still believes SEVENTH will come back even after the timeskip.

I wonder if eventually 2_wEi will just have their own major debut without the 8BS marketing. Or they'll just reverse BanG Dream! them.

Meanwhile, LiveRevolt is having a unit vs unit live, but MC's unit is not going against main rival unit so I guess we're not that far in the "story" yet.

I should probably get back to reading the manga.

Edited by fourteenwings, 14 August 2019 - 10:23 AM.

#1966 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1796 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:39 AM

X4sFXOA.jpg

Are idol blimps just a thing I didn't know about?

#1967 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:52 PM

I dunno. Is there an implication that this one was somehow related to a different group?

Oddly relevant to thread title:

I'm almost at the end of Digimon Tamers and

IVVQE8a.jpg

it seems government boy can't differentiate between the Nibelungenlied and the Volsunga Saga.

But also it is just strange that they decided to give Dukemon's new accessory a blatantly Norse name when they haven't brought up Yggdrasil in this show.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 15 August 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#1968 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

So after some searching around it turns out that Yggdrasil might not have appeared in any Digimon thing until after Tamers, so maybe the Royal Knights having a blatantly Norse mythology boss is actually because of Dukemon rather than the other way around?

#1969 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 34867 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:23 PM

I dunno. Digimon seems to be unafraid to take influences from just about anything, from the Olympus Twelve to Sanzomon & Gokuwmon. So while I think it's a possibility that Grani led to Yggdrasil, it might be that Yggdrasil might have come about regardless.

#1970 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1796 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:59 PM

But also it is just strange that they decided to give Dukemon's new accessory a blatantly Norse name when they haven't brought up Yggdrasil in this show.

Well I think for some reason we're supposed to just assume that Yggdrasil always exists. Except in Appmon.

Yggdrasil might not have appeared in any Digimon thing until after Tamers, so maybe the Royal Knights having a blatantly Norse mythology boss is actually because of Dukemon rather than the other way around?

Well now I'm really confused. Did the Royal Knights really not appear until Digital Monster X Evolution? Is my whole understanding of Digimons mythology dependent on a movie I didn't even see until this year? Dukemon was barely even the main character in that. Though of course he got more screentime than Magnamon, who didn't get to do anything except be like (well not really) "I totally count as a Royal Knight even if I am just a half-rate Armor Digivolution!"

#1971 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

Digging around, the Royal Knights have been mentioned even back in Tamers material, specifically, Toei's page for Dukemon. (Which doesn't make sense considering that this Dukemon doesn't work with the Knights) But no Yggdrasil there. Apparently Frontier had Royal Knights as a group but possibly without Yggdrasil.

I found a post detailing Yggdrasil's history, apparently written up during Tri (so spoilers for a lot of Digimon stuff up to that, but it has section titles if you want to avoid specific ones), and the earliest appearance for Yggdrasil mentioned there is something called "Digimon Chronicle", which from what I could find on wikis started right after Frontier.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 16 August 2019 - 12:26 AM.

#1972 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:44 AM

So I'm now rewatching the first magical girl anime I ever cared about:

y2zt2KM.jpg

But also she sounds so much like Nero that this felt like sarcasm.

Ggcp15V.jpg

Did magical girl terminology actually get standardized a long time ago and I didn't notice?

v2FrVec.jpg

ahhhahahahaaah

#1973 Logicron

Logicron

A Weird

• Citizen
  • 32284 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:05 AM

Wait, does Sakura have the same VA as Nero?

Great, and here I was hoping to have just one month where I don't have to face down the embodiment of entropy and terror. 

#1974 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1796 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:23 AM

Did magical girl terminology actually get standardized a long time ago and I didn't notice?

I'm guessing we all just probably didn't notice some stuff before Madoka. Then again, before Madoka I mainly stuck to PreCure, which has it's own traditions.

Edited by fourteenwings, 21 August 2019 - 07:23 AM.

#1975 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:34 AM

Yes.

#1976 Logicron

Logicron

A Weird

• Citizen
  • 32284 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:38 AM

Yes.

This feels like one of those situations where a VA voices two characters who are exact opposites.

Great, and here I was hoping to have just one month where I don't have to face down the embodiment of entropy and terror. 

#1977 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:52 AM

Just wanted to leave this somewhere:

<Naas> Do you think Symphogear "ending" just means something wacky like
<Naas> getting taken over by Bushiroad
<Naas> because Kidani has yet another prediction for the next big thing in charasong franchises
<fourteenwings> don't give him any ideas
<fourteenwings> If Bushiroad took over Symphogear there'd be like 30 new gears split across 5-6 teams by end of day
<fourteenwings> All of them somehow headed by Love Live! seiyuu
<Naas> by end of day <-- do you mean that
<Naas> this will just be the first day of announcements
<fourteenwings> Yes

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 21 August 2019 - 07:52 AM.

#1978 Logicron

Logicron

A Weird

• Citizen
  • 32284 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:23 AM

Bushiroad makes card games, so I'm assuming 14W means they would turn it into a Vanguard clone where you have multiple teams and each team has its own theme.

#1979 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22644 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

I was mainly referring to how Bushiroad are big into the character song business and Kidani's odd idea about trends.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 21 August 2019 - 08:46 AM.

#1980 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1796 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:46 AM

Yeah I'm actually referring to their involvement in multi-media charason projects that they immediately push into every avenue possible. They're even involved in publishing the official Love Live! game, and the international push on that is all them.

Other stuff includes BanG Dream! (which they made popular through sheer force of will, basically), Revue Starlight, D4DJ, etc

Oddly enough I think this all started through Milky Holmes, who they kept around as a unit for so long that they're probably the longest-running anime based unit where their anime doesn't have singing as a plot point (well, until the third season).

Edited by fourteenwings, 21 August 2019 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users